Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Now i realized that holding bitcoin is more okay than holding gold. Because at least my bitcoin cannot be stole in my wallet as long as my security is strong, than keeping a gold in my house which is more dangerous idea.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:11:36 PM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold has physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just numbers. One possibility for that to happen is we lose all our gold
There is a big gap if we will look at the difference between the the principle of trading between gold and bitcoin. At the point the bitcon in terms of transactions could offer a faster and more ways to deal with. While gold as you say it is tangible meaning that it needs physical wulatiy or equivalent value for it to have a trading value in the market.
Teethknifer

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:15:59 PM

Holding bitcoin will definitely make you more money because a lot of people invest into bitcoin and with bitcoin you can buy stuff. But it is a lot harder to buy stuff with gold. That is why bitcoin is much better than gold.
Winefwnetos

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:38:49 PM

I like to hold bitcoin cash instead of bitcoin gold. The reason is I like cash and I use cash for every transaction sometime when the gold prices get fall I like to purchase but later I sold that because I am not using gold for any reason and I have no experience to hold gold. while I use cash in my daily  routine and that’s why I want to hold it and use it.
You are quite confuse here, Bitcoin and Bitcoin-Cash are both cryptocurrency or digital money. The word 'cash' there is just an attachment to it to diverse it to Bitcoin. It is considered as an Altcoin, well recently its making its name being known by having a massive increase in price.

The statement that you've just said is considered meaningless, because you did not quite understood the concept of Bitcoin-Cash. Its not literary a 'cash' you know.

Anyways, holding gold is still good profit because of its steady price. But holding Bitcoin is on a different level, not only that it surpassed the price of gold, it also have a chance to make even more profit because of its volatility.
Real gold is not worthy to keep now that too if you are keeping it with you just for the sake of money. The best method of becoming rich is taking bitcoin. Ether are many ways of earning bitcoin and the best method is to join signature campaigns. Signature campaigns are the one where you can get money easily and there is not much scammers in this field. Gold has become obsolete now.
I agree with you if you have real gold your chance of being robbed is very big but if you have bitcoins how can someone rob you if they do not know how everything works and you do not care your pc with you but your gold you wear it.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:39:12 PM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold has physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just numbers. One possibility for that to happen is we lose all our gold
There is a big gap if we will look at the difference between the the principle of trading between gold and bitcoin. At the point the bitcon in terms of transactions could offer a faster and more ways to deal with. While gold as you say it is tangible meaning that it needs physical wulatiy or equivalent value for it to have a trading value in the market.
but the value of gold always rises with time running. and of course everyone wants to have gold. but, for now, people tend to want to have bitcoin, because it's significantly faster than gold.
TokenGuy

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:28:30 PM

I like to hold bitcoin cash instead of bitcoin gold. The reason is I like cash and I use cash for every transaction sometime when the gold prices get fall I like to purchase but later I sold that because I am not using gold for any reason and I have no experience to hold gold. while I use cash in my daily  routine and that’s why I want to hold it and use it.
You are quite confuse here, Bitcoin and Bitcoin-Cash are both cryptocurrency or digital money. The word 'cash' there is just an attachment to it to diverse it to Bitcoin. It is considered as an Altcoin, well recently its making its name being known by having a massive increase in price.

The statement that you've just said is considered meaningless, because you did not quite understood the concept of Bitcoin-Cash. Its not literary a 'cash' you know.

Anyways, holding gold is still good profit because of its steady price. But holding Bitcoin is on a different level, not only that it surpassed the price of gold, it also have a chance to make even more profit because of its volatility.
Real gold is not worthy to keep now that too if you are keeping it with you just for the sake of money. The best method of becoming rich is taking bitcoin. Ether are many ways of earning bitcoin and the best method is to join signature campaigns. Signature campaigns are the one where you can get money easily and there is not much scammers in this field. Gold has become obsolete now.
I agree with you if you have real gold your chance of being robbed is very big but if you have bitcoins how can someone rob you if they do not know how everything works and you do not care your pc with you but your gold you wear it.

Gold is actually very dangerous thieves are always looking it up in your house. While if you have bitcoin you can have it sometimes on your phone. So they would rather take your tv instead your $100 phone.

So i would go for bitcoins, because its way safer than gold and more profitable.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:09:43 PM

I think both have their own advantages. Gold is a long-term investment because the level of this investment is very safe and also not muh influenced by various things. while investing in Bitcoin is a short-term investment, because we can easily make a profit. But Bitcoin has the disadvantage of rapidly changing prices, so I think Bitcoin is quite risky if it's used for long-term investments. we may always be frightened when the price of Bitcoin begins to decline. So use both and we will be able to get an investment that fits the current state.
BlockchainCoder

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:29:49 PM

It's better to hold them half-half. As now it's cheaper to buy more gold, and there is a perspective as when Bitcoin falls down, then the gold's price will rising.. Tongue Tongue

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:04:21 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Some of us choose bitcoin than gold. Bitcoin now a days everybody can own it, unlike gold. The value of gold is so expensive, but if you hold bitcoin now you thank your self that you have one. Because the coming year the value of bitcoin, getting higher. And you can choose if you save it or sell it.
bakunawaaa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:25:19 AM

No idea on the first question. But as to holding gold vs btc, id say do both. Gold is still a good asset to hold because you will never know what will happen in the future. With bitcoin if we near doomsday and there is difficulty of access to the internet or if the number of people accepting bitcoin drops, gold will still be a safe investment. But if everything is fine then holding bitcoin is really good because its value will continue to rise.
charmaine08

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:33:10 AM

I'd rather hold a gold than bitcoin . why ? It is just because gold is more valuable than bitcoin .
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:45:50 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

at this time gold can not be compared with bitcoin because the investment value is much different and the profits are different too, I think people who know about bitcoin will certainly prefer bitcoin for investment
musharaf

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:07:02 AM

For me bitcoin is more important than gold I like to hold bitcoin instead of gold because the prices and security of bitcoin is better than of the gold for this you have online account and keep your money in that while some people may prefer gold it is up to the person own judgment.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:13:18 AM

Holding bitcoin will definitely make you more money because a lot of people invest into bitcoin and with bitcoin you can buy stuff. But it is a lot harder to buy stuff with gold. That is why bitcoin is much better than gold.
Because gold can not be used as a method of payment or currency so that's why bitcoin can be practically one step ahead of gold. but in terms of investment both can be said to be a good investment. but I'm more likely to choose bitcoins because the profits will be much greater than gold
valying

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:16:39 AM

With the present price i will hold BTC, more potiental , easy on exchange and safer from thiefs.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:50:38 PM

Firstly, we cannot determine the total figure of the holders of bitcoin and the holders of gold because it would take you so long to have it in one paper. But we all know that we have lot of gold holders than bitcoin because bitcoin just started 2010 while gold began from early age.
But so far I prefer tp hold btc than gold because the value really goes high so quick even an hour you can have your profit.
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:01:59 PM

I think that investing in bitcoin is the best option if you want to get a quick profit. Because Bitcoin grows very fast. But gold is much more stable and therefore a more reliable long-term investment. But I prefer Bitcoin.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:10:46 PM

Holding of gold or holding of bitcoin is the same, due to in the way that we preserve both, this is one of the great idea we can do. Because when time come past, value of gold and bitcoin will continues increasing due to in demand of both in the market. Otherwise, for me it is also good idea if we hold our gold and bitcoin, because in my speculation 5 years holding is enough to gain high profit.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:57:14 PM

Holding of gold or holding of bitcoin is the same, due to in the way that we preserve both, this is one of the great idea we can do. Because when time come past, value of gold and bitcoin will continues increasing due to in demand of both in the market. Otherwise, for me it is also good idea if we hold our gold and bitcoin, because in my speculation 5 years holding is enough to gain high profit.
You said you are holding as speculation, why do you have that think? I think we are investing for long term and holding Bitcoin or Gold are good. But we must to have plan, strategy and cut loss position. We can't put our money for long term investment without any clearly strategy and cut loss position.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████