Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:01:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131193 times)
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:32:10 PM

I want to share my ETH mining. I mined 40 ETH by a single GPU. I had 1 gtx 970. I mined 4 eths with it and lost gpu due to voltage issue. Then I started mining with a AMD 7950 and mined 30 ETH !!! Yes it took months and I really made profit by selling them. I wish I could hold them. I sold them when ETH was 0.02 or 0.025
I wish I could hold the coins. I would be at least in a great shape. That time I was earning around $2 from a gpu. I want to say, mine and hold. If you can. You will get unexpected reward.

Well partially I got a similar experience. I mined a lot of ETH and sold them at the rate of $10-$20. Now each ETH value is $300. Cry

Cryptos are really, really crazy.

While building my first rig, I also wanted to test my hardware wallet. I've bought ETH from someone while prices were 12 USD. Suddenly price went up to 50 USD and I sold my bag for profit. Later, I've learnt that I should've kept those cheap ETHs. However, it was too late Sad Now, I've hard time deciding whether to hold or sell my mined coins.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fulmand

Activity: 568

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 03:01:32 PM

I want to share my ETH mining. I mined 40 ETH by a single GPU. I had 1 gtx 970. I mined 4 eths with it and lost gpu due to voltage issue. Then I started mining with a AMD 7950 and mined 30 ETH !!! Yes it took months and I really made profit by selling them. I wish I could hold them. I sold them when ETH was 0.02 or 0.025
I wish I could hold the coins. I would be at least in a great shape. That time I was earning around $2 from a gpu. I want to say, mine and hold. If you can. You will get unexpected reward.

Well partially I got a similar experience. I mined a lot of ETH and sold them at the rate of $10-$20. Now each ETH value is $300. Cry

While building my first rig, I also wanted to test my hardware wallet. I've bought ETH from someone while prices were 12 USD. Suddenly price went up to 50 USD and I sold my bag for profit. Later, I've learnt that I should've kept those cheap ETHs. However, it was too late Sad Now, I've hard time deciding whether to hold or sell my mined coins.

I think I also sold too early in the past.
Haidong Liang

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:08:15 PM

I think I also sold too early in the past.

For the good coins like the ETH or ZCash, it is better to hold for the long term.
dadesu

Activity: 378
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:15:17 PM

Mining will be always profitable if you are living in coutry with cheap elctricity  Smiley
And these are just beginings of crypto era, big money just start to be pumped in these job.
Best way to make money is to invest in future, and all experts talking all time that blokchain is future  Wink
That is just my opinion  Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Luwonder

Activity: 62
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:17:56 PM

Mining will be always profitable if you are living in coutry with cheap elctricity  Smiley
And these are just beginings of crypto era, big money just start to be pumped in these job.
Best way to make money is to invest in future, and all experts talking all time that blokchain is future  Wink
That is just my opinion  Cheesy

That is right. That means mining will be concentrated in cheap electricity countries.
cryptoyug

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:44:14 PM

I was wondering if ethereum mining is still profitable. So what do you say?

Is it still profitable to mine ethereum with GPUs and CPUs?

Better to go with zcash , as difficulty increases , profitability decreases.
Zivdafast

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:58:31 AM

The profitability reduced by 60% over the past three weeks.
Sanguintan

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:22:43 PM

That is true. If the price drops another 40%, it is not profitable for me any more.
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:41:59 PM

That is true. If the price drops another 40%, it is not profitable for me any more.

No problem, you should keep your ethereum for the next 3 months when the price returns to normal. May be sold in part to the maintenance of mining tools and utility bills. This is only for a while, then the price ethereum will return to normal.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:51:24 PM

In a few days the difficulty will get jacked up again, so possibility the profit will see a 20% cut.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:30:53 AM

The thing with ETH mining is, they are switching from POW to POS which is a crazy move IMO. Now we have price drop along with difficulty increase  which is a crazy situation again and miners should go through and be patient but wait ... they are waiting for what? Ethereum difficulty bomb and POW becoming worthless?!

It is what going to happen: Ethereum mining will become worthless in few months (ETH price being recovered or not), miners jump to other gpu-friendly altcoins (ETC, ZEC, ... )  and consequently we will be witnessing a HUGE difficulty jump on those chains and a serious profits cut as a result.

Gpu mining is going to die , viva gpu mining.

Astonuse

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:39:28 PM

The thing with ETH mining is, they are switching from POW to POS which is a crazy move IMO. Now we have price drop along with difficulty increase  which is a crazy situation again and miners should go through and be patient but wait ... they are waiting for what? Ethereum difficulty bomb and POW becoming worthless?!

It is what going to happen: Ethereum mining will become worthless in few months (ETH price being recovered or not), miners jump to other gpu-friendly altcoins (ETC, ZEC, ... )  and consequently we will be witnessing a HUGE difficulty jump on those chains and a serious profits cut as a result.

Gpu mining is going to die , viva gpu mining.

For the people with very cheap electricity price, mining is still worth it. For me, it is not worth it.
swalayan

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:11:31 PM

maybe this is time to sell your rig as soon as possible  Grin Grin Grin
stoniestfool

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:04:36 AM

Personnaly i think it still profitable if you have always the gpu and you doesn't need to buy them, cause the difficulty will increase in somedays i think so let's mine now, it is maybe the end of mining profitable !

I think it is still very profitable now.
you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:14:58 AM

Personnaly i think it still profitable if you have always the gpu and you doesn't need to buy them, cause the difficulty will increase in somedays i think so let's mine now, it is maybe the end of mining profitable !

I think it is still very profitable now.
you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.

If you didn't buy gpus over priced then it is still a profitable decision, holding coins is always a good decision and with 31mhs on a gtx 1070 (presumably you can get more), you'll be netting 1.77-1.9$ per day as of current rates, even if you're left with 1.5$ as profit that's an ROI of 200-250 days depending on difficulty if it doesn't bomb as much more. That's a pretty good profit for a passive income business, if you hold coins and they go up, more profit.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:34:47 AM

People are stupid or want to be stupid, mining is not a simple thing, hardware breaks, warranty in most cases dont work, problems occurs like thunders, lightning strikes and you lose all the hardware, you need to replace and buy new ones, some of them will break within 2 months, some within 3 months and so on, so people should never calculate what estimates tell them too and if they do then they are stupid. A ROI of 12 months means 24 months ~ 48 months and in most cases they will not get their money back at all.

Soon the difficulty will increase drastically because of ice age.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:27:10 AM

when people think that ethereum will no longer be profitable and give up, chinese miners will be very happy. Mining centralisation will repeat, following the footsteps of bitcoin.
drrobert

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:51:06 AM

when people think that ethereum will no longer be profitable and give up, chinese miners will be very happy. Mining centralisation will repeat, following the footsteps of bitcoin.

The main problem is many people are not smart, they think "i'll be rich with ETH, it is new gold".
Consider also profit, for European/Us 300/400 $ income monthly are not enought to be a job, on China can be a lot of money of incomming also very cheap elettricity.
Example bitcoins are not minable on West Europe cause elettricity price (0.15 / 0.2 €/khw when CH are near 0.05)
PrinceofPersia994

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:54:20 AM

Not worth it for me at the moment, according to nicehash I would get .30 cents a day after electricity costs with an rx 580. No chance of ROI at all.
Xianantung

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:25:52 PM

Not worth it for me at the moment, according to nicehash I would get .30 cents a day after electricity costs with an rx 580. No chance of ROI at all.

Your electricity price is quite high. If it is less 0.07 dollar/kwh, it is profitable.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: