Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346475 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:58:28 PM

Has everyone gone solo, all the Pools seem to be winning very few Blocks?

Rich

Look here

http://observer.ddns.net:1111/pool

BURST-BYAS-AZU5-RPWX-B4HQ5 is finding all the blocks.  Are they a pool?  Maybe someone with a bunch of storage servers?

that's a pool, i recognize the last four of the address, can't think which, maybe ddns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morantis

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:01:31 PM

Rich

Look here

BURST-BYAS-AZU5-RPWX-B4HQ5 is finding all the blocks.  Are they a pool?  Maybe someone with a bunch of storage servers?

that's a pool, i recognize the last four of the address, can't think which, maybe ddns

actually i am wrong, i never paid out to that address, not sure
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:45:35 PM

Rich

Look here

So it would appear that the mysterious group of 50+ Miners that appeared back in March have moved on to pastures new. Unfortunately although the Dev's obviously knew all about them back then there was no explanation.

Closing in 8PB fast without, as I understand, new miners joining. Are the newbies expanding their capacity?

I think that latest spike is largely accounted for by the 55 New Miners on ninja each with around 40TB, so 2PB. However will be interesting to see if it continues to grow. I guess it only needs a few of the Miners who dropped out earlier to come back and there is a lot of scope for further rapid growth?

Rich

As stated above, I know what is causing the growth, and it is the miners on my pool, and you can expect those accounts to grow a bit longer, I'm not exactly sure how much... but it is a dedicated group, and they are very pleased with the coin.

So I suspect there will be no explanation as their departure or where they have gone? Although one could surmise that they have also got fed up with the ninja forking and have moved to a Pool of their own?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 08:38:12 PM

Rich, I don't know why you're always so cynical... however, here's the explanation once again...

This is a large group of miners who have moved now to a new pool, I will likely have them move a few back to ninja though, as their pool is now dominating the network. We are just trying to get the power balanced out.

They are donating 2% to development, and 2% to the assets based on our other pools, so they aren't taking any coin away from the assets, and they're also helping to pay for development.

Having them all on ninja was making ninja too large, and since a lot of people didn't want to move from ninja, we just had them move to another pool.

I'll likely ask them to move a few miners back to ninja, and maybe a couple to a few other pools.

But... just so you know, it doesn't take away from your income, no matter what... you'll just get bigger payouts when you do get payouts as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones. The pool's number of blocks really makes no difference to your overall income.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
RichBC

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:53:36 PM

Rich, I don't know why you're always so cynical... however, here's the explanation once again...

Call my cynical if you like.  Smiley  But..... I still find it curious that 6 Months ago 50 miners representing around half the network appeared out of nowhere and have now moved on from ninja to an anonymous pool.

As they are so dominant it would be nice for their background and objectives to be made clear as opposed to your rather thin "explanation" of them being "a large group of miners"

BTW I actually quite liked the option of Mining with them as it made for a very steady and predictable income, as opposed to the variance that one faces on a Pool winning very few blocks.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 09:03:04 PM

Call my cynical if you like.  Smiley  But..... I still find it curious that 6 Months ago 50 miners representing around half the network appeared out of nowhere and have now moved on from ninja to an anonymous pool.

As they are so dominant it would be nice for their background and objectives to be made clear as opposed to your rather thin "explanation" of them being "a large group of miners"

BTW I actually quite liked the option of Mining with them as it made for a very steady and predictable income, as opposed to the variance that one faces on a Pool winning very few blocks.

Rich

Well, as far as I know from my communications with them, and their decision to help development with 2% of their mining income, and also still support the assets based on the other pools, they have no mal intent whatsoever.

I think that potentially we can consolidate on a few of the pools, and make a few larger ones, and/or just wait for more miners to join. I'll also ask them if they're willing to move a few back to ninja. I do know that they didn't like the higher deadline limits on the smaller pools, so they prefer ninja's limit or lower.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
RichBC

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:16:20 PM

Well, as far as I know from my communications with them, and their decision to help development with 2% of their mining income, and also still support the assets based on the other pools, they have no mal intent whatsoever.

I think that potentially we can consolidate on a few of the pools, and make a few larger ones, and/or just wait for more miners to join. I'll also ask them if they're willing to move a few back to ninja. I do know that they didn't like the higher deadline limits on the smaller pools, so they prefer ninja's limit or lower.

You would make a good Politician with your deftness at evading questions.  Smiley

It's not that I prefer ninja but that I have found even with my relatively small TB that I also prefer the lower ninja deadline as although I will only hit the target 2 out of 3 times it makes for far less submissions to the pool, not much over 1 per miner / Block and this makes for a much better response from the pool particularly with my poor internet connection.

I also prefer mining on a Pool where there is a Block or 2 per Hour being won, so having some of them back would be great. If not perhaps the pool fee could be reduced?

Rich

morantis

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:34:11 PM

You would make a good Politician with your deftness at evading questions.  Smiley

It's not that I prefer ninja but that I have found even with my relatively small TB that I also prefer the lower ninja deadline as although I will only hit the target 2 out of 3 times it makes for far less submissions to the pool, not much over 1 per miner / Block and this makes for a much better response from the pool particularly with my poor internet connection.

I also prefer mining on a Pool where there is a Block or 2 per Hour being won, so having some of them back would be great. If not perhaps the pool fee could be reduced?

Rich

i appreciate wanting to know who the miners are but at the same time, it is the way of Crypto.  it is anonymous and that is why we chose it
RichBC

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:44:59 PM

i appreciate wanting to know who the miners are but at the same time, it is the way of Crypto.  it is anonymous and that is why we chose it

I never expected an answer, however in general Burst Miners have been a very open and supportive group. Yes many choose, as is their right, to be anonymous, however I felt it not unreasonable 6 Months ago to enquire about the anonymous gang of 50 who overnight doubled the TB on the network, and have now chosen to move to an anonymous pool.

It's not like you can make available that amount of TB without some experience and a significant amount of time spent Plotting.  Smiley

Rich

pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:13:58 PM

i appreciate wanting to know who the miners are but at the same time, it is the way of Crypto.  it is anonymous and that is why we chose it

I never expected an answer, however in general Burst Miners have been a very open and supportive group. Yes many choose, as is their right, to be anonymous, however I felt it not unreasonable 6 Months ago to enquire about the anonymous gang of 50 who overnight doubled the TB on the network, and have now chosen to move to an anonymous pool.

It's not like you can make available that amount of TB without some experience and a significant amount of time spent Plotting.  Smiley

Rich

the 50 miners on that pool could be the same person. At least it seems their funds get sent to the same poloniex funding account. They may have an arrangement to collectively sell the mining profits and send btc to the owners, that would make sense, easier if it's all automatic.

my guess is that it's a small number of people running the operation, perhaps only one. But they seem to know what they're doing and they are very welcome to help us making the burst chain much stronger.  The stronger the chain, the higher the security and the more attrative the coin is, so it gets valued higher.

here's hoping more whale miners show up so the coin gains value.

i'm chugging along with my near 100TB, and i'm staying at that level for now. My capacity is not that far from maxed out , so i'll wait a bit bf jumping the next hurdle.
Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:23:51 PM

Rich

the 50 miners on that pool could be the same person. At least it seems their funds get sent to the same poloniex funding account. They may have an arrangement to collectively sell the mining profits and send btc to the owners, that would make sense, easier if it's all automatic.

my guess is that it's a small number of people running the operation, perhaps only one. But they seem to know what they're doing and they are very welcome to help us making the burst chain much stronger.  The stronger the chain, the higher the security and the more attrative the coin is, so it gets valued higher.

here's hoping more whale miners show up so the coin gains value.

i'm chugging along with my near 100TB, and i'm staying at that level for now. My capacity is not that far from maxed out , so i'll wait a bit bf jumping the next hurdle.

Or they may dump.

Could be...

But there is always someone who like cheap bursts to buy them Wink
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 03:29:54 AM

Also, just so everyone knows, I've asked Sebastian AKA b457 to come make contact so asset holders feel more secure. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:07:23 AM

Rich
I guess its a touchy subject no comments from the big doggs? How much burstcoin left at the rate of this secret pool?
RichBC

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:53:13 AM

I think this is a good assessment. If you look at the timing of the Reward Assignments to the new pool they have obviously been done in sequence by the same person. So even if it is a "Group" then it is being managed by an individual. Amusingly the first payment to the new pool is from faucet.burstcoin.info

If you then delve a little deeper it becomes clear who is probably managing the "Group", however I will leave it to those that are interested to do their own sleuthing.   Grin

Rich

tross

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:12:33 AM

This is a large group of miners who have moved now to a new pool, I will likely have them move a few back to ninja though, as their pool is now dominating the network. We are just trying to get the power balanced out.

They are donating 2% to development, and 2% to the assets based on our other pools, so they aren't taking any coin away from the assets, and they're also helping to pay for development.

Having them all on ninja was making ninja too large, and since a lot of people didn't want to move from ninja, we just had them move to another pool.

I'll likely ask them to move a few miners back to ninja, and maybe a couple to a few other pools.

But... just so you know, it doesn't take away from your income, no matter what... you'll just get bigger payouts when you do get payouts as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones. The pool's number of blocks really makes no difference to your overall income.

So far my pool has been 100% non profit! I put almost all I had into http://burstpool.ddns.net/ . Bottom line is if we dont get block winners then this pool will fail. Not only will I fail but others will too.
I hope all pools will be supported! Decentralized is achieved when its spread across the world and not centralized to a couple servers in the United States. 

http://cpumining.zapto.org/ <<<<<pow coin mining    http://solominer.ddns.net/<<<<<<< is the place to mine! 
Burstcoin mining POC mining
daWallet

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 12:12:25 PM

Burst is decentralized by design and a huge mining operation has significant overhead costs.

Crunch the numbers: More than $ 200 000 in hardware and high power cost every month for running some Petabytes. Today the whole networks mines exactly 1 Mio Burst a day.... so around $ 800 worth of coins.  So he maybe mines $ 200 worth of coins a day... with so many costs.

It's just a matter of time until the network will be over 20 PB and growing. The piece of cake for this big miners will get smaller and smaller.

http://burstcoin.biz/charts/burstcoins-mined-per-day

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:04:41 PM

Burst is decentralized by design and a huge mining operation has significant overhead costs.

Crunch the numbers: More than $ 200 000 in hardware and high power cost every month for running some Petabytes. Today the whole networks mines exactly 1 Mio Burst a day.... so around $ 800 worth of coins.  So he maybe mines $ 200 worth of coins a day... with so many costs.

It's just a matter of time until the network will be over 20 PB and growing. The piece of cake for this big miners will get smaller and smaller.

Can you imagine this little coin is that big
yellowduck2

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:28:07 PM

Can you imagine this little coin is that big

And yet the market cap is so small.
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 06:24:24 PM

Happy to report that the NRS version 1.2.6 for Windows is working like a CHARM - Everything is SO simple an self explanatory, that I was Pool Mining in NO time (once I had written my Plots)! LOVE how this Coin is also MUCH more "green" than others, using very small amounts of psu/energy. Thanks BURST!   Smiley

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 09:42:44 PM

Happy to report that the NRS version 1.2.6 for Windows is working like a CHARM - Everything is SO simple an self explanatory, that I was Pool Mining in NO time (once I had written my Plots)! LOVE how this Coin is also MUCH more "green" than others, using very small amounts of psu/energy. Thanks BURST!   Smiley

We're glad you're happy, stay tuned for our next announcements. Welcome to BURST!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: