Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Betting on sport = gambling?
Yes - 149 (80.1%)
No - 14 (7.5%)
Professional betting is not a  myth - 23 (12.4%)
Total Voters: 186

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Betting on sport = gambling?  (Read 13311 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1139

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:55:14 AM

yes of course its the same and i agree with that because there is money inside the games and we know that. but for the chances to get winning is more big for betting on sport than gambling.
But in my experience there are lots of possibilities to win big even in other types of gambling. I mean to say I am able to win big in almost all types of gambling not just with sports betting. I am unable to differentiate sports betting from some other gambling types because I do see the risk levels and profit levels are same across these two.

Actually it depends upon the odds you choose on gambling but sportsbetting has same risk to other types of gambling, Best example for these scenario is when you set 50% winning percentage on dice site and choosing 2.0 odds on sportsbetting. If you analyze carefully you have both a chance to win on both game for 50/50 ratio, Because their have same win chance, They just differ on the methodology of winning process
I do agree bet on sports is same as gambling and the chance quite good to win it due to we already analyze the game and players, in the other hand another type of gambling like dice need more cautious and strategy to win even you set the odds and 50:50% chance, the results seems unpredictable and we can't say for sure it's provably fair as it's what the sites told you.
Sports betting is indeed a gambling since there is a money involve on such games.I agree with you it much better that those games does fully rely on luck like dice games and slot games. Being cautious and strategy wont work on dice games because results are fully random unlike on sports betting which we could able to increase the winning chance by analyzing a particular team.

ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:18:35 PM

yes of course its the same and i agree with that because there is money inside the games and we know that. but for the chances to get winning is more big for betting on sport than gambling.
But in my experience there are lots of possibilities to win big even in other types of gambling. I mean to say I am able to win big in almost all types of gambling not just with sports betting. I am unable to differentiate sports betting from some other gambling types because I do see the risk levels and profit levels are same across these two.
Gamblers do differentiate sports betting and other gambling only based on the risk levels and possibility of using knowledge and experience. As long as you are able to gamble profitably across sports betting and other gambling then there will not be any differences between them. But this will not be the case for most of the gamblers here.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:27:02 PM

Gamblers do differentiate sports betting and other gambling only based on the risk levels and possibility of using knowledge and experience. As long as you are able to gamble profitably across sports betting and other gambling then there will not be any differences between them. But this will not be the case for most of the gamblers here.
You are right. I am not profitable with dicing but with sports betting. So these two types of gambling are not same for me. Moreover sports betting is similar to trading and sports betting is not a gambling type in my personal opinion.

But I do bet on only one sport and I am an expert there, that may be the reason I'm able to make profits from sports betting. But I go for dicing and slots and making losses with them all the times.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:55:19 PM

You are right. I am not profitable with dicing but with sports betting. So these two types of gambling are not same for me. Moreover sports betting is similar to trading and sports betting is not a gambling type in my personal opinion.

But I do bet on only one sport and I am an expert there, that may be the reason I'm able to make profits from sports betting. But I go for dicing and slots and making losses with them all the times.
You mean to say if we gamble only one type then we will be getting chances to be profitable like you are betting on only one sport and making profits ?

I do not think so because usually dice gambling is based on luck and even you are always playing dicing there will not be any surety that you will get profits in long run.

But that will be the case with the sports betting, in long run you will get chances to make more profits from sports betting.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:28:09 PM

You mean to say if we gamble only one type then we will be getting chances to be profitable like you are betting on only one sport and making profits ?

I do not think so because usually dice gambling is based on luck and even you are always playing dicing there will not be any surety that you will get profits in long run.

But that will be the case with the sports betting, in long run you will get chances to make more profits from sports betting.

I don't think he said that at all. He said he could get profit from sports betting, and thus he does not consider it the same as gambling. One of the reasons he said, that would make that happen, is that he only bets on what he is very good at, so that's why he gets profit from it. He never said that was also prossible in gambling, actually, on his example, even playing dice (that is only one game), he said he can't profit from it.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:42:20 PM

These are actually two different types of gambling and because of this we are seeing that much difference in the profit and lose. You may have noticed easy and hard method in every field so in the same way betting is an easy way of gambling while other games are something hard ways of gambling that is why it is hard to win on these games.
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:48:57 PM

The possibility isn't big in any game.. It's a small chance no matter what game you're playing. What you need to understand is that you have to manage your money correctly and not play with more than what you can afford to lose. It's the most critical thing you have to do, which if mistaken or forgotten about, it can lead to changing your life the bad way.

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:12:36 PM

Yes sports betting and other gambling are completely different and I'm not ready to accept both are same. Sports betting will be profitable only if you are having knowledge there otherwise you will also make losses in sports betting.
If we are facing losses in sports betting then what will be the difference from other gambling and sports betting.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:38:20 AM

Yes sports betting and other gambling are completely different and I'm not ready to accept both are same. Sports betting will be profitable only if you are having knowledge there otherwise you will also make losses in sports betting.
If we are facing losses in sports betting then what will be the difference from other gambling and sports betting.
Because sports betting is fun so we are hooked to it, honestly under my perception, I would not mind losing in gambling as long as I enjoy the game and that is sports betting. Besides, the main purpose of gambling is just for entertainment so we should have that no matter what is the outcome.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:26:44 PM

sports betting and other gambling are completely different and I'm not ready to accept both are same. Sports betting will be profitable only if you are having knowledge there otherwise you will also make losses in sports betting.
Losses in both sports betting and other gambling will not define as these two types are same. There are a lot of other different characteristics will tell us that sports betting and gambling are complete different.

Sports betting is based on a player's skill and other gambling are based on probability and permutation. In my opinion like these there are a lot of differences existing.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:21:15 PM

Yes, there is a money inside the game, You onlu can gambling if you have a money, also you only can betting if you have a money, Gambling is not gambling without money, also betting is not betting without money. Gambling is a game when you place a bet of money on it. Gambling without money is just an ordinary game.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:42:13 PM

sports betting and other gambling are completely different and I'm not ready to accept both are same. Sports betting will be profitable only if you are having knowledge there otherwise you will also make losses in sports betting.
Losses in both sports betting and other gambling will not define as these two types are same. There are a lot of other different characteristics will tell us that sports betting and gambling are complete different.

Sports betting is based on a player's skill and other gambling are based on probability and permutation. In my opinion like these there are a lot of differences existing.
Agree. There are many differences between gambling and sports betting. You do not need to be a master to recognize the differences. In sports betting, if you have enough skills in analyzing and checking the matches, you will definitely have 80% of winning in those games. While in gambling, you will only gain up to 50% if you have both skills and experience
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:06:10 PM

There is people that make a good living by gambling in sort bets. It's not the same as full on gambling, you can really study hard teams and their statistics and try to decide what to do. In the roulette or slots or dice, you cannot research anything contextual beyond pure raw statistics of the amount of times you play.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:52:24 PM

There is people that make a good living by gambling in sort bets. It's not the same as full on gambling, you can really study hard teams and their statistics and try to decide what to do. In the roulette or slots or dice, you cannot research anything contextual beyond pure raw statistics of the amount of times you play.
Honestly in my own i can't live in gambling because there is no assurance that actually you can make a good earnings in gambling.. maybe for others but i think they are no always win and make a good profit in gambling it is too risky that you can gamble there with large amount that can gives you large win profit if you lose you can be lose a large .. Everything in gambling is more on luck that skills or experience..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Finestream

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:00:27 AM

Honestly in my own i can't live in gambling because there is no assurance that actually you can make a good earnings in gambling.. maybe for others but i think they are no always win and make a good profit in gambling it is too risky that you can gamble there with large amount that can gives you large win profit if you lose you can be lose a large .. Everything in gambling is more on luck that skills or experience..
Some can make a living with gambling but majority of as can't as we do not have the skills they have. Since most of us are losers our loses goes to the gambling sites which make them richer. In other words, we are not choosing the right battle as we are fighting a losing battle, thus accepting the reality helps as instead of rooting for money, enjoying in gambling would be a more positive approach.

bitstealth

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:08:40 AM

I also confused to know who are these people who are rely on sports betting for their living. Sports betting is also part of gambling where we put our money on risk how can we get assurance of guaranteed profit. Sports Betting is combination of experience and luck but we have chance to make profit.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:37:24 AM

Betting on sport = gambling?
Please write your mind.

According to me Sports Betting is a Part of Gambling Where we are Betting Our Money on Different Sporting Events to expect to double or triple money and also the the risk involves in betting as same in gambling.
So I think that Betting is Not fully Gambling but a major part of Gambling.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:55:39 AM

Please write your mind.

According to me Sports Betting is a Part of Gambling Where we are Betting Our Money on Different Sporting Events to expect to double or triple money and also the the risk involves in betting as same in gambling.
It's obviously gambling because there's a value of money involved already. If there's no money involve then we can call it as a game only but time is different now, we like to make it more fun by putting our bets to satisfy our self by getting the reward of our hard work in analyzing games. In fact, it's one of the favorites in gambling, sports betting is very interesting hence making it popular for the punters.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
justdimin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:31:06 PM

Please write your mind.

It's obviously gambling because there's a value of money involved already. If there's no money involve then we can call it as a game only but time is different now, we like to make it more fun by putting our bets to satisfy our self by getting the reward of our hard work in analyzing games. In fact, it's one of the favorites in gambling, sports betting is very interesting hence making it popular for the punters.
Yes a sport betting without money maybe considered as NOT gambling. When a game with money and also goes up and down like uncertain head or tail game then why not we call it gambling. Sport betting has all the characteristics of gambling and all the risks also.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:59:24 PM

Please write your mind.

Oke, Here is my answer. For me, Betting is gambling, I repeat Betting is gambling. Gambling and betting are two same things. So for me Betting on sport is also gambling. Simple for me.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: