Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346483 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tastiger

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:40:24 AM

I switched from Team-US to EU yesterday and have not had a submission since? I am not even showing up at the pool but the miner looks as though it is connected. From memory I had this problem when I tried EU before.

Tastiger, when setting the deadlines on each of the pools, I made an error and left out one "0" - this meant that the max deadline was set to 7 days instead of 70.

The error has been corrected and the expected submissions are now being accepted.

My apologies to anyone affected by my error.

H.

Still no joy for me, I must not be setting it up properly. Things work if I select a pool available in the AIO Wallet chooser but not if I edit chosen_pool.txt and miner.conf to be pool.burstcoin.eu instead.

What am I not doing correctly?

haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:07:34 AM

I switched from Team-US to EU yesterday and have not had a submission since? I am not even showing up at the pool but the miner looks as though it is connected. From memory I had this problem when I tried EU before.

Tastiger, when setting the deadlines on each of the pools, I made an error and left out one "0" - this meant that the max deadline was set to 7 days instead of 70.

The error has been corrected and the expected submissions are now being accepted.

H.

Still no joy for me, I must not be setting it up properly. Things work if I select a pool available in the AIO Wallet chooser but not if I edit chosen_pool.txt and miner.conf to be pool.burstcoin.eu instead.

Tastiger - to do the reward assignment goto: https://wallet.burst-team.us:8125/rewardassignment.html

Skip the first two fields. In the third field enter your pass phrase for you account. In the fourth field put: BURST-7Z2V-J9CF-NCW9-HWFRY

Hit submit and you should get 6-7 lines of code in return. Four blocks after this you'll be registered at the pool.

Start the All In One Miner - select Start Mining - in the dropdown where it presents the available pools type in: pool.burstcoin.eu, then click start on your preferred mining method. You'll get reward assignment errors for the first four blocks until the assignment change goes through - don't touch anything, just wait - then you'll start mining.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:33:16 AM

H.

Tastiger - to do the reward assignment goto: https://wallet.burst-team.us:8125/rewardassignment.html

Skip the first two fields. In the third field enter your pass phrase for you account. In the fourth field put: BURST-7Z2V-J9CF-NCW9-HWFRY

Hit submit and you should get 6-7 lines of code in return. Four blocks after this you'll be registered at the pool.

Start the All In One Miner - select Start Mining - in the dropdown where it presents the available pools type in: pool.burstcoin.eu, then click start on your preferred mining method. You'll get reward assignment errors for the first four blocks until the assignment change goes through - don't touch anything, just wait - then you'll start mining.

H.
just wanted to inquire sir if this applicable to everyone who wants to try mining is this will work on my laptop too? sorry to ask newbie question but i seen many comments about this coin and i got curios and wanted to try my luck. thanks in advance mate.
b457

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BURSTcoin - Burst-team.us

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:35:58 AM

just wanted to inquire sir if this applicable to everyone who wants to try mining is this will work on my laptop too? sorry to ask newbie question but i seen many comments about this coin and i got curios and wanted to try my luck. thanks in advance mate.

Yes, it will work also on your laptop. You just need some free GBs on your hard drive (the more, the better) and than you can start mining.
Tastiger

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:35:21 AM

H.

H.

Back in business Haitch! Thanks for the clear instructions, sometimes the simple obvious eludes me.

haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:10:16 PM

Back in business Haitch! Thanks for the clear instructions, sometimes the simple obvious eludes me.

Tastiger, tell me about it - I spent many hours yesterday trying to do something that actually turned out to only take a minute once I got the right instructions.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
crutsy

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:49:35 PM

HEADS2 For the Win!

Heads has won the coin toss this week!
https://youtu.be/d8yyUGu726M

36,162 Burst Is the Winning Payout

Code:
BURST-SG3H-LHD5-ULZA-9ECEK 22445.7534

BURST-LEXW-ZEV5-J3QX-D2CAG 11224.6848

BURST-EW9G-BZE7-E9VY-G39MW 2245.6602

BURST-YDZE-BTHA-QP7P-9U7XP 245.9016

9643.2 Burst were sent to the COINTOSS Asset 2674932917922497025 for the monthly dividen.

410.8 Burst were collected by me.

Alright round 3

The minimum bet to 1 Burst. Another 45,000 Burst Bonus is up for grabs!
Grab a few Burst at the faucet or surf bar and throw it down!

HEADS3 2839008146512809726

TAILS3 3033940794771643450

Bets are currently matched up at 8,000 Burst on each side! The toss will be on Wednesday. Lets fill this bad boy up. 
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 07:46:11 PM

HEADS2 For the Win!

Code:

9643.2 Burst were sent to the COINTOSS Asset 2674932917922497025 for the monthly dividen.

Alright round 3

Bets are currently matched up at 8,000 Burst on each side! The toss will be on Wednesday. Lets fill this bad boy up. 

You know, there's likely a way we can make this whole system Automated with Automated Transactions (Smart Contracts) on BURST network.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 12:38:28 AM

I have a bunch of coins stuck on C-cex because there wallet has been in maintenance for over a week now. Does anyone know why it is taking so long as I want to withdraw my coins and buy some more assets. I did post in there thread here but no answer about the BURST wallet.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
crutsy

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:54:48 AM

HEADS2 For the Win!

Code:

Alright round 3

You know, there's likely a way we can make this whole system Automated with Automated Transactions (Smart Contracts) on BURST network.

]I'm all for it!
Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:18:50 PM

I see that you're back in business - nice deadline and reward =)

Tastiger   22 mins, 52 secs   74.844%   1379.97
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 05:36:02 PM

I have a bunch of coins stuck on C-cex because there wallet has been in maintenance for over a week now. Does anyone know why it is taking so long as I want to withdraw my coins and buy some more assets. I did post in there thread here but no answer about the BURST wallet.

We have repaired the issues with 1.2.4 wallet, and will hopefully be releasing it tomorrow, as long as the final testing we're doing now goes as expected. We will then let C-CeX know about the fix, and that will fix the issue.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:03:24 PM

Just wanted to say I really like the new OP page.
Awesome work and look!
 Smiley

MM

Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:05:57 PM

As you know, we've been trying to get people to load-balance the pools, to break-up the power of Ninfa, and make Burst mining more rewarding for everyone. Well, Crowetic has been in communication with the co-ordinator of the large miners on Ninja, and they've agreed to spread across three of the pools, if we make changes to the pools. We've agreed to those changes.

The changes that are being made are to the acceptable pool deadlines - the very long reward times accepted by the pools other than Ninja cause too many nonces to be submitted and too much system lag to be acceptable for the large miners.

So, as of now - the deadline on Ninja has been dropped to 12 hours, pool.burst-team.us and pool.burstcoin.biz have been dropped to 14 days each. pool.burstcoin.eu has not, and will not be changed.

As of 8AM EST tomorrow burst-pool.us will be dropping to a 2 day deadline and pool.burstcoin.biz will be dropping to 4 days. Again pool.burst.coin.eu will not be affected by these changes.

The MINIMUM recommended capacity to mine at the pools is as follows:

burst.ninja - 60TB
pool.burst-team.us -15TB
pool.burstcoin.biz -8TB
pool.burstcoin.eu - Anything.

You can mine on any pool with a higher recommended amount than you have, but it will result in you missing deadlines and earning shares you would on one of the other pools. Additionally, it's possible some of these deadlines could be lowered further.

Additionally, I'm looking at putting a max acceptable cap on pool.burstcoin.eu to protect it from a large miner dominating the pool. Any miner over a to be decided capacity (probably in the 20-50 TB range), will be asked by blockchain message to move to another pool. If they don't/won't - their IP will be banned from the pool.

H.

-[ANNouncement]-  Change of accepted share deadline limit on BURST team hosted pools (ninja, burst-team, biz, and eu)

In order to balance the power on the network (namely ninja pool which has a substantial amount of power) I have been in contact with the mining team that dominates the pool.

I have asked them to move some of their power, however, when they did it at first there was some lag caused by this on the burst-team pool...

Because of this, we have decided to make some modifications to the structure of the accepted deadlines of the pool, in order to keep the lag down.

The new deadline limits will be...

ninja - 12 hours

burst-team - 2 days

biz - 4 days

eu - will not be changed (setup for smaller miners to be able to get the most of their smaller deadline submissions.)

In all reality this will not affect the payouts of any miners much, because if you get a deadline of over 2 days you are not likely to get much in the way of pay anyway...

However, this WILL drastically reduce the amount of lag on the pools, and thus, the mining team has agreed to spread their power out...

As of right now, they have moved 22 accounts over to burst-team pool... We will make the change in roughly 8 hours. We gave as much notice as possible in such a serious situation.

The large mining team will spread their power out further, once we've proven that the lag has diminished due to our changes, and they will be setup on the 3 larger pools, spreading out the hashpower they have, which is quite substantial.

Thank you for your understanding, and support!

-crowetic

Please add such information to the ANN.
Would be nice.

Sorry for quoting all this. But it is not unimportant for new or returning miners.

I am going to switch the pool for some tests.
Don´t know why, but the last days my payouts reduced 50% @ pool.burstcoin.eu
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 11:46:57 PM

We have repaired the issues with 1.2.4 wallet, and will hopefully be releasing it tomorrow, as long as the final testing we're doing now goes as expected. We will then let C-CeX know about the fix, and that will fix the issue.

Thanks crowetic for updating us on the issue and I can't wait for it to be fixed so I can withdraw my BURST and buy more assets  Grin

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 03:10:33 AM

Anyone have thoughts on the Spacement white paper? Particularly the part where they mention BURST:

"The most notable security issue with Burstcoin is time-memory tradeoffs: a miner doing just a little extra computation can mine at the same rate as an honest miner, while using just a small fraction (e.g., 10%) of the space."

See the end of page 4 and also end of page 26 thru 28:
https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/528.pdf

There also mention some other problems related to verification and nothing-at-stake or grinding. Seems like these guys are the real deal, half of them from MIT.

Edit: Also, is v1.2.3 still OK to use?
Turn0ff

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

For Sell

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 05:03:18 AM

Anyone have thoughts on the Spacement white paper? Particularly the part where they mention BURST:

"The most notable security issue with Burstcoin is time-memory tradeoffs: a miner doing just a little extra computation can mine at the same rate as an honest miner, while using just a small fraction (e.g., 10%) of the space."

There also mention some other problems related to verification and nothing-at-stake or grinding. Seems like these guys are the real deal, half of them from MIT.

I believe this vulnerability is known and the very reason BurstDev worked on what became known as PoC2, which would address this problem. PoC2 was, however, never implemented before he stoped developmental work. As I understand it, the new team is aware of the weakness and that a "PoC2" will be presented later. This is, however, not confirmed but just my guesses from communication with various people.

Whether the weakness is true or not, it must be stated that it still is possible to make a decent profit from regular hardware with BURST.

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 06:36:30 AM

I believe this vulnerability is known and the very reason BurstDev worked on what became known as PoC2, which would address this problem. PoC2 was, however, never implemented before he stoped developmental work. As I understand it, the new team is aware of the weakness and that a "PoC2" will be presented later. This is, however, not confirmed but just my guesses from communication with various people.

Whether the weakness is true or not, it must be stated that it still is possible to make a decent profit from regular hardware with BURST.

That particular weakness doesn't actually exist in BURST, however, there is a potential issue we've found, though I don't find it worrysome...

That being said, that is one of the things that is addressed in PoC2.

Also, before anyone asks, yes, you can mine on GPU, no, it doesn't make sense either.

Any so-called 'issue' with the current algo, I do not believe to be viable enough to cause an issue, as it simply isn't cost-effective... This, by no means, doesn't mean we're not addressing it.

The way PoC2 will function, is completely different in that particular aspect. The current algo is solid in every aspect, only thing that anyone has ever brought up is disbelief in the fact that GPU and ASIC mining isn't viable, but according to anyone who has tested it, a high end GPU can only mine equivalent of 35GB or so of HDD space.

But do not worry, HDD mining is here to stay, and every potential issue brought up will go through proper scrutiny, as it should with any software, and a solution will be brought to the table.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
overdozedCEO

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:19:28 AM

Awesome work and look!
 Smiley

MM

Thx for the positive feedback Wink 

arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:37:06 AM

Awesome work and look!
 Smiley

MM

Thx for the positive feedback Wink 
moving good again from trex seeing green means stabiity i hope much more traders will come and keep using this coin for our community. good luck dev keep it up.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: