Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:51:48 PM

Where is the "tomorrow" update? Cheesy

Tomorrow is always a day away.   Grin

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:33:41 PM

Where is the "tomorrow" update? Cheesy
Tom's kinda famous for "more info coming tomorrow/this weekend/next week/end of the month", and never actually giving out any information. Seriously you'd think all the BFL haters who held up Tom as a shining example of what they wanted BFL to be would have seen the patterns...

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:39:08 PM

Not to mention there are many of us waiting for refunds for several days now.  This is looking more like a complete scam every minute we don't have our money!  It's been days and Tom and Dave keep making excuses about how it takes a while etc.   That's BS, I'm waiting for BTC, why should it take a while?  As far as I know, none of us have received or money back.  (Our money is presumably what Tom is using to pay Dave's salary).   Seriously, why should it take days for a refund?  They keep saying "because there are so many refunds", but how many refunds have they processed since the shit hit the fan?  Zero? 
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:52:45 PM

Tomorrow update is here. Shows hashing ASIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANdvNeLuuDY
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 05:53:56 PM

Tomorrow update is here. Shows hashing ASIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANdvNeLuuDY
[/facepalm]

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
punin

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 05:54:11 PM

You're doing great job advertising your company "pacific bliss". Just because you're panicing doesn't make you right. Tom has honored refunds before. He had thousands of orders. They're not able to handle them in a few days. Just chill like the man in your avatar and you will get your refund in a few days. And regarding your demands of receiving BTC, was the price on the site in BTC? No? Well, then you're out of luck. Your BTC was processed by BitPay, and credited to Tom in USD. Tom can refund you in BTC, but that will probably be through BitPay as well.

The arguments you tried to use for justifying a refund in BTC because BTC happened to rise in value as time passed (and that you would've held those in BTC if you hadn't ordered from Tom), is like demanding Tesla motors to refund your downpayment for a Tesla Roadster to be paid back in same amount of Apple stocks that you had to sell when you made your downpayment.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 06:13:44 PM

You're doing great job advertising your company "pacific bliss". Just because you're panicing doesn't make you right. Tom has honored refunds before. He had thousands of orders. They're not able to handle them in a few days. Just chill like the man in your avatar and you will get your refund in a few days. And regarding your demands of receiving BTC, was the price on the site in BTC? No? Well, then you're out of luck. Your BTC was processed by BitPay, and credited to Tom in USD. Tom can refund you in BTC, but that will probably be through BitPay as well.

The arguments you tried to use for justifying a refund in BTC because BTC happened to rise in value as time passed (and that you would've held those in BTC if you hadn't ordered from Tom), is like demanding Tesla motors to refund your downpayment for a Tesla Roadster to be paid back in same amount of Apple stocks that you had to sell when you made your downpayment.

@Punin how do you know Tom converted my BTC into USD with bitpay?  That's optional.  Why would you even comment if you have nothing but a guess or an assumption, which your passing off as fact?  If I were Tom, I would hold the BTC sent rather than convert, and operate on the $'s sent by most people via cc.  I don't know what he did, I just want my BTC back. 

It's been several days, so far no refunds have been issued, so the "thousands of orders, it takes time" line sounds like total bs.  As far as I know, nobody has received a refund in the last few days, if this isn't a scam, don't you think it would have been in their best interest to get the refunds out FAST, to prevent what remaining customers he has from becoming spooked?  I haven't even received a confirmation of my refund request, none of us have as far as I know.   

I'll let everyone know when I get my BTC back and it turns out Tom is just incredibly slow and not running with my money.  Until then, maybe you can send me the BTC on Tom's behalf if your so confident and I'm just panicking? 
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 08:23:43 PM

It's kind of ironic given the following statement that appeared in the last issue of the largest Canadian news magazine as part of an article on Bitcoin. I coincidentally read the article a couple nights ago before this all blew up.
“For a while, all of the news stories have been quite negative—Ponzi schemes, scams, hacking attacks—and it’s always spun in a negative way,” says Michael Bliss, owner of a massage therapy company in Vancouver that accepts Bitcoins. “It needs to be tested and made stronger from serious attacks,” he says, but adds that it also needs time to develop. “It took the euro years to get in the disastrous state it is right now. We’re in year four of Bitcoin.”

Maybe giving it a few days to sort itself out would be reasonable?
MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:00:06 PM

It's kind of ironic given the following statement that appeared in the last issue of the largest Canadian news magazine as part of an article on Bitcoin. I coincidentally read the article a couple nights ago before this all blew up.
“For a while, all of the news stories have been quite negative—Ponzi schemes, scams, hacking attacks—and it’s always spun in a negative way,” says Michael Bliss, owner of a massage therapy company in Vancouver that accepts Bitcoins. “It needs to be tested and made stronger from serious attacks,” he says, but adds that it also needs time to develop. “It took the euro years to get in the disastrous state it is right now. We’re in year four of Bitcoin.”

Maybe giving it a few days to sort itself out would be reasonable?

Hey cool, I haven't seen that!  Can you link that article?  Yes, giving it a few days is exactly what I'm doing. I believe in bitcoin's long term future still btw.   Though it seems currently, the scammers are running amok.  Even if bASIC is delivered by "the ASIANS" somehow, that doesn't change the reality that Tom / cablepair lied to his customers for months, to keep them from refunding their money - is that not a scam?   
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:03:49 PM

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/01/02/why-bitcoin-is-the-banking-industrys-newest-biggest-threat/
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:14:36 PM

Get over it.  This guy is running with your money.  He doesnt have enough to refund everyone.  He probably has more refunds then whats left in the account.  The good thing about this is that people with credit card orders can prosecute him for fraud if he doesnt return their money.
MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:20:57 PM

Get over it.  This guy is running with your money.  He doesnt have enough to refund everyone.  He probably has more refunds then whats left in the account.  The good thing about this is that people with credit card orders can prosecute him for fraud if he doesnt return their money.

I suspect (ok hope) I'll get my money.  I'm not going to make any predictions on whether or not the project is completed, or whether or not people will get their refunds back in March if they miss another deadline.   
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:21:04 PM

+1

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:24:23 PM

Considering that a decent number of people think you're hashking, I personally don't give any weight to anything you say when discussing scammers.
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:31:56 PM

Not sure why people think Im someone else but that is there problem.
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:35:04 PM

Considering that a decent number of people think you're hashking, I personally don't give any weight to anything you say when discussing scammers.

Are you trying to deter attention from Tom's fuck up.  Are you one of his butt buddies.   He deserves the same attention every scammer gets on here.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:40:42 PM

I would assume because hashking had a large farm of X6500s and MMQs which he was constantly asking for help with. After he got scammer tagged and people kept asking where his equipment was and why it wasn't being liquidated, he stopped asking for help in late October and just posted in his lending thread.

Coincidentally, you showed up in late October as well, asking for help running your X6500s and MMQs pretty much exclusively after getting out of newbie jail. That, other than a brief stopover to tell people that they should make sure that they're chasing the right guy, and showing some previously unknown foreclosures and possible CC fraud charges against hashking to show he was broke.
I don't have a horse in this race but I did do some internet snooping on the name listed in the thread and it looks like hashking already has some lawsuits filed against him for credit cards and foreclosed properties.  I hope you guys are going after the right person, because if this is him you guys will be throwing good money to chase money you might never get.  
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:46:08 PM

I would assume because hashking had a large farm of X6500s and MMQs which he was constantly asking for help with. After he got scammer tagged and people kept asking where his equipment was and why it wasn't being liquidated, he stopped asking for help in late October and just posted in his lending thread.

Coincidentally, you showed up in late October as well, asking for help running your X6500s and MMQs pretty much exclusively after getting out of newbie jail. That, other than a brief stopover to tell people that they should make sure that they're chasing the right guy, and showing some previously unknown foreclosures and possible CC fraud charges against hashking to show he was broke.
I don't have a horse in this race but I did do some internet snooping on the name listed in the thread and it looks like hashking already has some lawsuits filed against him for credit cards and foreclosed properties.  I hope you guys are going after the right person, because if this is him you guys will be throwing good money to chase money you might never get.  

You can think whatever you want.  I really dont have to explain myself.   Good luck with your scammer buddy Tom. 
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 09:50:59 PM

You can think whatever you want.
Thanks, I will.
  I really dont have to explain myself.
That's true, you don't.
Good luck with your scammer buddy Tom. 
Thanks, good luck with your super duper 100% guaranteed fund.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 11:14:43 PM

You can think whatever you want.  I really dont have to explain myself.   Good luck with your scammer buddy Tom. 
Mining isn't really fun anymore, is it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: