Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 07:32:15 AM

We found out about Ricarda Lisk after we thought of the name - Lisk. Wink

Anyway, I believe in the OP it said that Lisk means
"Chain of Dapps" in Chinese

In Chinese there is no translation for Lisk and it's very advisable to have a Chinese name for a crypto-currency. Therefore our Chinese community came up with a new Chinese name, because there is nothing what sounds similar to "Lisk" and has a meaning. This is how the Chinese name for Lisk 应用链 was born, it has the meaning "Chain of Dapps" or "Dappchain". Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuze0000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:43:59 PM

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

I have a question the fellow members of the LISK community.

Will there be a bonus for holders of Ethereum to exchanges for the ICO ten days from now?
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 05:02:03 PM

Will there be a bonus for holders of Ethereum to exchanges for the ICO ten days from now?

ICO participants who will exchange Ethereum will receive the same bonus as Bitcoin participants. Take a look here: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-part-i-2e7d01955e4d

Later today we will release more ICO information.

bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:59:51 PM

ICO participants who will exchange Ethereum will receive the same bonus as Bitcoin participants. Take a look here: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-part-i-2e7d01955e4d

Later today we will release more ICO information.

Awesome, can't wait to read it!

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 06:24:38 PM

Lisk may want to consider joining the IoT Chain of Things initiative as a partner. Ethereum and Iota have already joined. Their goal is to develop an open protocol for securing IoT devices, https://conor-colwell-njv5.squarespace.com/

aleksand
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:30:57 PM

I've added official signature. Ty =)
Yenog

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:32:10 PM

So if you have crypti, how do you convert that in lisk?
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:01:29 PM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part I

As promised we will disclose first details about our Initial Coin Offering (ICO) today. We describe which crypto-currencies can be exchanged, how the distribution of the 100,000,000 LISK is, what our timeline looks like and what kind of bonuses participants can receive.

Read the full terms on our blog!

And today Lisk Devs will release more information about the ICO.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:34:47 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 11:14:41 PM by MalReynolds

The Lisk Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is not just issuing a new coin; it has two specific goals to accomplish.  These are (1) absorbing membership from the already existing Crypti XCR coin (the coin Lisk is forking) AND AT THE SAME TIME (2) gather a second round of funding from new BTC/Shapeshift investors to further develop the sidechain / dapp technology developed by Crypti.  

A fixed amount of 85 million Lisk will be distributed in the ICO.  The end amount of Lisk given out to new BTC/Shapeshift investors will be influenced by the number of transferring original XCR investors.  The end price of Lisk seen by the original XCR investors will be influenced by the donations of the new  BTC/Shapeshift investors.  Nobody will know the final amount / price results until the ICO is over.  

The "complicated" charts below show all possible future combinations of BTC/Shapeshift and XCR investments in Lisk between Feb 22 and March 21.  Only one of these combinations will be "real" at the end of the ICO.   That's the two numbers on the charts Lisk will go with - one specific concentration / dilution factor for the XCR donators, and one specific satoshi price for the BTC/Shapeshift donators.

These charts show how these two groups of original XCR investors and new BTC/Shapeshift investors will be merged together into one group of Lisk holders IN A FAIR MANNER.  

How many Lisk you will get for every Crypti you donate (Ownership dilution / concentration):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GwWKK7bpjYTxtQRIq_l2xiKI9rEOpTU1oTt0q3C6Mc8/edit#gid=763738405

Crypti folks:

Note that if your ownership is diluted (less genesis Lisk than Crypti donated), the price of the Lisk you hold goes up to compensate.  The net value of your holdings is unchanged at the end of the ICO.

Note that if your ownership is concentrated (more genesis Lisk than Crypti donated), the price of the Lisk you hold goes down to compensate.  The net value of your holdings is unchanged at the end of the ICO.

What Satoshi price you will pay for one Lisk with the Bitcoin you donate (Logical Lisk starting price at exchanges):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q2MJ25_bK5Yi60FYohYCUEkujUtL5c0P1dOdlDMPMBI/edit#gid=763738405
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 10:54:02 PM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part II

As promised, today we are disclosing further details about our Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Please read Part I of our Lisk ICO terms if you have not done so already.

Summary:

• ShapeShift Partnership
  • Exchange Wizard
  • And more!

Read more about our ICO terms on our blog

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:36:42 PM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part II

As promised, today we are disclosing further details about our Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Please read Part I of our Lisk ICO terms if you have not done so already.

Summary:

• ShapeShift Partnership
  • Exchange Wizard
  • And more!

Great, and it required everyone Smiley
gaazje

Activity: 452

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 12:31:41 AM

How many total coins at launch?

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:52:47 AM

100M Lisk in genesis block, 85M distributed to Crypti / BTC / Shapeshift donators.

Lisk ICO Terms Part I: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-part-i-2e7d01955e4d#.r0nxttf7e

Lisk ICO Terms Part II: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-part-ii-3b50ab74c9b6#.4mb5hyc28
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:43:32 AM

How many millions of XCR does the TEAM already have?

They are separating 15 million for themselves + converting a great deal more I take it - I think it would be nice to have transparency there.

100M Lisk in genesis block, 85M distributed to Crypti / BTC / Shapeshift donators.

Lisk ICO Terms Part I: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-part-i-2e7d01955e4d#.r0nxttf7e

Lisk ICO Terms Part II: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-terms-part-ii-3b50ab74c9b6#.4mb5hyc28

3a6aukaJIeU,

Activity: 261

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:12:22 AM

I hope the project will receive a powerful development Wink
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:54:17 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 02:43:26 PM by MalReynolds

How many millions of XCR does the TEAM already have?
They are separating 15 million for themselves + converting a great deal more I take it - I think it would be nice to have transparency there.

There is transparency, I think, but it is scattered all over the place right now.  It has been kind of a chaotic couple of weeks lately.  Let me see what I can pull together in this post.  Take all of this with "a grain of salt", as we say in English....

For the record, I am a major holder of Crypti (symbol "XCR") and a current Crypti DPos Active Delegate Forger.  I was not involved in the Crypti launch in 2014.  All of my Crypti I have purchased on exchanges (Bter and Poloniex).  I am not (and have never been) a member of either the "Crypti Foundation" or the "Lisk Team".  My only entry into Lisk will be the Crypti I transfer into Lisk, and the rewards I earn on the various Lisk pre-launch promotions.  

As far as I know the Lisk Team consists of two people, Max Kordek ("LiskHQ", self-declared CEO of Lisk, and a German) and Olivier Beddows ("karmacoma24", self-declared CTO of Lisk and British - I think).   These two were on the "Crypti Team", but not necessarily as core members.  Max did public relations and Olivier did tool development and other tasks such as the Crypti blockchain explorer, network node setup on various cloud servers (he currently runs a third of the 101 Crypti nodes), and translation of the Crypti JavaScript / node.js software into versions that will run on ARM microcomputer devices.  I have no idea how much Crypti they got for their service but I don't think they were / are major current holders of Crypti.  

Over the past few years Crypti has evolved from "just another cryptocoin for spending" into a really cool blockchain technology software development project / Ethereum alternative.  Crypti had done a lot of good work recently getting to their promised 0.5.5 version, which allows full deployment of side chains and dapps using JavaScript/node.js and microcomputers like Raspberry Pi 2 and CHIP.   However, the original development funds were gone, where to take Crypti next was an open question, and overall the Crypti project was running out of steam.

Several weeks ago Max and Oliver made a surprise announcement that they were going to create a fork of the open-source Crypti, call this fork Lisk, and try to arrange a second round of development funding.  This caused some serious drama that I'll skip over.  The end result was that those left behind in Crypti are now supporting the Lisk fork as they chart their own path forward.  The main Crypti developer and mastermind, Boris Povod, has agreed to participate in Lisk as a paid advisor even as he continues to develop Crypti.

There are some significant philosophical differences between Crypti and the Lisk fork.   Crypti is a pure Proof of Stake (PoS) coin with true Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) voting on who its 101 forgers (miners) are.     Lisk has introduced significant block rewards to its cooperative 101 forgers / miners, making Lisk an inflationary Proof of Work (PoW) coin like Bitcoin.  These rewards also provide additional "votes" to those who have already been "voted in", which is a bit of a distortion from a true DPoS system.  Forging rewards mean inflation in Lisk will be 15% in year one (going from 100M to 115M Lisk), while Crypti is a zero inflation coin that will be at 100M coins forever.  

There are also some significant technological differences between Crypti and the Lisk fork.  For example, Crypti currently has integration with Sia for distributed mass data storage support in its side chains and dapps; Lisk intends to switch over to IPFS for this function.  Lisk intends to push forward as fast as possible on dapp development, while there is now talk at Crypti of "going back" and trying to perfect a technology called Proof of Time (don't ask, it's a cool idea that ran into difficulties in 2015).  So Crypti and Lisk seem likely to diverge significantly in months and years to come.  Let me just say, the comeback pivot and project recovery shown by the Crypti Team after the Proof of Time failure convinced me all of these people, including Max and Olivier,  will keep their word and find a way to accomplish their goals.  These are all good technical people and serious project developers I am talking about here, not scam artists.  That's why I'm still around, something incredible is coming out of all this effort sooner or later.

So, 100M Lisk are to be in the 2016 Lisk Genesis Block, just like there were 100M Crypti in the 2014 Crypti Genesis Block.  

85M Lisk will be split between people who buy in with Crypti (the original financial supporters that funded Crypti development from version 0.1.0 to 0.5.5) and those who buy in with BTC/Shapeshift (new second-round financial supporters that will fund further Lisk development from version 0.5.5 onward).  Combining these two groups into a new and unified Lisk community is complicated.  The end amount of Lisk given out to new BTC/Shapeshift investors will be influenced by the number of transferring original XCR investors.  The end price of Lisk seen by the original XCR investors will be influenced by the donations of the new  BTC/Shapeshift investors.  Nobody will know the final amount / price results until the Lisk Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is over.  I have prepared some "complicated" charts (links below) that show all possible future combinations of BTC/Shapeshift and XCR donations to Lisk that can occur between Feb 22-March 21 during ICO.  Only one of these combinations will be "real" at the end of the ICO.   That's the two numbers on the charts Lisk will go with in the end - one specific concentration / dilution holdings factor for the XCR donators, and one specific satoshi price for the BTC/Shapeshift donators.

The amount of Lisk that XCR donors will get (which determines the amount BTC donors get, too):  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GwWKK7bpjYTxtQRIq_l2xiKI9rEOpTU1oTt0q3C6Mc8/edit#gid=763738405

The price of Lisk that BCT/Shapeshift donors will get (which determines the price XCR donors get, too): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q2MJ25_bK5Yi60FYohYCUEkujUtL5c0P1dOdlDMPMBI/edit#gid=763738405

The remaining 15M Lisk get split in ways that are outlined in the Lisk ICO Part I.  

The Lisk Team (Max and Olivier?) get 8M Lisk (4M Lisk each?).  Maybe a portion of this 8M Lisk will go new node.js programmers they haven't even hired yet.  I'm not sure of the details, but I personally  think this 8M Lisk represents a lot smaller proportion than what the original Crypti Foundation set aside for their own benefit back in 2014 (15M Crypti?  I don't know, but it seems like it was definitely more than 8M Crypti...but those 15M XCR was also for an original Crypti team that was a lot bigger than two people).  It's fun to speculate on details but IMHO the Lisk Team has a right to some privacy on just what they do inside their 8M black box of team compensation funds.  They are entrepreneurs, they are taking risks and working hard, and they are motivated by the prospect of a big future payday.  That's why we're all in cryptocurrencies.  

Anyway, the 7M Lisk that is left goes to pre-ICO bounties (1M Lisk), advisors, partners and 3rd parties (2M Lisk) , and post-ICO campaigns and bounties (4M Lisk).

I have never met either Max or Olivier but I will say they worked very hard behind the scenes at Crypti.  I'm sure others of the Crypti Foundation also worked very hard behind the scenes creating the code infrastructure for Crypti (particularly Boris!).   But Max and Olivier were the ones that continuously reached out the most to help others in overcoming Crypti software bugs / problems and create a sense of community at Crypti.  Based on my months of interactions with them at Crypti, I personally have a great deal of confidence in their ability to make Lisk a success.

Max, Olivier, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above, which I think is a fair "transparency" overview / summary.

Thank you for the summary Mal. All is looking correct. Smiley
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:17:25 AM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part II

Summary:

• ShapeShift Partnership
  • Exchange Wizard
  • And more!

LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:59:19 AM

Will shapeshift offer a reasonable exchange?

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:52:48 AM

Forging rewards mean inflation in Lisk will be 15% in year one (going from 100M to 115M Lisk), while Crypti is a zero inflation coin that will be at 100M coins forever.

Nice summary. Very helpful for someone such as me.

Can you also tell us if the forging rewards will continue to be 15% or is it going to decrease with time?

IOTA - iotatoken.com
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:12:29 AM

Lisk ICO Terms - Part II

Summary:

• ShapeShift Partnership
  • Exchange Wizard
  • And more!

I hope the project will receive a powerful development Wink

I'm sure about it.

https://lisk.io/team
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: