Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1]  (Read 155269 times)
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 02:41:08 PM

Enough profit so that even at 400watts they will be able to pay off the year of electricity use in less than a day. Thats IF, it stays at 400watts by the next update. Which should be soon I hope.
Dream on, you'll need a 60w unit to achieve that, but it would happen in half a day.
For a 400w Avalon, at $0.10 a kwh that's 9.6kw a day = $0.96 x 365 = $350.40 a year.
So not even at today's difficulty "they will be able to pay off the year of electricity use in less than a day". More like 3 days, IF you strike blocks as any mining calculator suggests. Which no-one will.
At 4x difficulty that's 11 days for the power (at $0.10/kwh) and 40 weeks for the device. If the difficulty stays a 4x, which it won't.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 03:06:36 PM

Enough profit so that even at 400watts they will be able to pay off the year of electricity use in less than a day. Thats IF, it stays at 400watts by the next update. Which should be soon I hope.
Dream on, you'll need a 60w unit to achieve that, but it would happen in half a day.
For a 400w Avalon, at $0.10 a kwh that's 9.6kw a day = $0.96 x 365 = $350.40 a year.
So not even at today's difficulty "they will be able to pay off the year of electricity use in less than a day". More like 3 days, IF you strike blocks as any mining calculator suggests. Which no-one will.
At 4x difficulty that's 11 days for the power (at $0.10/kwh) and 40 weeks for the device. If the difficulty stays a 4x, which it won't.
I stand corrected! It's actually 3 Days. Wink
thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 04:16:08 PM

Hello

Like some of you i`m waiting for my Avalon miners to arrive faster.

I just do not want to read thousand's of treads and pages about something that is not related with the product.

Can you please only use this for Avalon update.

Regards,

Thorvald

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:08:20 PM

Good luck with that, even the moderator can't.

Doesn't Avalon have their own forum site, like the other vendors?  You might have better luck there.

I can't remember the site offhand...

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:31:48 PM

Doesn't Avalon have their own forum site, like the other vendors?  You might have better luck there.

I think they use actual means of communication for official updates. I remember seeing some emails come through at some point...
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:36:51 PM

I think they use actual means of communication for official updates. I remember seeing some emails come through at some point...

My official emails from them always went into my spam folder and you need a lousy rep for that to happen.
Not being able to change my delivery addy on their order website modified my decision to order. So it was canceled.
I guess using their website to run a blog is difficult.... Heck, even a text file.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:11:10 AM

I guess someone got the last laugh....

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/11120-intratech-asic-miner-aerius-x1-35-gh-s
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 12:26:09 AM

Heh, weird. The board and the coolers seem like BFL.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 12:37:54 AM

Heh, weird. The board and the coolers seem like BFL.

it is a SCAM...........
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60586.msg839374#msg839374

Those are pictures of the Bitforce single.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 01:16:15 AM

Found it:

http://forum.bitsyn.com/

Not much activity tho.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:01:27 AM

That wasn't obvious when you first clicked on it?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:22:27 AM

Avalon still on schedule for Jan 14?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:12:13 AM

yep Cheesy

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:13:00 AM

yep Cheesy

that means some are already done

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:55:55 AM

yep Cheesy
When does the next update happen? (The one refering to the actual hardware of Avalon?)

And

Any comments on BFL's latest rants about your hardware?

Are you the turtle and are they the hare?
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 05:40:14 AM

Found it:

http://forum.bitsyn.com/

Not much activity tho.

Still as I mentioned before, currently doing website overhaul, but understandably with the recent developments ( ASICs aside ), the mere website has been put into the back burner, but I am drafting up news letters for people with the next round of hardware updates, in addition with the recent paperwork update I gave out.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 10:55:22 AM

And yet another series of dismissive comments from a BFL rep (on the topic of Avalon):

Quote from: BFL_Josh;7581
I was suppose to get more info yesterday (Friday) but the liason had nothing for me at COB, so it should be Monday that I have the confirmation from the fab... I am equally tired of the confirmation being pushed back as everyone else, believe me.  Regardless, to answer your question(s), I would not say your estimate is accurate.  We are still scheduled to ship prior to Avalons tentative shipping date as of right now.  Although the more I look at the documents Avalon provided and other information out there, I think they may be optimistic... but time will tell there.

Keep in mind that just because I don't have positive confirmation with regards to the date from the fab, it doesn't mean things aren't moving along there... it just means I haven't gotten positive confirmation from the people who have the final say in what the date will be.  The engineers run on a different schedule than bureaucracy, unfortunately (or fortunately).  I posted that other thread in lieu of a BFL update until I have something concrete to offer... ugh, I have a giant pack of information I want to spill, but I'm really hesitant to spill it right now, because if anything changes I catch seven kinds of hell!  Until everything is finalized and in the pipe, I don't want to put it out there and have to retract it later.

There's going to be lots of juicy information that will affect a lot of people for the better.

I promise I'm not pulling a Tom here and saying there's lots of good information coming soon and then never delivering - I will deliver on it.  There are definitely no 11th hour rugs being pulled out from under anyone without explanation either.

"Earliest date to expect delivery January 25th?"

Link: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/511-earliest-date-expect-delivery-january-25th.html#post7581
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:59:01 PM

BFL_Josh might just as well have said...yeah we expect Avalon to be first and eat our appetizer, though we're still on track to have a portion of our own lunch at some point. Cool

BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:09:49 PM

Ahaha, so now us, Avalon are the optimistic ones? I'll address BFL later, but I'm worried about bASIC now.

tom made an interesting response here: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=214.msg1478#msg1478

In response, I think Avalon means well. I do however find it interesting that they posted this in the bitcointalk forum under a basically anonymous moniker. I know some people involved with Avalon - although maybe only casually they know who I am and how to get a hold of me, it's obvious they used this generic account to post this and frankly it seems a little unprofessional maybe even a bit cowardly to post this based on partial and incomplete information - I guess I just I wish they had contacted me first and asked some questions before coming to these incorrect conclusions.

I do not see any area where they have been more transparent or released any more information than we have, there's bad things I could say to them but I don't think that's the right way to do business and I really dont have time for it. I just feel this post is unfair and It was posted from a generic account for a reason.

Currently we are doing all the right things behind the scenes right now and I think when you look at us and the competition in a months time - our customers will be glad they chose BTCFPGA/BitcoinASIC as their Bitcoin mining hardware provider.

Other than that I wish Avalon, BFL and anyone else attempting to bring to market an ASIC product, in this very challenging and demanding industry.

Since when I am a moniker? the BitSyncom name has been around the Bitcoin scene early as April 2011, many public face in the Bitcoin world can vouch, in additional to my name being Yifu G. It also has been in the signature since I started posting for Avalon ASIC, there are only 2 people represent the Avalon Project in public, one is Me, another is ngzhang. Neither of us know you. So, tell me who are these people involved with Avalon you know? This could pose a big problem.

Such as there are people pretending to be working on the Avalon project, and I can't begin the image the potential damage this could cause for the both projects. Either that or bASIC is lying, I'd like some names if possible.

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:35:57 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2012, 03:58:10 PM by Bogart

I'll address BFL later, but I'm worried about bASIC now.

tom made an interesting response here: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=214.msg1478#msg1478

In response, I think Avalon means well. I do however find it interesting that they posted this in the bitcointalk forum under a basically anonymous moniker. I know some people involved with Avalon - although maybe only casually they know who I am and how to get a hold of me, it's obvious they used this generic account to post this and frankly it seems a little unprofessional maybe even a bit cowardly to post this based on partial and incomplete information - I guess I just I wish they had contacted me first and asked some questions before coming to these incorrect conclusions.

I do not see any area where they have been more transparent or released any more information than we have, there's bad things I could say to them but I don't think that's the right way to do business and I really dont have time for it. I just feel this post is unfair and It was posted from a generic account for a reason.

Currently we are doing all the right things behind the scenes right now and I think when you look at us and the competition in a months time - our customers will be glad they chose BTCFPGA/BitcoinASIC as their Bitcoin mining hardware provider.

Other than that I wish Avalon, BFL and anyone else attempting to bring to market an ASIC product, in this very challenging and demanding industry.

I'm surprised he responded at all.

It's too bad the response has no substance.  It pretty much just calls Avalon a bunch of meanies, and says nothing at all about the bASIC (or Avalon) products.

I want to see them succeed (I have orders with bASIC as well as with Avalon), but I have to agree that things look really bad over there right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: