Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:00:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23458 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:32:03 PM

Child_Harold, I really don't get what you hope to gain by posting in this thread.

Maybe he doesn't hope to 'gain' anything and is just doing this as a hobby, which is the case for many of us here. There is nothing wrong with unmoderated discussion, especially when the main ANN thread for a coin is moderated. That alone is a red flag, you know?

Correct

I have no agenda... in the morning Smiley

PS it's not a hobby, it's a passion

Fine, at least we know your motives. Spitting dirt just for the fun of it with no goal at all.

I wonder what the definition of trolling is.

Being critical of a project is not "spitting dirt".

You act as if there is no such thing as a poorly managed or corrupt projects. That's clearly false. Whether Shadow is either or both of those is a legitimate question for debate, and certainly one that can't happen fairly on a moderated ANN thread.

Your argument will be more persuasive if you stick to the substance of the matter and avoid resorting to attacks on character or motives.
child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:43:48 PM

Child_Harold, I really don't get what you hope to gain by posting in this thread.

Maybe he doesn't hope to 'gain' anything and is just doing this as a hobby, which is the case for many of us here. There is nothing wrong with unmoderated discussion, especially when the main ANN thread for a coin is moderated. That alone is a red flag, you know?

Correct

Fine, at least we know your motives. Spitting dirt just for the fun of it with no goal at all.

WTF u talking bout?

I was always into the TRUTH, a state which SDC was completely unable to provide.

Every Q I provide is met with the same hallmark of scam - defensive & aggressive & insecure replies to my salient points.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:44:38 PM

Correct

You act as if there is no such thing as a poorly managed or corrupt projects. That's clearly false. Whether Shadow is either or both of those is a legitimate question for debate, and certainly one that can't happen fairly on a moderated ANN thread.

Your argument will be more persuasive if you stick to the substance of the matter and avoid resorting to attacks on character or motives.

Fuck yeah

Jesus H Christ - how hard have I tried?…

If anybody deserves a clear answer it's me. F everybody elses opinion.

Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:35:42 PM

Correct

WTF u talking bout?

I was always into the TRUTH, a state which SDC was completely unable to provide.

Every Q I provide is met with the same hallmark of scam - defensive & aggressive & insecure replies to my salient points.

Every question you have ever asked has been answered.

Your inability to accept those answers and repetitively spam the same questions is hallmark of trolling, fudding, and an extremely vindictive agenda.
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:48:22 PM

Smooth, the only reason you are here is because you want to make a competitor look bad, if this were a thread criticizing monero or aeon, I think you would most likely have agreed with my post.  I have many issues with the way monero has conducted itself, but nonetheless I respect that you and the rest of your team are professionals, and for that reason I don't waste my time slandering you, even if I take some issues about with how monero has been run.

As for calling a moderated thread a red flag well, should I start spamming the fuck out of this thread with memes? Would that make it obvious why a coin can't keep an un-moderated thread?  Keeping the main thread moderated is the only way to keep actually relevant information from getting buried in an ocean of fud and spam.

What I am hoping for is some amount of civility, and discussion that is not charged with emotion (particularly negative ones).  Child_Harold is now going out of his way to slander a specific project, one that despite thin documentation, has gotten some real work done.  This is not the type of discourse that is acceptable in a civilized society.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:25:12 PM

Smooth, the only reason you are here is because you want to make a competitor look bad, if this were a thread criticizing monero or aeon, I think you would most likely have agreed with my post.

Neither Monero nor AEON has a moderated ANN thread, so you are free to discuss the positives and negatives those coins on their own ANN threads without any actual or appearance of thread-starter bias. Thus there is no need for an "uncensored" discussion thread about them. That is not the case for Shadow.

As for making a competitor look bad, I don't even consider Shadow much of a competitor as it is a proof-of-stake coin and a Bitcoin fork. I don't mean that as a put down either, it is just a completely different market segment. And in fact one of my recent posts on this thread has been in support of Shadow, and I've commented in support of it on various occasions in the past.

I'm mostly in favor of uncensored discussion and letting the chips fall where they may.

As for calling a moderated thread a red flag well, should I start spamming the fuck out of this thread with memes? Would that make it obvious why a coin can't keep an un-moderated thread?

Both Monero and AEON (and many other coins) have unmoderated ANN threads which proves your statement untrue. Yes, they've had their issues with spam, trolling, etc. but open discussion coupled with the hard work of the neutral forum mods enforcing general forum rules generally keeps it under control.

Child_Harold is now going out of his way to slander a specific project

If his claims are untrue or unsupported that should be apparent to the reader. I suggest you comment on the merits to that end instead of attacking him and his motives.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:36:14 PM

Correct

WTF u talking bout?

Your inability to accept those answers and repetitively spam the same questions is hallmark of trolling, fudding, and an extremely vindictive agenda.

Hmmm…
Should I embarrass you by enumerating all the unanswered questions surrounding this project?

Tell me one more time my questions have been answered and Ill walk our readers through it all;

e.g. Is the Zeuner review still pending? Assuming it has been abandoned can I get a refund please (after 1 year of waiting)?
Why was the review abandoned? Why could a 9-man  team not satisfy 1 German reviewer? Why did the SDC Team not admit the CN roots of SSv2 from the outset? Where is the evidence of a vote taking place for a) the abandonment of the review or b) the reduction in emission after only a few days of PoW? Which CINNI community members were brought into SDC "early"? Is technovert even real?

Thar's just the beginning… shall I continue WC?

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:31:09 PM

CH now speaking ill about SDC. Incredible.
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:35:01 PM

CH now speaking ill about SDC. Incredible.

Seriously , where have u been?

PS some posts ( at least one) have been removed from this thread  - not by me

Could I request that BCT mods let all posts posted remain posted? Thanks
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:52:33 PM

No you can't request that the BCT mods ignore the forum rules. You could dispute their interpretation of forum rules in the Meta section
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:53:02 PM

-Is Zuener still working on the review?
    - no he is not, and I actually do agree you should be refunded.
-Why was the review abandoned?
    - The review was abandoned for now because they decided to keep working on further additions instead of documentation, as we have have seen reduced ring signatures since then and an HD wallet.  I feel it was a good move to put the review on hold, maybe you disagree, but there is nothing nefarious about what they did.
-Why did the SDC Team not admit the CN roots of SSv2 from the outset?
    - To the best of my knowledge they did, the reference was in the whitepaper.
-  Where is the evidence of a vote taking place for
      a.) the abandonment of the review or
      b.) the reduction in emission after only a few days of PoW.
    - I don't recall a community vote for either of these, if they referred to a vote it was likely one within the dev team itself, I don't buy that they are  required to consult the community to make those kind of decisions

- As for your last 2 question, well they kind of go into the realm of conspiracy theory, and I cannot give an answer that would satisfy you.

Have things gone perfect for this coin? no I don't think they have, there have been real issues, but also real progress.  I think the team has vision, and if you decide you're not interested fine, but please drop the constant negativity towards this project.

P.S. they have been working on documentation, but it's not a priority, they feel that having that market out and working is more important, and I agree.  Besides the more work that is done, the more attention Shadow will get, and thus it will be easier to get the code reviewed.

Smooth, the only reason you are here is because you want to make a competitor look bad, if this were a thread criticizing monero or aeon, I think you would most likely have agreed with my post.

Neither Monero nor AEON has a moderated ANN thread, so you are free to discuss the positives and negatives those coins on their own ANN threads without any actual or appearance of thread-starter bias. Thus there is no need for an "uncensored" discussion thread about them. That is not the case for Shadow.

As for making a competitor look bad, I don't even consider Shadow much of a competitor as it is a proof-of-stake coin and a Bitcoin fork. I don't mean that as a put down either, it is just a completely different market segment. And in fact one of my recent posts on this thread has been in support of Shadow, and I've commented in support of it on various occasions in the past.

I'm mostly in favor of uncensored discussion and letting the chips fall where they may.

As for calling a moderated thread a red flag well, should I start spamming the fuck out of this thread with memes? Would that make it obvious why a coin can't keep an un-moderated thread?

Both Monero and AEON (and many other coins) have unmoderated ANN threads which proves your statement untrue. Yes, they've had their issues with spam, trolling, etc. but open discussion coupled with the hard work of the neutral forum mods enforcing general forum rules generally keeps it under control.

Child_Harold is now going out of his way to slander a specific project

If his claims are untrue or unsupported that should be apparent to the reader. I suggest you comment on the merits to that end instead of attacking him and his motives.

Well Smooth I agree with "letting the chips fall where they may" to a point, but you have to understand that Shadow's original ANN thread was hit with some of the largest amount mudslinging I have ever seen on the net, and most threads I've seen are like that.  Monero's thread is 1411 pages long, kind of hard to sift though.  And hey, big surprise that you guys moved away this website for news and announcements and went to your own forum, and if Aeon picks up traction I'd be willing to bet you will do the same thing there.  Shadow's ANN thread is still its main announcement thread, and for that reason it makes perfect sense to keep it moderated.  If they move away from BTCT, well it might make sense to leave the thread unmoderated, but not right now.

I feel I may have come at you a bit strong before, you have said good things about the project, I shouldn't accuse you of slander, so I apologize for that.  That being said I feel most of Child_Harold's points are rooted in his own frustration than anything else, if the price were higher he wouldn't be complaining, he is offloading his financial frustration onto management decisions he disagrees with.

Now I really would love for this thread to just die, and that the tone of these discussions would just ease up a bit, I'm sure we'd all like that.
Wheatclove

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:54:56 PM

Correct

WTF u talking bout?

Hmmm…
Should I embarrass you by enumerating all the unanswered questions surrounding this project?

Tell me one more time my questions have been answered and Ill walk our readers through it all;

e.g. Is the Zeuner review still pending? Assuming it has been abandoned can I get a refund please (after 1 year of waiting)?
Why was the review abandoned? Why could a 9-man  team not satisfy 1 German reviewer? Why did the SDC Team not admit the CN roots of SSv2 from the outset? Where is the evidence of a vote taking place for a) the abandonment of the review or b) the reduction in emission after only a few days of PoW? Which CINNI community members were brought into SDC "early"? Is technovert even real?

You've added a few questions that you've never previously asked.

Wanderlust

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:03:57 PM

No you can't request that the BCT mods ignore the forum rules. You could dispute their interpretation of forum rules in the Meta section

Yes I can request... It's the whole point of this thread after all

My requests can be ignored but I started this thread for a reason

Wink
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:04:55 PM

Wink

If you're interested in discussing moderation, you should do it in the Meta section. If they see these posts discussing moderation here, they will correctly delete them.
Wanderlust

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:05:11 PM

Correct

WTF u talking bout?

Hmmm…

No. It was all there. Answers please
Wanderlust

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:06:33 PM

Wink

If you're interested in discussing moderation, you should do it in the Meta section. If they see these posts discussing moderation here, they will correctly delete them.

Maybe so... But let the record show I tried to change it
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:25:19 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 01:39:29 PM by rustynailer

Correct

Maybe your arguments will be more persuasive if you didn't spit dirt at the project every time you get the chance.  

And as for the moderated thread, has there been any questions you have posted in there that have been deleted or do you know of any questions that have not been answered in the thread, seriously what debate are we missing out on in the thread?  The only posts that have been deleted have been 100% fud posts like when they yell scam in huge red font.  

Are they your posts from your shill acc, i wouldn't put it past you because you have been calling Shadow a scam for over a year now, and guess what, the project is still going and your tactics haven't changed a bit.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:57:34 PM

Correct

I have given a lot of thought to this. I think that young passionate people are a majority of the people that make up the push for anon crypto which is the true endgame for crypto in most people's eyes.
Therefore it is important to keep in mind that motivation to emotionally troll is present through the following perspectives strictly:
a.  Former investor spiteful about losses
b.  Current investor wanting lower prices

Now the amount of trolling that SDC saw was insane. Excessive trolling can dilute a thread's content until there is no linear conversation available and due to this no progress or support or ideas and the thread is hosed. This is the point of trolling. But this is also the reason for the moderated thread. If you look back through the thread though you will notice that any legit criticisms or concerns or questions were left up. Only crazy tantrum bullcrap gets removed. Which is why I think this shit is so funny over here. It's like a constant bitch-fest about not being able to throw a bitch-fest in a more public setting on one of CH's 15 fucking accounts. And Smooth, it seems like you are just stoking the flames which is always fun to do but you should realize this guy is nuts by now right?

And to be clear the audit was a community effort if I remember right? Also - "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." comes to mind.

Also, BaxterJames you sexy son of a bitch!

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Wheatclove

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:09:49 PM

Correct

WTF u talking bout?

Hmmm…

Prove it, troll.
Wanderlust

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:28:01 PM

Correct

WTF u talking bout?

Hmmm…

Prove it, troll.

All these questions (and more) have been raised in these last 10 pages.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: