Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
Mrmoney2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:51:48 PM

All this sounds very complicate to me.
Cloud,  ubuntu... OMG
I want to run a delegate but I might not be able to do it.
I m willing to buy a raspberry and set up everything but I need more info!
Im completly noob with compurters

You should only considering a Node if you got something to offer, think about that.

I will offer whataver it needed. I would like to know what could I offer.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 12:52:03 PM

Someone fixed it and now it is correct. We are place #19.

Rocket.chat?

Slack is industry standard. 21 uses it, slock.it uses it. why does LSK not use it?

Some people belive in owning their data instead of relying on a third party.

That's one reason. The other is that on Slack only the last 10,000 messages will be saved. If you have 1000 users you will always end up with empty rooms. Smiley

In fact our chat already have nearly 900 users and over 20,000 messages.

Now that you've brought up the subject, is there a Developer's Guide?

https://lisk.io/documentation?i=lisk-docs/README

I'm a full stack developer and a early investor (2nd week). I like Lisk because of  JavaScript as main language. I have just started looking at the dapp development, noticed some serious security concerns with dapp development.

My understanding with dapps is (correct me if I'm wrong), a dapp is hostable component that exposes an http external api and is capable of doing some transactions (withdrawals and deposits). Every dapp can be hosted within in some sidechain. Users can access dapp functionality with the help of exposed api by passing secret and transaction info. It means you have to pass your pass phrase to every dapp you want to do a transaction lets say a withdrawal (paying to dapp owners).

Apple, Microsoft, and google stores are centralized. Every app has to go rigorous review process before getting published in stores ( I published few apps in google and windows stores). The review process mainly includes scanning for malicious code that exposes user phone to external attackers.

Situation 1:

Lisk has no such review process but the code can be viewed by others. Lets say if dapp included with some malicious code that records pass phrases somewhere (not in the dapp), lisk-cli just creates a foundation base for dapp development and users extends it with their own api. How lisk prevents user from accessing dapp and removes from store if malicious code found.  

Situation 2:

Lisk dapps and their sidechains can be hosted by third party entities. Lets say owner setup two VMS. One with actual sidechain with clean dapp code internally and installed a reverse proxy on another VM(that sits on external point and forwards request to internal VM that hosted dapp). The reverse proxy receives the request from user first and records pass phrase and then forwards same request to internal VM without modifying request headers.

Situation 3:

Man in the middle attacks.

If the dapp owner not hosting sidechain with SSL, How Lisk ensures user data not compromised.

Just wondering how lisk handles these situations and prevents owner from misusing pass phrases. Last year, I encountered similar issue with NXT and lost around 10K coins. I used a remote nxt web node to check my transactions frequently. I suspect they recorded my pass phrase and transferred my 10k to theirs account.

I think users shouldn't be forced to send pass phrases to dapp owners, its like sending your BTC private keys to others.

@ 1: We are in a decentralized environment. Any kind of censoring by the devs will hurt lisk. The only way is a reputational... removing malicious code will probably not be possible. But who knows, maybe the reputation system can offer that.

Ok, I agree but this doesn't mean system should be infected with all malicious dapps. Reputation wise its not good. Still the dapp has to communicate with mainnet to keep consistency. I think Lisk mainnet holds meta information about each dapp. This should be enough to record info about dapp. Now the question is how to warn the user about that particular malicious dapp .

I'm thinking few alternatives, will present them in coming posts.

@ 2+3: you don't need to send your password to the server hopefully. You also don't have to do that in NXT. Just the Frontend needs it.

I think Dapp UI asks for pass phrase, and pass same to server through api call or http post. its enough to capture pass phrase. Its not like Dapp UI (client face) directly talking to mainnet. it doesn't matter, Whether its UI or api all should go through http endpoints on the server.

Please head to our forum, there were some discussions already and we are open to discuss it there. It just can't be answered in a good way in this thread.

http://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=13

If someone post it there, I will answer as soon as possible.

Just very quick: Yes, there are some security issues right now. Especially involving the passphrase in dapps. Devs can either send the passphrases via an API though the network, or directly sign the transactions locally. The second option is more secure and our recommended way, but also slightly more complicated.

Long-term we want that the user will send/receive LISK from the Lisk UI into/from a sidechain. We will concentrate on various security related issues in the beginning. As I wrote above, please join us on our forum. I think you would be a great asset to the discussions! Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
cc001

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:53:07 PM

I'm not sure if a "completly noob with computers" should run a delegate node. Sorry, nothing personal Wink

Well... everyone can learn. Or not?
Im sure That cant be so difficult, but u guy could try to teach me and not to put me off. Nothing personal

Sure. Best way to learn something new is "Learning by Doing". Check here:
https://lisk.io/documentation?i=lisk-handbooks/DelegateHandbook

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:54:26 PM

If someone recommends X provider here and half of the delegates end up using that provider that would make Lisk much more vulnerable than if everyone found their own solution.

More than this: All nodes might be end up in the same country and that's not in our interest, I guess. So everyone should find a professional hoster in his/hers country and run it there. Or just take a look on the Lisk network when it's up and pick a country where a node is needed.

Yes I think the Delegates would be spread as much as possible country/GP wise/ wise language wise and especially Hosting wise.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sgdias

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:55:43 PM

Could anybody clarify the queries I'm making on this thread ?:

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15

Thanks.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:00:55 PM

Thanks.

Answered. Smiley

In general, serious discussions should all happen on our own forum! Please move over there guys! Smiley

Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:03:53 PM

Thanks.

Fees can be adjusted. It's pretty evident that fees had been determined in anticipation of a much lower initial market cap. I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure if the ICO would have rased 1000 bitcoin Max and Oliver would be very happy with the succesfull fundrasing round.

As a matter of fact if you read through the Lisk page there is much content that is off-kilter in light of the amount raised and the initial market cap. Thinks need adjustment, initial plans need revisions and countless other stuff need rethinking for this new reality.
Addressing the high fees are I'm sure somewhere on their to-do list, around #157.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:05:46 PM

Thanks.

Fees can be adjusted. It's pretty evident that fees had been determined in anticipation of a much lower initial market cap. I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure if the ICO would have rased 1000 bitcoin Max and Oliver would be very happy with the succesfull fundrasing round.

As a matter of fact if you read through the Lisk page there is much content that is off-kilter in light of the amount raised and the initial market cap. Thinks need adjustment, initial plans need revisions and countless other stuff need rethinking for this new reality.
Addressing the high fees are I'm sure somewhere on their to-do list, around #157.

Spot on.

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:06:44 PM

Guys let's talk dapps. Those are the products that can make Lisk jump over and above all other cryptos.

I was thinking about games, mobile games to be specific. Which kind of games would be made better due to them being a dapp instead of an app? The mobile gaming market is trilion dollar industry with their micro payments. If we can tap into that then a billion dollar market cap will be a breeze...

The Sports Betting Market is worth $1 Trillion +. Augur itself, via the REP IOU on Gatecoin, while over-valued is valued at $180 million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3040540/Global-sports-gambling-worth-3-trillion.html

However REP holders only receive 0.5-1% of all bets. I.e. $1 billion in bets is worth $10 million to REP holders. So the real winner will be the currency that gets that $1 Billion in betting volume  Wink  Cool

Lisk should announce they are using some of the funding for an Augur-Fork/PM Dapp and giving Lisk holders 50% of Lisk 'REP'.
The PM will use Lisk as the betting currency, (or Lisk will be used to collateralize a price stable USD)

This way Lisk holders now own 50% of a Lisk based Augur/PM type Dapp and Lisk holders will benefit from the betting volume as it becomes a contender in the trillion dollar betting market.  This should substantially increase the valuation of Lisk.
cc001

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:09:46 PM

In general, serious discussions should all happen on our own forum! Please move over there guys! Smiley

Everything related to delegates: https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=100

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:16:38 PM

All this sounds very complicate to me.
Cloud,  ubuntu... OMG
I want to run a delegate but I might not be able to do it.
I m willing to buy a raspberry and set up everything but I need more info!

You should only considering a Node if you got something to offer, think about that.

I will offer whataver it needed. I would like to know what could I offer.
Thanks

Thats up to you to think of something to offer, so far you dont know how to run a delegate, or what to do with a delegate,
that looks to me that you want a delegate for personal interrest.

But hey you can prove me wrong.

But i personaly pref that thos lisk go to people that can use the funds to actually start some Dapps, and develop things with this.
redcastle

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:21:33 PM

Is raspberry the best to run a delegate?
Im sorry if a ask silly things but my english is a bit poor.  Im spanish btw
Let's say it like this: It's possible to run Lisk on a rasp2, but there is more you need to note: speed (download / upload) and latency. and the most important point: your delegate has to be available 24/7/365, so your goal should be to provide as much uptime as possible.
Unless your have redundancy solutions in your home or office networks internet connection (and the speeds are good), then its best to use vultr and the like, to maintain your uptime.

Your English is OK and there are no silly questions.

An online cloud VPS  will deliver the best uptime.  Use Ubuntu 14.04.  Here are some to consider:

http://cloud-computing.softwareinsider.com/

http://www.hostingadvice.com/reviews/cheap/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455706,00.asp

https://webhostinggeeks.com/bestvpshosting.html

You think Amazon AWS is good for VPS?
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:33:59 PM

The Lisk ICO has now ended with a total of 14,009 BTC and 80 million XCR exchanged!

As of the 21st March 2016 the Lisk ICO has now officially ended and wow! It was a really intense ride these past 4 weeks! The crowd-fund has been an enormous experience for us, with a now burgeoning community, and very substantial amount of funding raised, we are very much looking forward to working on the ecosystem over the next years.

Read our full blog post here!

gluk58

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:36:27 PM

people I want to buy Mercedes G , help who than can please
BTC: 16daXNXJLTXd7HreNXmXWHF3oxcD7WhHJN
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:37:23 PM

Bitshares is talking about ways to get Lisk trading on their DEX asap:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22035.0.html

I was tossing around ideas similar to Gatecoin'so Augur IOU with some type of backed collateral to minimize IOU risk.  I'd recommend joining the discussion.
redcastle

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:39:31 PM

The Lisk ICO has now ended with a total of 14,009 BTC and 80 million XCR exchanged!

As of the 21st March 2016 the Lisk ICO has now officially ended and wow! It was a really intense ride these past 4 weeks! The crowd-fund has been an enormous experience for us, with a now burgeoning community, and very substantial amount of funding raised, we are very much looking forward to working on the ecosystem over the next years.

Read our full blog post here!

Great news! Wish you success guys Tongue
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:45:23 PM

Guys let's talk dapps. Those are the products that can make Lisk jump over and above all other cryptos.

I was thinking about games, mobile games to be specific. Which kind of games would be made better due to them being a dapp instead of an app? The mobile gaming market is trilion dollar industry with their micro payments. If we can tap into that then a billion dollar market cap will be a breeze...

The Sports Betting Market is worth $1 Trillion +. Augur itself, via the REP IOU on Gatecoin, while over-valued is valued at $180 million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3040540/Global-sports-gambling-worth-3-trillion.html

However REP holders only receive 0.5-1% of all bets. I.e. $1 billion in bets is worth $10 million to REP holders. So the real winner will be the currency that gets that $1 Billion in betting volume  Wink  Cool

Lisk should announce they are using some of the funding for an Augur-Fork/PM Dapp and giving Lisk holders 50% of Lisk 'REP'.
The PM will use Lisk as the betting currency, (or Lisk will be used to collateralize a price stable USD)

This way Lisk holders now own 50% of a Lisk based Augur/PM type Dapp and Lisk holders will benefit from the betting volume as it becomes a contender in the trillion dollar betting market.  This should substantially increase the valuation of

I was thinking the same thing. If lisk can do this better and faster than augur, this could be huge. The augur team is choking on the UI, and homestead is nowhere to be found. This will be a race to create the best dapps.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:55:25 PM

This way Lisk holders now own 50% of a Lisk based Augur/PM type Dapp and Lisk holders will benefit from the betting volume as it becomes a contender in the trillion dollar betting market.  This should substantially increase the valuation of

I was thinking the same thing. If lisk can do this better and faster than augur, this could be huge. The augur team is choking on the UI, and homestead is nowhere to be found. This will be a race to create the best dapps.

Would be a great boost to the ecosystem.
ohnoITSANEWACC

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:56:54 PM

Show us the ICO adress for the bitcoins or you're dishonest.

Now you can do this right?
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:59:11 PM

Show us the ICO adress for the bitcoins or you're dishonest.

Now you can do this right?

They already did more then ones, they have no reason to be dishonest at all.

Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: