Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:46:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
btcusury (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:24:00 PM

Just for the fun of it and for the sake of curiosity, let's compile the (seemingly unmistakable) evidence of shillery. The nature of some of the posters who inexplicably blindly support clearly-unsafe big blocks (8MB?? Unlimited?Huh), whether XT or BU (anything other than Core), in complete disregard for not only contrary evidence but plain facts, makes it very difficult to imagine that they could somehow be clueless fanboys with permanent blinders on and a penchant for absurd levels of sophistry...

From now on, if I may suggest, let's log/save/harvest/compile the strongest cases of inexplicable irrationality by the (suspected) shills, so that we can eventually make a crystal clear case for this idea that there are actually people employed by a group whose goal it is to destroy Bitcoin.

For now, dump your evidence and/or observations (or even just the case you feel showcases the most obvious shilling) in this thread! Preferrably concisely summarized, though the more detailed and hyperlinked the better.

To my mind, the most obvious case is VeritasSapere. What is the probability that this guy is not employed full-time by a group whose goal it is to destroy Bitcoin? The username itself seems like a clue.

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:27:28 PM

Long due, thanks. Add Litecoinguy to the list, not essentially a big block shill but a shill of forum.bitcoin.com who hugely promotes XT
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 06:32:29 PM

Add me to the list.  I'm for unlimited blocks and letting the miners decide the valid longest chain.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 06:35:55 PM

Long due, thanks. Add Litecoinguy to the list, not essentially a big block shill but a shill of forum.bitcoin.com who hugely promotes XT

sure, iam a big block shill!

btcusury (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:31:28 PM

^ You actually paid $27 for that image?

Add me to the list.  I'm for unlimited blocks and letting the miners decide the valid longest chain.
Which is why you have that avatar, right? It's also why your post read as "This user is currently ignored."  Cheesy

Please note that this thread is for analysis of (apparent) shills, not for shills to shill or for clueless fanboys to display their lack of critical thinking ability.

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:04:47 PM

[Just for the lulz of it and out of trolliosity, lets start *another* pointless thread attacking other people for having a different opinion]

There are people that want to watch the world burn and they are on both sides, fanning flames. Like you just did. Your motives?

The lady doth protest too much.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 12:27:48 AM

^ You actually paid $27 for that image?

Why? Pissed coz your Momma didnt split it with you?

ps. quoting text from people you have on 'ignore'...idiot.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:51:32 AM

sure, iam a big block shill!

You know big blocks are a failure when not even paying hot girls do the trick Grin

Honestly at this point I don't know who is still going for XT (and now the new trend the Unlimited thing). I think they just don't get the reality of the situation here and the potential centralization what they would ensue.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:54:02 AM

I'd say that the most reasonable branch has been Core. Somehow, the fact that so many prominent developers are involved, helps it satisfy the needs of the community mutually while being a solid piece of software. I don't see how people see a future for bitcoin in anything aside of a single core client.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 01:02:06 AM

The Gavinistas are disturbingly fixated on personal attacks (doxing, threats, etc) against Bitcoin's defenders.

Specifically and recently, I'm talking about dropt and rocks.

More generally, it's a shame they managed to force GMAX out of Core's committers.  I'm reminded of the (attribution needed) phrase 'if the system is solid, attack the people.'

There is a special level of pity reserved for those who swore to fork off from this terrible Sensor Ship forum run by HitlerThermos, yet cannot help but get bored in their rump venue ghost towns and come back just to flamebait and shitpost.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
btcusury (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:42:40 PM

[Just for the lulz of it and out of trolliosity, lets start *another* pointless thread attacking other people for having a different opinion]

There are people that want to watch the world burn and they are on both sides, fanning flames. Like you just did. Your motives?

I don't know how much technical blockchain understanding you have or how much research you've done into centralized "authority"-based systems of control, or how much you have been paying attention to the goings-on... but I don't think you really know what you're talking about here, if you think this thread is about "attacking other people for having a different opinion".

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 03:04:21 PM

I guess if you really want to make a list you should move this somewhere else because it doesn't really fit into B. Discussion. Also make sure you format it properly else it is going to be useless.

More generally, it's a shame they managed to force GMAX out of Core's committers. 
This is actually quite damaging even though many don't realize it. They are even trying to push Pieter away with hateful comments even though Segwit is amazing. It is pretty clear that someone is trying to slow down or harm Bitcoin. Let's hope that Maxwell has only left temporarily.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:21:09 PM

I don't know how much technical blockchain understanding you have or how much research you've done into centralized "authority"-based systems of control, or how much you have been paying attention to the goings-on... but I don't think you really know what you're talking about here, if you think this thread is about "attacking other people for having a different opinion".

If it was clear what was right there wouldn't be a debate. If you were half as smart as you try to make yourself look in your post you would understand that it isn't as cut and dried as you try to make out in your first post.

So when you say 'inexplicably blindly support clearly-unsafe big blocks' the only thing that is clearly demonstrated is that it is in fact you who are blind.

There are solid arguments as to why the blocksize limit should remain as it is, there are solid arguments as to why there should be no limit at all. There are pros and cons to each, and the significance of the pros and cons is highly correlated to personal philosophy.

I am as guilty as anyone of posting strong opinions on this debate which are fundamentally grounded in where I stand philosophically on the matter. The relative merits of either extreme can easily be argued for and against if you take a certain philosophical view point.

If however you cannot accept that other people think differently to you, then you will start to invent circumstances to try and rationalise their behaviour some other way. Such as that they are out to destroy bitcoin, or that they are being paid, or some other such nonsense.

The thing is that works both ways. Any big blocker that cannot understand why the small blockers believe what they believe (e.g. they have different underlying philosophical belief) might naturally assume foul play. However it is more likely that actually it just a difference of opinion.

Then finally you get the people who are so convinced that even when presented with the truth, are still so pig headed and arrogant to believe that nothing exists outside their own world view that they will go so far as to try and deny that any other view exists, by dismissing this truth as 'philosophical mumbo jumbo'.

That I am posting this because there is some overwhelming body of technical evidence that proves that there is only one true way, and that because this conflicts with my point of view that I am just appealing to emotion.

Well there might be some truth in that. I am appealing to emotion, humans are emotional beings, in the absence of an overwhelming body of technical evidence one way or the other then all we have are the beliefs that underpin the arguments, because the arguments themselves are inconclusive.

In an uncertain universe all you have are probabilities. I think the common ground we all (assuming good faith) share is that we want bitcoin not to fail catastrophically. (What constitutes success can be so widely disagreed on that we don't even all share this). Even then catastrophic could be interpreted differently. (Lets say something that causes it to become worthless e.g. < $0.01 per bitcoin)

I think centralisation is possibly the biggest threat in this regard. Second only to it being broken. The thing is 'centralisation' can't easily be defined. Again its what is acceptable. Where is the limit? On person could say technically "2 nodes" is not centralised. "Ah, but collusion" someone else might say, so what then 10 nodes, 100, 1000? perhaps 6000 is already too centralised for some. "A node in every home!" people might say.

What degree of centralisation causes bitcoin to fail catastrophically? How does increasing blocksize correlate to node count? How does technological progress impact on the barrier to entry of running a node?

You don't know, I don't know, its all forecasting and estimation.

Whats the probability that raising the blocksize limit to 8MB cases bitcoin to fail catastrophically.
Whats the probability that keeping the 1MB blocksize limit causes bitcoin to fail catastrophically.

I think in both cases its 'low' in both scenarios there is an increase in factors pushing bitcoin towards catastrophic failure (blocks too big, nodes to expensive, increased centralisation vs blocks too small, confirmation times too long, fees to high, drives users away)

In neither case is it fatal though, and in both cases the proponents for each have decided that benefit outweighs risk.

Segwit vs 8MB blocks is even harder to pull apart. Everyone loves segwit on both sides, but segwit is a more complex solution, complex solutions have higher risks. Could segwit break bitcoin, unlikely, but its a risk. A risk that seemingly most are willing to overlook for potential 3-4 x increase in throughput. Plus some other cool stuff. The blocksize limit does not change, but suddenly bigger blocks are OK!

8MB blocks is a simple change, less risk involved in terms of code change. Throughput increase in the same order of magnitude. Requires hard fork.

The risk profiles of these tow respective options don't seem that different, but one is a hero and the other is the ugly duckling. Tell me humans are entirely logical and don't argue based on emotion!!!

Prologue

I run a few nodes. I can't say I am over the moon with how much it costs right now to keep them running, but if I was in it for the money then I'd seek out one of these companies hiring astroturfers so I at least got paid for arguing Wink

I'm even less impressed that the cost of running these nodes is likely to increase with bigger blocks. The light at the end of this tunnel though, is that whilst ever the cost of of running a node keeps rising, it means bitcoin adoption is increasing. That's something I'm really excited about.

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this yet, but I see the bitcoin network evolving into something akin to the internet itself. You have your massive peering companies, your telcos, your ISPs etc.

Maybe thats how bitcoin goes. Several massive pools doing all the mining, your payment processors next step down with node farms (perhaps this is what banks/credit cards end up becoming) potentially making money providing bitcoin services (bank accounts, but bitcoin) down to your local commerce that may run their own node to handle local transactions. Perhaps lightning sits in here somewhere, or other vendor specific coins that you can exchange into/from.

Just as all the people that make up the internet speak TCP/IP. All the people that make up the blockchain network speak bitcoin.

You see there is that philosophy thing again. I am convinced it can run all the way through the system, and I think its the only real way that the current global financial system can be superseded.

In the same way one does not consider the internet centralised, so would you not consider bitcoin centralised. The transparency of the blockchain is what is magic. There are no curtains for the wizard to hide behind. The emperor is naked. At some point you have to have some faith in humanity and what better better way to foster that than through openness and accountability. Its all the rage thesedays!

For bitcoin to reach its true potential, you are going to have to let it go. I've realised I can't have my cake and eat it. Maybe its this blue pill the doc gave me, they are usually red? Srsly though. Destroying all fiat currency and switching the whole world to a deflationary digital cryptocurrency. Wouldn't be a bad result for v1.0

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:34:10 PM

Thx sgbett, valid points.

btcusury (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:49:23 PM

I guess if you really want to make a list you should move this somewhere else because it doesn't really fit into B. Discussion. Also make sure you format it properly else it is going to be useless.

More generally, it's a shame they managed to force GMAX out of Core's committers. 
This is actually quite damaging even though many don't realize it. They are even trying to push Pieter away with hateful comments even though Segwit is amazing. It is pretty clear that someone is trying to slow down or harm Bitcoin. Let's hope that Maxwell has only left temporarily.

Is Maxwell assuming that the attacks are coming from clueless followers/fanboys rather than a sophisticated attacker group? That's the only reason I could imagine for him to leave the Bitcoin project: if he believes that what he has been doing is pointless. Otherwise, he's probably just taking a break... a very useful thing to do when things get heated.

btcusury (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:00:47 PM

If it was clear what was right there wouldn't be a debate.
Unless of course it's artificially induced! Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

There are solid arguments as to why the blocksize limit should remain as it is, there are solid arguments as to why there should be no limit at all. There are pros and cons to each, and the significance of the pros and cons is highly correlated to personal philosophy.
Yes, agreed, and this is where you are missing the 2nd idea I alluded to: how much research have you done into centralized "authority"-based systems of control? Your "personal philosophy" depends entirely on the sources of information you have exposed yourself to, you see. Do you agree with the idea that we humans on this planet are born into a kind of prison world, wherein our minds are molded to become subservient?

I am as guilty as anyone of posting strong opinions on this debate which are fundamentally grounded in where I stand philosophically on the matter. The relative merits of either extreme can easily be argued for and against if you take a certain philosophical view point.
How do you imagine that "philosophical view points" are relevant here? It's a technical, engineering issue. If we want the best for Bitcoin, then the focus is on resilience, not on adoption rate or some other arbitrary measure. As iCEBREAKER observed, "Their Big Lie is that Bitcoin was created to replace commercial banking, not central banking (as if the Genesis Text was about $2 ATM fees instead of TBTF bailouts)."

If however you cannot accept that other people think differently to you, then you will start to invent circumstances to try and rationalise their behaviour some other way. Such as that they are out to destroy bitcoin, or that they are being paid, or some other such nonsense.
Are you suggesting then that the central banksters are not actively engaged in mobilizing their resources in the grandest ways they can conceive of in order to protect and preserve their millennia-old consolidation of centralized control over money? Are you of the impression, or de facto belief, that debt-based money is a reasonable and benevolent way for humans to engage in commerce?

You won't see me suggesting that you are a shill. Everything you have written so far fits exactly into the idea you are describing of someone thinking differently for innocuous reasons.

In an uncertain universe all you have are probabilities. I think the common ground we all (assuming good faith) share is that we want bitcoin not to fail catastrophically.
Yeah, assuming good faith... when the idea really is that blockchain technology by its very nature undoes the primary control vector of the control system by enabling an unstoppable transition to decentralized money. Unstoppable it is (short of some really drastic measures that would also destroy the existing financial system), whether it be Bitcoin or another, but you really think it's reasonable to assume good faith in all players? At what point, if at all, do you suppose an organized effort to protect the dying old comes into play?

I think centralisation is possibly the biggest threat in this regard. Second only to it being broken.
A further distinction is the idea of accidental (market-driven) centralization vs. deliberate (maliciously-driven) centralization.

Whats the probability that raising the blocksize limit to 8MB cases bitcoin to fail catastrophically.
Much higher than carefully scaling from 1MB to a safer number. But more interestingly, it's clearly not needed urgently, in the way Gavin & Hearn rushed to introduce XT. If you assume that all the players involved are acting in good faith, then, unless your technical understanding is on the level of the core developers, you will be basing your understanding on the false premise that there is no incentive for cryptocurrency to be undergoing the most sophisticated type of attack that could be conceived of, i.e. by co-opting and using the strongest statist minds involved in development (which just so happen to be Gavin & Hearn, and perhaps a few others like Garzik).

In neither case is it fatal though, and in both cases the proponents for each have decided that benefit outweighs risk.
The dev proponents on one side being only a few, you might wish to note. Their clueless followers, whether organic or artificial, may have skewed your impression a bit -- that being the purpose of such an operation.

The risk profiles of these tow respective options don't seem that different, but one is a hero and the other is the ugly duckling.
They are though; they are very different, even if perhaps subtly so. And this can be determined even without a dev-level understanding of the code.

You see there is that philosophy thing again. I am convinced it can run all the way through the system, and I think its the only real way that the current global financial system can be superseded.
I would suggest that it's already being superseded, in a process of creative destruction, and this is why the people with the greatest interest in keeping the "current" (dying) global financial system afloat -- the same people who have the ability to create wars -- are playing their best cards, which is what we are witnessing here with these posters pretending to be retards.

At some point you have to have some faith in humanity and what better better way to foster that than through openness and accountability.
Absolutely, but without foolish naivete. The "bad guys" do the research, you see.

For bitcoin to reach its true potential, you are going to have to let it go. I've realised I can't have my cake and eat it. Maybe its this blue pill the doc gave me, they are usually red? Srsly though. Destroying all fiat currency and switching the whole world to a deflationary digital cryptocurrency. Wouldn't be a bad result for v1.0
Indeed, but that idea is a subset of the larger idea of decentralization. Bitcoin can fail tomorrow and it wouldn't change anything! It would at most delay the inevitable.

Does the idea of shills make more sense now?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 11:05:59 PM

There were valid points buried somewhere in all that self-indulgent rambling?

It was too long; I didn't read it.  Apparently nobody informed sgbett brevity is the soul of wit.   Tongue

Meanwhile, the Reddit Admins are cracking down on the Gavinista's brigading and doxxing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3zx4qq/rbtc_ad_on_rbitcoin_is_gone/
https://archive.is/Crpfb

Now the XTurds are whining about Reddit Sensor Ships!  So glorious; very gentlemen.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:18:14 PM

There were valid points buried somewhere in all that self-indulgent rambling?

It was too long; I didn't read it.  Apparently nobody informed sgbett brevity is the soul of wit.   Tongue

Meanwhile, the Reddit Admins are cracking down on the Gavinista's brigading and doxxing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/3zx4qq/rbtc_ad_on_rbitcoin_is_gone/
https://archive.is/Crpfb

Now the XTurds are whining about Reddit Sensor Ships!  So glorious; very gentlemen.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

some valid points!?

I'll take that Wink

I accept it was rambling, I didn't have the time to write a shorter post.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 11:24:14 PM

I accept it was rambling, I didn't have the time to write a shorter post.

Heh, well played sir.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:58:37 PM

i like to think outside of the box. and it seems that many people argue, if your not a XT supporter you must be a blockstream supporter.

which brings people to start a 'race war' about which community people belong to.

but think outside of the box and ask yourself,
in 2011 when mining was done on GPU, why wasnt there "security risks" and people crying when the average block went from 100kb to 200kb, when the average persons hard drive was 250gb

why in 2013 when mining was done by 60ghash miners and the blocks were 500kb average and peoples hard drives were 500gb average, that there was no big arguments?

why in 2016 where a 2TB hard drive is cheap enough for regular people to buy, suddenly there is a problem for even an increase of the blocklimit to 2mb.

afterall if a GPU that is 1,000,000 slower than just one current asic, but was able to handle 10% of a 2mb block potential(200kb average bloat).. then just going by the numbers. an asic can handle alot more let alone a farm of asics. and the amount of ram the pool can put on their motherboards is higher than previous years too, meaning it debunks the the block hashing problem.(crying about orphans)

as for non mining user distribution of the solved blocks(full node users).. a 2tb hard drive can fix that argument too.. as a 2mb block would allow for 104gb yearly bloat, for ~20 years
even gavins proposed 8mb allows users to have 412gb yearly bloat for 5 years..

i personally think 8mb is a bit much straight off the cuff. id prefer 2mb and then increase if bottlenecks happen in the future.
by which time internet speed and storage capacity would be far more then average now. and affordable by average people.

if the debate is about bandwidth.. well i run a fullnode, i watch streaming videos (netflix, etc) play online gaming.. and i dont have any internet hiccups, and i dont expect to have any if the blocks went upto 2mb either. and im on a internet speed of under 20mb/s (nothing special)

once you realise that netflix streams at 1gb/hour SD and 3gb/hour HD.. which equates to 166mb every 10 minutes SD or 500mb every 10 minutes HD. you will then see that moaning about 1mb, 2mb, 8mb for something that gives you financial security.. is smallfry compared to bandwidth bloat of video which gives you just boredom relief temporarily.

in short if your computer and internet can handle netflix.. then blocksizes are not a problem

in short:
i just dont see a rational and logical reason why upping the block limit is going to be so disastrous

i would also like to know. out of all the people arguing which camp people belong to, and also what is the best way forward for bitcoin as a whole...who of them actually runs a bitcoin full node. as i think it should only be a discussion for those people who will actually be running a full node. or actually want to run a full node

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: