Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:36:52 AM

Since masternode owners (including me) will most probably not receive anything until a fix is available, we should compensate them for the lost profits. What do you guys think?

@berron you need to wait for the new wallet

the last payouts for my 50+ masternodes are from august 5, but i'm not asking for any compensation...
thats my risk and the dev's are working hard for this coin without any premine or compensation afaik

just my 2 cents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 11:38:27 AM

Since masternode owners (including me) will most probably not receive anything until a fix is available, we should compensate them for the lost profits. What do you guys think?

@berron you need to wait for the new wallet

the last payouts for my 50+ masternodes are from august 5, but i'm not asking for any compensation...
thats my risk and the dev's are working hard for this coin without any premine or compensation afaik

just my 2 cents.

Spot on
we all know the risks in the coin
this issue will get sorted out.

thanks
Paul
mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:39:34 AM

i think you misquoted that one. I agree with the risk part. There is also the risk that people switch off masternodes and thats pretty high imho.

EDIT:
Spot on

I am not talking about a couple of days but compensation in case it takes longer.

You should know how people handle this otherwise since you switched off 100+ masternodes at least because people were not paying.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:59:10 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2016, 12:43:56 PM by tylerderden

Compensation is pretty much the only way you will get anything since block 290200 or whenever the switch was, there are many forks so when a fix comes it will most likely start at the block where pos occurred, everything after will probly be invalid but who knows, we have awesome devs so I'm sure nobody is going to lose out much. And the good thing is nobody else will either so it should kick off with everyone on an even playing field.
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 12:31:17 PM

i think you misquoted that one. I agree with the risk part. There is also the risk that people switch off masternodes and thats pretty high imho.

EDIT:
Spot on

I am not talking about a couple of days but compensation in case it takes longer.

You should know how people handle this otherwise since you switched off 100+ masternodes at least because people were not paying.

dont think thats the same really
if you dont pay for a service then you will get turned off
this is differant thay have a isse in the code lets let them sort it out.

thanks
Paul
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:37:58 PM

Last time something like this happen was during March where MN payments were higher than normal.
It was fixed but nothing was invalidated. It's all part of the fun. Code is open for all to see on github. Smiley

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:50:25 PM

I am working with the DNET team to implement a fix to the node communication issue. We worked late into the night and got quite a bit done. Now we are in the testing phase. Hope to have some better information for you all soon. As of now, I would expect to consider anything after 259200 as not valid. I think best route going forward will be for us to make sure this fix works, then mint 10-20 PoS blocks and then hard checkpoint it into the wallet, then distribute the new version.

I feel bad, this is my error in the code. Sorry to let you all down.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 03:52:38 PM

I am working with the DNET team to implement a fix to the node communication issue. We worked late into the night and got quite a bit done. Now we are in the testing phase. Hope to have some better information for you all soon. As of now, I would expect to consider anything after 259200 as not valid. I think best route going forward will be for us to make sure this fix works, then mint 10-20 PoS blocks and then hard checkpoint it into the wallet, then distribute the new version.

Hay
no problem these things happen
if you need any help from any of us just let sus know on here 

and thanks for taking the time to keep us informed 

thanks
Paul
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:53:14 PM

Allgood brother, I doubt anyone here is upset in the slightest. Masternodes with PoS shit this is a first, going OK under the circumstances. Except Nobody is panic selling goddamnit!!
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:38:18 PM

thanks for your honest information and no problem man, we are all humans, and humans make mistakes ....
just take the time you need to fix the error and test the new version.
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:06:20 PM

The only way to not fail it's not try it. I think that everyone involved in this coin from its early stage know that you were trying to get a new high to the Dashcoin scheme, and it would have its risk (first in something is always a risk, being this to land a rocket or to make the first POS wallet in the last bitcoin protocol). Big wallets in Bitrex are (unfortunately) not dumping so it's clear that almost everyone knows your honestity, professionality and work. Let's hope we can have that wallet working as soon as possible, if any testnet windows version can be run to help, don't hesitate to ask.

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:43:26 PM

What happens to the coins that i withdrew from bittrex after block 259200?
It came through without issue .will i lose that?

kbhutto

Activity: 1274
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:09:34 PM

That would be an issue.......I also did a couple of small transfers.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

I am not sure how you could have something go through after 259200. My guess is that you minted it into a transaction yourself and that it will be in the mempool waiting to get into a block once the update is ready.

Initial testing has gone well, I have a few nodes synced up to a PoS chain. Should have more details to you folks soon. I am more than happy to give up any staking rewards I have received in the process.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
kbhutto

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:24:32 PM

I am not sure how you could have something go through after 259200. My guess is that you minted it into a transaction yourself and that it will be in the mempool waiting to get into a block once the update is ready.

Initial testing has gone well, I have a few nodes synced up to a PoS chain. Should have more details to you folks soon. I am more than happy to give up any staking rewards I have received in the process.

No.......I did two very small transfers from trex (both were successful). I am not worried about my coins as transactions are small........but what about transactions done by other users?

Don't make it another ETH please!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:28:15 PM

No.......I did two very small transfers from trex (both were successful). I am not worried about my coins as transactions are small........but what about transactions done by other users?

And the transactions were confirmed into a block?

There is no need for a reversal of transactions. Transactions are not dependent on the block. Bittrex, if they need to, can just prompt their wallet to rebroadcast the transactions.

kbhutto

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:35:04 PM

And the transactions were confirmed into a block?

There is no need for a reversal of transactions. Transactions are not dependent on the block. Bittrex, if they need to, can just prompt their wallet to rebroadcast the transactions.

presstab explorer is not showing records for both transactions. However, I received both in my wallet and balance on trex was deducted accordingly. Could it be that presstab was on a different chain........but how come trex and my wallet were on same chain?

PS: I was on v2 wallet.....
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:10:52 PM

I did 1 small and 1 large withdraw from bittrex after block 259200 using v2 wallet.
It was done during the time when i was getting stake rewards. (minted) (still am)
It has over 1000 confirms so yeah, it would be an issue if i just lose it...  Sad

Surely there must have been others who also withdrew after block 259200. (but maybe not on this forum)
That would mean they will also lose their coins. Hmm.

kbhutto

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:18:15 PM

I did 1 small and 1 large withdraw from bittrex after block 259200 using v2 wallet.
It was done during the time when i was getting stake rewards. (minted) (still am)
It has over 1000 confirms so yeah, it would be an issue if i just lose it...  Sad

Surely there must have been others who also withdrew after block 259200. (but maybe not on this forum)
That would mean they will also lose their coins. Hmm.

Yeah. We cannot just discard blocks after 259200 height. It may not be good for the coin. Don't repeat ETH mistakes.
mikegi

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:05:23 PM

My wallet node was up to block 259390... on whatever chain...

My masternodes seem to be happily waiting at 259200 with
 "status" : "Masternode successfully started".

Any suggestions from the devs about what to do with currently running masternodes or what will be likely necessary steps one should take when the fix is ready?

Anyway, it is nice to see some action in github indicating a solution is in the works.

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: