Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23456 times)
child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:23:35 PM

And yet even now @systh you come at me with your poison-tongue like some droided banshee trying to disabuse me of my victory?

Allow me to disabuse YOU of something; that the following statement should convince anybody that you guys are at best liars and at worst delusional:

In fact, our team is growing stronger and larger in time, new faces are enthusiastic to help out. Every this glitch just brings us closer togerther with higher motivation. So thanks actually.
But this is far from Shadow's end, I assure you

Let me ask you 3 questions:

1. Did Shen save men prison-time?
2. Is your thread still heavily modded with a deleteBot?
3. How do you reconcile SDC's censorship with their claimed "free speech" values?

I call upon members of this bitcointalk community to speak up about what's happening here.
If you support me then stand up and be counted.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:49:58 PM

And yet even now @systh you come at me with your poison-tongue like some droided banshee trying to disabuse me of my victory?

Exactly. This never was about Shadow, it was about you, right? You didn't like something, made 180° turn and went on a crusade to crush SDC.

"Poison-tounge"? What offended you this time?

Allow me to disabuse YOU of something; that the following statement should convince anybody that you guys are at best liars and at worst delusional:

In fact, our team is growing stronger and larger in time, new faces are enthusiastic to help out. Every this glitch just brings us closer togerther with higher motivation. So thanks actually.
But this is far from Shadow's end, I assure you

OK, what's so delusional about this exatly? I, in contrast to you, take active part in our community and therefore have some overview of what's happening, who's coming in etc.
Where do you get your info?

1. Did Shen save men prison-time?

Seriously? This could be a nice example of your imaginative made up arguments..
Honestly: I and/or anybody else have no idea. Or will you prove me wrong? How can you even argue with something like this?

Of course that the flaw wasn't welcome, of course it would be better without it.
But it's still software as any other and there are bugs (remember Heartbleed and others?) – did you stop using OpenSSL and bash the shit out of it? No. It got fixed, it got the attention and funding it needed.

Btw Shadow and other crypto coins are about privacy, not exatly about "doing illegal stuff without facing the consequences". If you do bad stuff, expect it coming around.

So again – how many men did Shen exactly save prison time, Child_harold? I take it you wouldn't argue with made up stuff.. after all, how could we take anything you say seriously then?

2. Is your thread still heavily modded with a deleteBot?
3. How do you reconcile SDC's censorship with their claimed "free speech" values?

Allow me to group these. Yes, our thread is modded and you alone know why. You were told MANY times, but fine, there goes again: Shadow's BTCT thread is an announcement thread. It's for annoucement. Updates from devs and community. Not for chatter and endless GIFs or youtube links to your favourite music. It's irrelevant. There's Slack/IRC for that.

Have a look at bitcointalk – does it look like a nice community? Far from it. Why would we want to spend time in this, when everyone's just attacking others? Not me.

Don't know where you did get that we promote "free speech" but sure. Shadow promotes privacy.

I call upon members of this bitcointalk community to speak up about what's happening here.
If you support me then stand up and be counted.

As mentioned before, at least now everybody knows this is just about you. Shadow is just your target, which you try to bully.

On the other hand, I call upon members to make up their own mind. You might not like Shadow, but at least you see what C_H is made of.

Cheers.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:14:06 PM

I went to a great deal of trouble to put all the links in the OP and research all my points as best I could.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT SHADOW, and nothing to do with me.

The Team was, and continues to be, totally irresponsible when handling these serious matters or taking responsibility for their actions. Rolling out a market without peer reviewed anon? You deserve all the shit you get for this.

Do you think the blogger working for deepdotcom has no mind of his/her own?
Do you think Im the only guy who feels this way?

No Zeuner Review,.
Now no Tecnovert.
A broken anon.

A free forum for discussion means exactly that and I am no more a troll than you are able to help restore any credibilty whatsoever as long as you continue this vendetta route of insult.

How about we discuss refunds for the Zeuner donations?
Or why Tecnovert left?
Or what idiot member of the SDC team wrote the blogpost: Shadowcash deanonymized? Nope., abotu 12 hours before it was proven otherwise??

NB: I greatly resent your attempts to discredit me. I have done, and will continue to do, more free-thinking in this space than you have ever demonsrtated.

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:32:57 PM

I went to a great deal of trouble to put all the links in the OP and research all my points as best I could.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT SHADOW, and nothing to do with me.

Do you think the blogger working for deepdotcom has no mind of his/her own?
Do you think Im the only guy who feels this way?

No Zeuner Review,.
Now no Tecnovert.
A broken anon.

A free forum for discussion means a exactly that and I am no more a troll than you are able to help restore any credibilty whatsoever as long as you continue this vendetta route of insult.

Or why Tecnovert left?

So again ignoring the rest of the points I made?
Do you see why's everybody upset with you when you don't listen?

----

The blogger might have his mind, but not the correct/current info. Or do you not agree? See the comments, someone summed up pretty nicely.

Just to be sure, I'm not here to restore credibility of Shadow in your eyes. I stopped caring for you some time ago as you persuaded me with your actions. I just don't feel it's OK to spam this thread with your delusions.. I'm here to defend SDC with what I KNOW, so that newbies won't fall for your hateful words. As you said, it's not about you, it's about Shadow.

No tecnovert, no. He did his job and isn't longer needed. We can argue about the quality, but again – bug are, were and definitely will be. Programming is hard, I know none of us two know the exact merit needed, so let's not discuss this.
The anon basis is built, fixed as we speak and the rest of Shadow Project just sits on top of this base.

And let me answer your Zeuner question with another question: Do you know how many times have we already answered you that? Do you know the definition of insanity? (when you like the links so much, hehe)
Same goes with "taking back donations". Millions of answers you got in the past and somehow this time you think this answer will be different?
If you don't remember, do the research and scroll down the history.

----

I'm done with you. It's like talking to a wall.

Everyone who want to learn the truth about Shadow, come and join our Slack channel, get to know the community and you'll see for yourselves. Don't take anyone's word for it.

Cheers.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:46:45 PM

Exactly. This never was about Shadow, it was about you, right?

No, it was about doing the right thing. You guys started with that review.

OK, what's so delusional about this exatly?

Shadow has lost all credibility and demonstrated ineptitude and irresponsibilty. I contend it is unlikely anybody will use a market made by this group.

[Re Shen saving men from prison]

Honestly: I and/or anybody else have no idea. Or will you prove me wrong? How can you even argue with something like this?

Your idiot policy of marching ahead without review should have resulted in arrest for market users, yes, Thanks to Shen

Allow me to group these. Yes, our thread is modded and you alone know why. You were told MANY times, but fine, there goes again: Shadow's BTCT thread is an announcement thread. It's for annoucement. Updates from devs and community. Not for chatter and endless GIFs or youtube links to your favourite music. It's irrelevant. There's Slack/IRC for that.

That's why I created this thread. I find your policies abhorrent

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:06:59 PM

Exactly. This never was about Shadow, it was about you, right?

No, it was about doing the right thing. You guys started with that review.

OK, what's so delusional about this exatly?

Shadow has lost all credibility and demonstrated ineptitude and irresponsibilty. I contend it is unlikely anybody will use a market made by this group.

[Re Shen saving men from prison]

Your idiot policy of marching ahead without review should have resulted in arrest for market users, yes, Thanks to Shen

That's why I created this thread. I find your policies abhorrent

I'd agree that Shen most likely did save men from prison time.
I still support the project, but my confidence has been shaken for sure.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:46:27 PM

This is all you've ever cared about.

You don't understand software development.
You don't understand open source development.

You're just a guy. Sitting out on the sidelines. Yelling "you suck" to the people trying to do stuff.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:25:42 PM

This is all you've ever cared about.

What I care about is no longer relevant.  The conversation has expanded.

Besides, you ate wrong. There was a time I cared for learning more about shadowsend and promoting it. I defended the Team at the time who insisted it was not a crytonote copy, when now it obviously is a (broken) copy.

We can safely assume that ShadowChat (the bitmessage copy) is similarly flawed since nobody has looked closely at it. Yet it is the core of your hastily planned market.

You tried to walk before you could run.

Of the past you say Zeuner was lazy, of the present you say Thanks Shen and to the future you say nevermind the present, we'll copy zcash next. The SDC Team lack accountability, professionalism and honesty

You don't understand software development.

Technically no but Im not impressed by the SDC approach.

You're just a guy. Sitting out on the sidelines. Yelling "you suck" to the people trying to do stuff.

What stuff is it you people trying to do? Create half-baked tools that'll land folks in jail?

My victory is almost pyrrhic given fatigue and zero remuneration. Still… I was right.

Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:59:47 AM

wow, i leave this thread for a few days after politely commenting on a potential flaw regarding an implementation due to lack of mathematical sophistication, acknowledgement of where to find the code and having looked at it to say that the conversation on github is more civil than here, only to find my comment removed.

discussing math and its proper implementation must be too hard.  

clearly the devs know more math than anyone else and solidly refute sound mathematical proofs.  

if anyone wants to have a go and find out about me before my comment gets removed again, PM me and i can send along my gpg credentials.

From SDC ANN
Feel free to re-post here
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:08:54 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 08:57:14 AM by child_harold

I posted this a year ago , maybe more, in the official thread back when I supported SDC. It has long since been deleted and actually I may have deleted it myself after a run in with a user called cryptophile.

Anyway I re-post it here today just to show… I dunno what - maybe just for nostalgia. Some Shadow memorabilia.

The Rambo meme (with ryno as rambo) was struck up between ryno and myself over IRC when he was on his jungle expedition early last year after the release of shadowsendv2.

At the time that I made it I was looking forward to the Zeuner review, as was he.

"They drew first blood, not me"
(joke)  Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/WD7eFYY.png

^still makes me chuckle. If you liked Cryptonote you'll love this.
At that time it was said ssv2 was not CN.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:38:09 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 08:49:59 AM by child_harold

I got this PM from wheatclove and I think it's the best post he ever wrote.
Having spoken of humility I elected to post his PM here.

I dont agree with a lot of it and dont see how SDC can recover, but Im not about to criticize.

People like you are the reason that developers are deterred to join crypto projects. We're all just trying to have fun, learn things, and create something bigger than ourselves. Your constant nagging and flaming is why developers like Technovert end up despising crypto development and decide to move onto game development.

This shit isn't easy for anyone. And your (and others) constant need to be extremely critical, rude, and demeaning in every single message to developers and other community members deters people from getting involved. Can you just chill out? You aren't doing anyone any favors. Speculators join our community everyday despite reading your posts.

It took time and effort to develop Shadow this far. That time and effort is worth something. But you and others keep saying that time and effort is worth nothing.

So on that note,
* child_harold takes up his bindle and wanders on on his pilgrimage.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:16:08 AM

Yeah OP does need a couple things updated actually.

Like how u got de-anon'd? Bazinga.

BTW You guys might wanna get that shadowchat/bitmessage clone vetted and reviewed (since it's the basis of your market) sometime before you put people's balls on the line. Just a thought.

bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:07:35 AM

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:11:40 AM

The question the community should be asking is what changes have been made to the process to address the underlying causes for not only the original bug, but also for: a) it not being found over a year in the wild, and b) the flaw being incorrectly dismissed by the core team once reported.

I would say the underlying causes are:

1. Poor/nonexistent core competency in cryptography and math.
2. No peer review.
3. Leadership failure in not recognizing the need for #1 and #2

Just fixing the bug is treating the symptom, not the cause.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:42:34 AM

Or why Tecnovert left?
Or what idiot member of the SDC team wrote the blogpost: Shadowcash deanonymized? Nope., abotu 12 hours before it was proven otherwise??

These are 100% legitimate concerns and questions.

Why can't we get some real answers from (whatever is left of) Team SDC, instead of deflection in the form of attacking the messenger?

IKR?  You should see what's happening in the NXT Civil War.  JL777 had a Hearnia and pulled a whiny rage quit.  Which just happens to be the perfect excuse to abandon his dozens of incomplete projects.

Then there's the bawling at /r/btc over the fact that Honey Badger is not a punching bag and will fight back when attacked.

Popcorn supplies are running dangerously low.   At this level of drama, nobody will notice when Game of Thrones comes back!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:19:54 AM

The question the community should be asking is what changes have been made to the process to address the underlying causes for not only the original bug, but also for: a) it not being found over a year in the wild, and b) the flaw being incorrectly dismissed by the core team once reported.

I would say the underlying causes are:

1. Poor/nonexistent core competency in cryptography and math.
2. No peer review.
3. Leadership failure in not recognizing the need for #1 and #2

Just fixing the bug is treating the symptom, not the cause.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:37:37 AM

A book based on the first year of ShadowCash is currently in progress.  Here is the preliminary front cover:

I have already published five books:

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Chris-P.-Thompson/e/B00S5L3PVM/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

This year I plan to release more books than in the year 2015.  

I wasn't even invited to write the foreword!
Without it this history will only last about 10 pages - what on earth is this guy gonna write about? How there was no peer review, android wallet or market? That SDC was deanon'd? That Tecnovert left and Ryno is a recluse? I dunno. Everything the author needs is in this thread.

hey smooth, you want me to buy you a copy?
(seriously though, he's gonna sell maybe 2 copies)

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 09:54:20 AM

A book based on the first year of ShadowCash is currently in progress.  Here is the preliminary front cover:

I have already published five books:

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Chris-P.-Thompson/e/B00S5L3PVM/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

This year I plan to release more books than in the year 2015.  

I wasn't even invited to write the foreword!
Without it this history will only last about 10 pages - what on earth is this guy gonna write about? How there was no peer review, android wallet or market? That SDC was deanon'd? That Tecnovert left and Ryno is a recluse? I dunno. Everything the author needs is in this thread.

hey smooth, you want me to buy you a copy?
(seriously though, he's gonna sell maybe 2 copies)

I'll buy a copy if Shen signs it.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:03:13 AM

I'll buy a copy if Shen signs it.

Shit - I'll buy one if Tecnovert signs it. I still dont believe that guy even exists!

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:44:56 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 10:07:05 AM by child_harold

Here is the glowing shill review of his DOGECOIN history book. Too much LOL

Another Fantastic Outstanding Volume from a Leading Cryptocurrency Pioneer!
By Greg Matthews on January 16, 2016
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
I'm an avid reader and have read hundreds of books over my 50 years! Chris Thompson is a man among men, a writer among writers, and a leading cryptocurrency pioneer. When the people of this world wake up and realize they've been lied to for hundreds of years, they won't want US Dollars, Euros, or Yen. They will demand cryptocurrencies. This book expertly documents Dogecoin's first year. It has quickly become one of the most popular currencies of this newly born revolution. Dive into this volume detailing the coin named after a Japanese breed of dog that's come alive as an iconic meme. Add this book to your library today and complete your crypto book collection!

http://www.amazon.com/Dogecoin-History-First-Christopher-Thompson/dp/1519667353/ref=la_B00S5L3PVM_1_2

"When the people of this world wake up and realize they've been lied to for hundreds of years, they won't want Dollars, Euros, or Yen."

They'll want ShadowCash!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH - OMG it hurts to laugh this much!

I didnt think it could get worse for SDC but it really just did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: