Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316309 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:44:51 PM

I really think this creates more legal troubles than letting it run its natural course.  Example: If Labcoin can't settle to a new exchange, you could be held liable  for shutting down BTCT.

I think you are mistaken. BTC-TC provides a platform for people to trade shares of Labcoin with each other. When BTC-TC goes away, people can still trade shares with each other. The key here is that BTC-TC is a third-party in your relationship with Labcoin, and it is not responsible for that relationship or its outcome.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SendCookies

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Cookies!!! Gimme Cookies!!!

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

I know you all are busy w/ the close down. But, I don't know where else to turn as support and my PM to ya have not been answered. I cancelled a loan in progress funding on btcjams yesterday to get my asset on collateral back so, I could sell or watever w/ them. Your site crashed mid way and only 1 of my 3 stocks were returned. I've emailed btcjams, send info to btc-tc support and have pm'd you directly here with the details. I know it's just a small amount, but it's my small amount. TY.

BURNSIDE or someone PLEASE HELP. Look when your site went down the other nite I was mid transfers from btc on collateral assets. ONLY 1 of my assets were transferred correctly. My sn on BTC-TC is the same as it is here.

This the mail I've sent to BTCJAMS (who have never ever responded to my support emails regarding anything for as long as I've been on that site), and I've sent this twice to your support system on BTC-TC. Look i know  yall are super busy and it's not a lot of btc, but it is mine and as of now, the time is ticking on me being able to move my 4 active shares and my labcoins have taken a nose dive which was the whole purpose of cashing em out that nite. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi, due the the closing of btctc, I deleted a loan in funding to get my assets back. I only receive 1 of 3 assets I had on hold.

I'm missing 2 of my assets

I have received:

Asset: KENILWORTH
  Quantity: 20

I am missing:

From Account: SendCookies
  To Account: celso
  Asset: ACTIVEMINING
  Quantity: 4

and

From Account: SendCookies
  To Account: celso
  Asset: LABCOIN
  Quantity: 25

Anything not received in your account would still be in the BTCJAM account.  Unfortunately there's little I can do to validate your claim, and thus little I can do to intervene.  I hope that makes sense.  It should be easy for BTCJAM to check out and fix up.

Cheers.

Burnside, I have tried to contact btcjams for months now. Never ne response from them. It's not that hard for you to validate. you can see the transfer to them and out from them whenever I do this. U can also see that your servers did crash at the time of me receiving the first asset and I did not receive the other 2. Look, it's a value of less than $10 and even lower now. I am already too late to transfer my active shares as that deadline has passed, and labcoin shares are who knows where now. I can write it off, but, it's the principle of the whole thing. If this is too much trouble for ya, that is fine. Please just PM me in regards to this matter as cluttering up this thread is not my intention. TY.

For a List of the Best Free BTC faucets and ways to earn Bitcoins for free go to: MemberSquared.com
ishkur

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:25:04 PM

I really think this creates more legal troubles than letting it run its natural course.  Example: If Labcoin can't settle to a new exchange, you could be held liable  for shutting down BTCT.

I am curious..how could Burnside be liable if labcoin doesn't find a new exchange?

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:30:55 PM

I am curious..how could Burnside be liable if labcoin doesn't find a new exchange?

I think labcoin should be more concerned about finding some working ASICs tbh.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:33:24 PM

Dear Investors and Security Issuers,

As some of you may be aware a collective of security issuers and interested parties have banded together to attempt to purchase Burnside's code so that we can continue to operate the exchange, although perhaps under a different name and likely with some restrictions. If you are a security issuer please join the conversation on the recovery board (in the litecoin forum).

I am urging all security issuers not to make rushed decisions to move to a new exchange right now! Unfortunately some of you have gone to CryptoStocks.com already, which from what I can see is technically inferior and has near-zero liquidity (there are also some oddities like why VirCurEx has not paid dividends there for ages).

At CipherMine we are developing a simple tool to allow an issuer to import the .csv from a shareholder report and use that to distribute a dividend payment manually (ie. you just enter the amount and it sends that much to the shareholders). We intend to give this away to all of you for free.

BTC Trading Co does not shut down entirely for a month yet. You will be able to use the mechanisms there to distribute dividends in the mean time, and then you will still be able to with our tool or something similar.

It is the hope of our collective that we can have something operational within the next couple of months, so hopefully there would only be a short period of time where your securities were illiquid (barring manual trades of course).

To Shareholders, I cannot speak for all but most of us issuers intend to do the Right Thing and are making efforts, including committing significant personal resources, to try to look after you all.

In the mean time, please everyone hang in there and don't make panicked decisions! We will keep you posted as to developments.

Kate.

Burnside, can you comment on these developments?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:39:44 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3257327#msg3257327

If Labcoin wasn't a scam, burnside wouldn't be running away right now.  He is partially liable.  Even the transaction fees from which he has profited from, since they were used to purchase [possibly] fraudulent shares, could land burnside in a lot of trouble.  His legal barriers right now are not the "unknowns", because what is going on here is quite known.

Doesn't anyone also find it very strange the timing of these two events?

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 10:43:48 PM

If Labcoin wasn't a scam, burnside wouldn't be running away right now.  He is partially liable.  Even the transaction fees from which he has profited from, since they were used to purchase [possibly] fraudulent shares, could land burnside in a lot of trouble.  His legal barriers right now are not the "unknowns", because what is going on here is quite known.

You may think it's strange, but this justifies no conclusion like this without further evidence or indication.

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:45:52 PM

You may think it's strange, but this justifies no conclusion like this without further evidence or indication.

All that needs to be proven is that labcoin is a scam, then everything else will come.

odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:35:38 PM

The timing of every coincidence is strange. That's what makes it a coincidence. It's when the timing isn't strange that it might mean something.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
burnside
Legendary

Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:43:55 AM

Volcanic... Maybe you could go post in the speculation threads if you want to spin yarns?

I am not winding down because of anything LABCOIN related.  The issues we have are not related to any one asset.

Proper disclosure has been made since Day 1 that the site doesn't validate anything and we've been pro-active in trying to keep them to their word.

burnside
Legendary

Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 08:01:43 AM

Dear Investors and Security Issuers,

As some of you may be aware a collective of security issuers and interested parties have banded together to attempt to purchase Burnside's code so that we can continue to operate the exchange, although perhaps under a different name and likely with some restrictions. If you are a security issuer please join the conversation on the recovery board (in the litecoin forum).

I am urging all security issuers not to make rushed decisions to move to a new exchange right now! Unfortunately some of you have gone to CryptoStocks.com already, which from what I can see is technically inferior and has near-zero liquidity (there are also some oddities like why VirCurEx has not paid dividends there for ages).

At CipherMine we are developing a simple tool to allow an issuer to import the .csv from a shareholder report and use that to distribute a dividend payment manually (ie. you just enter the amount and it sends that much to the shareholders). We intend to give this away to all of you for free.

BTC Trading Co does not shut down entirely for a month yet. You will be able to use the mechanisms there to distribute dividends in the mean time, and then you will still be able to with our tool or something similar.

It is the hope of our collective that we can have something operational within the next couple of months, so hopefully there would only be a short period of time where your securities were illiquid (barring manual trades of course).

To Shareholders, I cannot speak for all but most of us issuers intend to do the Right Thing and are making efforts, including committing significant personal resources, to try to look after you all.

In the mean time, please everyone hang in there and don't make panicked decisions! We will keep you posted as to developments.

Kate.

Burnside, can you comment on these developments?

I'm pretty sure that we can sell assets as long as they are used in a legal manner and we do not sell them as an ongoing concern.  This is why no sale can complete prior to shutdown, and the domains, database content, and my involvement cannot be included.

My thoughts are that we should have a silent auction for the site code, with a proportional portion of the purchase price able to be paid in LTC-GLOBAL revenue shares.  For example, if you own 10% of the shares, you would get a 10% discount.  I likely would apply a multiplier though, such that if you owned 10% of the shares, you'd get a discount equal to 3x that percentage, or something similar, thus diluting my own shares to the benefit of the other revenue shareholders.

I am aware that some of the existing LTC-GLOBAL revenue shareholders would prefer first right of refusal, but I do not believe that such an arrangement would be fair for other revenue shareholders that are not part of the deal because an alternate offer could come in for 2x more, and revenue shareholders that cannot be involved in the deal going forward (US residents) would not receive a fair value.  It is my opinion that giving a discount/credit toward the purchase price is the best compromise available.

Given the limitations at hand, I am open to alternate suggestions.

Cheers.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:42:32 AM

Due to the newest circumstances I have to push this again..
... [tin foil hat stuff] ...

This really doesn't have anything to do with BTC-TC. You should move it one of the Labcoin threads where people might want to discuss it.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:22:22 PM

Burnside, why does Labcoin have 9999998 shares outstanding?
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

Burnside, why does Labcoin have 9999998 shares outstanding?

I was curious about this myself, it was 9999999 a day or so ago when I started noticing.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:03:39 PM

If the # of outstanding shares changes, then the asset issuer is buying/selling shares. In this case, it means that apparently 2 shares were bought by the issuer. Hardly anything worth mentioning, I reckon.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:08:02 PM

If the # of outstanding shares changes, then the asset issuer is buying/selling shares. In this case, it means that apparently 2 shares were bought by the issuer. Hardly anything worth mentioning, I reckon.

Not to derail, but this implies that Labcoin is using IPO funds to buy shares 1/4th IPO price. I understand it was only two shares so far, lets see if they step up the buyback.
dexX7
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:11:19 PM

Users sent back two shares to the issuer account "labcoin2", one was from me after the first outstanding share disappeared. Sorry for the confussion.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:12:18 PM

Users sent back two shares to the issuer account "labcoin2", one was from me after the first outstanding share disappeared. Sorry for the confussion.

No worries. Thanks for clearing this up. Smiley
Esh

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:32:34 PM

I'm pretty sure that we can sell assets as long as they are used in a legal manner and we do not sell them as an ongoing concern.  This is why no sale can complete prior to shutdown, and the domains, database content, and my involvement cannot be included.

My thoughts are that we should have a silent auction for the site code, with a proportional portion of the purchase price able to be paid in LTC-GLOBAL revenue shares.  For example, if you own 10% of the shares, you would get a 10% discount.  I likely would apply a multiplier though, such that if you owned 10% of the shares, you'd get a discount equal to 3x that percentage, or something similar, thus diluting my own shares to the benefit of the other revenue shareholders.

I am aware that some of the existing LTC-GLOBAL revenue shareholders would prefer first right of refusal, but I do not believe that such an arrangement would be fair for other revenue shareholders that are not part of the deal because an alternate offer could come in for 2x more, and revenue shareholders that cannot be involved in the deal going forward (US residents) would not receive a fair value.  It is my opinion that giving a discount/credit toward the purchase price is the best compromise available.

Given the limitations at hand, I am open to alternate suggestions.

Cheers.

Very glad to hear about this Burnside. The exchange continuing forward outside of American jurisdiction with the code base intact strikes me as the best possible outcome at this point.

Am I right in assuming that the existing entity 'LTC-GLOBAL' will wind down after the sale? Does this mean that LTC-GLOBAL (and BT-TRADING-PT) shareholders might look forward to a final payout of some kind after the site code is sold or auctioned? Can you say anything yet about what you anticipate the hierarchy of creditors will look like in that event, given that LTC-GLOBAL still has significant liabilities on its books (in the form of outstanding legal bills and the balance of the loan you made to LTC-GLOBAL to pay the initial legal retainer)?
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:33:26 AM

And the second one (actually the first) was mine. I wanted to dump my last share directly to them. I lost some 0.0006BTC by doing it Smiley. Sorry, it was dumb idea.

haha so your saying I can transfer my 2 labcoin shares to labcoin2 and they will be subtracted from he shares issued?
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: