Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:34:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:33:22 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
The evolution of Bitcoin is more spectacular then gold pricing so i go with bitcoin holding, easy money if you have some funds.
The risk is here so no easy money for me, but even with that big risk, I am willing to take that for bitcoin
because I believe that it will change the world in the future, I am a gambler so I am not afraid of taking risk as long as I believe it has a good potential.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:53:03 AM

If for the long term, I would prefer a holding gold. holding btc for long term is very risky, because some countries have started to ban btc. for the short term, btc might be safe. but for the long term, gold will be more profitable because it is definitely worth going up and there is no problem with the government.
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:17:17 AM

The fundamental difference between those two is that gold would probably still have some value if there were a very drastic catastrophe (because it always had some value) and BTC would just vanish when there is no longer the network infra structure for it. I admit that is a very drastic scenario, but some people are buying gold coins for exactly this possibility.
Apart from that I think that only time will show. Now BTC had a very good run but its history is much shorter than that of gold. Gold is seen as an asset in almost all cultures around the world and has this status already basically for ever. Bitcoin however is quite young and I guess it will take some time to build this trust, or it won't be that stable at all and will rather prove as a short-term investment.

In old times, holding of gold was the best way of making some good money but with the passage of time, things have started getting revolutionized. Now-a-days, it is none other than that of holding of bitcoin which is the most effective way of having some handsome amount of money after some period. The market price of bitcoin is increasing significantly which is helping the owners of bitcoin to have more money.
That were old time now no one give a single word about gold and all this is because of bitcoin taking over every type of investment in list and now holding gold is not that much beneficial because its values are stable and don’t fascinate users completely whereas bitcoin values are volatile and people feel it more as blessing and I think there is no comparison in gold and bitcoin because gold is now in history of economics books.

glgeux

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:43:58 AM

If want to stable your value , go with gold. It's really good for the saving purpose. But if you're looking for an investment which could bring you profit but it's risky, go with holding BTC.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

I think holding bitcoin and gold is profitable and indeed it is, always try to diversify your portfolio and invest on something blue is your starter,
Both are good choices if you have plenty of money to invest but if you have limited investment and want some good profit in return, then obviously bitcoin outstands gold because of its volatile nature.

Gold is very much stable and it provides profit not much often rather you need to wait too much from selling gold at high prices whereas bitcoin is often pumping and dumping, providing you with opportunities of selling it for profit.
Yes that is right, but i think if we compare the two then my first choice will be bitcoin, because as compare to gold bitcoin has more potential and its price is expected to increase more. The profit that we can get from bitcoin so soon is not possible from gold, gold is good only for holding  and saving your assets in a safe place, but still as you have too keep your gold in physical mood therefore there are always chances that one will may steel the gold from you, while no one can reach to your online wallet so easily.  

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
danpaz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:02:13 PM

Well the truth is you cannot hold gold as investment or just for accessory if you do not have any capacity to buy it in some jewelry shops or investment platform offering gold,
Whereas in bitcoin everyone can handle it using faucets or by joining signature campaign here even if you are less fortunate
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:21:24 AM

Gold has long been there and before Bitcoin exist gold is a good place to invest money. Many people also use Gold as jewelry. But from both i just prefer to holding Bitcoin, Bitcoin now is not like before. We can easy make profit by trading Bitcoin because the price movement will likely continue to rise.
Every person has his own mind choice but according to my choice holding of bitcoin is so better than holding of gold and the reasons are
Working with bitcoin is easy as compare to gold
Working with bitcoin is secure than gold
Working with bitcoin can give you enough profit then gold.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:09:24 AM

A lot of people  view gold as a safe haven, and an excellent diversification from paper currencies,it's a traditional market's target,because gold rises in value when inflation takes hold.I think that if you want to protect your money,you must buy/hold gold(in my opinion you cann't earn passive income by holding gold.) and if you want to increase your earnings you must hold btc,not gold,because all we know about bitcoin's potential,Bitcoin is ''mineable'' like gold and more profitable,so,despite this they are different in their properties.
That time has gone when gold was valuable now only thing that is valuable and that is bitcoin and it has totally diverted the attention of gold investors and now people are taking gold as only jewelry and they are investing into bitcoin because they know that btc is really helpful and this coin will surely give them hue profit as well as a lavish life in future so don’t go for gold now bitcoin is here to please you with profit.
Holding bitcoin is more value able than holding Gold because the value of bitcoin rising in faster way but gold value is considered to be stable due to its normal up & down. Bitcoin holding is more secure than holding Gold
There is no doubt in this fact that gold has become now obsolete method of making money but as you said, few centuries back it was the only investment for earning some good money from your savings. With the changes in technology and advancement in the methods of saving money, people have switched to bitcoin because world is damn fats now and no one has time for slow processes of making money.
anga3636

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:45:47 AM

It is a real far situation if we will compare the distance of the price market cap of the two existing currencies that is present and widely use by many people in the world. Yes bitcoin price rate is do really rising that can somewhat make it a little bit near to approach gold but the reality is gold value will surely to rise for a lifetime because of its natural preference compared to bitcoin that the assurance to last for a lifetime is still unknown.
Some people are still confuse about holding of bitcoin and gold so I want to clear them that holding of bitcoin is more and more profitable than holding of gold and the reason is price of bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing more and more with time and if you hold bitcoin and can sale them in future then you can make enough money.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:02:00 PM

It is a real far situation if we will compare the distance of the price market cap of the two existing currencies that is present and widely use by many people in the world. Yes bitcoin price rate is do really rising that can somewhat make it a little bit near to approach gold but the reality is gold value will surely to rise for a lifetime because of its natural preference compared to bitcoin that the assurance to last for a lifetime is still unknown.
Some people are still confuse about holding of bitcoin and gold so I want to clear them that holding of bitcoin is more and more profitable than holding of gold and the reason is price of bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing more and more with time and if you hold bitcoin and can sale them in future then you can make enough money.
in the long term scenerio then yes gold but every thing is gold and if any country issues new notes of a currency it depends upon the amount of gold reserved so i think in longer run i think gold is but i think for quick profit in the span of 10 to 20 years atleast i always go with bitcoin because and crypto and i think the world has been change and there is no chance of it to be closed or end any time.
vincentbeth934

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:03:19 PM

Gold is relatively safe to hold your money, but it never really goes up or down much. Then again, that's why it's safe.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:50:33 PM

Gold is relatively safe to hold your money, but it never really goes up or down much. Then again, that's why it's safe.
It is more save to hold bitcoin because bitcoin price in increase fast and you can anytime get good profit but if you invest in gold for big profit so it will never good decision and you will never get good profit because gold's price is very slow increase and it will wast your long time, so bitcoin is the best way for the the best future.

@maetthan17

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:23:28 PM

Yes that's true , it is safe to hold a gold but its rates when you buy it is too high .while in bitcoin you can invest on it even a single bitcoin that you have.
scorilo

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:25:01 PM

I think that there are a lot more people that are holding and investing in gold since its traded by more exchangers, you can make bank deposits, etc.
Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:09:04 PM

I think bitcoin holding is better and more profitable than holding gold, as we know that bitcoin prices are very volatile and the fact & good news is likely to go up so it's very profitable.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
SlickTight

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:26:19 PM

Well, I think bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold of its physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just a numbers. but nowadays it is better to hold bitcoin because it is more profitable than gold.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:51:26 PM

It's clearly that holding gold is more stable than holding Bitcoin but the advantage of holding Bitcoin is the profit.
Nonetheless, gold is a source of investing as well as saving the price of gold tends to increase over the years. However, its price can fluctuate in short periods. Gold can give profits if retained for few years. On the other hand, Bitcoin nowadays is giving high profits in literally no time. In terms of ROI, Bitcoin outscores gold business on almost every ground. You just need to start investing in Bitcoin now.
It looks like you are having interest in both and you want to use bitcoin as purchasing object and on the other hand use gold as saving for long time. I would like to say if you want high amount of profit in short time then bitcoin is great for this but if you want something physical then best thing is gold and will give you benefit surly but gold is risky and it will be tough to manage the security of gold but if you want safety with profit then you should go for bitcoin….. Now choice is yours.
johny1512

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:04:14 PM

In developed nations  and west part of globe the continents of america australia and europe are already far above from gold because these nations are not interesting in gold and its ornaments as asians and especially sub contintental people or SAARC nations have huge importance of gold in their lives but now also in this region concept is changing to some extent as new generation is very much inspired from western culture thatswhy new generation is keen to learn new technological innovations and their practices . Thats ehy now people are leaving gold and investing cryptocurrencies
Canvis

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:22:46 PM

For me holding of gold is a long term and never be end or fade. Bitcoin maybe similar to temporary. Im not sure the future of bitcoin because this is only a currency that convertible into cash. Bitcoin compared to gold, Im favorable to bitcoin on how we can earn fastiest comparing to gold. We pray that this currency will continue because many people benifited and bitcoin helps also to the people belong to poverty level. Their's many life change because of bitcoin. Improving life in terms of financial needs.
I try both options I keep on hold old and also I keep bitcoin as well so I will prefer bitcoin instead of old because bitcoin is much more better then gold never keep gold on hold its useless and will need rive you profit even if you keep gold for one hour you will lose in gold and bitcoin is different than gold so much as you will keep it on hold that much big will be the profit so I will request to everyone that gold is only a valuable piece of Mattel.
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:26:25 PM

For me, holding bitcoin is certainly more promising though it is also very risky than holding gold, but with a marketcap that has reached more than $ 250 billion makes me believe about the future of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: