Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:35:19 PM

What's up with the Big Deal? There was so much urgency for the community to raise the funds by a certain date then we hear absolutely nothing. If it's some bullshit thing, I would like my Iota back, I can put it to better use.
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:14:04 PM

What's up with the Big Deal? There was so much urgency for the community to raise the funds by a certain date then we hear absolutely nothing. If it's some bullshit thing, I would like my Iota back, I can put it to better use.

Foundation and Big deal is going exactly as we said it would, but unlike the cryptorealm where people can hype random ideas, in the *real world* you need to go through all the appropriate procedures. As mentioned previously we will not disclose: "This is one of the 'Big Deal' buyers", due in large part to the inexperienced and immature response from several community members which we had to shuffle through in that process, which turned a lot of these people off a portion of this community (the same portion that I have lambasted daily for incompetence and pure greed the past 12 months).

We - the IOTA project - have already made you a tremendous profit, so far I have not seen you deliver anything, all you've done so far as far as I can tell is make money from our work. 'If its some bullshit thing', you were just added to the list of people who will be excluded from the next public opportunity tied to this project.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:18:34 PM

the next public opportunity tied to this project.
You have piqued my interest there  Smiley
zanzibar

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:27:41 PM

Foundation and Big deal is going exactly as we said it would, but unlike the cryptorealm where people can hype random ideas, in the *real world* you need to go through all the appropriate procedures. As mentioned previously we will not disclose: "This is one of the 'Big Deal' buyers", due in large part to the inexperienced and immature response from several community members which we had to shuffle through in that process, which turned a lot of these people off a portion of this community (the same portion that I have lambasted daily for incompetence and pure greed the past 12 months).

We - the IOTA project - have already made you a tremendous profit, so far I have not seen you deliver anything, all you've done so far as far as I can tell is make money from our work. 'If its some bullshit thing', you were just added to the list of people who will be excluded from the next public opportunity tied to this project.

All of the Iota I have sold has gone to furthering Iota adoption, if you had any idea who I've sold to, but of course you just assume that everyone is a troll and you don't owe anyone anything. You said we would have more info on the Big Deal, you pressed the community with urgency and FOMO, and then we hear nothing. You need to communicate more effectively. I know your not about hype, you're worse, you're all about doom. "If we don't reach Big Deal goals, this project is over, it's finished, community has failed" and then when we reach the Foundation goal, or Big Deal goal, we never hear "Great work community, here is what we are doing" We just hear nothing.
iotatoken

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:35:12 PM

All of the Iota I have sold has gone to furthering Iota adoption, if you had any idea who I've sold to, but of course you just assume that everyone is a troll and you don't owe anyone anything. You said we would have more info on the Big Deal, you pressed the community with urgency and FOMO, and then we hear nothing. You need to communicate more effectively. I know your not about hype, you're worse, you're all about doom. "If we don't reach Big Deal goals, this project is over, it's finished, community has failed" and then when we reach the Foundation goal, or Big Deal goal, we never hear "Great work community, here is what we are doing" We just hear nothing.

Prove it. Prove that you have actually sold to anyone 'strategic'. Pressured the community? We spoke the simple truth: either the community makes some strategic decisions or it has to accept the consequences of not doing it. Do you honestly believe that we are some kind of wizards that can just make things happen out of nowhere? People like you make tons of money of other people's work day in and day out while at the same time whining about stuff you have absolutely no insight into because all you pay attention to is your wallet. I am not here to hold your hand and make you rich, I'm here to change the face of IoT and Distributed Ledger technology, that is what this project is all about, not your feelings. I never ever ever said 'If we don't reach Big Deal the project is finished', I said that the door to China would be closing. You must have zero experience in the real business world if you honestly think that one can just magic things into existence, the irony here is that you yourself claim that you haven't sold for profit, but for strategic reasons, yet you don't understand the strategic reasoning behind 'Big Deal'.

Until you prove that you have contributed ANYTHING to this project in the last months I will ignore you.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:05:04 PM

i can confirm!!
iotatoken

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:28:26 PM

i can confirm!!

How can you confirm? Are these developers working on IOTA projects? Otherwise all you are confirming is that he sold to someone, which is exactly what I said he's doing: profiting on our work without doing shit himself.

zanzibar

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:42:38 PM

Prove it. Prove that you have actually sold to anyone 'strategic'. Pressured the community? We spoke the simple truth: either the community makes some strategic decisions or it has to accept the consequences of not doing it. Do you honestly believe that we are some kind of wizards that can just make things happen out of nowhere? People like you make tons of money of other people's work day in and day out while at the same time whining about stuff you have absolutely no insight into because all you pay attention to is your wallet. I am not here to hold your hand and make you rich, I'm here to change the face of IoT and Distributed Ledger technology, that is what this project is all about, not your feelings. I never ever ever said 'If we don't reach Big Deal the project is finished', I said that the door to China would be closing. You must have zero experience in the real business world if you honestly think that one can just magic things into existence, the irony here is that you yourself claim that you haven't sold for profit, but for strategic reasons, yet you don't understand the strategic reasoning behind 'Big Deal'.

Until you prove that you have contributed ANYTHING to this project in the last months I will ignore you.

Sure, do you want me to post their names and contact info here? Why don't you post the Big Deal details here? Oh yeah, no hype. I run a profitable SV tech company with $10mil annual revenue and 20 employees, I built from nothing, not even 1 dime of funding, I know far more than you do about everything tech and business related, even crypto. I remember you fumbling around Nxt as Uniquorn, I've been in BTC since 2010. Do you even have education? Where have you worked prior to Iota? Since you seem to assume a lot about me from my postings I would like to know more about you. You need to keep calm when people ask you tough questions David, people donated equivalent of 650BTC to Big Deal, they deserve answers without insults and bullshit. If you are going to bring Iota into the real world, you'll need to be prepared for much worse. Stop acting like the Iota community is indebted to you, they took a risk and invested in your project, you should be grateful/humble for that.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:43:57 PM

How can you confirm? Are these developers working on IOTA projects? Otherwise all you are confirming is that he sold to someone, which is exactly what I said he's doing: profiting on our work without doing shit himself.
Better ask him, i am just esrow service!! Smiley
iotatoken

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:07:21 PM

Sure, do you want me to post their names and contact info here? Why don't you post the Big Deal details here? Oh yeah, no hype. I run a profitable SV tech company with $10mil annual revenue and 20 employees, I built from nothing, not even 1 dime of funding, I know far more than you do about everything tech and business related, even crypto.

Prove it. This is the single thing I have requested from guys such as yourself since November of last year, so if you have genuinely done so I will be very happy.

Since you seem to assume a lot about me from my postings I would like to know more about you. You need to keep calm when people ask you tough questions David, people donated equivalent of 650BTC to Big Deal, they deserve answers without insults and bullshit.

Tough question? You didn't ask a tough question, I responded to the exact question you posed. Stop acting like an idiot. I don't assume, I specifically said: "AS FAR AS I CAN TELL" and then requested more info, can you not even read? I will not engage conversation with an immature person who is only capable of debating strawmen. I am 100% calm, but I will always speak my mind.  Based on the empirical data available I do indeed have more experience with this than you. As for the stupid argument "People donated equivalent of 650 BTC to Big Deal", you got to be joking. Those tokens were only worth that due to the extra work (outside of the code people bought) WE have done. I will not be grateful to people for simply paying for the work being done. No where in the world have I ever seen more delusional greed that in the cryptosphere, you can make people millionaires and they will still assume you should be grateful to them. Haha pathetic.

If you are going to bring Iota into the real world, you'll need to be prepared for much worse. Stop acting like the Iota community is indebted to you, they took a risk and invested in your project, you should be grateful/humble for that.

We are bringing IOTA into the real world right now and have been since last year, but yes I do indeed consider the people we are making rich indebted to the project itself based on the ADDITIONAL work we do. People paid for software, we have delivered software. That is a simple customer purchase, not some big leap of faith, we didn't raise funds from the community because we needed it, we did it because we wanted IOTA to be grassroots. We could've easily just raised millions of dollars in the form of a company instead, so never for one moment think you made something possible by depositing some bitcoins in an account. We are grateful and happy for the ones that have ACTUALLY supported the project.

But yea, until you prove that you are not just another greedy idiot with an entitlement syndrome you are not worthy of my time.

charvesp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:42:01 PM

How did you think you'd get reacted to when you ask if its some bullshit thing? Really? Really? And asking for it back, really? Really?
Maybe you sold to guys good for iota maybe not. But regardless, the way you brought up this big deal inquiry was just retarded and trollish even if you aren't one.
You really couldn't have asked it in a better way? You're trying to help iota and your investment. Is being antagonistic to David really the smart way to go?

We all are in this together. If you're helping iota, great keep at it. If you want hard answers about the big deal bullying your way is not going to work.
And if you don't like David's "secretive" answers then tough. Thats what we signed up for. Being an ass never works.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:26:51 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 08:42:40 PM by 50cent_rapper

I want to support the point of view of David.

From what I read from NXT forum, they (CfB & David) been in the realm of interest of VC-s from the times of JINN (2014). Thus, they can just sell 20% of equity, take $$$ and make IOTA project without us - community. No one will make any profits.

Yes, David do not disclosure information. But show me the project with such potential as IOTA has. Show me.

----------

And I want to add that this blockchain hype won't last forever. Corporations will tired of it in 2018. All that NASDAQ, R3 banks - they ALREADY have their own blockchain solutions. And think if SEQ will regulate ICO-s ?

I feel that the window of opportunity will be closed soon.
John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:12:54 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 09:52:02 PM by John_Paul

In your own business, will you reveal the details of deals and your clients names before you close the deals? For some deals, you won't even reveal the details and names even after the closure of the deals.

I am a foundation and big deal donor too. I am ok with how the foundation handles the big deals donation and the communication so far. So please don't represent the community and only speak for yourself every time when you speak.

You have made 20x+ profit. That alone has disqualified all your criticism to David and the team. Can a bad team make you 20x+ profit if you are not a god? No. it is a super good team including all its members in any measure if it makes you 20x+ profit. So just be grateful. If you wants more, you have to put some work on it. For instance, building an app on iota, finding a company to build an app on iota, sponsoring a project or some devs,  going to a conference, writing something about iota, and so on, instead of criticizing and demanding.
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 11:40:26 PM

funny question:

why not earning money on your work?
could swear, you was open and public to all with ur ideas and plans. Even an ICO is finished. So, why blaming him for his big profits? Its not your strategic work, to sort out the right  price for investors. Its a deal between supply and demand.
Its in the end not a problem, if all do their work. You prove us for sure a BIG DEAL, and I know, you are hard working. I respect really your work. Very dilligent.

But even the biggest gambler is a piece of the whole system. If the incoming IOTA ecosystem couldnt be big enough to handle that, so it would be damn hard to survive on the "sharkybay"!

Just my 2 cents. Dont waste the time for finding the right price on markets!

Greetz
Steve

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:12:33 AM

* Starts polishing his banhammer *
zanzibar

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:07:33 PM

* Starts polishing his banhammer *

You can delete my posts, they aren't very relevant to Iota tech discussion anyway, just venting frustration.
trolleroo

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:16:30 PM

let's wait and see if all this arrogance will be justified...
trolleroo

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:24:14 PM

funny question:

why not earning money on your work?
could swear, you was open and public to all with ur ideas and plans. Even an ICO is finished. So, why blaming him for his big profits? Its not your strategic work, to sort out the right  price for investors. Its a deal between supply and demand.
Its in the end not a problem, if all do their work. You prove us for sure a BIG DEAL, and I know, you are hard working. I respect really your work. Very dilligent.

But even the biggest gambler is a piece of the whole system. If the incoming IOTA ecosystem couldnt be big enough to handle that, so it would be damn hard to survive on the "sharkybay"!

Just my 2 cents. Dont waste the time for finding the right price on markets!

Greetz
Steve

funny question: the last thing I heard, the community was asket to hype this project... but still, speculators are told to fuck off...
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:44:53 PM

You can delete my posts, they aren't very relevant to Iota tech discussion anyway, just venting frustration.

Nay, that was just a hint that dick measurement contest is not welcome in this thread.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:16:28 PM

funny question: the last thing I heard, the community was asket to hype this project... but still, speculators are told to fuck off...

Let's wait for an official annoncment about the date when IOTA will reach exchanges.
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: