Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1]  (Read 155272 times)
thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:53:32 AM

Question:

Does your team [Avalon] currently possess a prototype that is currently functional at this time? (not a simulation, but a working prototype?)

Second Follow up Question:

If so, does the device work as expected? Are there any known flaws or issues with the underlying hardware at this time?

+1

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 11:18:04 AM

They just stated that the demo unit will be ready around new year. It seems they're doing a shared wafer run (hence the small number of chips/batch). This is the cheapest and only way of creating a working ASIC prototype and also the right thing to do in general. Looking good for team Avalon. If they get it right on their first try, I doubt they'll be missing deadlines. If not, at least they haven't burned shitloads of money on a garbage mask-set.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:42:49 AM

I wish them well, as I too would like to see them be the first out the door with ASICs.

Still, I wonder if they have a working prototype at this point. I understand their want for secrecy. I just want to know how far they have advanced to date. A working prototype is a very good sign.
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:53:47 PM

I think the demonstration event has been mentioned at the first (around late Sep. ?). but please let Yifu to re-explain it later, he is at the meeting in Macau.

and all I can say is our project is going well.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 06:58:06 PM

and all I can say is our project is going well.

Good to hear. Team China FTW  Cheesy

BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:15:06 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 03:25:55 PM by BitSyncom

I think the demonstration event has been mentioned at the first (around late Sep. ?). but please let Yifu to re-explain it later, he is at the meeting in Macau

(in order from left to right, and bottom to top) Ira from BitInstant, Thomas from NEFT vodka, Roger from memeorydealers, Eric from BitInstant, Kelvin from http://bitcoins.co.kr/, ME, and Charlie from Bitinstant and Bill from Calvin Ayre.

Back to work mode after Dec 2nd. Yes, everything is going smoothly

Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:22:51 PM

How many clock buffers does the avalon have? Will if have more than BFL? Can you upgrade our clock buffer count so we can be more competitive?

Cheesy
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:17:53 PM

... Can you upgrade our clock buffer count so we can be more competitive?
And that must be in software side of things of course Wink
Just add a scroll list in software somwhere. "Clock buffers: 1,2,4,8,16...2^xxyy"

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 03:45:51 AM

Seriously NO ONE goes to Macau for a business meeting, other than the wrong sort of people.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 04:14:16 AM

I think the demonstration event has been mentioned at the first (around late Sep. ?). but please let Yifu to re-explain it later, he is at the meeting in Macau

Which one is you?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 06:03:12 AM

Which one is you?
Better question:

Who is each individual at the table? What do they each do for Avalon?
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 06:41:51 AM

easy!
they are just eating our pre orders!  Grin
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 08:30:32 AM

easy!

Grin
Absolutely not. Yifu attend a meeting in Macau these days, about BTC environment and economy, no direct relation with Avalon project.

when he is having a big dinner on that table,  Avalon team is at Beijing, China, working hard and eating instant noodles.  Sad
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 08:33:47 AM

easy!

Grin
Absolutely not. Yifu attend a meeting in Macau these days, about BTC environment and economy, no direct relation with Avalon project.

when he is having a big dinner on that table,  Avalon team is at Beijing, China, working hard and eating instant noodles.  Sad

We know:)

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 11:18:03 AM

Seriously NO ONE goes to Macau for a business meeting, other than the wrong sort of people.

I suppose by your cynic logic, and prejudice attitude (in order from left to right, and bottom to top) Ira from BitInstant, Thomas from NEFT vodka, Roger from memeorydealers, Eric from BitInstant, Kelvin from http://bitcoins.co.kr/, ME, and Charlie from Bitinstant is the wrong sort of people.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 11:50:31 AM

@ Bitsyncom (Yifu G.)

Thank you for identifying the individuals in the picture.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 11:54:59 AM

Question:

Will the Avalon Devices meet basic FCC requirements? (or any other European/Eurasian required certifications in various nations)

I ask just to be sure there won't be any import/certified issues.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 12:52:25 PM

I suppose by your cynic logic, and prejudice attitude (in order from left to right, and bottom to top) Ira from BitInstant, Thomas from NEFT vodka, Roger from memeorydealers, Eric from BitInstant, Kelvin from http://bitcoins.co.kr/, ME, and Charlie from Bitinstant is the wrong sort of people.

Hmmm..... I think doing business in this region for over 25 years, gives me just a little perspective on the business practices of the Pearl Delta.
But perhaps brush up a little 武經七書... because I got what I needed faster than I expected.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:24:23 PM

Hmmm..... I think doing business in this region for over 25 years, gives me just a little perspective on the business practices of the Pearl Delta.
But perhaps brush up a little 武經七書... because I got what I needed faster than I expected.

I think you have no sense of humility after doing business for 25 years in these regions that you lost the ability to talk to another person like a regular human being. I had no intention to hide who these people were, I simply uploaded the picture from my phone on-the-go and now had the chance to do a proper follow up, not to mention many of these faces are not new and often seen in public involving bitcoin.

It would be much appreciated in the future, especially when directing questions at me. Brush up on how to be a gentleman, remove any trace of prejudice and cynicism you have obtained from a past that has nothing to do with me.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:39:03 PM

Hey guys, generation and culture conflict maybe...

I think the new generation entrepreneurs should be able to make their own mistakes Grin

btw nice pic thanks !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: