Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233180 times)
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:12:57 AM

Hmm.. Gambling is so addicting.. Yes I agree with that statement..
You have 1BTC and you can double it in one time.. What do you feel?
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

That is AMAZING!!
Games of gambling can be learned. We need calculate the chance.
Let's see the roullete games. It has 2 colours to play, red and black.
The chance is 50% for red and 50% for Black.
If we play and choose the red, we get 50% chance for win or lose
If we play and choose the black, we get 50% chace for win or lose
But when we pass that game, we get nothing..
So, why is gambling so addicting? Because we have chance for win 50%, but if we pass the game, we get 0% ot nothing..

Not all game are applicable to your 50% law,

Yes games like roulette and dice do belong to your explanation,
But how about the games that are not purely based on luck, Right?
Like poker.
In that kind of game you do use your skills and strategy to make the chance of winning more higher.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:29:41 AM

Actually gambling is not addicting, the question should be "why people addicted tp gambling". Gambling Addiction comes from human's mind/heart, not from the gambling itself. Unlike addiction of drugs which contains something that make peope addicted to it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:37:01 AM

Yes, gambling is addictive and that's why it is banned in many countries, but I think that banning it is not right. Adults should have a right to do whatever they want if that not harms anybody physically. I'm not saying that gambling is a good thing but everyone should have the right to make his/her own decisions.
I think even though gambling banned in many countries but still, if you're still willing to gamble in other words you have an addiction to gambling. I think the country's ban on gambling will never be left off. so the actual rules there yourself. you know what is good and bad?
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:50:03 AM

Actually gambling is not addicting, the question should be "why people addicted tp gambling". Gambling Addiction comes from human's mind/heart, not from the gambling itself. Unlike addiction of drugs which contains something that make peope addicted to it.

Well I disagree with you, gambling is really addicting. Regardless the person on why they are addicted. It is the essence of gambling since ever.

It is really addicting at all if you are going to sum up all the characteristics and reason why gambling is addictive and it is maybe in human's nature.

That gambling is very addicting at all.

Vires in Numeris
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:25:12 PM

Well I disagree with you, gambling is really addicting. Regardless the person on why they are addicted. It is the essence of gambling since ever.

It is really addicting at all if you are going to sum up all the characteristics and reason why gambling is addictive and it is maybe in human's nature.

That gambling is very addicting at all.

Yup! gambling will always be addicting whenever a player is occasionally or always playing it, it will always fall down to the desire of the gambler itself and the eagerness to get a big sum in playing gambling,

In my opinion people will never be satisfied with the things he had in life, for example you had buy a brand new mobile phone then a brand new model come up instantly you will want to buy the brand new one again well in gambling greediness is the enemy most gamblers are facing when betting.
mishra1994

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:30:08 PM

Yes that a nice point you made that gambling is not addicting like drugs which are addicting but the people or we should say the gamblers are the one who gets addicted to gambling.
Yes gambling is not like drugs but there must be something in it and dont know what it is because still people are getting addicted to gambling.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:33:07 PM

Yes, gambling is addictive and that's why it is banned in many countries, but I think that banning it is not right. Adults should have a right to do whatever they want if that not harms anybody physically. I'm not saying that gambling is a good thing but everyone should have the right to make his/her own decisions.
I think even though gambling banned in many countries but still, if you're still willing to gamble in other words you have an addiction to gambling. I think the country's ban on gambling will never be left off. so the actual rules there yourself. you know what is good and bad?
yes all the rules can be eliminated. currently playing gambling is very easy to do. when the country prohibits then we would do anything to be able gamble. gambling addiction makes us think harder to be able to play.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:33:26 PM

don't really gamble, but in my experience, it is addicting when I win once and tried it again then lose then win then lose again...but never tried it again, maybe I don't have the "luck" in gamble..
if luck is not located in the gambling game, then you should never gamble again because it would be dangerous if you already feel addicted and can not leave.

Well you are only going to depend on the luck you have every time you are going to gamble and if you think you are not lucky enough today.

Better to keep quiet and stop for this day because it is going to tend you but maybe it is really going to be addicted if you are into gambling.

The hope of winning is really an addicted thing.
I don't think it is always depend on luck cause for me; it is also depend of what game they are playing.
There are gambling games that depend on luck and I think most of it was on the online gambling sites.
But when you go on the gambling places some of the game needs to have a technique or strategy for you to win.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:18:01 PM

Yes that a nice point you made that gambling is not addicting like drugs which are addicting but the people or we should say the gamblers are the one who gets addicted to gambling.
Yes gambling is not like drugs but there must be something in it and dont know what it is because still people are getting addicted to gambling.

It's because we are thinking all the time about us winning big. That's the main reason for which we are becoming addicted to it. It's that hope in your mind 'ooh come on, I can't loose now' and the worst things happen exactly when you expect it the least. It's not really like the drug addiction: if you stop gambling, nothing bad happens to you. If you stop smoking weed, you just feel like you can't live without it in your body.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:33:14 PM

It's because we are thinking all the time about us winning big. That's the main reason for which we are becoming addicted to it. It's that hope in your mind 'ooh come on, I can't loose now' and the worst things happen exactly when you expect it the least. It's not really like the drug addiction: if you stop gambling, nothing bad happens to you. If you stop smoking weed, you just feel like you can't live without it in your body.

Well the facts are all right there about gambling you just need to read the signs, ask someone who's known gambling for years and having knowledge in every aspect in it, you would know that gambling really is addicting even if you are winning or losing every time you bet the possibility of getting addicted is always there!
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:47:24 PM

Well the facts are all right there about gambling you just need to read the signs, ask someone who's known gambling for years and having knowledge in every aspect in it, you would know that gambling really is addicting even if you are winning or losing every time you bet the possibility of getting addicted is always there!

Yeah, gambling is indeed very dangerous to everyone who did the gambling, the most deadly danger is addicted to, any person who is addicted in gambling will certainly get a bit of a problem in his life and, if not immediately corrected then it will be bad
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:28:18 PM

To me it is addicting at least partly is because if I lose i want to get my money back. The only way to do that is by coming back and hoping my luck has changes.
If my luck is better, i may win, if not I have to come back another day... very smart concept.
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:37:21 PM

But, I do see many gamblers are getting tension and frustration from gambling. None of this feeling would definitely sooth them. Still, they are going for gambling regularly due to their addictions. I do not see, gambling is comfortable to many gamblers in emotional way but they are still addicted for gambling.

Addiction of anything could be dangerous but in this case of gambling, people losing so big amounts there as they are very consistent with their habits and doing it daily, I think so gambling is like a very disease but we have no cure for it, to be honest I also playing on different daily just to get addicted of it.

You are wrong then, let me ask you one thing addiction of sport do it dangerous too? Doesnt make sense if you said that addiction of something will be dangerous. Addicted people sure need some rehab but in proper way moreover if you are drug addict but for gambling addiction i think there is still some cure because everything is on your mind so if you can really control your mind and yourself there is no need some cure of it. Gambling sure addicting because of the payout of every money that you put on the table but still you really need some luck to win that
It is the payout and of course the game, the game is the first thing we consider why we become an addict and if we love the game so much just like in dice and what will happen is play longer and our mind has get used to it and until we get bored then we focus next on the money.
You are also wrong mate then let me also ask you have you been addicted to something? , even sports addiction is dangerous too. There is no way that you will be always safe when you get addicted to something it is its nature
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:27:55 PM

Gambling itself is not really what is addicting but the adrenaline rush that we feel from knowing the risk of both winning and losing.
Also, knowing just how much of a reward there is plays a big role as to how much we can get addicted to gambling due to human's basic nature of being greedy.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 09:52:09 PM

Gambling is only so addicting if you are winning unless you are just gambling for fun. When i am playing poker i don't care how much i lose or i win because poker is my favorite game.

"Problem gambling is characterized by many difficulties in limiting money and/or time spent on gambling which leads to adverse consequences for the gambler, others, or for the community."
Lol I think there is no difference between playing to have fun and play with a view to profit. I'm sure everyone will be trying to get a win on every bet.
they may not play to get a defeat. I do not know why people become addicts. may automatically make you an addict Lol

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:27:47 PM

Gambling is only so addicting if you are winning unless you are just gambling for fun. When i am playing poker i don't care how much i lose or i win because poker is my favorite game.

"Problem gambling is characterized by many difficulties in limiting money and/or time spent on gambling which leads to adverse consequences for the gambler, others, or for the community."
Lol I think there is no difference between playing to have fun and play with a view to profit. I'm sure everyone will be trying to get a win on every bet.
they may not play to get a defeat. I do not know why people become addicts. may automatically make you an addict Lol

I think gambling is really addicting because of both. The entertainment and fun that it can give to the gamblers and as well the promising profit that it can give to the gamblers by chance. But for me guys, don't depend on it because it is a very few chance that you can win in gambling because it is a matter of higher chance of losing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
purebitco

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:34:38 PM

i think it is because it can allow you to make some good money if you are lucky

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:10:22 AM

Well a lot of gamblers are hoping on it that they are going to get some good money if ever they are going to gamble. So, it becomes addicting when they think that they are going to get it when they are going to keep on gambling even they are losing. They are not going to stop until they are going to won and get returns of their loses.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ice098

Activity: 1498
Merit: 586

Cryptocasino.com

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:22:20 AM

Well a lot of gamblers are hoping on it that they are going to get some good money if ever they are going to gamble. So, it becomes addicting when they think that they are going to get it when they are going to keep on gambling even they are losing. They are not going to stop until they are going to won and get returns of their loses.

Yeah thats true many gamblers hoping on it that they are going to get some good money here in gambling but they always loose and they hoping again in another day that they win in gambling. But For me, they addicting on it because they always hoping even if they loose many bitcoin in their wallet and another addicting in gambling is the feeling when you bet in gambling the mix of your emotion is great in feeling. Thats the reason why others are addicted on it.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 01:09:50 AM

don't really gamble, but in my experience, it is addicting when I win once and tried it again then lose then win then lose again...but never tried it again, maybe I don't have the "luck" in gamble..
if luck is not located in the gambling game, then you should never gamble again because it would be dangerous if you already feel addicted and can not leave.

Well you are only going to depend on the luck you have every time you are going to gamble and if you think you are not lucky enough today.

Better to keep quiet and stop for this day because it is going to tend you but maybe it is really going to be addicted if you are into gambling.

The hope of winning is really an addicted thing.
I don't think it is always depend on luck cause for me; it is also depend of what game they are playing.
There are gambling games that depend on luck and I think most of it was on the online gambling sites.
But when you go on the gambling places some of the game needs to have a technique or strategy for you to win.

All gambling games is the samr and that is all depends on your luck whether you said it is like based on startegy but at least you need some luck to get profit. Same as poker game, that is strategy game but you need some luck in order to get a good card to win some huge profit
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: