Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:02:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
bilyboy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:03:06 AM

Bitcoin is a very good short-term investment because we can quickly make a profit from Bitcoin.
While gold,gold is a suitable investment for the long term because it is very safe and that makes interesting both is have their own advantages.
So if you choose to make your investment safe select gold,if you want to profit quickly choose Bitcoin but Bitcoin is at risk because at any time Bitcoin price it can go down.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:08:30 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
It’s  true that bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity and has defeated gold in the terms of price but still I prefer holdings of gold over holdings of bitcoins because firstly, gold is way more popular than bitcoin and has way more users than bitcoin. Then gold is accepted everywhere whereas bitcoin is not accepted everywhere. Gold is stable form of currency whereas bitcoin is not stable form of currency and its prices keeps on fluctuating very often. Then people trust gold whereas they don’t trust bitcoins.
Bobocantik

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:27:31 AM

Holding bitcoin is more value able than holding Gold because the value of bitcoin rising in faster way but gold value is considered to be stable due to its normal up & down. Bitcoin holding is more secure than holding Gold
tentara pelajar

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:41:46 AM

Gold and bitcoin something promising but very different. Gold can be said to have a value of always riding on each year but also not great. While the bitcoin is an asset that cannot be guessed at how his fate next year.
CheraFaye

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:46:17 AM

My stands for this is both, holding of gold and holding bitcoin. As gold is also used in many users until now and still being on top of any investment. Gold is the best and accepted worldwide. While in bitcoin is good as this is volatile price and for sure you can earn big profit for a long term.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:24:38 AM

Holding bitcoin is more value able than holding Gold because the value of bitcoin rising in faster way but gold value is considered to be stable due to its normal up & down. Bitcoin holding is more secure than holding Gold

Even though gold is very slow and just stable in moving up then it is still better for the people to invest to gold rather than bitcoin if they don't have knowledge yet about bitcoin so they will not get into trouble of investing since bitcoin is very high risk because of the volatility of its market that can make you broke in just a few weeks after you invest.
waldenari777

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:32:44 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

Now this question makes absolutely no sense. Time has shown the complete failure of gold holding - it's time to draw conclusions.
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

Holding of Bitcoin differs with the holding of gold because the value of bitcoin is higher than the value of coin and it is safer to hold than gold if you hold bitcoin for a long time you can  have a bigger profit and it is safer to hold than gold.

When this question had been put to community the situation was a little different. I hope that dude made a right choice.
Yes it could be but for me right now there is nothing better than bitcoin mate, as you said at that time situation was a bit different but right now we can see clearly that in market bitcoin is increasing in price, people are involving bitcoin community and they are buying high amount of bitcoin every day, which is making bitcoin unique currency of the era. Gold is nothing in front of bitcoin today as bitcoin has high price, more demand and more security than GOLD now so the market is all BITCOIN now.
sopromat

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:06:03 PM

Bitcoin is already surpasses the price of gold that is why it is wise enough to hold bitcoin rather than gold but one thing we should considered that what ever happen gold is material thing you can hold it you keep it that is why stable investment, while Bitcoin is only a perception that you have  currency in the cyber space anything happen to the system it will be gone by the win. that's why for investment you should use Bitcoin but for fixed asset you should use gold.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:28:37 PM

For these two holdings of gold and bitcoin are of two different investments are good the advantage of gold is for investment of long time and be uses in time of crises in every country like war, calamity gold is a good medium of exchange, but for investment bitcoin is the preferrable to choose because it can generate great amount of profits compare to gold, so for now if i want to invest for my money , I will invest it to bitcoin

Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:46:24 PM

Holding gold isn't that profitable but much more safe than bitcoin. Bitcoin is better like investment but not that good as thing for saving your money.

kwarto

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:54:03 PM

gold and bitcoin are different entity. Gold will alway be gold with a physical form. it also use as a jewelry in so many people. the value of gold varies every now and then depending on the market movement...

on the other hand, bitcoin is a cryptocurrency a digital money that has no form it uses the net connection to circulate... it has no other usage than money... i think its still a long way for bitcoin to even close to gold..

i will always prefer to hold gold than bitcoin...
people should use the bitcoin to circulate in the economy everyday because it is a currency... and a currency belongs to the people as a medium of their exchange.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:36:58 AM

I will prefer Bitcoin because of the limited supply that bitcoin have it has only 21 million. Gold has a unlimited resources and it is purely mineable bitcoin has only have 6 million bitcoins to mine.
Jaky

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:22:36 AM

As far as i'm consern, you cannot compair bitcoin from gold.. Gold has a very high value in the market since then and a lot of source to get it... And definately a prefer holding gold for i can surely inherit it to my children and grand childern in time as well..

▄▄▄   ▐ ▌   HIVEPOWER.tech   ▐ ▌   Crowdsale 》 June 11th   ▄▄▄
Build Decentralized Energy Communities Secured by the Blockchain
Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:00:18 AM

Gold investment is legal in all countries and also rarely a significant price decline. That causes gold investment more secure (in terms of rising and falling prices) and accepted by all circles, meaning that the general public more accept the existence of gold. Whereas btc not all countries legalize and its fluctuation. It took a very long time to balance between gold and btc investment users.

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:06:33 AM

I know bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of price but still I prefer holdings of gold over holdings of bitcoins. This is because firstly, gold is way more popular than bitcoin and gold has way more users than bitcoins. Gold is more trusted by people throughout the world whereas bitcoin is not trusted. Gold is a stable form of currency and its value does not fluctuate often whereas bitcoin is not a stable form of currency and it’s value keeps on fluctuating often.
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:59:04 AM

Invest gold is better than bitcoin.Gold holding is legalize every where in the world. Gold is real it has physical shape, it's value is increasing day by day though some times decrease but not large scale. On the other btc is a virtual coin and digital money but btc has strong potential, still now many peoples invest into bitcoin and they make a large profit.

miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:05:25 AM

Invest gold is better than bitcoin.Gold holding is legalize every where in the world. Gold is real it has physical shape, it's value is increasing day by day though some times decrease but not large scale. On the other btc is a virtual coin and digital money but btc has strong potential, still, now many peoples invest in bitcoin and they make a large profit.

I agree! Gold is not increasing the value of Bitcoin, of course, everyone knows bitcoin is a big volatile market but in long-term bitcoin can give more money compared to gold because the supply of bitcoin is very limited.
Bitlord88

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:22:24 AM

Some people really do invest mainly in gold. Gold would never depreciate and its value would continually rise up. Plus it is marketable wherever you are in the world. Each countries ability to print my money is also determined if not affected by the number of their gold reserves. So gold is really the ultimate winner for holding and investing.
herlips

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:50:42 AM

Holding of gold can make its value high for a long time but not that high that can make you rich unlike in btc. In btc, if the price is good and it's going higher and higher, holding a bitcoin will be a very good idea in investing.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: