Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:23:52 PM

I haven't followed as closely as I'd like, can someone explain what is the effective hard-fork voting feature that will be delivered with the next release?
A summary example of a fork voting sequence would be great. Much thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:13:18 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 11:27:38 PM by EmilioMann

I think 500k levels are possible, within the near future. Depending on how release goes.

Only 500k?
Are you wanting more cheap coins?
Decred has the potential to worth at least the same as dash, xmr, and eth.
And not just me who thinks it, Charlie Lee, director of coinbase and creator of litecoin too

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:31:50 PM

I think 500k levels are possible, within the near future. Depending on how release goes.

Only 500k?
And not just me who thinks it, Charlie Lee, director of coinbase and creator of litecoin too

It's really hard to agree with Mr. RockCoin™ on a view on a project you actually have high hopes on, but meh, I actually do.
DCR got a bit of attention recently. But my guess is that we haven't even seen the main action, yet.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:02:17 AM

Only 500k?

It's really hard to agree with Mr. RockCoin™ on a view on a project you actually have high hopes on, but meh, I actually do.
DCR got a bit of attention recently. But my guess is that we haven't even seen the main action, yet.

Decred is written from scratch in a language different from all other currencies (golang) and at the same time fully compatible with bitcoin and lightning network.

Take a look at github and see everything that has been developed in silence, where lay people and investors cann't see.

Now the bases are very well built and 2017 will be the year that features will be implemented. Have you taken a look at roadmap?

Haven't you seen action yet? Then stay tuned for next week. The first decentralized vote through the blockchain will be carried out on testnet.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:13:26 AM

It's fundamentally good in long term but in short to mid term one has to be careful in this post bubble territory and be ready to spend some time underwater.
Alexoz

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

One World

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 04:40:11 AM

It's coming soon everything under $5 is a good buy!

nigttran

Activity: 435

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:18:16 AM

DCR volume is low on Poloniex.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:06:21 AM

Only 500k?

Decred is written from scratch in a language different from all other currencies (golang) and at the same time fully compatible with bitcoin and lightning network.

Take a look at github and see everything that has been developed in silence, where lay people and investors cann't see.

Now the bases are very well built and 2017 will be the year that features will be implemented. Have you taken a look at roadmap?

Haven't you seen action yet? Then stay tuned for next week. The first decentralized vote through the blockchain will be carried out on testnet.
My intention was not to say that nothing happened so far. I was just trying to say that we're likely to get an interesting year with much to come.

Because yes, I did take a look at the roadmap. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
B8888

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:34:17 PM

These stand out to me:

1. Decred has a unique codebase, written from scratch in Golang.

2. Decred is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization with self funding and governance built directly into its blockchain.

+ HF Voting *a first in any cryptocurrency

+ Apparently a new approach to privacy will be announced in the coming months

This could be a hidden gem that few people know about still. Founded by Company0 (the btcsuite developers who are well respected in the bitcoin space), Decred seeks to solve many of the issues the bitcoin blockchain is currently facing, such as consensus and governance.

Looking at the top coins on Poloniex, I think this coin could at the least see 500k Satoshi. It IMO is already much more valuable than some coins above it. I think if you are looking for a point to get in I would wait until 0.8 release drops. See how the markets react, and hop on board. I got lucky enough to get in near the ATL so I will be holding this coin for life or to 1 sat.
B8888

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:49:56 PM

Anyone have some insight on when the best time to buy tickets now is, and how to estimate fees?

It looks like there are four points per cycle on the oscillating ticket price graph: 40, 80, 120, and 80 DCR, approximately. I've heard that fees go insane when ticket price hits that low point around 40ish, but I'm not seeing any fee info on dcrstats or in wallet with getstakeinfo command or whatever.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated...

To avoid the fee wars, I'd suggest buying in the 40's and 50's range. These will usually go through even at the default/minimum ticketfee.
Lower ticket prices
What are these tickets?

Tickets are the mechanism by which PoS works. You buy tickets which allow you to vote when your ticket is included in a block, and then also get some bonus DCR when you vote.

So at times it can be unprofitable to stake ? If the ticket price is too high? ...still trying to learn all of this.
gtzanap

Activity: 409

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:58:35 PM

Tickets are the mechanism by which PoS works. You buy tickets which allow you to vote when your ticket is included in a block, and then also get some bonus DCR when you vote.

So at times it can be unprofitable to stake ? If the ticket price is too high? ...still trying to learn all of this.

If you are worried that you may actually lose coins because the price is too high then no. Whatever the price is, you get it back along with the bonus.
They only way to lose is if the ticket does not stake. In that case you get the price back but no bonus and you lose the transaction fee for the ticket purchase.

There is another theoretical case but it is extreme. It might be that you pay a transaction fee higher than the stake bonus. But that can't happen unless you put the fee too high on purpose.

Some people put a very high fee to buy tickets when the price is very low. Its the only way because higher paying fees get purchased first. Even in that case, at most, the fee they pay is about half the ticket bonus and depending on the low price of the ticket (to allow you to buy more tickets by locking the same amount of coins) it may or may not be worth it.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
B8888

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:08:39 PM

If you are worried that you may actually lose coins because the price is too high then no. Whatever the price is, you get it back along with the bonus.
They only way to lose is if the ticket does not stake. In that case you get the price back but no bonus and you lose the transaction fee for the ticket purchase.

There is another theoretical case but it is extreme. It might be that you pay a transaction fee higher than the stake bonus. But that can't happen unless you put the fee too high on purpose.

Some people put a very high fee to buy tickets when the price is very low. Its the only way because higher paying fees get purchased first. Even in that case, at most, the fee they pay is about half the ticket bonus and depending on the low price of the ticket (to allow you to buy more tickets by locking the same amount of coins) it may or may not be worth it.

Ok I am beginning to understand this more, thank you for the help brother. However it is not the easiest thing to grasp. I can figure this stuff out but does the community have any marketing videos planned down the line? - stuff for noobs and average joe to watch and soak in. Stuff to help average people understand Decred more.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

Ok I am beginning to understand this more, thank you for the help brother. However it is not the easiest thing to grasp. I can figure this stuff out but does the community have any marketing videos planned down the line? - stuff for noobs and average joe to watch and soak in. Stuff to help average people understand Decred more.
imo for that purpose and for lazy ones there is always https://evolution.dcrstats.com/en pool that takes care of it automaticly, only settings you need to set are max ticket price you are wiling to pay and max fee. easy

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

Ticket fee is per Kb.
A block currently has just over 500 bytes, so the price placed to fee, isn't the amount that will be discounted from your prize.
If you set a 1.5DCR ticket fee, you will actually pay a little over half that, around 0.85DCR.

imo for that purpose and for lazy ones there is always https://evolution.dcrstats.com/en pool that takes care of it automaticly, only settings you need to set are max ticket price you are wiling to pay and max fee. easy

Some things need to be cleared up.
Traditional stake pools don't require trust.
There is no risk of a hacker attack stealing your coins or someone running away with them. Because they are not in the pool, they are still with you in your wallet.
In evolution you need trust.
You actually send your coins there and you can lose them If something bad happens
Evolution isn't an official service offered by Decred's devteam, it's a side project, created by the dcrstats pool owner, who is just a member of the community like all of us.
B8888

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:09:20 PM

Ticket fee is per Kb.
A block currently has just over 500 bytes, so the price placed to fee, isn't the amount that will be discounted from your prize.
If you set a 1.5DCR ticket fee, you will actually pay a little over half that, around 0.85DCR.

There is no risk of a hacker attack stealing your coins or someone running away with them. Because they are not in the pool, they are still with you in your wallet.
You actually send your coins there and you can lose them If something bad happens
Evolution isn't an official service offered by Decred's devteam, it's a side project, created by the dcrstats pool owner, who is just a member of the community like all of us.

Interesting, thank you. So how to join a traditional stake pool? Is it all done from cli wallet?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:17:27 PM

Ticket fee is per Kb.

Interesting, thank you. So how to join a traditional stake pool? Is it all done from cli wallet?

The official stake pools work with cli wallet and some already work with paymetheus, gui wallet for windows.

These two accept cli for all OS and paymetheus for windows:

https://stake.decredbrasil.com
https://pool.d3c.red

On 0.8.0 release, paymetheus will have many advances on its integration with the pools.
B8888

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:54:19 PM

Interesting. Thank you for this information.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:23:22 PM

Ticket fee is per Kb.

For pool tickets. For solo tickets its actually about 298 bytes so a 1.5dcr fee costs about 0.5 dcr per ticket.

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:15:04 PM

Mannnnn I'm stoked about v0.8.0.

It's not often that you get to witness a "first ever" scenario in crypto these days.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:39:30 PM

Mannnnn I'm stoked about v0.8.0.

It's not often that you get to witness a "first ever" scenario in crypto these days.

Ha! That's true: this will be the first of it's kind in a voting consensus matter. Pretty stoked Grin

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: