Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark marketplaces?  (Read 102153 times)
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:36:01 PM

People like things that are forbidden, which is the reason dark market places are popular even by people who are not into illegal things.
But i agree with the sentiment of other people, we normal people, have nothing to do there.

Yeah it is beyond me why you even want to be there. I am sure they have  'interesting' products, but for me staying out of jail is way more important.
No dark marketplaces for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:56:07 PM

People like things that are forbidden, which is the reason dark market places are popular even by people who are not into illegal things.
But i agree with the sentiment of other people, we normal people, have nothing to do there.

Yeah it is beyond me why you even want to be there. I am sure they have  'interesting' products, but for me staying out of jail is way more important.

I've visited a  dark marketplace once. The things you see there are very intriging but like said above normal people have no use to go there.
Shady people do.
Tafbiat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:26:46 AM

Its estimated that >50% of Tor nodes are run and operated by..... The (edit) CIA Alone. Yes everyone using Tor acts as a relay. But the US Govt has pretty deep pockets. Launching a few hundred thousand or even say a million micro relays in data centers around the world is pretty simple for an agency with that budget. That figure doesnt account for other agencies and governments doing just the same.

Of course they only have so much man power, so big fish become the targets. But still, something to consider.

Strato

Does it mean the CIA has access to our data?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:44:01 PM

There's nothing illegal about taking a look around. I did it once. It wasn't very exciting and Tor is a pain in the ass. If I need something illegal I'll buy it from a guy who knows a guy in meatspace.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:08:29 PM

Yeah, honestly the whole using bitcoins to buy drugs things is dying because of governments being able to easily trace these transactions and the people who are doing the transactions (or atleast the buying). Bitcoin is maturing in the sense that it's gaining popularity by a legit "store of value" or "internationally acceptable currency" rather than have its popularity by dark net markets that Silk Road... Whether that's a good thing or not.

There are other coins out there that can possibly fill this void with even better anonymity features, but I personally think the dark net markets for buying drugs and that kind of thing are dying in a sense. People don't feel quite safe anymore and are being hesitant on TOR, unless they know a lot about other security measures to take when browsing the dark net.

flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:48:58 AM

Yeah, honestly the whole using bitcoins to buy drugs things is dying because of governments being able to easily trace these transactions and the people who are doing the transactions (or atleast the buying). Bitcoin is maturing in the sense that it's gaining popularity by a legit "store of value" or "internationally acceptable currency" rather than have its popularity by dark net markets that Silk Road... Whether that's a good thing or not.

There are other coins out there that can possibly fill this void with even better anonymity features, but I personally think the dark net markets for buying drugs and that kind of thing are dying in a sense. People don't feel quite safe anymore and are being hesitant on TOR, unless they know a lot about other security measures to take when browsing the dark net.

True. TOR is no longer secure, government is taking more and more steps in the darknet and it's beginning hard to surf on tor without getting caught by your government. People in need of incredible privacy are starting to learn how to access onion sites without tor and with less mainstream software!

OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 05:53:33 PM

black market, perhaps you mean the dark side of the internet market, I've never seen it, maybe you could find a way in google how to get into the dark side of the internet, but beware Sad

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

wikenpp

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:07:38 PM

There's nothing illegal about taking a look around. I did it once. It wasn't very exciting and Tor is a pain in the ass. If I need something illegal I'll buy it from a guy who knows a guy in meatspace.

Illegal is never good. I never will visit such a dark market/site simply because those people are not in my league.
After all, there is a reason why it's illegal...
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:11:58 PM

black market, perhaps you mean the dark side of the internet market, I've never seen it, maybe you could find a way in google how to get into the dark side of the internet, but beware Sad

Hahaha, believe me... the worst possible thing that you can do is to Google: "How to access the dark net market to buy drugs", or something of the sort.  That's completely idiotic.  Google is single handily the biggest collection of internet data that is used by the Feds and government for cracking down on criminals and individuals who want to buy drugs or god forbid, CP.

This is a major debate that is going on in politics right now, is how much privacy should a citizen get on the internet, or in life in general.  As of what it's known, sites like Google, Facebook, and I'm assuming other main social media/search engines sites data are handed over to the government to track individuals search history and stuff like that to "protect the country".  It's a very touchy subject.

But no... If you don't know how to access it, I would just suggest you just keep it that way.

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:22:20 PM

I tend to agree with the sentiment of most users.

Dark markets are dark for a reason, going there is not a smart thing for an average joe.

By all means try to avoid it.
flagpara

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:32:52 AM

Illegal is never good. I never will visit such a dark market/site simply because those people are not in my league.

Yeah, it's illegal because a bunch of very precise people decided it was so...

If your government decided that kissing in public was illegal because it could shock people, would you follow it?
Incredible how people tend to forget the law is produced by just a few hundreds of people, who can be influenced, biased, corrupted or simply wrong.

The law isn't always good. And when it's not it's the duty of citizens to fight it.

kanazawa

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:49:49 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 02:12:15 PM by kanazawa

The hardest part (in my own view) it's the fact that, to do a marketplace on TOR you can't use JS, JSON, JAVA, PHP (the right way) and lotta programming that is very important to cut off the bad guys. Darknet, deepweb, etc, is full, full, full of scammers, so, you need security. Using BTC it's cool but when you don't have full security it's a shot in the dark... honestly, it's hard to find a decent marketplace there. If you don't have full security, you may get involved with some serious businesses and consequently serious danger (like carding, bank drops, etc). The majority of people don't bother so much with this because carding it's not so serious as accept it.

Making a "marketplace" like thousands in darknet it's easy, but, you fall into the oldest methods of sale... using only html, email, etc. It doesn't transmit security for buyers neither for sellers... what insurance your trade have when you buy/sell physical stuffs or BTC, for example, when you only got buttons, a doubtful and late email answer? You need validation, etc... TOR is great, but trade into it (in my opinion) it's very hard. Ps.: The country you live makes lotta difference (don't know what's yours).

Cheers!  Cool

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

wikenpp

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:34:56 PM

If your government decided that kissing in public was illegal because it could shock people, would you follow it?
Incredible how people tend to forget the law is produced by just a few hundreds of people, who can be influenced, biased, corrupted or simply wrong.

The law isn't always good. And when it's not it's the duty of citizens to fight it.

You are so right when you say this.
Yes some things which the governement finds illegal are far from illegal.
Nonetheless the general sentiment on those market places is real illegal things. Which should be forbidden.
flagpara

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:20:17 AM

Nonetheless the general sentiment on those market places is real illegal things. Which should be forbidden.

Agreed. Most of them are sites promoting prostitution, weaponds/drugs sales...

But it's important to remember illegal is mostly a matter of perspective  Cheesy

jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:57:10 PM

Yeah it is beyond me why you even want to be there. I am sure they have  'interesting' products, but for me staying out of jail is way more important.

Agreed. Most of them are sites promoting prostitution, weaponds/drugs sales...

But it's important to remember illegal is mostly a matter of perspective  Cheesy

Perspective can be narrowed down too.
Weapons should be illegal and are
Softdrugs is illegal in some countries.
Harddrugs is illegal in all countries.

With other words, we all know which kind of items can be found on those market places and no average joe has anything to do on a dark market place, period!
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:01:25 AM

Ill just leave this here.

"The appeal [of Ross Ulbricht] is scheduled to be filed January 12, 2016."

http://freeross.org/donate-now-2/

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
raj1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:55:38 PM

I only know about tor web is:
It is a dark internet space where only special users(by changing IP or manipulating connection) or governmental agencies can access...
Tor web cannot be accessed by searching on normal search engines...
There are many ways to access tor web..
I think you should find solution on YouTube or google to access tor..
strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:45:57 AM

Ill just leave this here.

"The appeal [of Ross Ulbricht] is scheduled to be filed January 12, 2016."

http://freeross.org/donate-now-2/

That is so sad!  land of the free... sure.  Seems not even white folks can get away with crime anymore.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:12:43 AM

My advise would be to stay our of those markets unless that is your market.  Obviously, you do not know much about them, so I am assuming that is not your market.  Those places give BTC a bad name and do not help with the advancement of BTC.  Again, this is only my opinion.  I personally do not support those markets in any way.

I wouldnt be so judgy, most of bitcoins value is BECAUSE of those darkmarkets, and the demand they create, not regardless....

EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:14:10 PM

My advise would be to stay our of those markets unless that is your market.  Obviously, you do not know much about them, so I am assuming that is not your market.  Those places give BTC a bad name and do not help with the advancement of BTC.  Again, this is only my opinion.  I personally do not support those markets in any way.

I wouldnt be so judgy, most of bitcoins value is BECAUSE of those darkmarkets, and the demand they create, not regardless....

In the old days, the bitcoin was valuable due to the dark markets. But it is totally different now. It has more legitimate use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: