Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23456 times)
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:55:25 AM

Its a hate thread loaded with your bullshit delusions and conjecture. In it resides some valid questions (that have been answered but not all in one place, linkworthy...) clouded, as i said, with buillshit delusions and conjecture.

You wont find anyone enabling your crap CH. You damn well know what i mean by make your own respectful thread asking the questions you would like answeres too. You refuse to and call it all sorts of crap it just isnt.
You seem unwell to me and you seem out to destroy yourself and everyone with you. I will have no part in this silly game. I'm trying to help you get heard but you keep throwing that in my face also.

Untill you respect yourself dont expect anyone else to resepct you!

Forget the cheap psychology

Answer the questions, it's that simple

What's the problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:33:22 AM

So why are NIZKPs and ring sigs used when only one is required for anon? Anybody?

Does this mean that SDC`s anon feature is not successful?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:45:32 AM

So why are NIZKPs and ring sigs used when only one is required for anon? Anybody?

NIZKP are part of the method used by CryptoNote ring signatures, which was copied by SDC. It is in section 4.4 of the CryptoNote white paper.
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:58:09 AM

NIZKP are part of the method used by CryptoNote ring signatures, which was copied by SDC. It is in section 4.4 of the CryptoNote white paper.

Do xmr and sdc have technically the same anon feature?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:19:01 AM

It isn't exactly the same due to the nature of the code bases (SDC is built on top of a Bitcoin fork, Monero is not), and there are some other small details that are different, but the overall method of the ring signatures is the same.
child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:44:29 AM

It isn't exactly the same due to the nature of the code bases (SDC is built on top of a Bitcoin fork, Monero is not), and there are some other small details that are different, but the overall method of the ring signatures is the same.

I could kiss you smooth. What's you take on the ShadowSendv2 whitepaper?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:48:36 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 11:08:46 AM by smooth

They should have properly cited cryptonote instead of just burying it in the references with no citation in the paper. Other than that, and ignoring the issue of writing quality and style, the paper isn't bad.

I'm told that the messaging thing is similarly derivative of Bitmessage with similar lack of care to properly cite and give credit, but I can't confirm based on my own research (since I haven't done any).
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:50:28 AM

And now you want to kiss smooth.....   Come on man, now your taking this a step too far.   Wink  
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:51:19 AM

And now you want to kiss smooth.....   Come on man, now your taking this a step too far.   Wink  

I agree.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:17:28 AM

I agree.

For answering a Q I express my gratitude.

So NIZKPs and Ring SIgs are part of the same CN technology? OK
And the WP isnt bad despite not referencing CN correctly? You are more generous than others Ive spoken to regarding this

Zeuner asked for more documentation. Does this seem reasonable to you and can you explain why providing documentation for a crytographic peer review could be so time consuming it has been placed on the backburner for almost a year? Would it not be wiser to have ShadowSend properly tested before moving on to the Market?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:21:51 AM

I agree.

For answering a Q I express my gratitude.

So NIZKPs and Ring SIgs are part of the same CN technology? OK
And the WP isnt bad despite not referencing CN correctly? You are more generous than others Ive spoken to regarding this

I did mention the writing quality. It is hard to understand and unclear about a lot of things. On the tech itself, what can I say? It is a near-clone of cryptonote which I consider to be a generally good system.

Zeuner asked for more documentation. Does this seem reasonable to you and can you explain why providing documentation for a crytographic peer review could be so time consuming it has been placed on the backburner for almost a year? Would it not be wiser to have ShadowSend properly tested before moving on to the Market?

I have no opinion on the priorities of the people running the SDC project. I guess they have their reasons. You already know the distribution strategy disqualifies it from consideration for me. Perhaps these issues are not unrelated.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:17:48 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 01:47:20 PM by child_harold

Oh you're just jealous Wink Or maybe it's Stockholm syndrome, LOL

So you finally dropped by? Good to see you rusty, do you like what I've done with the place? Smiley

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:26:45 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 01:39:24 PM by child_harold

I did mention the writing quality. It is hard to understand and unclear about a lot of things. On the tech itself, what can I say? It is a near-clone of cryptonote which I consider to be a generally good system.

This chimes perfectly with what my software developer mate said about the paper.

Since a whitepaper is supposed to make things clear and be coherent Id argue it fails to do specifically what it is meant to do. Therefor it is "bad".

The shadowchat paper could be even "badder" (worse) by the looks of things
http://www.shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcoin-p2p-em.pdf

Perhaps these issues are not unrelated.

I must confess I literally had no idea the original emission was supposed to be 20 million until a couple weeks ago when I started reading the original thread and that the PoW phase lasted even less time than I thought. Aborted after  only11 days due to scrypt ASIC's? Without this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700087.msg7925381#msg7925381 I might have never even known!

Doesnt look good.

Seeing 00Smurf, gouda and LongAndShort post in that thread in the first few days of Shadows life didnt make me feel any better either.

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:02:14 PM

CH, if you want information or questions answered, PM me here or on Slack. I'm not a developer, and I'm not a team member, but the questions you ask are easily answered by simple research.

It's ironic that you don't trust anyone in Shadow but you trust smooth and Zuener.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:15:03 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 08:27:45 PM by child_harold

CH, if you want information or questions answered, PM me here or on Slack. I'm not a developer, and I'm not a team member, but the questions you ask are easily answered by simple research.

It's ironic that you don't trust anyone in Shadow but you trust smooth and Zuener.

You think it's ironic?

Obviously I trust Zeuner and smooth more. They are direct and dont waste people's time and are (relatively speaking) well known entities in the crypto-space with proven records

Q What is the longest list in the world?
A The list of things Id rather do than PM you

Besides the fact u are not a dev and not a Team member you have always been a nasty piece of work

-You're the guy who once called me a broken hype machine and now struggles to get a single retweet
-Your'e the guy who by his own admission is the "only person that actively insults Child_Harold"
-You're the guy that called me schizophrenic on twitter
-You're the guy who told me to suck Zeuners dick
-You're the guy who said I was sucking smooths dick today

You're a programming student who used to work at McDonalds.
There's only one dick being sucked around here, and (ironically) its waiting for you in slack.

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:37:03 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 09:48:41 PM by Wheatclove

You think it's ironic?

Obviously I trust Zeuner and smooth more. They are direct and dont waste people's time and are (relatively speaking) well known entities in the crypto-space with proven records

Besides the fact u are not a dev and not a Team member you have always been a nasty piece of work

-You're the guy who once called me a broken hype machine and now struggles to get a single retweet
-Your'e the guy who by his own admission is the "only person that actively insults Child_Harold"

There's only one dick being sucked around here, and (ironically) its waiting for you in slack.

So you're not truly seeking any real knowledge or information from anyone other than smooth. Duly noted.

P.S. Zuener has wasted your time for "almost a year" and he's a nobody in the crypto-space with an unproven record.

I'm offering up an apology. My opinion of your actions is still my own, but it is not my place to actively degrade you in the ways I have in the past. My insults and name calling are not warranted by your behavior. I'm sorry for harassing you and upsetting you. I should have never stooped to that behavior.

Now, if you need to know some shit, let me know, I'll figure it out for you. Only after private means of communication have been expended, you can resort to posting your questions multiple times on the same page with biased evidence in an attempt to create uncertainty in the community.
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:58:28 PM

You think it's ironic?

So you're not truly seeking any real knowledge or information from anyone other than smooth. Duly noted.

P.S. Zuener has wasted your time for "almost a year" and he's a nobody in the crypto-space with an unproven record.

I'm offering up an apology. My opinion of your actions is still my own, but it is not my place to actively degrade you in the ways I have in the past. My insults and name calling are not warranted by your behavior. I'm sorry for harassing you and upsetting you. I should have never stooped to that behavior.

Now, if you need to know some shit, let me know, I'll figure it out for you. Only after private means of communication have been expended, you can resort to posting your questions multiple times on the same page with biased evidence in an attempt to create uncertainty in the community.

Quoting you to record this statement as long as BCT is online and longer. Good night WC
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:13:44 AM

So you finally dropped by? Good to see you rusty, do you like what I've done with the place? Smiley

Well this really saddens me CH.   Sad

You're better than this and its upsetting to see you lower yourself down to smooth or even bentachs level of mudslinging. 

I know others may not agree with me here, but I really hope once you get things sorted out that you can come back home.  Take care buddy.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 01:10:12 PM by child_harold

Well this really saddens me CH.   Sad

You're better than this and its upsetting to see you lower yourself down to smooth or even bentachs level of mudslinging.  

I know others may not agree with me here, but I really hope once you get things sorted out that you can come back home.  Take care buddy.

If you feel sad you can probably imagine how I feel. Thinking back on how much song & dance I raised over Zeuner months ago only to now find I am still without the review that I told everybody I know about. I have lost face and so has Shadow over this.

As far as mudslinging (I assume you're referring to the POW phase stuff I linked). People will make up their own minds about that and can do so just by reading the first few pages of the original SDC thread as I did for the first time a couple weeks back.

The censorship on the main SDC thread is totally out-of-control and LongAndShort's ANN only policy is bound to raise some eyebrows. I really dont see how asking questions about Zeuner in that thread is considered off-topic and I have little motivation at this point to struggle to post there without deletion, always wondering which of LongAndShorts triggers I might upset.

It has almost always been about the anon for me: Darkcoin, Monero, Bytecoin, Cloakcoin, Bytecoin, Shadow
A long and tiring pilgrimage indeed lasting three or so years.

OUR COMMUNITY DESERVED THAT REPORT. DAMMIT - I DESERVED THAT REPORT  Angry
WITHOUT IT SHADOW CANNOT PROVE INNOVATION AND HAS LITTLE VALUE.

Nobody will use the market or shaodwsend seriously until proper peer-review.

By coincidence the most recent episode of LetsTalkBitcoin deals with the subject of peer review and whitepapers and discusses a new web-based peer review journal called Ledger. I suggest you submit the whitepaper to them (for free) and see what they have to say. AT one point one of the Ledger guys says that crypto projects would do well to have there stuff peer-reviewed before launch. Oh well. Still though …give it a go.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-252-new-ideas-in-cryptocurrency
http://ledgerjournal.org/ojs/index.php/ledger/announcement/view/4

Be courageous.

This time next year Rusty…

funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:17:18 PM

My view:

Coins should use uncensored threads instead of moderated ones. That way these issues remain on the coins thread to be dealt with instead of adding new drama and threads to the site.

Child Harold may have made mistakes, but I can understand why he felt frustrated and wanted to vent after his posts kept getting deleted in the SDC thread.

Many investors avoid coins with moderated announcement threads altogether and I don't blame them. Those that speak the truth should not be scared of an open and unmoderated debate.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: