Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Trendon Shavers in person thread... [BTCST, BTS&T, pirateat40]  (Read 81229 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:39:17 AM

Thanks for bumping this. Is the SEC contact still communicating? Trendon needs to be extradited if out-of-country.

Ahhh not really.  There has been no crime committed.
Ummm.... what? He's practically violated every law in the SEC-relevant CFR, and he inarguably violated SEC regulations if he did have USD coming from hedge fund managers as he claimed.

Finished filing a fresh complaint with the SEC. Reference Number: TCR1357453781000. Will provide updates.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:47:19 AM

Most likely it was Trendon himself spreading disinformation.  Where you able to obtain the ip addresses of the people you were corresponding with?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:49:43 AM

I did not.  Someone just showed me how to track IP on skype.  Problem is I heard form this guy three times in October and not once since.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:50:21 AM

Thanks for bumping this. Is the SEC contact still communicating? Trendon needs to be extradited if out-of-country.

Ummm.... what? He's practically violated every law in the SEC-relevant CFR, and he inarguably violated SEC regulations if he did have USD coming from hedge fund managers as he claimed.

Finished filing a fresh complaint with the SEC. Reference Number: TCR1357453781000. Will provide updates.

Nice

Have you been interviewed?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:55:04 AM

The big problem is actual evidence.  Information given to BCB and relayed by him to the SEC can't be used so people have to be willing to deal with the SEC directly using their real names and to provide hard evidence of their dealings with Trendon or the PPT operators.  Think about what actual proof most people have that they gave Trendon funds (which weren't sent to anything as neat as a bank account in his name) and you see why it's not easy for authorities to take this anywhere meaningful.  Remember that most people didn't deal with Trendon directly, and those who did almost certainly violated the same laws Trendon did.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:56:14 AM

Now if it's Trendon trolling you he will use a proxy/VPN to match the "witness" location since he's likely monitoring this thread closely. This is the reason why I sent you instruction to track Skype IP via PM.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:02:48 AM

Name:   pirateat40
Custom Title:   Avast Ye!
Position:   SCAMMER
Date Registered:   26 July 2011, 08:15:00
Last Active:   01 January 2013, 18:25:43

Name:   Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย
Custom Title:   +++Censored and Banned+++
Position:   VIP
Date Registered:   19 October 2011, 20:52:00
Last Active:   Today at 13:05:22

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:07:41 AM

Nice

Have you been interviewed?
No. I was initially very surprised given I've had hundreds of thousands USD (though always through other people) worth of transactions going in and out of his program and furnished my personal information for Pirate when the collection notifications went out from PPT ops. Initially not being contacted terrified me a bit, wondering if I was being kept in the dark intentionally by the SEC due to my other activities. Thinking about it more, though, that's ridiculous because they'd want to interview me for information (under the guise of it being about someone else) if they were going after more people in a "BTC securities crackdown." I think it more likely someone filed a complaint and included the email addresses of PPT ops off GLBSE data.

At this point, it's really more important I repay lenders than worry what the SEC might do to me when there are probably no complaints against me and I doubt the SEC'd care about an unlisted, inactive operation which's paid back a large majority of amount owed and starting payments to cover the lenders off GLBSE in a few weeks. I read the SEC even gives out awards sometimes if they nab someone on provided information if the person scammed >$1m.  Tongue
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 10:50:29 AM

Seeing as this thread seems to have become active again, and the subject of PPT operators has come up, I wondered how forum members feel about the fact that the former Payb.tc, operator of Bicoinmax.com, the largest pirateat40 passthrough, has been allowed to change his forum name to E & G, keeping his "Hero" membership and post count, and has recently become active on the forums again after some months of silence.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25846

This doesn't seem right to me on all sorts of levels.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 11:28:13 AM

BCB, if that guy isn't bullshitting you, it might not be the brightest thing to post that log here. As someone else already mentioned, pirate is probably keeping a close eye on these threads. You might just blow his cover by posting here. Having said that, interesting for sure!

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 11:33:50 AM

Encouraging people to see this as some kind of exciting game is something we want to avoid, especially if they're encountering him in locations where they have little access to support or protection such as the SE Asian back-packer trail.

Agreed. It's completely irresponsible. This could have been a troll, but if it was a real guy then you were putting him in danger by encouraging him to investigate. He doesn't seem too clever. Perhaps the reason you haven't heard from him is that Pirate and his buddies got suspicious and kicked the shit out of the poor guy!

Of course I agree with you that it's most likely fake. The story is a little too cool and exciting. Would be funny if it was Trendon himself writing a fictional account of how he wishes it all went down, where he's an international playboy with boxes full of Swiss francs, when actually he lost it all on Zeek Rewards and he can't even afford a big mac.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:30:35 PM

Now if it's Trendon trolling you he will use a proxy/VPN to match the "witness" location since he's likely monitoring this thread closely. This is the reason why I sent you instruction to track Skype IP via PM.

Exactly what I was thinking and if this person claims they are not technical with a computer then they would likely not be using a VPN or Tor.

As for tracking an IP address through Skype, the most you are likely going to get is the last Skype server that connects to you.  It will not give you some kind of trace route.  Instead when you talk to these people in the future, send them a link to a website with a picture of Trendon.  Say something like, "can you confirm the person at this link is Trendon Shavers."  Then have the server record their external IP address.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 12:58:21 PM

Seeing as this thread seems to have become active again, and the subject of PPT operators has come up, I wondered how forum members feel about the fact that the former Payb.tc, operator of Bicoinmax.com, the largest pirateat40 passthrough, has been allowed to change his forum name to E & G, keeping his "Hero" membership and post count, and has recently become active on the forums again after some months of silence.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25846

This doesn't seem right to me on all sorts of levels.
My thougths: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129970.0

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:40:02 PM

Exactly what I was thinking and if this person claims they are not technical with a computer then they would likely not be using a VPN or Tor.

As for tracking an IP address through Skype, the most you are likely going to get is the last Skype server that connects to you.  It will not give you some kind of trace route.  Instead when you talk to these people in the future, send them a link to a website with a picture of Trendon.  Say something like, "can you confirm the person at this link is Trendon Shavers."  Then have the server record their external IP address.
Seems like video/audio call are direct connection whenever possible.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1544/is-my-call-being-relayed-in-skype-for-windows-desktop
http://www.h-online.com/security/features/How-Skype-Co-get-round-firewalls-747197.html

When debugging you can verify if "relay=0". I don't know if you can force this setting tho.

I agree your picture trick is even better.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

What i dont really understand is that it looks like millions were lost and all the people that lost money cant build a group, lay together some money and start to pay private investigators? Im sure at least thai investigators doesnt cost much money. They could visit this bar, show around the image of trendon and see if he was there. Then go into the hotels and ask if he was there. And so on. Following his trails. If he wasnt there then start in texas or where he lived before.

I mean people lost that much money and they dont even try to go after him with a bit more force? Its a bit strange for me. I mean investing 10% of the lost money again to have the chance to get your money back isnt worth the investment? Hm...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:21:09 PM

I think that was tried.

No one wants to throw away any more money then they already have.
zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:39:18 PM

i did mail the sec some time ago. but i got a reply to wait till after new year to check the regulations of my country.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 06:52:04 PM

i did mail the sec some time ago. but i got a reply to wait till after new year to check the regulations of my country.

Yes, depending on the regulations of your country the SEC may or may not allow you to participate in a US Securities investigation.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

What i dont really understand is that it looks like millions were lost and all the people that lost money cant build a group, lay together some money and start to pay private investigators? Im sure at least thai investigators doesnt cost much money. They could visit this bar, show around the image of trendon and see if he was there. Then go into the hotels and ask if he was there. And so on. Following his trails. If he wasnt there then start in texas or where he lived before.

I mean people lost that much money and they dont even try to go after him with a bit more force? Its a bit strange for me. I mean investing 10% of the lost money again to have the chance to get your money back isnt worth the investment? Hm...

Investing 10% when recovering even 50% (he has spend a lot I would guess) has a less than 1:5 chance of occurring isn't profitable. I'm still hoping someone will go after him out of spite though.

May be we should start a fund. If we all offer 50% (?) of the amount you recover for us (I don't really care how, as long as I am not accountable for w/e technique you employ) the amount should really add up and may be make it economically viable for someone to attempt to recover the funds from Trendon. This should align the incentives of the debtors and the collectors.

I am game. Other debtors want to give up 50% of w/e is recovered too? People interested in performing the collecting?
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 08:00:49 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2013, 08:19:24 PM by 01BTC10

Bounty hunters or skiptracer that travel around the world still exist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB0dO9AWb1Y

The problem in this case is that there is no garantee that Trendon Shavers has any money left and he's not convicted of any crime yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: