Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all cryptocoins  (Read 833013 times)
xorxor (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:33:16 PM

BTE removal was intentional?

It's not totally dead, but has massive "hi diff slowdown". (I don't own BTE.) Could go in the category "Dead / Dying" or "Purgatory".

Of course not!!!  Thank you for this notice, I was moving it to purgatory for this massive slowdown and forgot.
BTE had Great start, a lot of hashing power. I believe it could survive with only a beter difficulty algo.
I no longer put those status mesages. It was informative but not neutral.

BTE moved to purgatory.

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solracx

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:43:41 PM

ZenithCoin ZTC

www.zenithcoin.com

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:35:21 PM

ZenithCoin ZTC

www.zenithcoin.com

Yes, I know about this coin. It was to be launched no binaries, but failed to launch anyway, than people started using and trading beta, but id died, than someone relased your code under your coin name and than some one else did it and than you relased but failed and then next relase - did I missed something?

I could add it as re-re-re-re-re-re-launch under  "dead" or wait and see. I decided to wait and see , because this one is not a simple copy.

If I remember right, It's freicoin with scrypt-jane ?

solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:07:00 PM

ZenithCoin ZTC

www.zenithcoin.com

Yes, I know about this coin. It was to be launched no binaries, but failed to launch anyway, than people started using and trading beta, but id died, than someone relased your code under your coin name and than some one else did it and than you relased but failed and then next relase - did I missed something?

I could add it as re-re-re-re-re-re-launch under  "dead" or wait and see. I decided to wait and see , because this one is not a simple copy.

The binaries can be found here:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenithcoin/files

Mining started on 6/09/2013.

Yes, based on Freicoin, but Scrypt based.  Yes, there is possibility that the proof of work algorithm flips to other variants of Scrypt.  We however, selected Litecoin compatibility for initial mining run.    May change in the future, if need arises.

All info is in www.zenithcoin.com

Not an insta-mine coin,  1,728 blocks mined in first day.   

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:40:18 PM

ZenithCoin ZTC

www.zenithcoin.com

I could add it as re-re-re-re-re-re-launch under  "dead" or wait and see. I decided to wait and see , because this one is not a simple copy.

Its a leech coin with 50% donation to some fund. Good luck paying the scrypt mining power bill with it, no ASIC to save you.
jayo89

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:10:04 AM

GameCoin's ticker is now GME, the coin has been adopted by active and competent developers, and the 51% has been all but defeated with some changes to the difficulty algorithm.

The coin is now more agile and can easily survive even brutal hashrate drops with only minimal delay to transactions (fixing a problem plaguing most alts), as well as quickly adapting to a large hashrate spike to prevent abuse by bigger miners.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:17:17 AM

I would like to add my own flavour of AltCoin:

Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungencoin (GWKBZC)

It is basically a Litecoin derivative, immune to ASIC murder and monopolisation. In a nutshell, its the future of online currency.

Fountain availiable on request.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:20:25 AM

Updated:

THE ORIGINAL CRYPTOCOIN LIST

MAJOR:
(big market, high security)

-BTC Bitcoin -  first, strongest, most accepted, most mined, high volume market, a true currency
-LTC Litecoin -  second only to BTC , faster than BTC, Smaller efficiency gap between GPUs and CPUs , ASIC-hostile
-NMC Namecoin merged mined with BTC, used for alternative p2p domain system
-PPC PPcoin   Proof Of Stake [very innovative, low energy ] , compatibile with BTC miners

MINOR:
(established, but small)

-TRC Terracoin diff resonance . based on BTC, many diff algo updates, still bad.
-DVC Devcoin merged mined with BTC, 90% of generation goes to foundation, 10% to miners
-IXC IxCoin merged mined with BTC,  premined 580k coins but still alive
-NVC NovaCoin -  scrypt hashing[like LTC] , proof of stake [like PPC] , controversial start
-FRC Freicoin - hi diff slowdown  4.89% anual demurrage. for the first 3 years 80% block subsidy goes to foundation, 20% to miners
-FTC FeatherCoin- WARNING BLOCKCHAIN 51%'ed LTC clone with 4x more coins.

CANDIDATES:
(new, but secure hashpower)

-GWKBZC Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungencoin - Tweaked Litecoin derivative
-BTE Bytecoin- hi diff slowdown the 1:1 bitcoin copy, nothing changed. extremally high starting hype/hashrate.
-BQC BBQCoin- diff resonance forgotten after 51% attack on launch, now revived and active. super fast version of LTC.
-MNC Mincoin- diff resonance similar to BBQ, but very bad launch [no binaries + 25000% superblocks] giving 10% of all coins to insiders.
-CNC CHNCoin-hi diff slowdown similar to BBQ, announced on chinese forum first.
-BTB BitBar-  scarce version  of  NovaCoin. low starting diff like FTC and CNC, but quick adjustment.
-JKC JKC- low diff started as a joke, but now working ok. low starting diff and slow retarget like BTE, FTC, MNC, CNC
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin-diff resonance Another LTC clone. ultra fast.  criticized for instamine,  bloating and low security. Active support

NEW:
(mainly spam)

-RYC Royalcoin- Another LTC clone, starting with low diff and superblocks like MNC ...
-FRK Franko- Another faster LTC, again 0.00... starting diff. scarce.
-NBL nibble- A try for nice, no-instamine start. failed to launch on time
-PWC powercoin- instamine clone
-SRC sunrisecoin- instamine clone
-GLD gldcoin- instamine clone
-SPC supercoin- instamine clone
-BTG bitgem- instamine clone, scarse
-DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff
-doubloons- instamine clone
-PXC PhenixCoin- ltc clone, 1'000'000 coins premined
-LKY LuckyCoin- very nice idea for disabling instamine, but used for ultra instamine instead... ,random superblocks.
-MEM MEMEcoin- openly made for maximum instamine - superblocks and sudden launch.

DEAD / DYING :

-ELACoin- a try for less unfair, preannounced start and build-in inlfation. tripple-failed launch
-FTC Gamecoin- yes, FTC. clone so bad it was 51%'ed the first day.
-LQC Liquidcoin made to be very fast at constant difficulty, dead [pool closed, exchange closed]
-SC Solidcoin - dying (10-20% fee), designed to improove IxCoin, hard to be neutral on this one, 1.0 was a premine scam, 2.0 says BTC is pyramid scheme.
-GG Geist Geld experiment on BTC algorithm, how fast can it go? just for sience.
-TBX Tenebrix great idea of cpu-friendly mining with scrypt, but premined with 7.7milion coins - alive but little support due to premining
-FBX Fairbrix - Tenebrix without the premine, bad launch,  alive but little support.
-I0C I0coin - ixcoin without the premine. Dead
-CLC Coiledcoin - some nice ideas, but killed in 51% attack
-RUC Rucoin - copy of bitcoin, only difference is that it was developed in russian not english.than reborn much different, not confirmed if it is the same blockchain,  both scrypt[like LTC] and sha256d , nice client !warning! not opensource ! dying again
-TimeKoin - PHP webbased coin, alive but not used or traded.
-Beertokens -abitious [impossible?] try to stabilize price against commodity.
-MMM MMMcoin - Dead coin by notorious scamer SPMavrodi, named "yes we can" "my mozem mnogoye"

NOT AN OPENSOURCE COMMODITY CRYPTO COIN /  NEVER FULLY LAUNCHED:

eCash historical try for digital curency by David Chaum, operational but died. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigiCash
DigiCash was the company that made eCash . Possibly where Bitcoin came from.
Ripples (XRP) - http://ripple.com , no mining - all coins available at start 80% foundation, and 20% develeopers. centralized, not opensource. not designed to be a currency, but an IOU exchange. Very innovative and usefull, but "not a coin"
Amazon Coin - centralized private scrip launched by Amazon and pegged to USD, not cryptographic at all, just a name.
WEEDS never realy active and now dead - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24209.msg300830#msg300830
Groupcoin - still alive but never realy active  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24813.0
Opencoin - opensource version of digicash, opencoin.org , not launched yet
RealPay  100% coins at start, centralized, never realy launched ,site is dead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?all=;topic=62565.0
Qubic coins are produced at the rate determined by quorum of miners, not set by developers. Never launched.
Swiftcoin company operated, centralized and pegged, not opensource http://www.firstnationalbnak.com/faq
SMC smallchange functioning blockchain, but made just for research. might be a coin if reset.

-------------------------------------end of list------------------------------------------------------

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:43:28 AM

Updated:

THE ORIGINAL CRYPTOCOIN LIST

MAJOR:
(big market, high security)

-BTC Bitcoin -  first, strongest, most accepted, most mined, high volume market, a true currency
-LTC Litecoin -  second only to BTC , faster than BTC, Smaller efficiency gap between GPUs and CPUs , ASIC-hostile
-NMC Namecoin merged mined with BTC, used for alternative p2p domain system
-PPC PPcoin   Proof Of Stake [very innovative, low energy ] , compatibile with BTC miners

MINOR:
(established, but small)

-TRC Terracoin diff resonance . based on BTC, many diff algo updates, still bad.
-DVC Devcoin merged mined with BTC, 90% of generation goes to foundation, 10% to miners
-IXC IxCoin merged mined with BTC,  premined 580k coins but still alive
-NVC NovaCoin -  scrypt hashing[like LTC] , proof of stake [like PPC] , controversial start
-FRC Freicoin - hi diff slowdown  4.89% anual demurrage. for the first 3 years 80% block subsidy goes to foundation, 20% to miners
-FTC FeatherCoin- WARNING BLOCKCHAIN 51%'ed LTC clone with 4x more coins.

CANDIDATES:
(new, but secure hashpower)

-GWKBZC Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungencoin - Tweaked Litecoin derivative
-BTE Bytecoin- hi diff slowdown the 1:1 bitcoin copy, nothing changed. extremally high starting hype/hashrate.
-BQC BBQCoin- diff resonance forgotten after 51% attack on launch, now revived and active. super fast version of LTC.
-MNC Mincoin- diff resonance similar to BBQ, but very bad launch [no binaries + 25000% superblocks] giving 10% of all coins to insiders.
-CNC CHNCoin-hi diff slowdown similar to BBQ, announced on chinese forum first.
-BTB BitBar-  scarce version  of  NovaCoin. low starting diff like FTC and CNC, but quick adjustment.
-JKC JKC- low diff started as a joke, but now working ok. low starting diff and slow retarget like BTE, FTC, MNC, CNC
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin-diff resonance Another LTC clone. ultra fast.  criticized for instamine,  bloating and low security. Active support

NEW:
(mainly spam)

-RYC Royalcoin- Another LTC clone, starting with low diff and superblocks like MNC ...
-FRK Franko- Another faster LTC, again 0.00... starting diff. scarce.
-NBL nibble- A try for nice, no-instamine start. failed to launch on time
-PWC powercoin- instamine clone
-SRC sunrisecoin- instamine clone
-GLD gldcoin- instamine clone
-SPC supercoin- instamine clone
-BTG bitgem- instamine clone, scarse
-DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff
-doubloons- instamine clone
-PXC PhenixCoin- ltc clone, 1'000'000 coins premined
-LKY LuckyCoin- very nice idea for disabling instamine, but used for ultra instamine instead... ,random superblocks.
-MEM MEMEcoin- openly made for maximum instamine - superblocks and sudden launch.

DEAD / DYING :

-ELACoin- a try for less unfair, preannounced start and build-in inlfation. tripple-failed launch
-FTC Gamecoin- yes, FTC. clone so bad it was 51%'ed the first day.
-LQC Liquidcoin made to be very fast at constant difficulty, dead [pool closed, exchange closed]
-SC Solidcoin - dying (10-20% fee), designed to improove IxCoin, hard to be neutral on this one, 1.0 was a premine scam, 2.0 says BTC is pyramid scheme.
-GG Geist Geld experiment on BTC algorithm, how fast can it go? just for sience.
-TBX Tenebrix great idea of cpu-friendly mining with scrypt, but premined with 7.7milion coins - alive but little support due to premining
-FBX Fairbrix - Tenebrix without the premine, bad launch,  alive but little support.
-I0C I0coin - ixcoin without the premine. Dead
-CLC Coiledcoin - some nice ideas, but killed in 51% attack
-RUC Rucoin - copy of bitcoin, only difference is that it was developed in russian not english.than reborn much different, not confirmed if it is the same blockchain,  both scrypt[like LTC] and sha256d , nice client !warning! not opensource ! dying again
-TimeKoin - PHP webbased coin, alive but not used or traded.
-Beertokens -abitious [impossible?] try to stabilize price against commodity.
-MMM MMMcoin - Dead coin by notorious scamer SPMavrodi, named "yes we can" "my mozem mnogoye"

NOT AN OPENSOURCE COMMODITY CRYPTO COIN /  NEVER FULLY LAUNCHED:

eCash historical try for digital curency by David Chaum, operational but died. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigiCash
DigiCash was the company that made eCash . Possibly where Bitcoin came from.
Ripples (XRP) - http://ripple.com , no mining - all coins available at start 80% foundation, and 20% develeopers. centralized, not opensource. not designed to be a currency, but an IOU exchange. Very innovative and usefull, but "not a coin"
Amazon Coin - centralized private scrip launched by Amazon and pegged to USD, not cryptographic at all, just a name.
WEEDS never realy active and now dead - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24209.msg300830#msg300830
Groupcoin - still alive but never realy active  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24813.0
Opencoin - opensource version of digicash, opencoin.org , not launched yet
RealPay  100% coins at start, centralized, never realy launched ,site is dead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?all=;topic=62565.0
Qubic coins are produced at the rate determined by quorum of miners, not set by developers. Never launched.
Swiftcoin company operated, centralized and pegged, not opensource http://www.firstnationalbnak.com/faq
SMC smallchange functioning blockchain, but made just for research. might be a coin if reset.

-------------------------------------end of list------------------------------------------------------

DGC should move up the list into the candidates section. has secure network hashrate.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Xmansk

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:23:51 AM

DGC should move up the list into the candidates section. has secure network hashrate.

It is, look better

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
drbanjo

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:24:53 AM

so far as I know, BitGem is PoS rather one of trillions of LTC copy-clone ...
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:27:49 AM

Allways look at the OP. There are countless copies of old versions of the list all over this thread, and all over the internet. the only one up to date is the original op.

xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:28:21 AM

so far as I know, BitGem is PoS rather one of trillions of LTC copy-clone ...

Thank You!!  researched, corrected, updated.

dolfcao

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:55:11 AM

Please add realcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227149.0

RealCoin: RRUfzu9qeUU9qAeHJARpGVqDQsXEU7u4d9
RealCoin Mining Pool: www.realcoin.org:18888
My personal website: www.needdo.com
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:58:22 AM

currently under research:

StableCoin
barcoin
ALF Alphacoin
Icecoin
One last Coin
RealCoin REC
Noirbits
Quantumcoin
RoyalCoin
SXC Sexcoin
ARG Argentum
ZTC ZenithCoin

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

StableCoin
barcoin
ALF Alphacoin
Icecoin
One last Coin
RealCoin REC
Noirbits
Quantumcoin
RoyalCoin
SXC Sexcoin
ARG Argentum
ZTC ZenithCoin

Quite a pain in the arse isn't it xorxor?  Cheesy

I haven't even heard of half of these coins, yet i get requests everyday to put them on CCE.

At the rate it is going, your list of Cryptocurriences is no longer going to be a thread, but a full blown website on the forum and CCE is going to be some kind of super mega site spread over a dozen VPS that begins to become self aware.

Anyway, good job with the list, I think the ride is only going to get faster from here.. Wink
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:05:16 PM

dreamwatcher
I see that you changed main page design... Looks nice, but the gradient background would be better Smiley
xorxor (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:12:22 PM

StableCoin
barcoin
ALF Alphacoin
Icecoin
One last Coin
RealCoin REC
Noirbits
Quantumcoin
RoyalCoin
SXC Sexcoin
ARG Argentum
ZTC ZenithCoin

Quite a pain in the arse isn't it xorxor?  Cheesy

I haven't even heard of half of these coins, yet i get requests everyday to put them on CCE.

At the rate it is going, your list of Cryptocurriences is no longer going to be a thread, but a full blown website on the forum and CCE is going to be some kind of super mega site spread over a dozen VPS that begins to become self aware.

Anyway, good job with the list, I think the ride is only going to get faster from here.. Wink

Read ALL the threads and filter crap from actual information, download and check client, download sources and check for reward scheme, check blockexplorer for who got superblocks and instablocks, check pricing history.... and this all changes all the time. Well somebody has to do it and I so affraid someone will do it JUST to unfairly promote coin they hold, or manipulate markets, that I'm willing to do it continuously.

True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:22:43 PM

Which of the alt-coins are ASCI compatible? I know that many of them are not, but I am not sure which ones can be mined with ASIC.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:19:05 PM

I dont think bitgems comment is really fair. Bitgems have had a different goal from the start. The only idea they share with bitbar is POS and they are rare. The dev is planning ia innovation to bring gem like quality's and some sort of grading system to the gems, The client is in constant update with a real innovation in the works. I dont necessarily think it should be moved to the prospects category due to its low difficulty and hashrate but it should not be labeled as a bitbar copy Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: