Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:07:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:19:21 AM

I also agree with you all. bitcoin might not make disappear the bank, because the bank is a financial institution that is essential for the international economy

We share the same thought, banks  will never disapper even if bitcoin become international currency.  The reason is that bank isn't for money storage alone.  Banks are also used to store precious metal or delicate documents which is locked inside it's vault.  So even if Bitcoin control the currency, bank will simply find its way to adopt in the situation and taking advantage and earning out of it.

We don't see any strong reason behind bitcoin replacing banks, as bitcoin is too small in compare to banks and banks holds support from the society and Government, where people don't have much faith in bitcoin.

Yeah, it is really hard to believe that bitcoin is going to make banks disappear and even though bitcoin is having high value at all. Banks will always be there because all the people need banks for a country. But I am thinking that this is be possible that the bitcoin are going to be adopted by banks but they are not able to make it disappear.
Not gonna happen, even in the future, bitcoin is just created by an anonymous person while banks are created by the government a long time ago, therefore if you will analyze it is impossible to make a trusted entity disappear just to welcome an anonymous asset or currency.
Banks Is the most secure place to keep our money although there are so many fees we need to pay for administration and etc. bitcoin Wallet is needed for some one that wanna lower fee to keep money. bitcoin world can be help someone that wanna find a way to get second resources. Bitcoin and bank, both is important.

They are still businesses so they get their profits to those  fees. Unlike bitcoin there is no physical thing, no need to rent a space for it to move. Those online wallets are the one taking fees for the capital they paid when they bought it and some more for employees income. If you have a offline wallet then there is no problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:46:48 AM

I also agree with you all. bitcoin might not make disappear the bank, because the bank is a financial institution that is essential for the international economy

We share the same thought, banks  will never disapper even if bitcoin become international currency.  The reason is that bank isn't for money storage alone.  Banks are also used to store precious metal or delicate documents which is locked inside it's vault.  So even if Bitcoin control the currency, bank will simply find its way to adopt in the situation and taking advantage and earning out of it.

We don't see any strong reason behind bitcoin replacing banks, as bitcoin is too small in compare to banks and banks holds support from the society and Government, where people don't have much faith in bitcoin.

Yeah, it is really hard to believe that bitcoin is going to make banks disappear and even though bitcoin is having high value at all. Banks will always be there because all the people need banks for a country. But I am thinking that this is be possible that the bitcoin are going to be adopted by banks but they are not able to make it disappear.
Not gonna happen, even in the future, bitcoin is just created by an anonymous person while banks are created by the government a long time ago, therefore if you will analyze it is impossible to make a trusted entity disappear just to welcome an anonymous asset or currency.
Banks Is the most secure place to keep our money although there are so many fees we need to pay for administration and etc. bitcoin Wallet is needed for some one that wanna lower fee to keep money. bitcoin world can be help someone that wanna find a way to get second resources. Bitcoin and bank, both is important.

They are still businesses so they get their profits to those  fees. Unlike bitcoin there is no physical thing, no need to rent a space for it to move. Those online wallets are the one taking fees for the capital they paid when they bought it and some more for employees income. If you have a offline wallet then there is no problem.

Bitcoin and banks can go together as long as there are bitcoins and fiat money circulating in the economy. There is no way that fiat money will gone and so there is no way banks will be out of business. Bitcoins has different use with fiat money in many ways so there is no way that it will replace fiat money and banks because it is just an alternative to using fiat money online.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:44:17 AM

Bitcoin cant make banks disappear but in future, it would reduce number of people who depends the banks for their daily transactions.
In future, a time may come where banks would be earning only by lending loans to people and it may take a long time to come.
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:47:15 AM

Bitcoin cant make banks disappear but in future, it would reduce number of people who depends the banks for their daily transactions.
In future, a time may come where banks would be earning only by lending loans to people and it may take a long time to come.

I don't think that the operations of banks will be limited only to lending services in future as there will be many people who will prefer to depend on banking system for their day to day transactions.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:56:52 AM

I don't think that the operations of banks will be limited only to lending services in future as there will be many people who will prefer to depend on banking system for their day to day transactions.
Correct bank will not disappear and it is good to all transaction will go thru in the bank it was avoiding scam, stealing or illegal transaction but no one can knows what will happen in the future.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:58:40 AM

100% no and no sense to think of this.

Banks has it's purposes that serves the people and bitcoin can't do all of that services alone.

Why dissappear if it's more convenient if we have them both?

yes this nothing for me and it doesn't make any sense bank vs. bitcoin people leteraly choose banks ofcourse it is more safe than bitcoin wallet and for me also bitcoin for me is just a side line where we can earn and save it into our bitcoin wallet and if we withdraw our money we use banks for it.
thend1949

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:02:24 PM

100% no and no sense to think of this.

Banks has it's purposes that serves the people and bitcoin can't do all of that services alone.

Why dissappear if it's more convenient if we have them both?

yes this nothing for me and it doesn't make any sense bank vs. bitcoin people leteraly choose banks ofcourse it is more safe than bitcoin wallet and for me also bitcoin for me is just a side line where we can earn and save it into our bitcoin wallet and if we withdraw our money we use banks for it.

yeah you are right! Impossible to make the banks disappear by bitcoin and its a very useless thing! We all know that people will always choose banks not bitcoin because it is our bank! Our traditional bank! Unlike bitcoin it is new to us and new to every one! We are using it as payment, earning and learning things from internet.
maudevang

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:17:21 PM

Thinking bitcoin can make banks dissappear is maybe a little bit too ambitious but it can make banks lose money ofcourse I think it's already doing that.
Ofcourse banks don't feel the pain yet but when it gets more globally adopted then they will feel the pain for sure.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:31:14 PM

Of course but imagine if lending would be implemented and bitcoin credit cards were made, it just mean that bitcoin users will not be anonymous because credit cards will need some identification of the user not just address and a signed message.
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:31:32 PM

Thinking bitcoin can make banks dissappear is maybe a little bit too ambitious but it can make banks lose money ofcourse I think it's already doing that.
Ofcourse banks don't feel the pain yet but when it gets more globally adopted then they will feel the pain for sure.

Bitcoin may not make banks disappear completely in future but it can surely reduce the number of customers of banks, as when people will get aware about bitcoins they may switch to bitcoins keeping banks behind.
Labumi

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:36:09 PM

Bitcoin may not make banks disappear completely in future but it can surely reduce the number of customers of banks, as when people will get aware about bitcoins they may switch to bitcoins keeping banks behind.

Yup it will most probably happen in the future, if indeed the bitcoin replaced the position of how transactions and also the storage too expensive if done in the bank. all of this will be something quite difficult for the bank, but I believe that the bank will remain standing. Because the bank is the agency controlling the circulation of money is there in the world and they are very important for this
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:06:26 PM

Yup it will most probably happen in the future, if indeed the bitcoin replaced the position of how transactions and also the storage too expensive if done in the bank. all of this will be something quite difficult for the bank, but I believe that the bank will remain standing. Because the bank is the agency controlling the circulation of money is there in the world and they are very important for this

I really don't think so. Why? Because bitcoins cap is just 21 million bitcoins and once we reach that amount, there will be no more bitcoins to produce. Hence, fiat money will still be here in the future and so with banks. We must look at bitcoin as an alternative to fiat money in our online transactions and other uses of bitcoins.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:00:56 PM

Banks got too much influence to dissapear. They are on the sidelines fighting to stop bitcoin's trend. First claiming bitcoin as their enemy but now launching their own blockchain solutions. So yeah with them being so influential I doubt bitcoin can make them dissapear.
universe_

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:17:29 PM

well yeah right now there is no reason for banks to be replaced by bitcoins though in the future it is still possible

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:26:28 AM

Banks got too much influence to dissapear. They are on the sidelines fighting to stop bitcoin's trend. First claiming bitcoin as their enemy but now launching their own blockchain solutions. So yeah with them being so influential I doubt bitcoin can make them dissapear.

Banks are now getting scared that they have a threat and they can see it to bitcoins. And if they aren't going do something about it for sure many clients of the banks are going to shift into using bitcoins. But the chance of making banks disappear by bitcoin is not going to happen. Because the government is not going to allow that.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:59:53 AM

Banks are now getting scared that they have a threat and they can see it to bitcoins. And if they aren't going do something about it for sure many clients of the banks are going to shift into using bitcoins. But the chance of making banks disappear by bitcoin is not going to happen. Because the government is not going to allow that.

I would disagree, banks are not threatened  on the existence of bitcoin since they are somehow assured that people  would really use their services and  in fact  banks are just storage and  bitcoin is just a digital currency which theres  no  sense for it  to make banks would disappear. One  thing  is for sure  government  wouldnt allow this thing to happen.

springgers

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:03:34 AM

If banks are scared about Bitcoin, you already know what they wanna do, right?
They will create a altcoin and put the world in the pocket, that's all.
And yeah, governments can ban Bitcoin.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:40:02 AM

If banks are scared about Bitcoin, you already know what they wanna do, right?
They will create a altcoin and put the world in the pocket, that's all.
And yeah, governments can ban Bitcoin.
I dont think bank need to be scared of bitcoin, bank also has a lot of advantage that can't be given by bitcoin,for example the insurance of your money when the bank collapse, and if you are being scammed you still bank still can help you traced, and bitcoin will never be able to replace bank
momochang

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:42:47 AM

I believe it will in the future.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:09:58 AM

i think banks cannot make banks disappear, because banks are so strong that it is not possible in present time to disappear banks, because bitcoin still need so many hard world to become so popular that people start using bitcoin instead of fiat currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: