Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation  (Read 88294 times)
LEOcoin member

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:28:25 AM

Lol GTFO with your pyramid scheme. Once the SEC gets wind of this it will be your asses.

You know a direct selling company isn't the same thing as a pyramid scheme? There are lots of normal direct selling companies out there. I've had family who worked with Avon and lots of big companies and they're all registered.

Seems you just don't like the coin, but cant give any evidence that there is a scam happening. Who is being scammed and how?
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:50:31 AM

P.S. the leocoin people i've met doesn't even know bitcointalk

This is a good sign as these forums are a niche at best and not remotely representative of the real world.

yes..we are still few, but it is also shows that people are into pyramiding without enough knowledge in crypto currencies...these people is what leocoin is exploiting..and when i asked the leocoin people i've met they told me there is no premine, but leocoin is significantly premined.

Hi, I've done some more searching and I can't find anywhere evidence of what you're saying. Look at coinmarketcap there's no hidden thing about any premine. Not sure you're thinking about the right coin.

coinmarketcap

https://www.leoxchange.com/

leo exchange is what leo pyramiders shows to people, any hint about the premine there? coz the leocoin group that I talked to don't know that ...and marketcap is 7.7M euro ...it fuels the greed of noobs and get exploited haha

anyway..if it is backed by a company corporation..what is the status of leocoin development? what did you developed? innovations? this wasn't even the first scrypt-jane coin.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:19:51 PM

leo exchange is what leo pyramiders shows to people, any hint about the premine there? coz the leocoin group that I talked to don't know that ...and marketcap is 7.7M euro ...it fuels the greed of noobs and get exploited haha

anyway..if it is backed by a company corporation..what is the status of leocoin development? what did you developed? innovations? this wasn't even the first scrypt-jane coin.

https://github.com/Leocoin-project/LEOcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1031
int64 GetProofOfWorkReward( int nHeight, uint256 prevHash)
{

// LEOcoin block size.
        int64 nSubsidy = 20 * COIN;
        if(nHeight < 10)   
        {
                nSubsidy = 0.1 * COIN;      
        }
        else if(nHeight >= 11 && nHeight < 61)
        {
                nSubsidy = 1000000 * COIN;
        }   
    return nSubsidy;
}

50 million premine and so far 15.7 million coins were mined in ~785k blocks.

It's clear that it's not meant for crypto-savvy people but I'm still curious what will happen to this coin. I suspect the company behind it can and probably will push the price back up where it was months ago, maybe even push it to an ATH to pull more people in.

Not your keys, not your coins!
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:57:10 PM

50 million premine and so far 15.7 million coins were mined in ~785k blocks.

It's clear that it's not meant for crypto-savvy people but I'm still curious what will happen to this coin. I suspect the company behind it can and probably will push the price back up where it was months ago, maybe even push it to an ATH to pull more people in.

leaving crypto-savvy people behind..and looking from the eyes of non crypto-savvy it is just a coin with a company..

so what is this company? what did they produce? coins?(premined? haha  Grin)....all money goes to marketing and no development.

this is software not soap. with a soap pyramiding scheme, at least you can wash your ass clean.

I think there you can see on Marketcap about mined coins. But if you will read carefully OP you will noticed that 50M  (5%)coins was premined and 10M coins is now in posession of LEOcoin Fundation for developing and promoting coin.
As i can remember for example MTC - Marine coin was prmined 97% and much other coins was premined more then 5% and later dumped on exchange from Dev.
Is coin which you can mine and sell on public exchnage scam or company who develop coin? Coin is public, you can mine, sell and i hope in future we will have websites where you will be able to pay with LEOcoin.
There are other coins on market which i would call scam..... Onecoin, Mcoin also MLM piramide sheme, without pools, without public exchange, you need to buy pay for some packages and you get coins in backoffice. That is for me scam not LEOcoin which you can mine if you want and noone force you to joijn MLM of company if you dont want.

of course you can compare it to other scam coins which are worse..but a scam is still a scam..

so if you can mine a coin it is not a scam? LOL

of course no one forces anyone to join MLM of company but i can warn noobs that this is bad for them and noobs doesn't even know what a premine is.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:23:40 PM

So you will have always clean ass, that is good. Smiley

you seem acquainted already to this leocoin MLM...

what is this company up to? any roadmap for development?

what set this coin apart from other coins?
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 03:39:52 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 04:02:21 PM by LEOcoin Foundation

@all

Thank you for all your replies. I admit that as LEOcoin Foundation we do not think that LEOcoin is a scam, but it remains unclear to me, how an algorithm could be a scam anyway. And it is - obviously - easier to scam a company, a coin or a person, as to create, support and develop a cryptocurrency into adulthood and world wide acceptance and use. Yet, it is those last things we are after. In this regard I have a few short remarks:

First I wish to point out, that this thread is about LEOcoin, the cryptocurrency that can be mined, purchased and sold on the internet without needing any company, product or registration with an official body.

Second, the task of the LEOcoin Foundation is to support the development of LEOcoin and other legitimate digital currencies. As such, representants of the LEOcoin Foundation have been speaking with members of the British Government, US Congress and local policy makers too, like e.g. the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson MP, Chairman of UK Committee on Financial Technology, Adam Afriyie MP, or last week Congressman Steve Stockman, from Texas and Congressman Mick Mulvaney from South Carolina in the Capitol buildings of Washington DC.

In the near future, I will make a list of meetings, symposiums and publications concerning LEOcoin, that we as LEOcoin Foundation hold relevant for the cryptocurrency community.

Third, the LEOcoin Foundation, who currently holds at least 10 million LEOcoins is not actively trading LEOcoin on any exchange, nor do we wish to do so. As on any exchange where trading takes place, people agree about the price of the commodity, but not on its value. This said, I would like to add a personal remark: in my view, LEOcoin is currently undervalued.

Fourth, LEOcoin aspires to be a cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs. Miners, who build rigs, write config files and trade their rewards in order to pay their energy costs are also entrepreneurs who act and make decisions to improve their life. Building something up takes time and is best done together. Anyone is free to join the LEOcoin community, or not.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Community Manager
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:14:23 PM

@all

Thank you for all your replies. I admit that as LEOcoin Foundation we do not think that LEOcoin is a scam, but it remains unclear to me, how an algorithm could be a scam anyway. And it is - obviously - easier to scam a company, a coin or a person, as to create, support and develop a cryptocurrency into adulthood and world wide acceptance and use. Yet, it is those last things we are after. In this regard I have a few short remarks:

First I wish to point out, that this thread is about LEOcoin, the cryptocurrency that can be mined, purchased and sold on the internet without needing any company, product or registration with an official body.

Second, the task of the LEOcoin Foundation is to support the development of LEOcoin and other legitimate digital currencies. As such, representants of the LEOcoin Foundation have been speaking with members of the British Government, US Congress and local policy makers too, like e.g. the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson MP, Chairman of UK Committee on Financial Technology, Adam Afriyie MP, or last week Congressman Steve Stockman, from Texas and Congressman Mick Mulvaney from South Carolina in the Capitol buildings of Washington DC.

In the near future, I will make a list of meetings, symposiums and publications concerning LEOcoin, that we as LEOcoin Foundation hold relevant for the cryptocurrency community.

Third, the LEOcoin Foundation, who currently holds at least 10 million LEOcoins is not actively trading LEOcoin on any exchange, nor do we wish to do so. As on any exchange where trading takes place, people agree about the price of the commodity, but not on its value. This said, I would like to add a personal remark: in my view, LEOcoin is currently undervalued.

Fourth, LEOcoin aspires to be a cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs. Miners, who build rigs, write config files and trade their rewards in order to pay their energy costs are also entrepreneurs who act and make decisions to improve their life. Building something up takes time and is best done together. Anyone is free to join the LEOcoin community, or not.

it is not about the algorithm, it is about being a copy-paste altcoin, it is about what's new that you brought on the table..all coins without innovations are scams. this is software not soap

and what will the leocoin foundation gonna talk about with these politicians?

entrepreneurs? i can't speak for them...but i can speculate-> they want a the most innovative coin out there, and with the innovation comes adoption.(leocoin doesn't have both)

unless people want MLM , pyramiding on a coin  Grin (and call them entrepreneurs  Grin)

LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 07:37:41 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 07:52:43 PM by LEOcoin Foundation

@arielbit

It are your words, and you can roar at LEOcoin as you wish - after all, arie means lion (comp. Archangel Ariel: Lion of God) - but unless we come to a more constructive dialogue, I regard my previous post regarding the task of the LEOcoin Foundation as sufficient.

Regarding copy paste strategy - and I am not stating LEOcoin is such a concept - this is normal business practice, with A- and B-brands and all kind of clones of franchise concepts etc., what counts is that you find a unique selling point. Perhaps the fact that LEOcoin Foundation speaks with politicians and business owners about the relevance of cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs, online payments, micro-payment and such, can on itself - and again I am not claiming it is - be a difference. After all, in marketing, products and brands are defined in different ways. For some a concept like, say cryptocoins, is very strongly oriented towards the engineering process, for others innovation can also contain a distribution strategy or even packaging.

As you say, you cannot speak for entrepreneurs, maybe you are simply not seeing the potentials of LEOcoin and too afraid because of certain concepts and alternatives, but you may. You may also question motivations, that is where forums like this are for.

@all

LEOcoin Foundation is a non-profit organisation; we did not create LEOcoin, nor sell any products with whatever distribution method, but are aiming to support the successful market acceptance of LEOcoin and stress the advantages of digital currencies. Please understand that we cannot speak for and on behalf of third parties.

Thanks for your responses and questions, give me some time and I will try to answer them, when we can.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOCoinClub

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:48:01 PM

First of all like to congrat fo LEOcoin fundation for this tread. Finaly. Smiley

LEOcoin Foundation
Let see what LEOcoin fundation and LEOcoin will bring us in future. I support coin and i hope will get better price.
Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
Dont worry about Arielbit he is troll. He post 714 post and he will continue to shit on all coins, not only on LEOcoin.

Find nice articles about him:
Top 5 Trolleros :
All confirmed to be heavily invested in Monero and thinking that it's Dash faults, but it's only their fault because well nothing new there, the new version is only to resolve problems and make it usable, no innovation nothing more than make it USABLE)

shItEater (confirmed Fascist) (confirmed scammer hashfast) (confirmed insulting too)
arielbit (confirmed lowest troll level ever) (confirmed stupid problem with rat)
smoothie (confirmed spammer and heavily bag holder of moronero) (confirmed spammer with 5 post in a shoot)
DrkLvr_ (confirmed stupidest and aggresive)
smooth (UNconfirmed dev of moronero)
So msg to Arielbit, noone take you seriously anymore, you can write what you want.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

What are the future plans of LEO to prevent further price degradation? As usual the project started out to be pretty optimistic but since September LEO is diving hard to the point that now is pretty much worthless and the trend seem to continue.
Granted, not many people around here knew about LEO up until a multipool added it and it's not on any of the usual and trusted exchanges but still, are there anything worthwhile planned in the future for this coin or is it just a futile last ditch effort to pump the price?

I'm waiting for an answer on this. 

It's hard to take a coin seriously when its price is only going down.

Also, are there any plans of adding this coin to well known public exchanges?

Not your keys, not your coins!
kiffner

Activity: 505

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:18:53 PM

What are the future plans of LEO to prevent further price degradation? As usual the project started out to be pretty optimistic but since September LEO is diving hard to the point that now is pretty much worthless and the trend seem to continue.
Granted, not many people around here knew about LEO up until a multipool added it and it's not on any of the usual and trusted exchanges but still, are there anything worthwhile planned in the future for this coin or is it just a futile last ditch effort to pump the price?

no need for more exchanges at the moment, both existing are quite  trusted exchanges.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:39:04 PM

First of all like to congrat fo LEOcoin fundation for this tread. Finaly. Smiley

LEOcoin Foundation
Let see what LEOcoin fundation and LEOcoin will bring us in future. I support coin and i hope will get better price.
Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
Dont worry about Arielbit he is troll. He post 714 post and he will continue to shit on all coins, not only on LEOcoin.

Find nice articles about him:
Top 5 Trolleros :
All confirmed to be heavily invested in Monero and thinking that it's Dash faults, but it's only their fault because well nothing new there, the new version is only to resolve problems and make it usable, no innovation nothing more than make it USABLE)

shItEater (confirmed Fascist) (confirmed scammer hashfast) (confirmed insulting too)
arielbit (confirmed lowest troll level ever) (confirmed stupid problem with rat)
smoothie (confirmed spammer and heavily bag holder of moronero) (confirmed spammer with 5 post in a shoot)
DrkLvr_ (confirmed stupidest and aggresive)
smooth (UNconfirmed dev of moronero)
So msg to Arielbit, noone take you seriously anymore, you can write what you want.

that post is about DASH, me exposing their scam LOL

HAHA..your copy-paste non innovative scam coin is making me want to buy heavily premined scam coins with innovations.

dig all my post and you will see i'm not a trollero, a DASH shill just happen to label me one because they prefer to label critics to one..it is more convenient for them (monero-DASH rivalry)

and quit this Leocoinclub sock puppet accounts, leocoinmember, leocoin this and that people are gonna get confused to whom they are talking to  Grin

and it is not an article btw, it is a forum post... leocoin rats  Wink
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:11:19 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 12:22:18 AM by arielbit

@arielbit

It are your words, and you can roar at LEOcoin as you wish - after all, arie means lion (comp. Archangel Ariel: Lion of God) - but unless we come to a more constructive dialogue, I regard my previous post regarding the task of the LEOcoin Foundation as sufficient.

Regarding copy paste strategy - and I am not stating LEOcoin is such a concept - this is normal business practice, with A- and B-brands and all kind of clones of franchise concepts etc., what counts is that you find a unique selling point. Perhaps the fact that LEOcoin Foundation speaks with politicians and business owners about the relevance of cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs, online payments, micro-payment and such, can on itself - and again I am not claiming it is - be a difference. After all, in marketing, products and brands are defined in different ways. For some a concept like, say cryptocoins, is very strongly oriented towards the engineering process, for others innovation can also contain a distribution strategy or even packaging.

As you say, you cannot speak for entrepreneurs, maybe you are simply not seeing the potentials of LEOcoin and too afraid because of certain concepts and alternatives, but you may. You may also question motivations, that is where forums like this are for.

@all

LEOcoin Foundation is a non-profit organisation; we did not create LEOcoin, nor sell any products with whatever distribution method, but are aiming to support the successful market acceptance of LEOcoin and stress the advantages of digital currencies. Please understand that we cannot speak for and on behalf of third parties.

Thanks for your responses and questions, give me some time and I will try to answer them, when we can.

translation: talk all you want, i think this conversation is over, we say what we say.

kinda nifty way to end a conversation  Grin

Regarding copy paste strategy - and I am not stating LEOcoin is such a concept - this is normal business practice, with A- and B-brands and all kind of clones of franchise concepts etc.

look at altcoin grave yard (announcement thread, pages of dead shitcoins), that is already a failed concept.

what counts is that you find a unique selling point. Perhaps the fact that LEOcoin Foundation speaks with politicians and business owners about the relevance of cryptocurrency for entrepreneurs, online payments, micro-payment and such, can on itself - and again I am not claiming it is - be a difference.

for politicians, bitcoin is the spearhead on this, bitcoin is huge enough for people in government/corporations/banks to notice....still you can talk to the politicians, nobody hinders you.

After all, in marketing, products and brands are defined in different ways. For some a concept like, say cryptocoins, is very strongly oriented towards the engineering process, for others innovation can also contain a distribution strategy or even packaging.

so this is where MLM comes in, the pyramiding scheme....leocoin is not geared towards engineering but distribution and packaging

you have a distribution method -> MLM, product leocoin

of course we can mine this, but only if the coin is profitable enough to dump on  Wink

ROAR!

and thanks for this one..

after all, arie means lion (comp. Archangel Ariel: Lion of God)
I have now and idea for my user logo...a lion  Cheesy
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:14:26 AM

apparently you did not hit a nerve with your posts

ROAR!  Cheesy
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:11:44 AM

As i said early i made btc with leo coin, when the price was right, and it was good for mining because low voltage cost. Now the price of leo is in well.
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 08:57:41 AM

@ariel

so this is where MLM comes in, the pyramiding scheme....leocoin is not geared towards engineering but distribution and packaging

To make this indubitably clear, LEOcoin as a cryptocurrency is created by computational hardware, as a virtual currency it has no physical packaging and no one can distribute it, as the coins fall random. Whatever someone does with its CC once they are mined is another issue. But also in this case your accusations are not build on evidence, as the LEOcoin Foundation is not selling products of whatever kind, not even merchandising of LEOcoin Fan products, but you would not been interested it that anyway, would you?

Unless you post something I regard useful for the readers of this thread, I will refrain from further interaction, as up to now, you have only shown biased opinions and uttered nonconstructive accusations that fail to proof a fact. You are free to do so, but I no longer feel obliged to use my time and resources on posts that more resemble spam as that they show a heart for the community of this forum.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin member

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:12:43 AM

Hi - I don't know the complete answer to that. What I have heard from the company is that between January 16 - January 20 2016 there are three new announcements coming that should have an impact on LEOcoin and adoption and use. What I have heard is that there are two announcements about specific new projects and a third one about LEOcoin.

That's over one month away from today, so who knows if all those announcements are ready yet or not, but they will have to do at least something then, because they've talked about it so much.

Exchanges - I use leoxchange there's also one called leobit - I've never used it, but looks okay. I'm not a massive trader, but leoexchange works for me to buy a little and sell a little, would be good for coin though to get on others as well - I guess we have to go vote for it to join or something?
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:15:31 AM

Leobit exchanges is ok, works fine.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:46:36 PM

@ariel

To make this indubitably clear, LEOcoin as a cryptocurrency is created by computational hardware, as a virtual currency it has no physical packaging and no one can distribute it, as the coins fall random. Whatever someone does with its CC once they are mined is another issue. But also in this case your accusations are not build on evidence, as the LEOcoin Foundation is not selling products of whatever kind, not even merchandising of LEOcoin Fan products, but you would not been interested it that anyway, would you?

Unless you post something I regard useful for the readers of this thread, I will refrain from further interaction, as up to now, you have only shown biased opinions and uttered nonconstructive accusations that fail to proof a fact. You are free to do so, but I no longer feel obliged to use my time and resources on posts that more resemble spam as that they show a heart for the community of this forum.

I know very well what a crypto currency is, I've been here quite a while..at least verify to the readers if leocoin is doing MLM or pyramiding scheme.

Because I met leocoin people with physical leocoin coin, with laptops with leocoin powerpoint presentations and leocoin videos who does.

yes or no?

of course i have no evidence because after i met them i didn't come back to get papers or shit from them to become a member (I'm not convinced), but if i got one..I'm coming back for you leocoin foundation/club/member/sock puppets, and we'll have a little party here at bitcointalk  Cool
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

@ariel

..at least verify to the readers if leocoin is doing MLM or pyramiding scheme. Because I met leocoin people with physical leocoin coin, with laptops with leocoin powerpoint presentations and leocoin videos who does.

I do believe, there are people promoting LEOcoin, but LEOcoin is a cryptocurrency: it is not doing anything, nor is it physical. Perhaps you have seen a USB-stick, or other promotion material, like they were displayed to the press at the opening of the official LEOxChange in London (UK).

Like with BTC, also LEOcoin has many friends and supporters that each can act by promoting LEOcoin, offer RIGs for rent or take LEOcoin as payment. This is what the LEOcoin Foundation does support, but again, that is not LEOcoin-people, but the use of LEOcoin by people.

When I mention phrases like "Mt.Gox" or "Silk Road", it does not show that BTC would be a Ponzi-scheme, or that Bitcoin-people would be criminals, but only that cryptocurrencies can be attacked or used for things that are not acceptable or even harmful to the general public.

You accusations are not proving anything, other than that you for some reason have a problem with LEOcoin, regardless of the genuine efforts and evidence that speaks against your accusations. This will be my final post to you. If you have serious and relevant information, you can contact me by PM. I will rather focus my attention on worthwhile contributions.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: