Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:58:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346475 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
theduuude

Activity: 194
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:42:50 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 03:01:58 PM by theduuude

Ahhh just thought it was something different with command line. I've only got an I5 2500k and see a max of 6000 nonces/min with 4 threads but have never used the async option.

Nothing tricky in my .bat:
Code:
wplotgenerator 4163282010088137402 76054000 7625000 25000 10 /async
PAUSE

I think it's more just high-end (and well overclocked) cpu.  Also, put in async mode, so plots are still being constantly generated, even when they're also being written to disk.  With gpu plotter, there's a lot of down time on the gpu because no plots are created while they're written to disk.  So ya, faster (and I imagine cheaper) plotting with cpu plotter.

Of course, the gpu plotter has capabilities to use lots of gpus and to write lots of plot files to different directories at the same time...

Ya, I'd imagine the only differences are in the cpu's.  And to be fair, once the plotter was done with the plot i posted, it ended up being 30k nonces/min.

...and amount of ram, if you run out nonces/min will suffer.  i've had best plot speed with stagger = ram/2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 05:50:54 AM

I looked at many faucets and only one works. Many of them say there are transaction problems with the wallet. I want to know what is going on because I want to invest in this currency. Thank you for the help.

The faucets seem to work fine for me and if this message comes up just refresh and try again and most of the time it works. If not then just wait a while and try again later. I highly recommend you join the Burst team forum http://forums.burst-team.us:4567/ where you can read up on everything that is going on with Burst.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Evolver

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:05:20 AM

hosted mining is that you can buy some TB from Burstcoin.news to get some BURST continual (like GHS in c-cex at the past). But currently i working on the Exchange...
Ihasweakhandz

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:49:06 AM

burstcoin trading is open on livecoin.net

"Dear clients, new market #BURST/#BTC are available for trading #livecoin "

https://twitter.com/livecoin_net/status/780335319359098880

https://www.livecoin.net/en/trade/index?currencyPair=BURST%2FBTC
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:28:20 PM

Can someone please sort ninja, we are stuck / forked since Block: 27765 everyone else on Block: 277687.

If you look at.

https://monitor.burst-team.us/

It's easy to see any Pool that is stuck / forked, can this information not be used to send an email / alert people and get these problems solved more quickly?

Thanks

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 02:31:33 PM

Can someone please sort ninja, we are stuck / forked since Block: 27765 everyone else on Block: 277687.

If you look at.

https://monitor.burst-team.us/

It's easy to see any Pool that is stuck / forked, can this information not be used to send an email / alert people and get these problems solved more quickly?

Thanks

Rich

It would be easier to just make a problem which alerts people when you make a post.  Wink

All jokes aside. I don't know how much work it would require and but there is a few limiting factors. Like the fact you need to choose a reliant source or you might get fakes notifications, which would make the solution unreliable. (And if you got a reliable source, why not use it to run the pool?)

You could also just choose another pool or mine solo. I have read a lot of your posts (Related to forking issues) and switching to a pool with another source code then burst.ninja might be able to solve most (if not all) of your problems.

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
RichBC

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 02:44:43 PM

The point I am making is that I can see ninja is forked, you can see ninja is forked and the Burstcoin network Monitor can see it's Forked, so surely it could raise an alert, even if there are a few false alarms?

Why is noone else concerned about these Forks? I switched to http://burstpool.ddns.net/ for about a Week but that also Forked and has been down for some time now, although I see it has just come back up. This is not just a ninja problem it's a general problem and the solution is not for me to say nothing or for people to switch to a Pool based on different software.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
tross

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:37:27 PM

The point I am making is that I can see ninja is forked, you can see ninja is forked and the Burstcoin network Monitor can see it's Forked, so surely it could raise an alert, even if there are a few false alarms?

Why is noone else concerned about these Forks? I switched to http://burstpool.ddns.net/ for about a Week but that also Forked and has been down for some time now, although I see it has just come back up. This is not just a ninja problem it's a general problem and the solution is not for me to say nothing or for people to switch to a Pool based on different software.

Rich

My pool went down over the weekend and had to wait till I was back in country to fix the problem. I now know where I went wrong and learned a good lesson. I like to be dependable but blew it this weekend.
My wallet didnt fork but got stuck today. All it took was a wallet restart but it takes time to get it sync again. No matter where I am I keep an eye on the pool (wife just loves that) but never the less I try to fix problems asap. My remote plan was good but also needed a backup plan. I am squared away now just need to configure and test it. 

http://cpumining.zapto.org/ <<<<<pow coin mining    http://solominer.ddns.net/<<<<<<< is the place to mine! 
Burstcoin mining POC mining
RichBC

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:34:49 PM

@tross Please understand I appreciate the effort that you and others who are running pools are putting in for small rewards. What I do not understand is why there are objections to me pointing out when pools are Stuck or Forked particularly when it has been obvious for some Hours that something is wrong?

It is now over 2 months since Forking became a significant issue on the network and yes I appreciate that on occasions it costs the Pool Owner money and if it was an easy problem to solve then it would have been fixed......

Bottom line is it can happen to any Pool not just the ninja based ones. As well as the Pool owners it costs Miners money as well. If I look at daily earnings days when a pool has gone Down or Forked are very obvious. It does not put Burst in a good light if at it's current size a problem like this can take this long to solve, what hope have we if there were 10 x the number of Pools and Miners?

I do not think the solution, as people are fond of suggesting, is for Miners to spread themselves evenly across the Pools or for them to use non ninja based Pools. I for one prefer the ninja pools. The Display with the wealth of information it provides and the clarity there is as to your Historic and Current Round Share. It was in fact one of the things that first attracted me to Burst.

So to those that it may concern. Please stop moaning at me when after some Hours of waiting I point out a Pool is Forked. Please stop telling me to use non ninja Pools, and yes I would go Solo except that I sometimes go 3 Days without finding a Block, and that's not a lot of fun. Finally please keep us informed as to current thinking on what the issue is, what is being tried, and what progress is being made? Transparency and information even if it's bad news is always better than being kept in the dark.

Thanks

Rich

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:52:04 PM

Ahhh just thought it was something different with command line. I've only got an I5 2500k and see a max of 6000 nonces/min with 4 threads but have never used the async option.

Nothing tricky in my .bat:
Code:
wplotgenerator 4163282010088137402 76054000 7625000 25000 10 /async
PAUSE

I think it's more just high-end (and well overclocked) cpu.  Also, put in async mode, so plots are still being constantly generated, even when they're also being written to disk.  With gpu plotter, there's a lot of down time on the gpu because no plots are created while they're written to disk.  So ya, faster (and I imagine cheaper) plotting with cpu plotter.

Of course, the gpu plotter has capabilities to use lots of gpus and to write lots of plot files to different directories at the same time...

Ya, I'd imagine the only differences are in the cpu's.  And to be fair, once the plotter was done with the plot i posted, it ended up being 30k nonces/min.

...and amount of ram, if you run out nonces/min will suffer.  i've had best plot speed with stagger = ram/2

Makes sense....As I always run the optimizer on my plots, I'm not so concerned with stagger size though.  When plotting, I just just pick a sufficiently large stagger that will divide into my plot size evenly (typically 10k-25k).

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:54:33 PM

https://intelledger.github.io/introduction.html

A description of Intel's Sawtooth Lake which uses "Proof of Elapsed Time".  I'm curious how this correlates with the PoC protocol Burst uses.

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:52:43 PM

@tross Please understand I appreciate the effort that you and others who are running pools are putting in for small rewards. What I do not understand is why there are objections to me pointing out when pools are Stuck or Forked particularly when it has been obvious for some Hours that something is wrong?

It is now over 2 months since Forking became a significant issue on the network and yes I appreciate that on occasions it costs the Pool Owner money and if it was an easy problem to solve then it would have been fixed......

Bottom line is it can happen to any Pool not just the ninja based ones. As well as the Pool owners it costs Miners money as well. If I look at daily earnings days when a pool has gone Down or Forked are very obvious. It does not put Burst in a good light if at it's current size a problem like this can take this long to solve, what hope have we if there were 10 x the number of Pools and Miners?

I do not think the solution, as people are fond of suggesting, is for Miners to spread themselves evenly across the Pools or for them to use non ninja based Pools. I for one prefer the ninja pools. The Display with the wealth of information it provides and the clarity there is as to your Historic and Current Round Share. It was in fact one of the things that first attracted me to Burst.

So to those that it may concern. Please stop moaning at me when after some Hours of waiting I point out a Pool is Forked. Please stop telling me to use non ninja Pools, and yes I would go Solo except that I sometimes go 3 Days without finding a Block, and that's not a lot of fun. Finally please keep us informed as to current thinking on what the issue is, what is being tried, and what progress is being made? Transparency and information even if it's bad news is always better than being kept in the dark.

Thanks

Rich

transparency is always nice, and it is something that is NOT required of any business model or set up.  no client or customer ever has the right to demand this.  it is something that is either there or not.  My friend is a manager at a grocery store chain down here and i was there dropping off something the other day and a little old lady asked why there was no X on the shelf, he stated they were out and more would come on the next truck, she asked when the truck comes and he said the next day.....all fine, THEN she asked how many cases were coming, he said he was not sure and would check, i was standing there and while he was in the office checking i read her the riot act.  if she wants to know specifics about orders and what not, she should open her own grocery.  he business is from shelf to check out and nothing more. 

Ninja pool has more info on it than which other pool?   tell me exactly which you are comparing because other than the pretty little pie, the info(not including round number and shit) is "current round pays", "historic pays", and "who found the blocks", other than who found the blocks, what info are you talking about?  and if I want to know who found which block, i'll use a block explorer
RichBC

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:13:14 PM

Thanks

Rich

transparency is always nice, and it is something that is NOT required of any business model or set up.  no client or customer ever has the right to demand this.  it is something that is either there or not.  My friend is a manager at a grocery store chain down here and i was there dropping off something the other day and a little old lady asked why there was no X on the shelf, he stated they were out and more would come on the next truck, she asked when the truck comes and he said the next day.....all fine, THEN she asked how many cases were coming, he said he was not sure and would check, i was standing there and while he was in the office checking i read her the riot act.  if she wants to know specifics about orders and what not, she should open her own grocery.  he business is from shelf to check out and nothing more. 

Ninja pool has more info on it than which other pool?   tell me exactly which you are comparing because other than the pretty little pie, the info(not including round number and shit) is "current round pays", "historic pays", and "who found the blocks", other than who found the blocks, what info are you talking about?  and if I want to know who found which block, i'll use a block explorer

So you are saying that you consider the level of Forking and consequent downtime of the pools to be acceptable and that we have no right to ask what is going on or what the progress is being made on a solution?

On the data available on ninja pools relative to the other flavour of Pools then yes I like the coloured pies. I like that the Miners names are shown. I like that you can quickly see who has won the recent Blocks on and off the pool. I like that the Current Round and Historic Shares data is clear and easily understandable and that it represents the Payout that you will receive as opposed to an unclear and typically large number that bears no resemblance to what you will receive. I like it that the Historic Share is based on the last 50 Rounds and not thrown away after every payout or after 100 non paying rounds.

Maybe the above is unimportant to others, but I like it.  Smiley

Rich

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:20:43 PM

Thanks

Rich

So you are saying that you consider the level of Forking and consequent downtime of the pools to be acceptable and that we have no right to ask what is going on or what the progress is being made on a solution?

On the data available on ninja pools relative to the other flavour of Pools then yes I like the coloured pies. I like that the Miners names are shown. I like that you can quickly see who has won the recent Blocks on and off the pool. I like that the Current Round and Historic Shares data is clear and easily understandable and that it represents the Payout that you will receive as opposed to an unclear and typically large number that bears no resemblance to what you will receive. I like it that the Historic Share is based on the last 50 Rounds and not thrown away after every payout or after 100 non paying rounds.

Maybe the above is unimportant to others, but I like it.  Smiley

Rich

i am sorry, i thought i was talking to someone that was in business for money and business, not the colored little pies and color-coded and named interface and i actually know how to deal with forks and non-accepted side chains and my private pool has been on the right chain the whole time.  In answer to the first portion, yes, you can complain and NO they don't owe you anything as far as information because it is their business and not yours.  Want info? Make your own token/coin, surround it with pretty little pies and even name your account.  I am going back to making money, have fun with your pies.  See, I am responsible for other people's money too and while the pool that hooks for them is blue burstpowernetwork.ml has a protected side chain that operates 4 wallets and miners that constantly use the same internal confirmation system that the Satoshi advised, that way we know when a chain is out of the box and when one is not
RichBC

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:50:44 PM

I am also here to mine as much Burst for the least cost possible. So clarity of the payments is important to me as is being on a reliable pool and having sufficient mining power on that pool that there can be regular payments.

I agree that the pretty colours and names are unimportant to the returns, however they do no harm and add some colour to what is otherwise a boring and bland process. I still feel the other data that is available on ninja is very informative as to what your reward will be and how the Pool is doing relative to others.

I have taken a look at burstpowernetwork.ml and I only see 2 Mners and very little money being paid out, so it may or may not be robust, but it is not  being stressed and is currently way too small to offer and benefit over solo mining.

Rich

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 10:54:25 PM

There are some fixes in place temporarily that seem to have ceased the forking issues that we were seeing.

The wallets do sometimes though, under heavy load, get 'stuck' and require a restart.

We are building new pool software to sort this issue out. But the forking should have been solved a few weeks back, I don't think any of the pools have actually forked since this fix was applied.

I was very busy the last few days, so the sole responsibility was on haitch to handle any pool issues, and for a time there, there weren't any.

I also know that he DOES have emails setup to go off when a pool is having an issue, or marked as 'forked' by the monitor. So that's already there, the only issue is that there are only two of us with access to ninja's root, and so it's on one of us to handle the issues when they arise. I myself was like I said very busy, so it was on solely haitch. If it hadn't been for him fixing the issues, they'd have been happening even longer.

The new pool software should be finished fairly soon, and I believe it is undergoing live testing as we speak. This will distribute the load on the wallets, and help out with the stalling issues we've been seeing, even after the fork issues were handled.

Thanks!

I've got more news, but I'll likely be posting that in a day or two, still catching up from the long family weekend. Hope all is well!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:03:02 AM

There are some fixes in place temporarily that seem to have ceased the forking issues that we were seeing.

The wallets do sometimes though, under heavy load, get 'stuck' and require a restart.

We are building new pool software to sort this issue out. But the forking should have been solved a few weeks back, I don't think any of the pools have actually forked since this fix was applied.

I was very busy the last few days, so the sole responsibility was on haitch to handle any pool issues, and for a time there, there weren't any.

I also know that he DOES have emails setup to go off when a pool is having an issue, or marked as 'forked' by the monitor. So that's already there, the only issue is that there are only two of us with access to ninja's root, and so it's on one of us to handle the issues when they arise. I myself was like I said very busy, so it was on solely haitch. If it hadn't been for him fixing the issues, they'd have been happening even longer.

The new pool software should be finished fairly soon, and I believe it is undergoing live testing as we speak. This will distribute the load on the wallets, and help out with the stalling issues we've been seeing, even after the fork issues were handled.

Thanks!

I've got more news, but I'll likely be posting that in a day or two, still catching up from the long family weekend. Hope all is well!

Ya, seems the dev v2 pool is also stuck/forked... Is pool software the root cause?  Or does this forking issue lie within the Burst protocol?  I would think developing/updating "new pool software" as a work-around for a deeper issue is the wrong approach to take here, especially since most pool miners would then be incentivised to mine on said pool, which doesn't help at all with decentralization.

vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:05:03 AM

Ya, seems the dev v2 pool is also stuck/forked... Is pool software the root cause?  Or does this forking issue lie within the Burst protocol?  I would think developing/updating "new pool software" as a work-around for a deeper issue is the wrong approach to take here, especially since most pool miners would then be incentivised to mine on said pool, which doesn't help at all with decentralization.

I'm solo mining, and since 1.2.6 came out my main burst client (that I mine against) was on a fork 4 times.
I run another named burst client to support the network, without local miners, it got forked once.

Interestingly, my database folders contain a " burst.mv.db" of 7 - 9 GBytes (9 right after syncing, shrinking to ~7 after a few hours).
The downloaded db.zip contains a "burst.h2.db" of ~3,5 GByte. I always sync from the network and pulled the file out of curiosity, and did not start a wallet with it yet.

Why the different naming and size ?
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 02:41:44 AM

I'm solo mining, and since 1.2.6 came out my main burst client (that I mine against) was on a fork 4 times.
I run another named burst client to support the network, without local miners, it got forked once.

Interestingly, my database folders contain a " burst.mv.db" of 7 - 9 GBytes (9 right after syncing, shrinking to ~7 after a few hours).
The downloaded db.zip contains a "burst.h2.db" of ~3,5 GByte. I always sync from the network and pulled the file out of curiosity, and did not start a wallet with it yet.

Why the different naming and size ?

IIRC it has something to do with the way the multithreaded wallet handles the db.

Also @includebeer - we are currently unable to figure out the 'root cause' of the issues, but they lie within the wallet. Interestingly, they seem to not happen unless there's a miner or a bunch pointed at the wallets.

We resolved the fork issue with a use of the older burst.jar from 1.2.3 version. These are temp fixes until we can re-make the error for the devs and have them fix the actual issue.

The new pool software will be available to everyone, so the issue with decentralization is a non-issue.

The pool software is to alleviate the load on the wallets so that the issue doesn't rear its head in production environment, while at the same time we resolve the actual issue.

So far, the devs haven't been able to recreate the problem since it only seems to happen on pool wallets. We're open to any ideas from anyone as far as what the 'real issue' could be.

As far as i'm concerned it has to have something to do with the multithreading that was added to the wallet, as it only started doing it after that. But since it is seemingly random, and we're not able to reproduce it on a testnet, we're setting up some workarounds for now, while we investigate the issue further.

I personally don't think there's an issue with the way we're going about it whatsoever.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:07:04 AM

Rich

The monitor is setup to email/text me when any of the pools fork - however there is still some reliability work required - sometimes it doesn't email me. When it does, I check and resolve as soon as possible.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: