Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:17:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Find Trendon Shavers in person thread... [BTCST, BTS&T, pirateat40]  (Read 81229 times)
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:51:54 AM

• Imagine you had some drinks at a bar. Who the heck writes then in almost perfectly spelled English after some drinks (or did he enjoy only non-alcoholic beers Roll Eyes )?
C'mon, this is dumb. Who loses their ability to spell after a few beers? I certainly don't and neither does anyone else that I know. I think it would take a pretty serious bout of drinking to damage spelling for most people. You'd need to be completely wasted.

You can think it is dumb, I think it is reasonable. You can not deny the effect of alcohol on your preciseness, etc.. 
If this was a email conversation, ok, then I could say he used spell correction or read his written text again - but this was a chat where you do write quite fast.

I have my doubts, given that it was at night at 4:20 AM and he came from a bar... fits more towards 3:20 PM in Texas...  Lips sealed 

FWIW:

I write some of my best stuff after a few drinks. Also, I can see the authenticity of the story going both ways.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:59:46 AM

The next day The Bangkok guy pings me again.

[10/26/2012 11:28:04 AM] BangkokGuy: Buddy!

Call Goat and his ninjas!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 01:52:49 PM

I think one thing that we must remember is that people of Tendon's personality type will inject themselves into the action, almost pathologically.  Remember after BTCST fell and how he strung everyone along on IRC?

While it is certainly possible that allot this is true, we must realize that it is highly unlikely.

Some guy in a random Thai bar meets Trendon.

This guy cares enough to google his name.

He finds bitcoin talk (which he refers to as'the forum', odd in itself).

He then apparently reads all/most of the pirate threads (gee, who does that sound like?).

Finds BCB's info and tracks him down, rather than registering a forum account.

Then agrees to become spy, even though any logical person who heard about amounts that big should/would wonder to what lengths all parties would go to.  Why risk your life for this random thing?

Not to mention it reeks of Trendon trying to tell us how he is spending his ill gotten gains, or at least how he wants us to think he is spending them.

Just doesn't add up for me.  In fact, given the timing, he may have even been hoping that the community would turn (more) against goat.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:20:11 PM

So I was in American East Coast Time (UTC/GMT -5 hours).   The BangkokGuy was in Thailand  (UTC/GMT +7 hours).

Those time stamps in the chat logs are USA EST. (UTC/GMT -5 hours)

Accounting for Daylight savings time, did  anyone confirm if the actual Bangkok times jive with the guys story.  Or as some mention do they jive with McKinney Texas times.  

Remember, someone with access to Trendon Shavers pirateat40 Bitcointalk.org nic logged into his account around that same time as well.
Jakers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:13:24 PM

How much was scammed? If you can get his IP from anywhere, you'll probably have enough information to track him down via the local police station and his local ISP.

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 08:03:49 PM

If it really would be useless to get the hands on that guy then this thread and all the efforts wouldnt make much sense. He scammed and that it involves bitcoins doesnt change this. The thing is that bitcoins has a value. It doesnt matter that its not a government backed currency. The value is created from the people giving the bitcoins a value. Thats no other than having a picture of art. Take a Rembrandt and its only a piece of cloth, maybe a bit wood. Thats all. So if the pessimists are right you could steal a Rembrandt and the police wont do anything. But its not this way because everyone knows that its worth much money.

Its nothing other with bitcoins. You only have to tell the police that he stole investments in form of $2 Million and they have to work on it. Its real value inside.

I only know, if i would lose so much money i would fight. Even when i would lose more than before. Only to bring justice to the scammer.

And why shouldnt there be any more money? Where should he have spent it? He most probably wont buy a house and so on and live happy till death. Too risky. And if its correct that he runs around with wrong passport then each police has a reason to bring him down. I think even some bad guys or mafia could be interested to get him. I mean nowadays you get some thousand usd only for a bank raid. But this guy has nearly $2 Million USD. And you only need to find him and torture him to get the money. So... how likely will it be that some bad guys think there waits easy money?

I dont understand why you guys dont fight. Tell the police how much usd you invested into him. The form is secondary. And when the ppt-provider wont work with you then sue them. I mean enough time went through to lose patience.

In fact i dont believe that only because bitcoins are involved nothing will happen. Thats stupid to believe because value to any thing is only a thing of believe. The believe of people. It simply cant matter when bitcoins are involved. Its the value that matters.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:34:06 PM

In fact i dont believe that only because bitcoins are involved nothing will happen. Thats stupid to believe because value to any thing is only a thing of believe. The believe of people. It simply cant matter when bitcoins are involved. Its the value that matters.

As far as I see it, nothing will happen because the only people still trying to find him are those who weren't involved with him in the first place. Pretty much everyone else moved on.
PPT-PR

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:49:28 PM

If you lose a ton of money to a con man and you believe that by spending more (lawyers, investigators, time, etc.) you have a fair chance of getting more than the additional amount back from the con man, then you do it.

However, if you believe the chance of getting anything back is almost zero then you do not spend the additional resources.

It is as simple as that.

Can anyone see a clear path to get anything back from him? 

Take as an example the supposed safety deposit box.  Assume you somehow do get the authorities to act and confiscate it.  We do not get it back.  It is confiscated and then maybe, someday, way out in the future, you might see a small portion of it returned to you - a very big maybe.

I personally and we (the PPT operators) collectively have lost a fortune to this guy, would like to get it back, but so far we see no way to get any of it back.
Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:15:44 PM

As a scammed investor, I would like to clarify some things.

I've done my part, I have been interviewed by the SEC and I'm listed as a witness. I'm sure many other have done the same thing, the SEC folder is a lot bigger now. But hey, I can't do the SEC job myself, and I'm not going to start some shady attempts to get my money back "faster".

Consider that the total amount is made of small amounts of many people. Nobody lost 2 million alone. Also, the 2 millions is inflated because the BTC value has went up. The Bitcoins I've lost, I got them at a price of 2$ to 6$, not at 13.50$. Trendon is lucky now, since the price is almost 5 times higher than when he started his scam last year. But the price could also be 5 times lower where he could be stuck with a ton of worthless coin and nobody to sell to.

I, like many other, have other projects to work on. Projects that could give me more money than the bunch that have been stolen, because I didn't blew up my relationship network like the scammer did. I don't have the skills and the tools to investigate and find back this scammer, so I think giving my full contribution to those investigating this case is better.

I also consider my money as lost. Because in the situation where they find him and get the money and everything.....how the hell are they going to distribute it back to people? What was real BTC and what was false interests? I'm not interested in being part of the greedy bunch who fight and sue each other to get a little slice of it. If they get the money back, they should simply give it to charity. I'm pretty sure that charities are going to use this money a lot better than all those wannabe investors Wink
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 10:33:24 PM

[1/8/2013 11:28:04 PM] BangkokGuy: Quick update. Just overheard Trendon talking with some drunk at the bar.
[1/8/2013 11:28:05 PM] BangkokGuy: I think he just bought some mining rig company. Assec mining, or something like that.
[1/8/2013 11:28:06 PM] BangkokGuy: Will have more to report as soon as drunkass leaves.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:55:21 PM

[1/8/2013 11:28:04 PM] BangkokGuy: Quick update. Just overheard Trendon talking with some drunk at the bar.
[1/8/2013 11:28:05 PM] BangkokGuy: I think he just bought some mining rig company. Assec mining, or something like that.
[1/8/2013 11:28:06 PM] BangkokGuy: Will have more to report as soon as drunkass leaves.

Stop! PG

You already have your 10K posts!
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 11:14:40 PM

I dont like the idea that he starts to earn money from investing in asicminer. But anyway... i didnt lost anything to him and the ones that lost look like they lost their will to fight. So whatever.

At least i think Trendon wont have the good life he thought he will have. And if its true how he live it can be that someday he is dead on drugs. Hell, when he shows his polish coupons to everyone thats enough for many people to kill someone. What a guy if he really behaves that way.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:22:42 PM

I dont like the idea that he starts to earn money from investing in asicminer. But anyway... i didnt lost anything to him and the ones that lost look like they lost their will to fight. So whatever.

Phin's post was a joke.  It's not a real chat log.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PPT-PR

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:29:28 PM

Phin's post was a joke.  It's not a real chat log.
I think the joke was more a reference to the fact that Tom/Cablepair/bASIC supposedly sold his ASIC company today to a yet to be identified "Asian company".
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:30:45 PM

I think the joke was more a reference to the fact that Tom/Cablepair/bASIC supposedly sold his ASIC company today to a yet to be identified "Asian company".

Yeah, it was.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 02:56:39 AM

Yeah, it was.

Yeah, it was. Sorry, BCB.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 05:04:40 AM

Over my head.  I hadn't heard that.

No Problem Phinn.
PPT-PR

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 07:44:32 AM

Trendon, is this one of the threads you monitor when you log in you fucking asshole?

Code:
Name:             pirateat40
Custom Title:     Avast Ye!
Position:         SCAMMER
Date Registered:  July 25, 2011, 09:15:00 PM
Last Active:      January 17, 2013, 06:40:18 PM

Post some shit the next time you log in you yellow coward.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 12:43:48 PM

Word on the street is that it is from a mickiney IP too.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:04:58 PM

bumpedypump..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: