Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:16:22 PM

I think most people I know, don't know about the existence of bitcoin.
yes same here.
people in my neighborhood dont know and always ask same question "what is bitcoin?" Sometimes I am disgusted to listen it  Huh Huh

That's the truth, most people worldwide don't even know anything about Bitcoin till now, and that is why the Bitcoin's community have to advertise this crypto currency everywhere
relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:29:02 PM

yes same here.
people in my neighborhood dont know and always ask same question "what is bitcoin?" Sometimes I am disgusted to listen it  Huh Huh

I think only people who have much time on pc or internet that know about bitcoin. And people around me also don't know about bitcoin. Even i tell them i can earn free money with it, they also don't care about it.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:31:16 PM

yes same here.

I think only people who have much time on pc or internet that know about bitcoin. And people around me also don't know about bitcoin. Even i tell them i can earn free money with it, they also don't care about it.

The people don't interest about it because they ignore it as you noticed, the comunity have to advertise this currency a little bit more.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:19:24 PM

yes same here.

That's the truth, most people worldwide don't even know anything about Bitcoin till now, and that is why the Bitcoin's community have to advertise this crypto currency everywhere
It will be funny if you advertise a currency to public, it's like "hey come on use dollar to buy stuff online".
It will turn weird, the only way you introduce bitcoin to public or people around you are with make them jealous you have done something great used bitcoin. Concrete example : show them how flexible sending / receiving money from any place in the world, I'm sure they will think good about bitcoin.
KibouDice

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:59:13 PM

I don't know if it has been already a talk about this before. But is it a good link where to get good marketing of Bitcoin like something for free?
It seems to me like there is not much. Maybe I am misinformed or haven't been looking in the right place?

Like, I mean, not memes or anything, but images to use in presentations and recordings to promote Bitcoin.

Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:07:17 AM

yes same here.
people in my neighborhood dont know and always ask same question "what is bitcoin?" Sometimes I am disgusted to listen it  Huh Huh
it is normal that they do not know bitcoin. bitcoin is not so popular. bitcoin only famous in online business only. even many internet users who do not know what is bitcoin. so it is better to focus on the adoption of internet users in advance. made famous in the bitcoin internet first
delliaerd

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:54:24 AM

yes same here.
people in my neighborhood dont know and always ask same question "what is bitcoin?" Sometimes I am disgusted to listen it  Huh Huh
it is normal that they do not know bitcoin. bitcoin is not so popular. bitcoin only famous in online business only. even many internet users who do not know what is bitcoin. so it is better to focus on the adoption of internet users in advance. made famous in the bitcoin internet first

Indeed bitcoin don't popular in the most of people around me too. Even they don't accustomed to use dollars to buy or pay something.
But if I tell them about bitcoin and say that bitcoin can earn by free, they will starting to use that  Grin

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

xxxDD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:09:52 AM

People around me dont even know that bitcoin is exist,
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:23:39 AM

Most people have no idea what it is.
The ones that do just talk about how it is used on the deepweb to do illegal things.
It has a general bad image among people who don't know much about it.
xxxDD

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:47:07 AM

Most people have no idea what it is.
The ones that do just talk about how it is used on the deepweb to do illegal things.
It has a general bad image among people who don't know much about it.

That's completely true, Bitcoin have been used for illegal activity more than legal one.
This make other think bitcoin is bad
CiaraB

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:18:13 AM

I'm in Ireland.

Most people around me know what bitcoin is but seem quite impartial. There's a small group for it in my friends and a small group of other friends against it.

They debate it quite regularly and both sides, I have to say make really valid points. It makes for good debating. Smiley
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:31:52 AM

yes same here.

People around me were not aware of bitcoin. Recently I encountered with a hope of spreading easily. I explained to a person who is unaware of technology but interested in internet. I explained various details about bitcoin and showed him ongoing high value transactions. He got astonished and said he too needs to be a part of it later.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:54:25 AM

of course, they may not even the first time you hear the word "bitcoin" it was very reasonable for the deployment of bitcoin has not yet reached the whole world
so that's why your friend did not know about bitcoin

xxxDD

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:09:19 AM

of course, they may not even the first time you hear the word "bitcoin" it was very reasonable for the deployment of bitcoin has not yet reached the whole world
Yeah but when it reach the whole world, bitcoin price will probably increase a lot because of the increase of the demand

So the early bitcoiner will get rich Smiley
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:18:44 AM

Yeah but when it reach the whole world, bitcoin price will probably increase a lot because of the increase of the demand

So the early bitcoiner will get rich Smiley

Me also my neighbor dont know what bitcoin is they dont know it is existing. Even bank teller here in my place dont know the bitcoin . Because i ask the banker how to transfer my btc into my bank account and they dont know what bitcoin is and they think im weird :3. Buts its oas long as we earn bitcoin maybe someday bitcoin will be known to more people globally.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:45:49 AM

Them thinking negatively about it is probably better than them not having any knowledge about it at all, I seen few people in my area that know what bitcoin is but wasn't successful in explaining it to any friends, They did not even know about silkroad or the topic the media was covering for months.

I think people don't take bitcoin seriously and reason is that they are not aware about the benefits attached with it, and that is the reason they have negative attitude towards it.
Yes most of the people do not consider bitcoin as a serious money. I believe this is just due to the lack of knowledge about internet and how the viritual money is working. Time will teach them new technology.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:51:43 AM

Them thinking negatively about it is probably better than them not having any knowledge about it at all, I seen few people in my area that know what bitcoin is but wasn't successful in explaining it to any friends, They did not even know about silkroad or the topic the media was covering for months.

I think people don't take bitcoin seriously and reason is that they are not aware about the benefits attached with it, and that is the reason they have negative attitude towards it.
Yes most of the people do not consider bitcoin as a serious money. I believe this is just due to the lack of knowledge about internet and how the viritual money is working. Time will teach them new technology.

Many people think in terms of physical money when they are talking about money.

What I hear quite a lot is that they say "I can't hold it in my hands, so it's not money" which makes me find them super ignorant. It's dumb.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:56:47 AM

Many people think in terms of physical money when they are talking about money.

What I hear quite a lot is that they say "I can't hold it in my hands, so it's not money" which makes me find them super ignorant. It's dumb.

Googled for "define money" and "define coin".

a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.

a flat, typically round piece of metal with an official stamp, used as money.

Theoretically, they are right to say that Bitcoin is not money because they cannot hold it in their hands - Bitcoin is just a digital product that have monetary value.

However, I have to agree with you that they are still wrong. Simply because Bitcoin is the money of the future. Hopefully, the definition for 'money' will change sometime later. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1313

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:40:16 AM

You're absolutely right. Most people think that physical money is the only way to make a living. In fact they can get extra income from virtual currencies, but of course they need to learn about technology. But time will not teach them unless they realize it.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
delliaerd

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:15:35 AM

You're absolutely right. Most people think that physical money is the only way to make a living. In fact they can get extra income from virtual currencies, but of course they need to learn about technology. But time will not teach them unless they realize it.

Quite sure, The most of people in my country looking for local currency as a living.
They still didn't know about bitcoin or other Cryptocurrency. Someone must let they know what's the bitcoin and Cryptocurrency is it. Maybe they will make extra income with that.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: