Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 12:59:42 AM

Not sure why people think Im someone else but that is there problem.
I would assume because hashking had a large farm of X6500s and MMQs which he was constantly asking for help with. After he got scammer tagged and people kept asking where his equipment was and why it wasn't being liquidated, he stopped asking for help in late October and just posted in his lending thread.

Coincidentally, you showed up in late October as well, asking for help running your X6500s and MMQs pretty much exclusively after getting out of newbie jail. That, other than a brief stopover to tell people that they should make sure that they're chasing the right guy, and showing some previously unknown foreclosures and possible CC fraud charges against hashking to show he was broke.
I don't have a horse in this race but I did do some internet snooping on the name listed in the thread and it looks like hashking already has some lawsuits filed against him for credit cards and foreclosed properties.  I hope you guys are going after the right person, because if this is him you guys will be throwing good money to chase money you might never get.  

You can think whatever you want.  I really dont have to explain myself.   Good luck with your scammer buddy Tom. 
Mining isn't really fun anymore, is it?

Mining has actually become a bigger risk then it is worth at this point.  There really isn't a company available that you can buy equipment from with confidence.  The only one that hasn't really messed up yet is avalon, but only time will tell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LazyOtto

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 01:13:56 AM

Mining has actually become a bigger risk then it is worth at this point.
Only if you've got new money outstanding on pre-orders.

If all your capital investment is already expended on delivered equipment, and your ROI has already hit an acceptable loss to positive point, then watching the ASIC drama unfold is alone sufficient entertainment.

Tongue
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 04:22:56 AM

Not sure why people think Im someone else but that is there problem.
I would assume because hashking had a large farm of X6500s and MMQs which he was constantly asking for help with. After he got scammer tagged and people kept asking where his equipment was and why it wasn't being liquidated, he stopped asking for help in late October and just posted in his lending thread.

Coincidentally, you showed up in late October as well, asking for help running your X6500s and MMQs pretty much exclusively after getting out of newbie jail. That, other than a brief stopover to tell people that they should make sure that they're chasing the right guy, and showing some previously unknown foreclosures and possible CC fraud charges against hashking to show he was broke.
I don't have a horse in this race but I did do some internet snooping on the name listed in the thread and it looks like hashking already has some lawsuits filed against him for credit cards and foreclosed properties.  I hope you guys are going after the right person, because if this is him you guys will be throwing good money to chase money you might never get.  
You can think whatever you want.  I really dont have to explain myself.   Good luck with your scammer buddy Tom. 
Mining isn't really fun anymore, is it?
I long for the day when mining is commonplace, and BTC can be used to buy almost anything. In the meantime, mining is a risk, and there's no bigger risk ATM than pre-ordering ASIC hardware. I find it exciting! I've had my bets placed with my company of choice for 7 months now, and it's slowly winding down to the day when they either pay off, or they don't.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:00:21 AM

You're doing great job advertising your company "pacific bliss". Just because you're panicing doesn't make you right. Tom has honored refunds before. He had thousands of orders. They're not able to handle them in a few days. Just chill like the man in your avatar and you will get your refund in a few days. And regarding your demands of receiving BTC, was the price on the site in BTC? No? Well, then you're out of luck. Your BTC was processed by BitPay, and credited to Tom in USD. Tom can refund you in BTC, but that will probably be through BitPay as well.

The arguments you tried to use for justifying a refund in BTC because BTC happened to rise in value as time passed (and that you would've held those in BTC if you hadn't ordered from Tom), is like demanding Tesla motors to refund your downpayment for a Tesla Roadster to be paid back in same amount of Apple stocks that you had to sell when you made your downpayment.

So it turn out you were wrong.  I accept your apology. 
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:20:21 AM

You can think whatever you want.
Thanks, I will.
  I really dont have to explain myself.
That's true, you don't.
Good luck with your scammer buddy Tom. 
Thanks, good luck with your super duper 100% guaranteed fund.

Looks like you will be able to pay your buddy Tom a visit in Jail now. 
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

Thanks, I will.
That's true, you don't.

1. The chances of Tom ending up in jail over a failed BTC venture when outright scammers like Pirate, Hashking, Andrew Nolan, BTC Guy, etc etc haven't been prosecuted.
2. Tom is not my buddy, I'm a former customer of his. I just disprove of morons and scammers, of which I believe you are one.
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 06:50:19 PM

Thanks, I will.
That's true, you don't.

1. The chances of Tom ending up in jail over a failed BTC venture when outright scammers like Pirate, Hashking, Andrew Nolan, BTC Guy, etc etc haven't been prosecuted.
2. Tom is not my buddy, I'm a former customer of his. I just disprove of morons and scammers, of which I believe you are one.

Tom took credit cards for payment if those do not get refunded under US law that is wire fraud a federal crime that is frowned upon, BTC they don't give a tinkers damn about it...
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:08:30 PM

Tom took credit cards for payment if those do not get refunded under US law that is wire fraud a federal crime that is frowned upon, BTC they don't give a tinkers damn about it...
On top of this, if Tom doesn't have enough money to pay all the credit card refunds then the credit card processor he's using gets to cough up the rest personally, and they're going to be seriously pissed if that happens.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 08:52:23 PM

Thanks, I will.
That's true, you don't.

[Serious Question:

Will Visa and Mastercard actually pay out all those huge sums of money for each individual customer?

If the merchant account is dry then I can only assume they will have to pick up the tab.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 09:39:34 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2013, 09:55:09 PM by Bogart

[Serious Question:

Will Visa and Mastercard actually pay out all those huge sums of money for each individual customer?

If the merchant account is dry then I can only assume they will have to pick up the tab.

In October 2011, I ordered two tickets The Bond Fire festival, which was to take place December 30 2011.

A few days before the event, the organizers canceled the whole thing and promised full refunds to all:

http://www.jambands.com/news/2011/12/30/promoters-cancel-the-bond-fire-festival

Despite my multiple emails and voicemails, I got no refund.

In February 2012 I filed a chargeback.  They had to investigate some, and said that usually they don't do a chargeback after 90 days, but because it was for event tickets and the event was more recent, they approved it.  I had the funds credited in 5 days or so.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 09:43:51 PM

Thanks, I will.
That's true, you don't.

+1.  He committed fraud.  So the time he was planning on spending with his family, he will now be spending it with big bubba in a jail cell. 
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 10:05:29 PM

+1.  He committed fraud.  So the time he was planning on spending with his family, he will now be spending it with big bubba in a jail cell.  

Yeah, that totally happened to Sonny when he committed fraud on a much larger scale.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 10:19:24 PM

Thanks, I will.
That's true, you don't.

+1.  He committed fraud.  So the time he was planning on spending with his family, he will now be spending it with big bubba in a jail cell. 
If he committed fraud. His ASIC venture failing does not constitute fraud. Now, if it turns out that he used the customer's preorder funds to pay for the project without informing them, then it would be fraud.
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 10:58:40 PM

+1.  He committed fraud.  So the time he was planning on spending with his family, he will now be spending it with big bubba in a jail cell.  

Yeah, that totally happened to Sonny when he committed fraud on a much larger scale.

Your talking white collar commercial fraud them types usually get negotiated settlement pleas whereas the regular joe who rips off the credit card company goes to jail. I don't think we would find Tom among the great thinkers who had actual depth in the plan that would create some doubt in the mind as to what exactly happened like them commercial types come up with. You know the type where the prosecutor gets to think well we can spend years and how many millions of dollars doing this or we can get plea agreement and be done with it.
segabtc

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:33:30 PM

requested refund for my orders from btcfpga.com. Can't figure out what is about to happen and if they go under, you loose your money. So If I dont hear back in 48 hours then I will do a chargeback.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:20:45 PM

requested refund for my orders from btcfpga.com. Can't figure out what is about to happen and if they go under, you loose your money. So If I dont hear back in 48 hours then I will do a chargeback.

Let me travel thro times and call you dumbass in advance.

kthnxbye
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:29:53 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2013, 03:03:28 AM by gmaxwell

EDIT (by gmaxwell): Picture removed— it's more than a little tasteless, save the pitchforks for a least a couple days of non-payment…

I wonder who will be replacing him in this picture after they haul his ass off to jail.  Hopefully he takes good care of your family.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 02:37:25 AM

I wonder who will be replacing him in this picture after they haul his ass off to jail.  Hopefully he takes good care of your family.
Calm down.  There isn't any evidence that Tom is not making a good faith effort to refund every order.  If he was running away, why would he refund $200k of orders, wire more money to the merchant account, and pay some employees first?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:28:46 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2013, 07:42:15 AM by senseless

Calm down.  There isn't any evidence that Tom is not making a good faith effort to refund every order.  If he was running away, why would he refund $200k of orders, wire more money to the merchant account, and pay some employees first?

I requested my refund on Jan 6. I have not received a BTC refund or a CC refund. I have sent numerous emails to multiple email addresses, and have even CC'd the potential investor on the most recent ones. I was told by dave I would receive a refund within 24 hours on Jan 11, and have not heard a word since then (and of course no refund has appeared on my MC, or in my BTC accounts.) To make sure he received my messages, I even sent dave a number of PM's in the forum. I'm pretty much just being blatantly ignored. People after me (who requested refunds after Jan 6) say they have received them.

Order #1331 & #1723 .... Waiting.....

Funny, whenever someone requests a refund with my services I send it to them within 24 hours, and typically within an hour. C'est la vie? *shrug*

Edit: My BTC order #1331 is "Refund Requested". My CC order #1723 is "Ready to Ship".

Edit: Also, these were all sent from gmail. So unless gmail is broken, there is nothing wrong with my email.

Edit: I submitted my paperwork for a chargeback on Jan 14.

Edit: these were all ordered on btcfpga, not the newer bitcoinasic website.

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 08:08:58 AM

Let me travel thro times and call you dumbass in advance.

kthnxbye

Please don't blame the victim, he is acting in good faith. Reserve your vitriol for Tom who caused this mess.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: