Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073026 times)
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:02:52 AM

I am looking for a person, who can set up and manage a delegate node.

We can split the incomes and share the profit with the members.

Edit: @MalReynolds can you help me?

Or do you guys know someone who wants to run a delegate node with other members?

If you can't follow instruction to put up a node then you will not know how to maintain it hence not going to get many votes.

-tb-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cc001

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:16:43 AM

I think the most important thing for a stable and truly decentralized system is that a lot of different types and people are involved. Not only devs. Not only marketing guys. Not only voters who vote for dapps supporter or only for guys that distribute all their earnings to their voters, etc... A system is the most stable if there participate a lot of different people from a lot of different backgrounds with different ideas and different motives/reasons to run a delegate node. And every voter should be allowed to vote for whom he thinks it is the most important aspect for him. And if there are different voters who vote with different aspects in mind, we'll get a network as decentralized and stable as possible.

I didn't run a delegate node until now. But I have a lot of knowledge in the cryptocurrency/IT/programming/Linux/Network/Tech-business and I read a lot about Lisk, Cryptsi, Bitshares, DPOS, etc... And I'm sure I'm capable to become a good DPOS delegate  Cool
I will try to provide a very stable, fast and up-to-date delegate node. I will write scripts to monitor and ensure the needed stability. I will update the node as soon as possible. I will provide info about my node. I will provide info about if and how I will share some of my profit. I will try to vote only for trustworthy other delegates and people I think they will help to ensure a stable network and a vivid developing, marketing and user community. I think every delegate node should be allowed to keep some profit for themselves. This private profit is the motivation to keep up a good node. Keeping up a good stable node and provide the service to ensure that is not for free. Some will keep more, others will distribute a bigger part. As long as I think the operator of this delegate adds something worthy to the Lisk world (that can simply be a very stable node, without distributing any profit) I will vote for him.

I hope you all will vote for people who you think add something valuable to the Lisk eco-system. The more heterogeneous this system is, the better.

And yes, of course I hope I'll get your vote!  Grin

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
cc001

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:24:20 AM

What type of update frequency will you commit to if you are voted in as a delegate? It was annoying having to hunt down delegates for updates.
Delegates should post und update here:
http://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=c3ee0de1ca9588b77c51c14822e4c3a9

I posted the following at the thread above:

Hi all, I'm MalReynolds and I would like your vote as a Lisk Active Delegate.  

There has been a lot of discussion on what makes a good delegate.  Enthusiasm.  Community activity.  Reward Pools.   All these things are certainly important.

I ran a Crypti node for many months and so I have a pretty good idea of what the job of Active Delegate entails.   It's harder than it might seem to be.

Let me tell you what I think is important about being a delegate:  uptime, updates and upvotes.  

I will monitor my VPS to keep it online as much as possible.  I will install the Lisk updates as they are issued.  I will upvote new Standby Delegates as required to keep all 101 Active Delegates productive and forging.

Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) is harder than it looks to get right as a functioning system.   I will discuss weaknesses I see in the DPoS delegate network and work to raise public awareness to correct those weaknesses as they occur.  My primary focus is a commitment to making Lisk DPoS work smoothly as a whole.

Good Post! I totally agree

▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 11:28:23 AM

Lisk Raises Over 5.7 Million USD in 2nd Most Successful Crypto-Currency Crowd-Fund to Date

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/lisk-raises-over-5-7-million-usd-in-2nd-most-successful-crypto-currency-crowd-fund-to-date/

The news will finally go around now. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:29:09 AM

I am looking for a person, who can set up and manage a delegate node.

We can split the incomes and share the profit with the members.

Edit: @MalReynolds can you help me?

Or do you guys know someone who wants to run a delegate node with other members?

What's up? You need a guide to installing your node?
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:32:32 AM

You are seeing it a little bit plain.

A delegate has to be active enough and adds to the network, otherwise the forging income goes down.

So yes I do get money but it adds stability as well.

It doesnt hurt Lisk, since the node has to be up a lot for it to get good forging rewards.

If you go through the post history of the people running a node, you will get a pretty good idea of what they have done.  That is what I'll do before I put in my vote.

-tb-

cc001

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:32:37 AM

set up a Crypti node as a Standby Delegate for practice.

You even can become an active delegate on your own test network if you login to the genesis account, vote with it for your test node and deselect some of the genesisDelegates.

Kevinrasf

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:36:01 AM

Lisk Raises Over 5.7 Million USD in 2nd Most Successful Crypto-Currency Crowd-Fund to Date

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/lisk-raises-over-5-7-million-usd-in-2nd-most-successful-crypto-currency-crowd-fund-to-date/

The news will finally go around now. Smiley

Keep the articles coming Smiley

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:52:34 AM

BTER's ann Regarding the XCR withdrawal and the LISK ICO
https://bter.com/article/6528

Regarding the XCR withdrawal and the LISK ICO, there's too much misunderstanding and misleading information . Here' the explantion from BTER's admin Lin:

People were asking BTER urgently for XCR withdrawals to participate the ICO before it's ending.
 However,the XCR wallet stopped syncing. I contacted the XCR project manager Stas for help but got no response for many days.
 Here's the snapshot of my skype conversation with Stas:

https://bter.com/attached/image/20160324/20160324041145_53239.png

We tried all our best before the ICO to get the wallet synced but failed.
That's why I spent hours on the LISK chat room asking for someone who have a fresh blockchain urgently but unfortunately there's none.
 In like 1 hour before the ICO end, the crypti wallet blockchain still stopped at ~90%, I knew there's no way to make it fully synced for the withdrawals.
 I even asked Max if there's any way to process the withdrawals without the blockchain fully synced (like bitcoin), but he said no.
 I also asked  if there's an online wallet so that we can process the withdrawals manually but none.
 Right before the ICO ending, our users were requesting the withdrawals desperately. I figured out one way and I told people in the LISK chat room that I figured out one way.
 I calculated the amount of XCR in the withdrawal requests and redeemed in one time in the LISK ICO and posted on BTT to let people contact us so that we could record their info for LISK redeem manually.
 BTER's users are all very happy with this solution when we contacted with them.

Note1: I used the LISK ICO system for XCR redeeming. It's not from BTER's crypti wallet which was not synced at that time.

we have been working together from the beginning of Crypti and put a lot effort on maintaining the XCR wallet and support XCR as an exchange. I am so disappointed that some people thought it in a wrong way. One way I can proof that I didn't steal any of the funds. We have got the XCR wallet synced well and people can all withdraw their funds to their own wallet or other exchanges whenever they want.

Lin@BTER

This is bullshit. Bter is bullshit.

I have 70 odd UNITY on Bter which I have been trying to withdraw for over a month. It's gone missing and I haven't had a single reply to any of the dozens of support tickets and emails I've sent them.

It's not just me, others have problems getting their QORA, XMR and other coins out.

We're supposed to believe that Bter has it's customer's best interests at heart and is working over time on their behalf when they can't/won't even sort out tiny withdrawal problems for weeks at a time?

Fuck them, don't let them anywhere near Lisk. They are crooks, thieves, charlatans, liars.

Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them.... do I make myself clear?

http://themerkle.com/bter-struggles-with-certain-withdrawals/
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:54:39 AM

BTER's ann Regarding the XCR withdrawal and the LISK ICO
https://bter.com/article/6528

Regarding the XCR withdrawal and the LISK ICO, there's too much misunderstanding and misleading information . Here' the explantion from BTER's admin Lin:

People were asking BTER urgently for XCR withdrawals to participate the ICO before it's ending.
 However,the XCR wallet stopped syncing. I contacted the XCR project manager Stas for help but got no response for many days.
 Here's the snapshot of my skype conversation with Stas:

https://bter.com/attached/image/20160324/20160324041145_53239.png

We tried all our best before the ICO to get the wallet synced but failed.
That's why I spent hours on the LISK chat room asking for someone who have a fresh blockchain urgently but unfortunately there's none.
 In like 1 hour before the ICO end, the crypti wallet blockchain still stopped at ~90%, I knew there's no way to make it fully synced for the withdrawals.
 I even asked Max if there's any way to process the withdrawals without the blockchain fully synced (like bitcoin), but he said no.
 I also asked  if there's an online wallet so that we can process the withdrawals manually but none.
 Right before the ICO ending, our users were requesting the withdrawals desperately. I figured out one way and I told people in the LISK chat room that I figured out one way.
 I calculated the amount of XCR in the withdrawal requests and redeemed in one time in the LISK ICO and posted on BTT to let people contact us so that we could record their info for LISK redeem manually.
 BTER's users are all very happy with this solution when we contacted with them.

Note1: I used the LISK ICO system for XCR redeeming. It's not from BTER's crypti wallet which was not synced at that time.

we have been working together from the beginning of Crypti and put a lot effort on maintaining the XCR wallet and support XCR as an exchange. I am so disappointed that some people thought it in a wrong way. One way I can proof that I didn't steal any of the funds. We have got the XCR wallet synced well and people can all withdraw their funds to their own wallet or other exchanges whenever they want.

Lin@BTER

This is bullshit. Bter is bullshit.

I have 70 odd UNITY on Bter which I have been trying to withdraw for over a month. It's gone missing and I haven't had a single reply to any of the dozens of support tickets and emails I've sent them.

It's not just me, others have problems getting their QORA, XMR and other coins out.

We're supposed to believe that Bter has it's customer's best interests at heart and is working over time on their behalf when they can't/won't even sort out tiny withdrawal problems for weeks at a time?

Fuck them, don't let them anywhere near Lisk. They are crooks, thieves, charlatans, liars.

Fuck them, fuck them, fuck them.... do I make myself clear?

http://themerkle.com/bter-struggles-with-certain-withdrawals/

They even played a good part in the Bitbay ICO fund scam.

Maybe Lin wants to reply on that?

They are a mobster exchange.

Their captcha system is broken so hackers can even bash peoples account.

Stay away from BTER.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:57:25 AM

who in his right mind would use BTER? Withdraws are not wokring from months, everyone should stay away from bter.
Game_Seller

Activity: 237

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:02:25 PM

Meh... you guys got over 5 mil just build your own lisk exchange. People create them on 1/500th of that amount.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:07:27 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 12:26:01 PM by MalReynolds

If you can't follow instruction to put up a node then you will not know how to maintain it hence not going to get many votes.

Let me just make a few general comments and observations.  

Lots of people are talking about becoming delegates.  This is good.  

Many of these are saying (in one way or another), "Vote for me and I will give you a cut of the rewards" or "I won't vote for anybody that doesn't give me a cut of forging rewards".  This is bad.

The first job of a Lisk Active Delegate is SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  Not make money for themselves.  Not make money for others.  SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.

I'm no different from anybody else.  You offer me money, I'll take it, and I'll take it if I am voted to be an Active Delegate.  But I argued early on with Max that offering forging rewards in Lisk was a mistake.  I finally shut up because Lisk is his coin and not mine, and I have been known to be wrong occasionally.  Smiley

Crypti is a pure non-inflationary Proof of Stake (PoS) coin with Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) voting.

Lisk is an inflationary Proof of Work (PoW) coin with Delegated Proof of Stake With Forging Rewards (DPoSWFR) voting.  

DPoSWFR has the single advantage of offering a motivation for somebody to become an Active Delegate and put up a Lisk node.

DPoSWFR has several disadvantages.  DPoSWFR puts additional new votes and voting power directly and solely in the hands of the 101 Delegates who need votes to stay in their position of power (oligarchy).  DPoSWFR motivates the creation by one individual of multiple declared or even covert sock-puppet accounts to receive multiple rewards (monopoly / crime), at the expense of Lisk node decentralization.  DPoSWFR encourages a "miner-get-rich-quick" mentality (greed) that detracts from and even subverts the delegate prime directive of SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  And DPoSWFR creates a motivational gap between Active Delegates running nodes for 150K Crypti in Year One, and Standby Delegates running nodes for no reward at all (income disparity).

People tend to think of Crypti as a "loser".  In fact Crypti had many successes and things to admire.  These include being a non-inflationary coin; the development of sidechains / dapps by Version 0.5.5; and finally, making true strides towards being a DPoS system with altruistic, unpaid delegates who did their job with no forging rewards.  I have a whole side post I believe is worth reading on this topic, "The Truth About Delegates" :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346646.msg13832600#msg13832600  

The cost of running 1 or even 101 DPoS cloud VPS or Raspberry Pi 2 Lisk nodes is negligible overhead in today's world, both for individuals who believe in Lisk enough to run a single node, and for the upcoming Lisk billion-dollar financial / sidechain-dapp ecosystem that could pay for running all 101 of them.  

This fact is the key to getting away from Bitcoin and Ethereum mining farms, whether ASIC or GPU based. This fact is the key to the future.  

I still think altruistic unpaid delegates would have been the best path for Lisk, however long it would take to find them.   Instead, we have greedy paid delegates.  

So be it.  But never forget this system is a choice, and alternatives exist.

And also never forget, the delegate prime directive is SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  Not "make money".

crypti

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:13:41 PM

Response to Bter.com

https://blog.crypti.me/response-to-bter-claims/
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:17:59 PM

Really and thats why Bter is full of (lets not say bad words here ***) They should just be removed from the ICO and asked to never
ever add Lisk to there exchange.

Save a lot of people there money.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:20:19 PM

Where's the "CHOOO CHOOO MOTHERFUCKERS"  train?
Warm up its engine

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:23:49 PM

Where's the "CHOOO CHOOO MOTHERFUCKERS"  train?
Warm up its engine

i doubt if i would sell at 1 million satoshi or not Wink

No im not
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:25:28 PM

Well, they've felt no sense of urgency in resolving the many, longstanding withdrawal issues they have from owner's of other coins.

If you send them the Lisk they will steal it.

Can we think of a way to reimburse the customers ripped-off by Bter without using Bter themselves?

It would be good for Lisk to be seen to try to help ripped-off users, it would be bad for Lisk to be seen enabling a scam by the crook Lin.

Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:30:32 PM

Well, they've felt no sense of urgency in resolving the many, longstanding withdrawal issues they have from owner's of other coins.

If you send them the Lisk they will steal it.

Can we think of a way to reimburse the customers ripped-off by Bter without using Bter themselves?

It would be good for Lisk to be seen to try to help ripped-off users, it would be bad for Lisk to be seen enabling a scam by the crook Lin.

That the problem you cant see what they own who!

So as i see it there are 2 options;

1..You allow there Ico, you give them the coins they can give it to there people (but hey they didnt allow withdraws so why would they now) and there is a possibility that they even will dump all coins, cause i doubt they really care look how they handle there people.

2..You give them back there Xcr and make a statement why and that Lisk doesnt want to be assosiated with anything like this.

both have there advantage and disadventage
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:33:16 PM

Let me just make a few general comments and observations.  

Lots of people are talking about becoming delegates.  This is good.  

Many of these are saying (in one way or another), "Vote for me and I will give you a cut of the rewards" or "I won't vote for anybody that doesn't give me a cut of forging rewards".  This is bad.

The first job of a Lisk Active Delegate is SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  Not make money for themselves.  Not make money for others.  SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.

I'm no different from anybody else.  You offer me money, I'll take it, and I'll take it if I am voted to be an Active Delegate.  But I argued early on with Max that offering forging rewards in Lisk was a mistake.  I finally shut up because Lisk is his coin and not mine, and I have been known to be wrong occasionally.  Smiley

Crypti is a pure non-inflationary Proof of Stake (PoS) coin with Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) voting.

Lisk is an inflationary Proof of Work (PoW) coin with Delegated Proof of Stake With Forging Rewards (DPoSWFR) voting.  

DPoSWFR has the single advantage of offering a motivation for somebody to become an Active Delegate and put up a Lisk node.

DPoSWFR has several disadvantages.  DPoSWFR puts additional new votes and voting power directly and solely in the hands of the 101 Delegates who need votes to stay in their position of power (oligarchy).  DPoSWFR motivates the creation by one individual of multiple declared or even covert sock-puppet accounts to receive multiple rewards (monopoly / crime), at the expense of Lisk node decentralization.  DPoSWFR encourages a "miner-get-rich-quick" mentality (greed) that detracts from and even subverts the delegate prime directive of SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  And DPoSWFR creates a motivational gap between Active Delegates running nodes for 150K Crypti in Year One, and Standby Delegates running nodes for no reward at all (income disparity).

People tend to think of Crypti as a "loser".  In fact Crypti had many successes and things to admire.  These include being a non-inflationary coin; the development of sidechains / dapps by Version 0.5.5; and finally, making true strides towards being a DPoS system with altruistic, unpaid delegates who did their job with no forging rewards.  I have a whole side post I believe is worth reading on this topic, "The Truth About Delegates" :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346646.msg13832600#msg13832600  

The cost of running 1 or even 101 DPoS cloud VPS or Raspberry Pi 2 Lisk nodes is negligible overhead in today's world, both for individuals who believe in Lisk enough to run a single node, and for the upcoming Lisk billion-dollar financial / sidechain-dapp ecosystem that could pay for running all 101 of them.  

This fact is the key to getting away from Bitcoin and Ethereum mining farms, whether ASIC or GPU based. This fact is the key to the future.  

I still think altruistic unpaid delegates would have been the best path for Lisk, however long it would take to find them.   Instead, we have greedy paid delegates.  

So be it.  But never forget this system is a choice, and alternatives exist.

And also never forget, the delegate prime directive is SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  Not "make money".

It would be nice if there was a way to "vote" rewards to Nodes after each month or quarter and also options to Remove delegates when the liskers think their not adding enough value.
So a much smaller flat payment for being a delegate and then options to reward delegates that we deem added a lot of value.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: