Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 07:34:12 PM

I want this oldisoft guy as propaganda-minister Smiley !!!
I always thought you are already part of the staff. If there is a way to vote for you, you have my voice Smiley

I guess, if the funding is done and agreed on, we need a poll^^

Thank You Guys,for Your support! ^^^

Have a nice weekend! I was and could be Fresh news brinker) , like good Company, Sorry, ))) Communuty Manager!

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 12:10:34 AM

I've tried to claim a few times and not succeeded yet. I find it very awkward trying to use nostalgia and because I'm not competent I'm concerned about making mistakes and I don't want to 'just try it and see'.

As i understand it only about 30% of holders have claimed in the new process so I'm not alone.

We need the light wallet and easier claiming process along with exchange launch asap if we want to build a community, stimulate activity, spark interest, improve distribution and make the whole crypto community generally aware of IOTA.

Just because those of you that have claimed found it easy does not mean those of us who have failed have the time to keep trying and fix whatever peculiar issues we encountered. It should not be less of a priority just because those more actively involved have managed it. The majority of us still need a simplified version before we can do anything with our coins.

You say we bought a piece of software and nothing more. Well then, as responsible vendors of code you have a duty to make sure your customers are easily able to access the thing they purchased. Since the majority have still not managed it and cannot access their assets I think it is fair to say you will not have discharged your obligation until that majority has been catered for.

Please make the light wallet and a simplified claim process more of a priority. We bought what we thought were liquid assets over a year ago, it is getting very frustrating waiting and it is hard to maintain enthusiasm while things feel stale.

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:17:18 AM

I've tried to claim a few times and not succeeded yet. I find it very awkward trying to use nostalgia and because I'm not competent I'm concerned about making mistakes and I don't want to 'just try it and see'.

As i understand it only about 30% of holders have claimed in the new process so I'm not alone.

We need the light wallet and easier claiming process along with exchange launch asap if we want to build a community, stimulate activity, spark interest, improve distribution and make the whole crypto community generally aware of IOTA.

Just because those of you that have claimed found it easy does not mean those of us who have failed have the time to keep trying and fix whatever peculiar issues we encountered. It should not be less of a priority just because those more actively involved have managed it. The majority of us still need a simplified version before we can do anything with our coins.

You say we bought a piece of software and nothing more. Well then, as responsible vendors of code you have a duty to make sure your customers are easily able to access the thing they purchased. Since the majority have still not managed it and cannot access their assets I think it is fair to say you will not have discharged your obligation until that majority has been catered for.

Please make the light wallet and a simplified claim process more of a priority. We bought what we thought were liquid assets over a year ago, it is getting very frustrating waiting and it is hard to maintain enthusiasm while things feel stale.

Tell me what service.iotatoken.com tells you, via PM, I can send the claiming message for you.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:40:43 AM

People like you will never cease to amaze me, GUI was never even remotely part of the software we sold. "We bought what we thought were liquid assets" even though we specified that IOTA was software and NOT assets/investment/shares/anything equivalent? Even though we bluntly told speculators to literally FUCK OFF?

Explain yourself, what have you done for the IOTA ecosystem? Let me guess: nada.

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:01:44 AM

People like you will never cease to amaze me, GUI was never even remotely part of the software we sold. "We bought what we thought were liquid assets" even though we specified that IOTA was software and NOT assets/investment/shares/anything equivalent? Even though we bluntly told speculators to literally FUCK OFF?

Explain yourself, what have you done for the IOTA ecosystem? Let me guess: nada.

What have you done for the Iota ecosystem? Explain yourself. I'd like to see a list. What exchanges accept Iota, what companies use Iota, what People even use Iota?  Let me guess: nada
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:23:47 AM

What have you done for the Iota ecosystem? Explain yourself. I'd like to see a list. What exchanges accept Iota, what companies use Iota, what People even use Iota?  Let me guess: nada

I'm not counting your money. But does the ROI from David's work is enouth you to buy BMW ?
laugh2btc

Activity: 531

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:31:30 AM

I'm not counting your money. But does the ROI from David's work is enouth you to buy BMW ?

With more than 30 TI?  I would say more than 1. So i don´t know why zanzibar is pissed off. You should be happy! Because of a bad year i was able to spent whole 40$ in this project. My plan was to invest few btc but needed the money. So i would be more than happy to have zanzibars problems  Undecided  (I also was few months too late for NXT and NEM. And you are complaining, zanzibar....)
But i have to say iota needs another "communitymanager" than iotatoken. Even he´s right in (some points) his behaviour is disgusting.

Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:44:45 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2016, 09:57:45 AM by Jabbawa

What have you done for the Iota ecosystem? Explain yourself. I'd like to see a list. What exchanges accept Iota, what companies use Iota, what People even use Iota?  Let me guess: nada

Quite right Zanzibar!!!

IOTA has done nothing but waste A LOT of my time so far. I have not made a penny of profit, I cannot access my coins and I have donated 20% of them to help provide resources to the project, then I'm told to FUCK OFF when I ask about (essential) progress a year after 'buying a share of the software' and try to make you see that the GUI is vital before exchanges. The arrogance and rudeness are staggering.

You openly sold to the PUBLIC (not just devs). It is beyond naive and childish to keep whinging that you don't like speculators. Every single person who bought in, dev or not, was speculating on the future value. I don't care that you don't like me. I am not JUST a speculator. People are not one-dimensional. Your bizarre and rather stupid elitism based on skill sets that you value has hampered this project and the community development. You're living in the real world, so deal with it like a man instead of throwing tantrums because you don't like reality. You sold software in shares... that means we all have to be able to access our shares/assets, despite our skill sets. I didn't buy the whole IOTA package myself, I bought a share of the asset value.

What have I done for IOTA? Not much, except help fund it and spread the word a little. I started helping with editing some text for a few pages of one of the support websites, but I was turned off the idea reading more of your acerbic comments made to me and in response to other reasonable questions.

What have you done for me? Well sweet fuck all so far. The price is plummeting, I can't access my coins. I'm out of pocket and may well see nothing for my support of your project. At this point you are still indebted to me, not the other way around. I have given both time and money and received nothing. Of course a GUI is a necessary part of the sale. You sold to the PUBLIC, so you cannot reasonably expect them to go through an overly complicated claiming process in order to access the value you sold to them. Launching on exchanges before everyone has easy access is inviting trouble.

I tell you what David, there were other things I could have done to help on the marketing side of things with IOTA. I really don't want to any more though. My own finical interest isn't the only driver for me. I work towards things I want to happen and things I value, in communities that I respect and feel part of. You can't simply provide an economic incentive and expect a community to grow around it. That's not how bitcoin or Eth or any other major coin got where they are. They were inspired by their communities and the people who stood in public view, they took advantage of a wide range of skill sets to push the agenda of their projects. This project seems destined to belong to a clique of devs who get nowhere because they can't appreciate the difference between intelligence and wisdom.

If anyone is interested I'm selling my seeds at a knock down price.

I've wasted enough time here in the last year, it'll prob work out as Mcdonalds wages per hour, yay lucky me :/

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:51:42 AM

Quite right Zanzibar!!!

IOTA has done nothing but waste A LOT of my time so far. I have not made a penny of profit, I cannot access my coins and I have donated 20% of them to help provide resources to the project, then I'm told to FUCK OFF when I ask about (essential) progress a year after 'buying a share of the software' and try to make you see that the GUI is vital before exchanges. The arrogance and rudeness are staggering.

You openly sold to the PUBLIC (not just devs). It is beyond naive and childish to keep whinging that you don't like speculators. Every single person who bought in, dev or not, was speculating on the future value. I don't care that you don't like me. I am not JUST a speculator. People are not one-dimensional. Your bizarre and rather stupid elitism based on skill sets that you value has hampered this project and the community development. You're living in the real world, so deal with it like a man instead of throwing tantrums because you don't like reality. You sold software in shares... that means we all have to be able to access our shares/assets, despite our skill sets. I didn't buy the whole IOTA package myself, I bought a share of the asset value.

What have I done for IOTA? Not much, except help fund it and spread the word a little. I started helping with editing some text for a few pages of one of the support websites, but I was turned off the idea reading more of your acerbic comments made to me and in response to other reasonable questions.

What have you done for me? Well sweet fuck all so far. The price is plummeting, I can't access my coins. I'm out of pocket and may well see nothing for my support of your project. At this point you are still indebted to me, not the other way around. I have given both time and money and received nothing. Of course a GUI is a necessary part of the sale. You sold to the PUBLIC, so you cannot reasonably expect them to go through an overly complicated claiming process in order to access the value you sold to them. Launching on exchanges before everyone has easy access is inviting trouble.

I tell you what David, there were other things I could have done to help on the marketing side of things with IOTA. I really don't want to any more though. My own finical interest isn't the only driver for me. I work towards things I want to happen and things I value, in communities that I respect and feel part of. You can't simply provide an economic incentive and expect a community to grow around it. That's not how bitcoin or Eth or any other major coin got where they are. They inspired their communities and took advantage of a wide range of skill sets to push the agenda of their project. This project seems destined to belong to a clique of devs who get nowhere because they can't appreciate the difference between intelligence and wisdom.

I've wasted enough time here in the last year, it'll prob work out as Mcdonalds wages per hour, yay lucky me :/

I would like to buy your seed, please
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 11:06:11 AM

Not that I particularly care about these morons and their usual sockpuppet-fests (Note: zanzibar is a sockpuppet too),

At the very least, id be cautious to consider him a suck puppet. He seems legit. His account here has decent trust and is old, and Yassin vouched and confirmed that his sells were real, as he acted as escrow.
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 11:24:47 AM

Not that I particularly care about these morons and their usual sockpuppet-fests (Note: zanzibar is a sockpuppet too),

At the very least, id be cautious to consider him a suck puppet. He seems legit. His account here has decent trust and is old, and Yassin vouched and confirmed that his sells were real, as he acted as escrow.

I didn't say his sells weren't real.  I said the account is a sockpuppet.

still, we have better things to do than blaming and complaining. we know how good communication works, lets use this instead. for different reasons, we are where we are and more importantly: for different reasons we dont know whats behind the scenes. there are contracts, justified delays and lots and lots of technical hurdles to overcome. speculators have a reason to ask, but they have to ask themselves: do I really have the right to blame the people who are working eagerly?

let's get to the point where everyone gives his best, beside personal opinion. this should be handled like legit business. from all sides. and if this doesnt work, we should leave BTT and switch to a better place.
it's just time-consuming and pointless.

so I urge everyone to stay cool and positive.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 12:36:35 PM

I would like to buy your seed, please

PM me offers for 1650 Gi.

We'll escrow btc, then I'll give you my seed, you can move IOTAs to a new seed, then escrow can release btc.

Yassin or Seccour obvs.

I'll take best offer made in the next few days
BiTrading

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 12:39:35 PM

I guess, if the funding is done and agreed on, we need a poll^^

I like the idea. Lets fund another 1% for the foundation. Besides actual development, its the only way we can help.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 12:44:49 PM

Quite right Zanzibar!!!

Common man, Iota is highly experimental sofware, we all know that. It requires a lot of testing and imput of the community.
I am also not that technical and also feel no so comfortable to claim now. I hope a GUI comes out fast.
But saying the devs have done nothing is not true imo, a lot has been done in a year.
Also there are a lot of great community members working on Iota, as can be seen on slack.
Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 01:25:15 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2016, 02:20:08 PM by Jabbawa

Quite right Zanzibar!!!

Common man, Iota is highly experimental sofware, we all know that. It requires a lot of testing and imput of the community.
I am also not that technical and also feel no so comfortable to claim now. I hope a GUI comes out fast.
But saying the devs have done nothing is not true imo, a lot has been done in a year.
Also there are a lot of great community members working on Iota, as can be seen on slack.

Yes it is experimental. I don't mind waiting. I have waited patiently for a year.

I do mind if IOTA goes on exchanges when most users (myself included) have not been able to claim or use the assets we purchased. Especially as we have claimed numerous times, donated and jumped through every hoop before now.

The assertion that David et al can just wash their hands of us dirty speculators (lol) and launch on exchanges when most of us can't access our coins or sell in the launch bubble is a problem to me. More of a problem is being told to fuck off when raising the issue.

I wouldn't be the only one who would be angry if it launches on exchanges without a light wallet and streamlined claiming process. The majority would be. This should be obvious and the light wallet must remain a priority because they have not discharged their responsibility until we all have easy access to the thing we purchased (IOTAs).

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:21:46 PM

Guys, where do you get that info about exchanges and that there will be no lite wallet?

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:30:40 PM

Exchange launch will not happen before Lite Wallet is released - Dom confirmed a few second ago.
moodledidoodledi

Activity: 171
Merit: 53

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:33:51 PM

Aight. I think I can speak for Scott here, too. Scott an I are willing to help everyone with nostalgia and the claim process, no matter what problem you have. We already set up Iotasupport, so we can definitely provide some troubleshooting and otherwise get you in contact with the right people. Me for myself, I was scared at the beginning of Nostalgia, too. But right now I think it is nearly as good as a GUI. So, no fear! Contact me on slack if you have problems.

Ps: no one ever said there will be exchanges before GUI/light wallet. I want to see that source pls
Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:43:58 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 10:16:25 AM by Jabbawa

Ps: no one ever said there will be exchanges before GUI/light wallet. I want to see that source pls

My source is just reading here and IOTA slack where everyone is saying that "no one is working on the light wallet right now afaik", "it isn't the priority right now", "people who haven't claimed obviously don't care and aren't following the project" (not true), and yet exchanges will come in December/before xmas etc?! This dialogue gives cause for concern to people in my situation who have limited time to keep track of what is happening.

And many of us don't have time to solve whatever has gone wrong when we tried to use nostalgia either... see how you feel about trying a third time when you have kids and a very very busy life? Providing support is great, but it's not the answer because it needs to be 100% inclusive, therefore it needs to be a few idiot-proof clicks, not well meaning support for a convoluted process that some have had issues with.

If exchanges won't come until after the claiming has been sorted then I have less of an issue, perhaps it would have been easier and more professional to say that rather than 'fuck off' when I raised concerns?
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:04:04 PM

What's wrong, David?   Undecided

Nothing is wrong, it's not my responsibility to turn idiots into semi-functioning individuals. I will not even waste time responding to the idiots Jabbawa and Zanzibar, collectively their IQ barely reach 2 digits. Buying software you are too inept to even use and then complain about how you are unable to 'liquidate assets' is so painfully stupid that we better all beg that our universe is not a simulation, otherwise I suspect the ones running the simulation is contemplating shutting it down right about now.

Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: