Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427559 times)
Mr. Green

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:33:20 PM

Banking is a huge business. If something or someone makes banks disappear then people will disappear with them. Do you want your relatives and friends to disappear? I don't think so.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:38:51 PM

i think yes it can if all the people stop using banks and use wallet for their money i think bank will disappear.

That's too much of a dream and "if"... Not all are into using bitcoin and if that would happen it will take more than this lifetime... One thing is for sure, bitcoin will be living along with banks and we can't convince all the people to use bitcoin alone...  Smiley

I also do agree that is merely to impossible situation that people would stop using the banks. People is likely more comfortable with banks in my opinion especially if they have to idea about bitcoin wallet. Even if they do most of them still has doubts.

Banks will never disappear, bitcoin is not that strong that it can replace the strongest financial institution that hold great support and the trust from its customers.

Absolutely , even if bitcoin is a good crypto currency right now that dominates the market bitcoin is been in the industry for i think a decade or less? Unlike bank which is already there since people started to used money as the primary payment.

The best thing to happen is that banks and cryptocurrencies can work together. I imagine banks hosting there own wallets for its clients.

Me too i was also thinking the same idea. Instead of being against to each other it would be much better if they are going to work together as this would benefit in both bitcoin and bank users or wait i think also the owners.

That will never happen, banks will never support bitcoins as its an competitor to banks and banks may adopt blockchain technology in future but will never shake hands with bitcoins.
utkarshm

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:59:37 PM

No i don't see that happen in any time in future and I will say it's impossible to happen because we can not compare them.Bitcoin is a different thing all together,its a virtual currency and banks hold our fiat money and no matter how much popular bitcoins become in this world but they cannot replace banks.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:03:42 PM

That will never happen, banks will never support bitcoins as its an competitor to banks and banks may adopt blockchain technology in future but will never shake hands with bitcoins.

Nothing really is impossible. Lol is there any evidences that the bank would really not support bitcoin?  If i am not mistaken i've seen some articles before that central banks are trying to know what is really blockchain's doing.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:16:17 PM

Nothing really is impossible. Lol is there any evidences that the bank would really not support bitcoin?  If i am not mistaken i've seen some articles before that central banks are trying to know what is really blockchain's doing.

Bank is a financial establishment that invests money deposited by customers, pays it out when required, makes loans at interest, and exchanges currency. In other words, banks don't care if it is cryptocurrencies, currencies, a parcel of land, buildings etc for as long as it has reliable value that they can take advantage they will take it. Not to mention most bank owners didn't just own banks but also lots of business entities.   
Rahar02

Merit: 523

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:17:40 PM

I doubt that will be the case at least in our current time, I think bitcoin can change the way money and economy works but banks are an established part of it, I think it would be more reasonable for bitcoin "banks" to appear sometime in the future when bitcoin is more mainstream.

Let's say Bitcoin does very well, and manages to reach 1% of the world population to adopt Bitcoin at some point, then still there are the other 99% where banks play a very important role in their life. Bitcoin won't even make a dent in the bank's way of doing business and how they exist. People must forget about that.
Banks has established around 8 centuries ago and still here until now with great foundation. I agree bitcoin can change the economy and how currencies works but won't replace banks because they could make a change to adoption bitcoin. Some banks will benefit from bitcoin, some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear. It may happen in 10-20 years for banks accept bitcoin and still depend on which country you stay because every country has the regulation.
chixka000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:19:59 PM

Bank is a financial establishment that invests money deposited by customers, pays it out when required, makes loans at interest, and exchanges currency. In other words, banks don't care if it is cryptocurrencies, currencies, a parcel of land, buildings etc for as long as it has reliable value that they can take advantage they will take it. Not to mention most bank owners didn't just own banks but also lots of business entities.   

Absolutely , you've nailed it mate. As long as there is money that is going in and out from their banks which can bitcoin really do then i think that the bank would still try to consider it because it is good for their business.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:20:07 PM

BANK has different strengths and advantages compared with Bitcoin. BANK has been guaranteed by the government and financial institutions are also official. for now I'm sure BANK has survived the onslaught of bitcoin strength.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:21:42 PM

No i don't see that happen in any time in future and I will say it's impossible to happen because we can not compare them.Bitcoin is a different thing all together,its a virtual currency and banks hold our fiat money and no matter how much popular bitcoins become in this world but they cannot replace banks.

Although banks can handle our money digitally without even using physical money in any transactions just like bitcoins, it is still not enough that bitcoin will replace current bank institutions of ours. As long as we are ruled by a government, banks (mostly owned by elite families of the societies) then it will continue to serve us for a longer period of time.
vindicare

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:37:14 PM

bank will never disappear as they are the ones who comes first than bitcoin , maybe they will adapt or not but they will not disappear because they are being use by the top 100 fortune and they are important on the money/fiat side.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:41:03 PM

bank will never disappear as they are the ones who comes first than bitcoin , maybe they will adapt or not but they will not disappear because they are being use by the top 100 fortune and they are important on the money/fiat side.

Yes businesses and individuals needs banks for their day to day transactions as they are dealing in the terms of fiat and banks also provides its users multiple benefits which is not possible with bitcoins.
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:43:26 PM

Indeed! Banks play a vital role in ordinary fiat money. However, just because they come first than bitcoin does not mean they won't really disappear - coming in first to the market is not guaranteed to stay there forever. However, really banks won't disappear in the coming of bitcoins - they can live together.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:45:43 PM

banks will never adopt bitcoin. it's something they can't control with the potential to disrupt the way they do business. banks are too deep integrated in the current economy. literally nothing can make them vanish. it's impossible.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:12:42 PM

Besides, there aren't as much people in the world using bitcoin as much are using banks for keeping their money, bitcoin community is quite large now but compared to the people using banks it is nothing.
angryswamp

Activity: 268

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:07:15 PM

thats true, in my opinion everything is possible with bitcoin and banks might soon be gone, hopefully that is going to be true at some point

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ironm@n

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:58:22 PM

I don't think so. In the current economy, banks are the foundation of money in general, and when I say money in general I refer to fiat money. But the things can, of course, change a lot with time.
Doamader

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:53:31 AM

I don't think so. In the current economy, banks are the foundation of money in general, and when I say money in general I refer to fiat money. But the things can, of course, change a lot with time.
Thats true banks and fiat is what rules the world, bitcoin its just a small part of it, sure several services should improve and the digital era is coming, soo banks will change a bit over the future. Bitcoin is the first step into it, as all the others altcoins.
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:56:44 AM

I have to disagree with these comments to an extent.  Banks have the life span that we allow them to have.  Take marijuana for an example:  If you asked 20 years ago, would marijuana ever be legal in the United States, the answer would be no.  Now that more and more of the baby boomers are moving into government positions, this will be changing for there is more information the older government would not allow us to know to try to rake the truth under the rug.  Bitcoin is the same way.  Government will be fighting this because a large number of investors have their money invested into the banks.  This included the government itself.  As more and more people who understand bitcoin move into office, the more changes will take place.  You just have to give it time.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:04:16 AM

Thats true banks and fiat is what rules the world, bitcoin its just a small part of it, sure several services should improve and the digital era is coming, soo banks will change a bit over the future. Bitcoin is the first step into it, as all the others altcoins.
Of course, bank will always rule because people trust them though they have a bigger transfer fee sometimes. Ordinary people will not gamble in bitcoin because they are afraid of losing their money and they are getting used already of depositing their money in banks as that is a government regulated establishment.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
danishcookie

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 02:06:55 AM

I t is very possible to replace bank, reasons:

1. bitcoin is faster than wire transfer
2. bitcoin transaction fee is very low, compare to international transfer
3. some banks use blockchain service now.

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: