Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
Klestar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:22:19 AM

Its better to hold gold rather than bitcoin , why? because gold has so many feature like it is tangbile, valuable like bitcoin, you can wear , most and foremost it has a low volatility unlike bitcoin, gold is a long term investment for assurance because its price is slight stable. Bitcoin can easily fluctuate so you may loss and gain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YoungMaster

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:27:14 AM

I prefer holding BTC than holding gold.
Because bitcoin prices are more volatile where prices can change significantly over time.
In addition, Bitcoin has a limited supply of only 21 million available in the world. And when the supply runs out, the prices of bitcoin will explode.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
rain3798

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:40:30 AM

If I'm going to ask which one is good to hold well it depends, if you want to hold something for long term but not very long then I would choose Bitcoin, because its price is changing so anytime bitcoin can rise but if you want to become multi billionaire then you could choose gold but this is for  a very long term like 10 years or more.

bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:20:32 PM

In my opinion its better to have both. Bitcoin might not be as valuable as gold for now, but the possibility of its value to arise is huge.

Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

I do not consider this comparison to be correct at all. Gold has a time interval of thousands of years, while Bitcoin has only dozens. If we take historical scales, then we must admit the fact that bitcoin still "does not exist."
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:10:00 PM

I am holding both as its very risky to depend only on bitcoins for making profits as bitcoin can disappear in future and if it does then at least I have some back up in the form of gold from where I can make some profits but if bitcoin survives longer then there is no doubt that it can give higher profits in compare to gold as the price of gold is very stable and to make huge profits from it will take really very long time but bitcoin can go to the moon at any point of time so you can expect higher and quick profits from bitcoins.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:14:00 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Maybe the national statistics do have that certain data because I think they are the ones who have the access in knowing that one but that was just the idea that comes up into my mind. We still do not have an idea when and how can we come up having the same amount or number of Bitcoin users and gold users because those will be only be based on the user's preference if he will be storing gold or Bitcoin instead.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:56:23 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Maybe the national statistics do have that certain data because I think they are the ones who have the access in knowing that one but that was just the idea that comes up into my mind. We still do not have an idea when and how can we come up having the same amount or number of Bitcoin users and gold users because those will be only be based on the user's preference if he will be storing gold or Bitcoin instead.
As far as I know, in 2017, we have more people choose Bitcoin for investment than Gold, this is the data and report from the world.
You can search it through google easy.
But, as I said, "for investment" but it does not mean the people also choose Bitcoin for saving and holding.
Because a lot of people invested in Bitcoin as speculative than investment.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Jancuki

Activity: 789

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:29:39 AM

For me all there is a shortage and an excess, if gold is seen from the price will be stable but it takes a long time to wait for the price to rise. And if the bitcoin price fluctuates too much, sometimes the price may drop considerably and can increase sharply. for myself prefers gold because of its ever-stable price.
Rozcobs

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:38:57 AM

Gold existed very long time ago. For many centuries it had been discovered and having worth or value that can be used as a means holding and even for trading and for body accessories. So many are already holders of gold not only as stocks but as jewelries passed for centuries. If you can see countries also have jewelry stores and fronts. Compared to bitcoin it had existed only a decade ago to count the years would be not enough to compare its holders for both. We know that holding bitcoin could be more value than gold but not accessible to all the people. I mean not all countries yet have full online cryptoworld trading and exchanges. So some only were able to invest earlier were getting the worth of it. So I think it is not easy for people holding bitcoin could match the gold holdings in volume and even in worthiness.
simpolmon1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:41:24 AM

I do not consider this comparison to be correct at all. Gold has a time interval of thousands of years, while Bitcoin has only dozens. If we take historical scales, then we must admit the fact that bitcoin still "does not exist."
but all of them are the investments and we need to comparing to spot which is better than the other.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:41:40 AM

If you want big speculation, invest in bitcoin. its rapidly rising and falling value, will make you get rich quickly, or lose quickly. But if you want a safe investment, invest in gold, because I believe the value of gold will continue to stabilize and rise slowly.
jacksonmark30

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:43:57 AM

Holding gold for about 1-3 years would give you a very high probability of keeping the value of your investments or even slightly higher. Holding BTC for 1-3 years has 2 possible results; you could become rich or lose a lot depending on the people's sentiment on Bitcoin
betchay22

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:45:27 AM

As of now for me it is better to hold gold than bitxoins. Gold is more stable and value since this is already use for a very long time. While bitcoin is already starting and proving its worth and value. Maybe by 10 years, we can already decide which one is better to hold

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
heartrodriguez28

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:47:16 AM

Holding gold for about 1-3 years would give you a very high probability of keeping the value of your investments or even slightly higher. Holding BTC for 1-3 years has 2 possible results; you could become rich or lose a lot depending on the people's sentiment on Bitcoin

Gold is the safest asset in the world, Bitcoin is a very risky yet very rewarding asset in the world.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

start a bitcoin to gold exchange, gather data, share.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:02:26 AM

Gold is the safest asset in the world, Bitcoin is a very risky yet very rewarding asset in the world.
If you compare the hold of gold with bitcoin, I would definitely choose bitcoin at any given time. I missed so many opportunities with bitcoin and I think I should not deny the opportunity to come to me again. Holding a bitcoin despite the risks, it is certain that it will yield many times more gold and that the value of bitcoin is currently very stable indicating that the market is accepting it so the risk for bitcoin investment also dropped a lot.

Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:08:27 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

it still takes a long time to be able to equate bitcoin users to be like a golden user, because we know that gold users almost all walks of life it became its users but different from bitcoin users until now still in the upper middle class and for those who know the internet world
because the current era has not been supportive for a mass adoption at all levels of society. current technology is not too popular. many people are still not connected to the internet so do not be surprised if bitcoin users only for certain circles. in contrast to the gold that was already thousands of years ago and has a real physical. of course everyone from all walks of life knows about gold and I'm sure they would prefer a gold investment right now..
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:33:38 PM

Gold has a bigger interest because is material ,and all people loove to have it ,being a ring or other thing,bitcoin is just virtual soo people dont see it the same way as gold,even both becoming to be ending.
[/q
uote]
Holding gold is the best investment in this generation because aside from being used it will comes higher and higher in terms of value.
Crypto-mim

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:40:15 PM

Holding of gold is safe, but not heavy profit. Holding of BTC is risk, but sometime it will comes heavy profit. Gold price is high slowly, sometime is less down. In the other hand, BTC price is up and down quickly. Many experts and journalist says the world moves in the crypto currency. So, holding of BTC is the good idea now.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: