Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316306 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 02:30:42 AM

Simple question: I'm waiting for doing the one last final withdrawal of my funds but I still receive dividends.

Is there some kind of timeframe for when dividend payment will stop?

How about trading? Will it be frozen some time before the site is fully shutdown? Or everything will happen at once sometime around end of October?

I think most of your answers are in the shutdown notice.

https://btct.co/

Dividend payments most likely stop when the individual issuer moves off or shuts down their asset.

Cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:32:28 AM

That's too bad, this was a good site.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:06:02 AM

I like how an exchange operator can just decide to shut down.  If anything, this brings the most legal scrutiny, as people don't cope with their losses quietly..

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:09:16 AM

I like how an exchange operator can just decide to shut down.  If anything, this brings the most legal scrutiny, as people don't cope with their losses quietly..

What losses? Only holders of the BTCT.co shares are sustaining real loses. All the other securities should have stayed at market value.

If your security dropped in price because of the shutdown, because they are unable to move to another exchange, consider getting another security.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:19:52 AM

Obviously the "fee reserve" isn't needed any more.

Actually, yes it is.
Burnside has already explained why.

Burnside, I think you should rename this thread: "[BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [WINDING DOWN] - Reserve fee is staying"

ok - thanks for the link so I could read the explanation.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:42:18 AM

What losses? Only holders of the BTCT.co shares are sustaining real loses. All the other securities should have stayed at market value.

If your security dropped in price because of the shutdown, because they are unable to move to another exchange, consider getting another security.

A share price drop would be considered a loss, buddy.   Roll Eyes

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:47:19 AM

Maybe I miscommunicated..

What I was trying to say is that if your shares suffered a loss then the security is probably very unstable anyway. Most securities can move to another exchange and if so, why would a good stable security drop in value?

My recommendation: If your securities dropped in value because of unstableness and lack of fundamentals, then dump that security and buy a better one. Its not BTCT.co fault.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 06:56:02 AM

I know this is a sensitive subject, but there are still a lot of unknowns out there around how governments are going to react to bitcoin.  Using bitcoin is thus inherently risky.  In this case, the government has not reacted in a way beneficial to btct.co and thus a wind down is necessary.

If you're an alcoholic and your city council votes to go dry, do you blame the shopkeeper that can no longer sell you the alcohol?  Or do you blame the city that enacted the new law?

The saving grace for everyone is that the exchange has spent a lot of bitcoins on legal fees to make sure that we have the time to let things wind down in an orderly fashion, thus preserving as much value for everyone as possible.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:09:14 AM

I know this is a sensitive subject, but there are still a lot of unknowns out there around how governments are going to react to bitcoin.  Using bitcoin is thus inherently risky.  In this case, the government has not reacted in a way beneficial to btct.co and thus a wind down is necessary.

If you're an alcoholic and your city council votes to go dry, do you blame the shopkeeper that can no longer sell you the alcohol?  Or do you blame the city that enacted the new law?

The saving grace for everyone is that the exchange has spent a lot of bitcoins on legal fees to make sure that we have the time to let things wind down in an orderly fashion, thus preserving as much value for everyone as possible.

Doesn't sound like there is a specific reason you're shutting down, other than there being "too many unknowns".  You're just guessing.  Since the beginning of bitcoin people have known we would face the risk of governments talking about us, so why did it take you this long to make this decision?  The risk has been around since the start.  Nobody came knocking on your door.. seems to me you're just selling out.  But why start the exchange in the first place then, if you're just going to pull the plug on us?  You made your money, so you're out.. See, that causes a severe lack of trust from investors now in all of bitcoin land.  How do you think fiat investors would feel if the NYSE just decided to stop because they made enough money?  At least sell BTCT to someone, don't just bootfuck it to the ground.   Huh     

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:12:32 AM

I really think this creates more legal troubles than letting it run its natural course.  Example: If Labcoin can't settle to a new exchange, you could be held liable  for shutting down BTCT.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:15:48 AM

I really think this creates more legal troubles than letting it run its natural course.  Example: If Labcoin can't settle to a new exchange, you could be held liable  for shutting down BTCT.

I think burnside wants to distance himself as far away as possible from Labcoin.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:27:15 AM

I think burnside wants to distance himself as far away as possible from Labcoin.

I realize that, but what he is doing is involving himself even more by trying to turn his back on it.  Running from it could be the worst possible thing to do.  Just watch.. this will get interesting.

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:49:31 AM

Doesn't sound like there is a specific reason you're shutting down, other than there being "too many unknowns".  You're just guessing.  Since the beginning of bitcoin people have known we would face the risk of governments talking about us, so why did it take you this long to make this decision?  The risk has been around since the start.  Nobody came knocking on your door.. seems to me you're just selling out.  But why start the exchange in the first place then, if you're just going to pull the plug on us?  You made your money, so you're out.. See, that causes a severe lack of trust from investors now in all of bitcoin land.  How do you think fiat investors would feel if the NYSE just decided to stop because they made enough money?  At least sell BTCT to someone, don't just bootfuck it to the ground.   Huh     

I don't see any true statements in this post.

You're mistaken.  Sorry, there's really no nicer way to put it.

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:50:41 AM

I realize that, but what he is doing is involving himself even more by trying to turn his back on it.  Running from it could be the worst possible thing to do.  Just watch.. this will get interesting.

This isn't a TV drama.  There are no ulterior motives.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:46:51 AM

Dear VE.
NYCE *couldn't* just pull up stakes & post "Pool's Closed" meme on its Facebook page.
Because Gobment.
Because regulations.

Burnside couldn't have been more explicit regarding the nature of his game server.  To quote the site's FAQ:

"No assets on the site are to be considered real.
The use of this site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
If an asset issuer on this site defaults, you have ZERO RECOURSE. (not like you have any recourse in most international BTC situations anyway.)"

What you are experiencing now is the pain of being bitch-slapped by the Invisible Hand.  Learn to free market, pl0x.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:48:40 PM

Getting :

Error:
Xcoind backend failure at 135

When trying to transfer funds.

EDIT:  Now getting it on all pages.
onecent

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 04:10:25 PM by onecent

Getting :

Error:

EDIT:  Now getting it on all pages.

Got the same error

EDIT: It's back. cheers
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 04:06:21 PM

Works for me. I see Labcoin page...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 04:08:45 PM

Getting :

Error:

EDIT:  Now getting it on all pages.

Got the same error

Should be back now.

Cheers.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:38:47 PM

Well then why don't you start your own exchange since you seem to know soo much. We still don't know the full situation and all you are doing is making accusations based on 0 fact.

Just because your Labcoin shares are dropping due to the Labcoin teams incompetence doesn't make it burnsides fault.

All of my securities took a small hit on the first day but immediately bounced back. I got out of Labcoin a while ago, too many broken promises.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: