Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:46:26 AM

Selling 1x32G 1x72G Order #642, DHL + INT shipping.
Mining profits were supposed to pay for Feb wedding. Not gonna happen for me now.
@ Psi
Sorry to hear about the real world consequences of your wedding.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:47:33 AM

Mining profits were supposed to pay for Feb wedding. Not gonna happen for me now.
@ Psi
Sorry to hear about the real world consequences of your wedding.

lol.. he makes it rain dolla dolla billz yo

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:49:22 AM

It'll still happen lol, it just won't be paid with digital dollars, which I thought would have been awesome!

dip
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:01:58 AM

Good news for my GPUs I suppose. Would be most helpful to have one of these companies release a product so I can stop sitting on the fence waiting.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:05:45 AM

that was a rather stupid move to "bank on"... take it to the for sale forum derp derp

I didn't bank on it. I have plenty of money, but it's nice to pay for something with the profits of a fantastical machine.
Derp derp.
What price are you looking to get out of it?
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:06:15 AM

I SMELL COLLUSION
miter_myles

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:07:25 AM

that was a rather stupid move to "bank on"... take it to the for sale forum derp derp

I didn't bank on it. I have plenty of money, but it's nice to pay for something with the profits of a fantastical machine.
Derp derp.

Oh really?  You expected to pay for a Feb wedding with "profits" from 2 bASIC devices?  That would assume you would have re-couped your initial purchase of just under $1700 then added on "profit"Huh derp derp McDerp... better off not buying in the first place derpy

davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:14:11 AM

I SMELL COLLUSION

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collusion

Are you suggesting Tom is in bed with BFL?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:20:57 AM

Oh shit,I just had a visual of Inaba & Tom in bed..............GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:30:07 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 03:08:11 AM by BitSyncom

These fucking companies.. This pisses me off, this is why I despise ASICs
No companies should have power over the mining landscape whose sole market is miners themselves. Fuck this shit!
They are all BS. ASICs will keep getting pushed back n back.... just watch. Probably will be 2014 before they finally make it out and not blowing peoples houses up or something stupid.

Please do not group Avalon with the rest, If you have been reading our thread, we have only moved ahead release dates and not delay / pushed them back.

psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:30:23 AM

Derp derp.

Oh really?  You expected to pay for a Feb wedding with "profits" from 2 bASIC devices?  That would assume you would have re-couped your initial purchase of just under $1700 then added on "profit"Huh derp derp McDerp... better off not buying in the first place derpy

No I didn't expect to pay for a ~$50,000 wedding with mining profits from 2 devices.
But it was supposed to do it's part, and now it won't, so i'd rather have the cash.

From your posts, all you do here is troll and post stupid pictures. So fuck off Tongue.

~Thread railed.

dip
miter_myles

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:37:11 AM

Derp derp.

No I didn't expect to pay for a ~$50,000 wedding with mining profits from 2 devices.
But it was supposed to do it's part, and now it won't, so i'd rather have the cash.

From your posts, all you do here is troll and post stupid pictures. So fuck off Tongue.

~Thread railed.

Hey there Derpalicious.. so putting a for sale Ad in this thread didn't derail it at all? 

Lick my sack Tongue

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:01:24 AM

Has BFL actually given a hard release date yet?
No need, their voodoo dept is working 24/7 to push everybody else two three months in 2013.  Grin
And it's working, dammit!  Grin

Almost a month after BFL. I'm sorry, I really am. I like the competition, but I'm glad I choose BFL.
Josh said yesterday the week of the 11th. I'm REALLY hoping he meant December.  Wink
I think Josh was saying the (later part of) the week of the 11th as when they would get the chips in from the foundry. I wouldn't expect them to ship anything to customers until a week before Christmas.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:53:40 AM

No need, their voodoo dept is working 24/7 to push everybody else two three months in 2013.  Grin
And it's working, dammit!  Grin

Almost a month after BFL. I'm sorry, I really am. I like the competition, but I'm glad I choose BFL.
Josh said yesterday the week of the 11th. I'm REALLY hoping he meant December.  Wink
I think Josh was saying the (later part of) the week of the 11th as when they would get the chips in from the foundry. I wouldn't expect them to ship anything to customers until a week before Christmas.

The "week of the 11th" is also a "fuzzy date", which almost always means the real date is later.  If a "bullet run" took 25 days, how could they possibly do better this time around?

Looks like it's gonna get interesting, with bASIC and Avalon both targeting mid-Jan now.

Then there's still ASICMINER.  I don't think the whole exchange collapsing really impacted their development schedule much if any.  Last I heard their plans are still moving forward.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 04:36:26 AM

I don't really see how the prime investor running off with Shareholder information could not derail their plans, but I'm pretty confused every time I try to read their overly long and winding, un-summarized threads, so I could be way off.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 04:46:02 AM

I don't really see how the prime investor running off with Shareholder information could not derail their plans, but I'm pretty confused every time I try to read their overly long and winding, un-summarized threads, so I could be way off.
They already received the BTC from investors so I don't see why it would cause any delays.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:51:42 AM

That is really bad news. That basically means no ASIC in 2012. No SC, no bASIC and no Avalon.

From the information we currently have and the questions that are still not answered (is the bASIC chip ready and in stock?!), I would not bet on January. BFL ist shifting week by week and from Avalon I don't see much news.

If all three companies are really working on ASIC miners and everything works well, I expect that the first ASIC product is shipped not before March/April 2013.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:29:06 AM

These fucking companies.. This pisses me off, this is why I despise ASICs
No companies should have power over the mining landscape whose sole market is miners themselves. Fuck this shit!
They are all BS. ASICs will keep getting pushed back n back.... just watch. Probably will be 2014 before they finally make it out and not blowing peoples houses up or something stupid.

All I have to say is.....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy!!!!!!!!!!!!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:37:04 AM

BTW if the following Avalon news turns out to be true, I expect a storm of refunds request to hit Tom and BFL. At the moment I think about requesting a refund as long as this will be possible. Currently all ASIC miner companies are burning large amounts of money. When everybody starts to request refund it may be too late...

No delays to see here.
Our demonstration is still scheduled to happen around the end of the year, then soon 1-2 weeks after the demo, Shipping will begin.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 08:16:54 AM

Canceling my orders with everyone (BFL, Basic). Time to go back to the original plan of waiting until someone actually has a product before i even consider ordering. The level of incompetence is mind numbing. Lets see how long people get strung along.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: