Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:26:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:35:59 PM

The people around me ignore many facts about Bitcoin and crypto currencies in general

I tried with some friends to teach them how it works
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 05:55:37 PM

They don't really think that much.. Because they have never bothered to actually find out what it is.

It just means that they are not interested in bitcoin..Probably they are not in front of their computer the whole day...Most of those who are working in real life day job, might not be interested in bitcoin as they are earning big enough..
I do not think so. Because Bitcoin can be more flexible to be a part-time or  just for time pass also. I have seen many full-time job holders are very much interested and doing with the Bitcoin investment very keenly.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Genius Einstein

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:18:53 PM

I think that most of the people around me probably do not even know bitcoin or are to scared to do so. Some of the people around me are probably bitcoiners but i probably would not even know as people do not like talking about bitcoin in public

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:29:27 AM

past year my brother said bitcoin is scam, but now he have more bitcoin than me.
Lol. Yes that is the success of bitcoin, making a blamer into follower. It is very nice that your brother in quick time got more bitcoins than you. I wish you both work together with plan of some investments and mining kind of works for a better future for both of you.
I'm also wishing for some friends to discus/work together bitcoin related things. It would be very helpful if a brother also interested in to bitcoin ecosystem. Really I do not have anyone to discuss about some new trends with the bitcoin and to get more knowledge about Cryptocurrency.
jkrules

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:00:48 AM

I think that most of the people around me probably do not even know bitcoin or are to scared to do so. Some of the people around me are probably bitcoiners but i probably would not even know as people do not like talking about bitcoin in public

Many people around me don't know anything about Bitcoin right now...
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:27:05 AM

My friends say that it's a good way to save your money and make some money, but also do they think it is to complicated and it takes to long.
But I have the patient and I will prove them that it is pretty easy. 
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:04:19 AM

most of my friends think that bitcoin is just a huge waste of time and money lol. ive tried telling them that bitcoin is just like any other currency but just more volatile than the others. the argument that they make is that bitcoin is used for tons of illegal things and i cant really argue with that.
what kind of friends you have?they really oldschool,maybe you must show to them what can you get from bitcoin,and show to them what can you buy with bitcoin,tell them also,that every currecny have potential to used for illegal things or activities.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:07:38 AM

The people around me ignore many facts about Bitcoin and crypto currencies in general

I tried with some friends to teach them how it works

As my friends watch me do gambling, they believe that its a coin that can be used in gambling.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:10:30 AM

I did not see anyone among my relatives and friend who know anything about cryptocurrencies or bitcoin. and I am not interested in explaining it to them because people hate what they do not know and they will not understand how btc works
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 08:11:38 AM

Yes, I've noticed this too.  Most people I talk to believe that bitcoin is an illegal thing so they don't feel comfortable talking about.  Some are receptive when I talk to them about the technology but not many.  Those who are receptive, however, are still too nervous to take the next step and download a client.  At this point in its evolution, it takes a special mind to actively experience the power of bitcoin.  I was also afraid to mess with bitcoin at first; in fact, I reformatted my hard drive once, filled it up with video, and then reformatted again to get rid of any trace of my very first wallet because I thought the feds were coming....LOL
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:09:50 PM

I did not see anyone among my relatives and friend who know anything about cryptocurrencies or bitcoin. and I am not interested in explaining it to them because people hate what they do not know and they will not understand how btc works

that's right..people who don't understand bitcoin would never really like it..Most probably their mind is focus on their traditional way of doing things in real life...But if we tell them the benefits that we enjoy having a bitcoin, It may change their minds..
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:52:59 PM

that's right..people who don't understand bitcoin would never really like it..Most probably their mind is focus on their traditional way of doing things in real life...But if we tell them the benefits that we enjoy having a bitcoin, It may change their minds..

Bitcoin should be introduced to them in the best an positive way then only we can expect that people will switch to bitcoins, or else it will be very difficult to convince them.
jak1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:12:51 PM

The most people do not even know the bitcoin, my parents are knowing it now because I told them about it and they are thinking its pretty nice.
The even think it could be the future, what I'm also thinking due to the point everything is gonna be digital.

Most of the people don't know about this currency , but those who know , know the real value of this greatest invention .
The most important factor is it is the People currency for the people only.
fredashton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:15:17 PM

The most people do not even know the bitcoin, my parents are knowing it now because I told them about it and they are thinking its pretty nice.
The even think it could be the future, what I'm also thinking due to the point everything is gonna be digital.

Most of the people don't know about this currency , but those who know , know the real value of this greatest invention .

It will take a lot of time before everyone would know what bitcoin is and they are afraid of the unknown if it is not in the news or magazine they wont try it.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:15:40 PM

Bitcoin should be introduced to them in the best an positive way then only we can expect that people will switch to bitcoins, or else it will be very difficult to convince them.

People must be willing to do it. If people do not have any interest in Bitcoin then it will be very difficult.

When you convince them to try Bitcoin and they like it, then everything will be much easier for them to adopt Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:16:23 PM

Yeah majority of the people are not aware about the bitcoin at a moment,and people who know they don't want to invest their money into it as they have a fear of loosing everything.
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:45:43 PM

Them thinking negatively about it is probably better than them not having any knowledge about it at all, I seen few people in my area that know what bitcoin is but wasn't successful in explaining it to any friends, They did not even know about silkroad or the topic the media was covering for months.
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:58:28 PM

Them thinking negatively about it is probably better than them not having any knowledge about it at all, I seen few people in my area that know what bitcoin is but wasn't successful in explaining it to any friends, They did not even know about silkroad or the topic the media was covering for months.

I think people don't take bitcoin seriously and reason is that they are not aware about the benefits attached with it, and that is the reason they have negative attitude towards it.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:50:52 PM

So last night I was at a party and I happened to overhear some friends talking about, what else, bitcoin. I couldn't help but smile as they talked about how much bitcoin each of them had recently bought. The excitement on their faces and in their voices as they gabbed on and on about it and what each of them thought about prices and the halving and using bitcoin for whatever.

The funny thing about all this is that these are the same friends I had introduced - or rather, tried to introduce - bitcoin to over three years or so ago. At which time I was met with deep skepticism and apprehension, as if I were some kind of Amway salesman from the planet Neptune or a Scientology recruiter or some such. Needless to say, I was quite amused by this change of heart on their part. I wanted to make some kind of snarky remark referring to the time when I first told them about bitcoin, but instead I just held my tongue and welcomed them to the bitcoin club.

Of course, they only vaguely remember me "mentioning" something about bitcoin to them years ago, anyway.  Roll Eyes

I did ask them what it was that finally convinced them to look into bitcoin and ultimately pull the trigger on buying some. They all basically replied along the lines of, "I did my own research on bitcoin. It seemed that it might possibly be something, so I bought some just in case." Another added that one of her tech-savvy friends had told her about bitcoin and that it was "legit." I was like, "Oh, cool," and left it at that and let the conversation go on from there about bitcoin current events.

It may have taken a while, but I'm genuinely happy that at least some of my friends are now invested and learning more about bitcoin.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 10:57:11 PM

While discussing with some friends one of them said that there is a new kind of money like paypal but it;s called bitcoin and i was like 'wow', people are thinking positively about bitcoin, not like others that think that bitcoin is only used by hackers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: