Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201080 times)
Kingno.1

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:35:55 PM

how can i partcipate in the @op. I am not a devloper. And whats the last date of applying for this
Rago

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:03:30 PM

THIS IS THE NEW HOMERO COIN I MEAN NEW PAYCOIN SCAM SHIT COIN LOL
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 07:31:16 PM

how can i partcipate in the @op. I am not a devloper. And whats the last date of applying for this

You can go to https://decred.org and fill in the airdrop form. Let me know if you have problems with it. You can sign up until right before the launch date - but this is tentative as Jan 18th. Obviously a good idea to get in early because waiting that late could cause problems with correspondence between the project and yourself.
msfeg

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:33:37 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 02:14:51 PM by msfeg

THIS IS THE NEW HOMERO COIN I MEAN NEW PAYCOIN SCAM SHIT COIN LOL

say a user with trust -16  Grin
btw, all alts are clones  Wink

im in for the airdrop  Cool
eugenex

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:45:38 PM

Credit - Debit .... just wait... and again boom  

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Kingno.1

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:51:17 PM

You can go to https://decred.org and fill in the airdrop form. Let me know if you have problems with it. You can sign up until right before the launch date - but this is tentative as Jan 18th. Obviously a good idea to get in early because waiting that late could cause problems with correspondence between the project and yourself.
and what should i type in online activity on the signup forum?
decred (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:23:04 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 08:49:22 PM by decred

and what should i type in online activity on the signup forum?

You need to enter a link to an online account (can be a forum account with activity) so that the project can confirm you're a person, essentially.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:33:58 PM

Just for my curiosity, and not only Smiley - could you please tell how many people already applied..? Thanks!

... this space is not for rent ...
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:44:36 AM

This has been a loong time coming, gentlemen.  I am glad to see it finally taking shape outside of the idea phase.  Consider me watching this very closely.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:38:10 AM

"Online presence with reasonable activity"
I filled this form by link to my profile in one of social network, is it right ?
and it would be nice to get an email confirmation, but nothing
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:39:27 AM

Ok, so it is pretty clear what Decred will be at launch. I have one question though, what is the "roadmap" for Decred or does one exist at all? If not, should one exist? It will have self-funding development, development of what though? Obviously, by design the stakeholders choose but it may be good to have a clear direction to start with to avoid conflict/controversies early on.

I would refer you to my latest thread to give you a good starting point: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1285787.0

I value pretty much every option in my poll. Cool

It seems people on the forums value the following more so than other features:

High Scalability
High Transaction Speeds
Privacy / Anonymity
Mobile Wallets
Decentralized Exchanges
Decentralized Markets

Is Decred an "anti gizmos and gadgets" or "kiss" kind of project, or will it fully embrace decentralized blockchain technology and remain experimental/innovative in its future development?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:09:35 AM

lol  Cheesy
wallet dont sync .

I think It hasn't launched yet ...
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

This has been a loong time coming, gentlemen.  I am glad to see it finally taking shape outside of the idea phase.  Consider me watching this very closely.

Welcome back and nice to see you again! Make sure you sign up for airdrop, in case you missed it.

indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:16:29 AM

Well done guys on getting to this stage after all this time,

I always believed you had the ability to  bring something new to the table

got myself signed up and best wishes for the future
zpu

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:13:27 PM

Watching.
sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:13:46 PM

Ok, so it is pretty clear what Decred will be at launch. I have one question though, what is the "roadmap" for Decred or does one exist at all? If not, should one exist? It will have self-funding development, development of what though? Obviously, by design the stakeholders choose but it may be good to have a clear direction to start with to avoid conflict/controversies early on.

I would refer you to my latest thread to give you a good starting point: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1285787.0

High Scalability
High Transaction Speeds
Privacy / Anonymity
Mobile Wallets
Decentralized Exchanges
Decentralized Markets

Is Decred an "anti gizmos and gadgets" or "kiss" kind of project, or will it fully embrace decentralized blockchain technology and remain experimental/innovative in its future development?

I think that people confuse innovation with new technology rather than solving existing problems. IMO this field of cryptocurrency is still very new and evolving. This is a complex technology which has many layers, so there is lots of innovation to be had in optimizing already existing code/technology. My view would be to involve Dave Hudson from HashingIt (http://hashingit.com/about-hashingit-com) or someone similar, who can provide right direction or at least some scientific data to decide right direction. We can't make decisions based on idealogy/emotions/greed & speculation but on data & Constitution of decred that is already available.

Also, I don't think any cryptocurrency should try to become a quick payment method if it conflicts with the core principle/strength of bitcoin/decred because its simply inefficient for that purpose by design. If a solution can be found that works alongside what we already have i am pretty satisfied with my tx times. As the decred blog says, some people invested in bitcoin have there own agenda/vision for it which conflicts with decentralization. I don't understand obsession with adoption/payment processing without proper scaling solution. There has to be some profit, financial or not, motive for this crazyness.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:36:51 PM

watching closely Smiley
decred (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 04:33:18 PM

I think that people confuse innovation with new technology rather than solving existing problems. IMO this field of cryptocurrency is still very new and evolving. This is a complex technology which has many layers, so there is lots of innovation to be had in optimizing already existing code/technology. My view would be to involve Dave Hudson from HashingIt (http://hashingit.com/about-hashingit-com) or someone similar, who can provide right direction or at least some scientific data to decide right direction. We can't make decisions based on idealogy/emotions/greed & speculation but on data & Constitution of decred that is already available.

Also, I don't think any cryptocurrency should try to become a quick payment method if it conflicts with the core principle/strength of bitcoin/decred because its simply inefficient for that purpose by design. If a solution can be found that works alongside what we already have i am pretty satisfied with my tx times. As the decred blog says, some people invested in bitcoin have there own agenda/vision for it which conflicts with decentralization. I don't understand obsession with adoption/payment processing without proper scaling solution. There has to be some profit, financial or not, motive for this crazyness.

One thing the project is experimenting with is setting up a proper web platform geared toward discourse and voting so we as a community can engage and interact in a constructive way - all around the specific notion of software development. There are some really great open-source development efforts in this space, so it's likely Decred will draw on some of these actively maintained packages. Will post an answer to CoinHoarder's question since there is a proper roadmap of things the software absolutely needs, that will share nearly unanimous agreement. That may be a good starting point. But you can imagine with a proper platform, any other development party (or individual) can come along and choose a feature implementation proposal - and get paid for that work. No need to rely on donations and see it stagnate. The project will have continued development from day 1. Finding a way to connect the community to that process using a platform in a constructive way will be excellent, since that'll mean there'll always be a public and transparent pulse of the community-technology interface in the system.
sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

One thing the project is experimenting with is setting up a proper web platform geared toward discourse and voting so we as a community can engage and interact in a constructive way - all around the specific notion of software development. There are some really great open-source development efforts in this space, so it's likely Decred will draw on some of these actively maintained packages. Will post an answer to CoinHoarder's question since there is a proper roadmap of things the software absolutely needs, that will share nearly unanimous agreement. That may be a good starting point. But you can imagine with a proper platform, any other development party (or individual) can come along and choose a feature implementation proposal - and get paid for that work. No need to rely on donations and see it stagnate. The project will have continued development from day 1. Finding a way to connect the community to that process using a platform in a constructive way will be excellent, since that'll mean there'll always be a public and transparent pulse of the community-technology interface in the system.

Thanks for replying, i am quite curious about how we can engage most of the community instead of just techies, i mean it has to be some sort of tiered approach so that anyone can come in with a crude idea w/o any technical/coding perspective and then community can help convert it into something like a BIP for bitcoin. Although we need lot of explanatory material to bridge the gap between tech & non-tech crowd because one has to put effort into understanding how things work to make a good proplosal. Without good articles/how-to/video of inner working of things we might easily alienate a lot of people.
decred (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 07:25:22 PM

High Scalability
High Transaction Speeds
Privacy / Anonymity
Mobile Wallets
Decentralized Exchanges
Decentralized Markets

To give you a quick rundown of what Decred will need to work on immediately after launch:

- Sync from btcd (there is a new db branch that brings impressive gains - substantial overhaul of the database layer)
- Native wallet GUIs for Windows, OS X, *nix, and *BSD (there is a native framework being worked on)
- Payment processing from dcr to fiat and support for dcr exchanges (e.g., ShapeShift, Poloniex, etc.)

A key point to remember is that these targets shouldn't take more than a few months, otherwise it's easy to get bogged down if the initial roadmap is too lofty in real terms. Building out from the fundamentals will be a lot more interesting once it's multi-stakeholder too - see what other development parties bring to the table and setting up a communication platform to see what the community wants done (where voting can occur as well).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: