Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ GameCredits - The future of in-game monetization ★★★  (Read 550083 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (30 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
GMC Foundation (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 07:27:51 PM

As the price goes up more and more people are becoming interested in GAME.

We invite you all to join our slack for even more discussion and resources.

GAMECREDITS SLACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 09:24:07 PM

GAMECREDITS SLACK

Is the ticker for this coin GMC or GAME?

Where is the repo for the p2pool you advertise in the OP?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:58:06 PM

GAMECREDITS SLACK

Is the ticker for this coin GMC or GAME?

Where is the repo for the p2pool you advertise in the OP?

GAME. GMC was the original ticker but changed in early 2016 to GAME.

Regarding the miner I do not know, but someone here or on slack can help you I am sure.
ryvirath

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:15:03 PM

So, a couple questions. GAME will be used in Fragoria to purchase in game items or some form of cosmetic features I assume. Maybe even skills, I'm not at all familiar with Fragoria and couldn't find any revenue figures for it. The revolutionary part is that you are handling the exchange on the back end so a user just has to plug in their paypal or whatever information. This brings up a few questions:

1. Credit card fraud is a pretty big issue. Any way to deal with that?
2. This is the one that I struggle with the most. Volatility. How can the game assume any sort of standardized cost for skills, equipment, cosmetics when a GAME credit could be 5 cents or 5 dollars depending on the mood of the market. Furthermore, how do you even decide what to charge a player for GAME credits? When I used the cartel market in Star Wars the Old Republic costs were standardized. This is the case with all in game markets up to this point. The way I understand it, the cost of every order of GAME would be different and you could lose or gain value on your GAME assets without doing anything. This is hardly ideal for a gamer who isn't playing the market and just wants to buy x amount of credits at a fixed rate to buy y skill which is also at a fixed rate. Imagine if everything in the Valve Steam store fluctuated wildly based on market use. It would be unusable. What am I missing that makes this model make sense?
3. What specifically is GAME used for in Fragoria?

Thanks. I have my eye on this one.
Jack Kuveke

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:42:24 PM

So, a couple questions. GAME will be used in Fragoria to purchase in game items or some form of cosmetic features I assume. Maybe even skills, I'm not at all familiar with Fragoria and couldn't find any revenue figures for it. The revolutionary part is that you are handling the exchange on the back end so a user just has to plug in their paypal or whatever information. This brings up a few questions:

1. Credit card fraud is a pretty big issue. Any way to deal with that?
2. This is the one that I struggle with the most. Volatility. How can the game assume any sort of standardized cost for skills, equipment, cosmetics when a GAME credit could be 5 cents or 5 dollars depending on the mood of the market. Furthermore, how do you even decide what to charge a player for GAME credits? When I used the cartel market in Star Wars the Old Republic costs were standardized. This is the case with all in game markets up to this point. The way I understand it, the cost of every order of GAME would be different and you could lose or gain value on your GAME assets without doing anything. This is hardly ideal for a gamer who isn't playing the market and just wants to buy x amount of credits at a fixed rate to buy y skill which is also at a fixed rate. Imagine if everything in the Valve Steam store fluctuated wildly based on market use. It would be unusable. What am I missing that makes this model make sense?
3. What specifically is GAME used for in Fragoria?

Thanks. I have my eye on this one.
Thank you for the questions, and I'm glad you've been watching us closely.

1.Fraud for the crypto/gaming community is an incredible tricky issue. For example, I started out in the gaming world building and operating large game servers, and made quite good money. However, my biggest problem were the chargebacks that really left me with some dents in my pockets. So I know first hand the pains and struggles when it comes to this issue.

The best way to fight fraud is to create a number of verification levels that don't greatly take away from the user experience , and cut down on fraud. Thankfully, we're working directly with Datcroft (the creators of Fragoria) and they have extensive experience with fraud, along with our experience as well. Part of our test in Fragoria will allow us to see how frauders benefit, and nullify those benefits as much as possible going forward. Fraud is a delicate and complex issue. As far as the industry goes, GameCredits will remain up to date and vigilant on the newest anti-fraud tactics.

2. The average gamer spends their coins within minutes of their purchase. When they purchase GameCredits they will turn around and use them to buy in game items. These in game items are still priced in Fragoria(or one of the other games we will integrate on since Frogoria is just a beta test) gems, tokens, or other local currencies. But Game can now be used to exchange for the coins and purchase in game items, skills, etc.

Because our wallet goes to exchanges, Gamers will be purchasing GameCredits based on market value. The same would hold true when the decide to sell their coins. Now when more and more games integrate GameCredits and our volume rises dramatically, market volatility will begin to stabilize dramatically. Obviously this is big picture, but we know how many games will accept GameCredits shortly, and we're working as hard as possible to be widely accepted across the board. However, I can't say volatility is an issue, and certainly in the beginning of the GameCredits integration when fewer gamers are on board, it will be a bigger problem. By channeling gamers purchases in the market, we will accomplish something unseen to date in crypto, bringing in another form of market purchases that will increase volume and stabilize the coin. Also, there is more to the answer that I cannot simply say at this time. What I will say, is this is just a beta test. We are fully aware of all the limitations and hurtles that come with achieving our goal, and have plans to avoid/conquer such pitfalls.

3. GameCredits will be another payment method used inside of Fragoria. Gamers can use GameCredits to purchase in game items priced in Fragoria's local currencies. However, most gamers won't just adopt GameCredits based on its cryptocurrency platform alone, that would be silly to assume. To combat this, there will be incentives to use GameCredits for these purchases across all the games we integrate on. For example, in Fragoria gamers will get discounts for purchasing with GameCredits. For every 4$ purchased of GAME in our wallet they will get an extra 1$ of GAME (this dollar will come from our supply, and therefore won't just be magically appearing). This is just one use case and really the sky is the limit.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:57:12 PM

Good questions and even better replies! Nicely done Jack. The hype is starting to build up now as we are only 2 days away from the Fragoria event! 

Looking forward to everything that will happen these coming days, as plenty of others probably are too.

Will you have continued updates throughout the event, and will they appear on all of your communication platforms? Smiley

Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:17:14 PM

Good questions and even better replies! Nicely done Jack. The hype is starting to build up now as we are only 2 days away from the Fragoria event! 

Looking forward to everything that will happen these coming days, as plenty of others probably are too.

Will you have continued updates throughout the event, and will they appear on all of your communication platforms? Smiley
I, along with the rest of the team, will be working to give you updates and transparency the whole way through. You can look for those in real time on twitter and slack, as well as here, and our various other social media.

We obviously won't send out every little thing that is changing, but everything the community deserves/needs to know will be shared as soon as possible!
cisA

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:41:13 PM

I, along with the rest of the team, will be working to give you updates and transparency the whole way through. You can look for those in real time on twitter and slack, as well as here, and our various other social media.

And if someone dont use suckial media?  Smiley

btc-e.com ->
" eksperteille: vitalik please hardfuck once more"
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:58:18 PM

And if someone dont use suckial media?  Smiley
Slack! Bitcoin talk forum! Those all count, and I highly recommend slack. Bitcoin talk is very very important to us as well. But slack allows us to answer in real time, and provide quick updates.

But we always update our bitcoin talk community as well. That of course will not stop.
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:31:24 PM

For every 4$ purchased of GAME in our wallet they will get an extra 1$ of GAME (this dollar will come from our supply, and therefore won't just be magically appearing).

can those GAME be brought back to any exchanges or is it they can only be used in fragoria
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:27:27 PM

For every 4$ purchased of GAME in our wallet they will get an extra 1$ of GAME (this dollar will come from our supply, and therefore won't just be magically appearing).

can those GAME be brought back to any exchanges or is it they can only be used in fragoria
They can be brought back to an exchange, but we're limiting how many you can buy. It's not like you can put in 4 thousand and sell another thousand instant on the market. There will be limits, and there are several discounts and coupons available only by playing the game. 
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 12:21:22 AM

We obviously won't send out every little thing that is changing, but everything the community deserves/needs to know will be shared as soon as possible!

Yeah I Don't expect updates every other second, you have enough on your plates! Will be nice to read through though. For those of us who can't actually be there Smiley. This is a real physical event, right? Or have I misunderstood it all.. haha.

I enjoy the jump in price btw. Crazy ride from 21 to 36 the other day. I'll still be in though, for a long time! Cheesy

Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:54:56 AM

Yeah I Don't expect updates every other second, you have enough on your plates! Will be nice to read through though. For those of us who can't actually be there Smiley. This is a real physical event, right? Or have I misunderstood it all.. haha.

I enjoy the jump in price btw. Crazy ride from 21 to 36 the other day. I'll still be in though, for a long time! Cheesy
This is 100% a physical event. On December 7th our new payment gateway which has been in development for months will be released. Now of course this is just the beginning, and this will be the slowest time. That means that we might have some options unavailable, and will be fine tuning any bugs/problems that come up. Nevertheless, our API is launching in a large video game, and that alone is an achievement.

As for the price, remember that this is cryptocurrency! I'm sure all of you are familiar with the "sell the news" phenomenon. What goes up, will eventually come down (even if I expect we'll be going up a lot more down the road). I just want to prepare everyone for any likely outcomes Smiley Watch the market, do your research, and don't get stuck either without a bag to hold (because you sold too soon and couldn't get back in), or crushed expectations because of any sort of dump.

That being said, we have an incredible road ahead of us filled with continuous growth and innovation. We at GameCredits can't wait to share our achievements with you!
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 11:33:18 AM

This is 100% a physical event. On December 7th our new payment gateway which has been in development for months will be released. Now of course this is just the beginning, and this will be the slowest time. That means that we might have some options unavailable, and will be fine tuning any bugs/problems that come up. Nevertheless, our API is launching in a large video game, and that alone is an achievement.

As for the price, remember that this is cryptocurrency! I'm sure all of you are familiar with the "sell the news" phenomenon. What goes up, will eventually come down (even if I expect we'll be going up a lot more down the road). I just want to prepare everyone for any likely outcomes Smiley Watch the market, do your research, and don't get stuck either without a bag to hold (because you sold too soon and couldn't get back in), or crushed expectations because of any sort of dump.

That being said, we have an incredible road ahead of us filled with continuous growth and innovation. We at GameCredits can't wait to share our achievements with you!

Wise words regarding price. Yes,  a 'sell on the news' price reaction would be expected shortly.  Possibly the best course would be for the price to remain relatively steady (in a range) over the next few months, for new gamers' confidence in the exchange value.  The effect on gamers behaviour of value changes is hard to predict at this stage.

The key price level will be the next low point reached after the next sell off.  A period of stability would then be healthy. It will be interesting to see the response of gamers : I wouldn't expect to see much over the next few months, but, like mining and all adoption, this is a slow-burn process.
qwerth

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 12:30:32 PM

How would we see actual usage by gamers?
Would we see increase in number of transactions on block explorer OR something else.
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:06:39 PM

How would we see actual usage by gamers?
Would we see increase in number of transactions on block explorer OR something else.
That would absolutely be one indication. Again, adoption could be very slow in the beginning, however after some time as more gamers use game our transaction rate will increase greatly.  

We may also add some metrics to better show these growing numbers, stay tuned. Any updates we have regarding this matter will be shared here, on on our slack:
http://gamecredits.com/slack.html
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:45:48 PM

GAMECREDITS ANNOUNCEMENT! We're currently running a thunderclap giveaway. Meaning if you agree to announce a one time message for us, you are entered into a GameCredits giveaway. We're currently at over 250 supporters, but if we get 400 in three days we will TRIPLE our giveaway to 15,000 GAME!

If you want to support us and join the giveaway sign up here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/50240-gamecredits-launch-in-fragoria?locale=en

There can be three (or more if we get incredible support) winners! Help us announce our December 7th launch in Fragoria!
danielj314

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 07:34:55 PM

Hey GameCredits! I enjoyed your report on the Waves Weekly this week. I hadn't been aware of your project and was intrigued by what you had to say there. It sounds like you have an exciting day tomorrow. I'm impressed with your vision and am glad you are now on my radar screen. Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:15:58 AM

Hey GameCredits! I enjoyed your report on the Waves Weekly this week. I hadn't been aware of your project and was intrigued by what you had to say there. It sounds like you have an exciting day tomorrow. I'm impressed with your vision and am glad you are now on my radar screen. Smiley
Welcome! We greatly appreciate the support, and I loved the opportunity speaking to the waves community. Please stick around, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to field them here or on our slack!
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:04:13 AM

Waves is great, I am a big supporter of Incent and we hope to educate more and more of both the Waves and Incent communities about GAME. Welcome!
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: