Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073044 times)
kangertech

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:08:55 PM

People here should concentrate to promote lisk worldwide not looking for an L for a new logo

agree with you, what we need at the moment is not to waste time for a new logo but to share the project everywhere, facebook, twitter ecc...
LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:13:05 PM

People here should concentrate to promote lisk worldwide not looking for an L for a new logo

False choice. Some of us can do more than 1 thing at once. Smiley

"Once we have access to the money we will hire a reputable and excellent design agency to do a complete rebranding (logo, website, client, mobile client, media kit, design guidelines) with an even better UX than now. So this is being taken care of! We will come up with a new logo and design. "

Handled.  I posted a yahoo finance link the other day, hopefully guys are taking a few minutes to spread all the different news articles that appear here. 

TheRedHawk

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 12:15:24 PM

Maybe I'm freak or insane BUT i love this logo  Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Why do you not like it guys??

TRH
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:20:30 PM

I do not agree. Simple activities such as this generate interaction among the crowd.
GiftEncounter

Activity: 89

http://lisk.io

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 12:24:01 PM

The Lisk Reddit has gained 100+ Subs just in the past 6-10 hours  Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/lisk

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:42:57 PM

Maybe I'm freak or insane BUT i love this logo  Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Why do you not like it guys??

TRH

I actually like the logo. To me it is very memorable, its like burned into my mind since i first saw it. I cant say that about 99% of other coin logo's.
just2laff

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:43:48 PM

Lots of people are talking about becoming delegates.  This is good.  

Many of these are saying (in one way or another), "Vote for me and I will give you a cut of the rewards" or "I won't vote for anybody that doesn't give me a cut of forging rewards".  This is bad.

The first job of a Lisk Active Delegate is SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  Not make money for themselves.  Not make money for others.  SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.

Agreed. Frankly this whole think pissed me off in the last few days. More than once I typed out a post then deleted them without sending, with a "not worth it".

I'll run a delegate. I'll do it with the best of my ability. (And my best is pretty good. )
I'll keep it up to date, make any necessary steps to minimize downtime and other possbile problems.

I'll not however promote myself endlessly and campaign on my own behalf.
I'll not make myself more work for running and managing some kind of rakeback program.
Anyone who needs or care enough about this whole pool idea, most likely controls negligble amount of Lisk, so if they don't vote for me, I don't care.

Exactly.  I'll run one of my own, but refuse to promote myself.  The uptime, once this is even possible, will speak for itself.  This is the only promotion I'll make
just2laff

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:53:12 PM

I do not personally know Max or Oliver, but from what I've heard from the people that do- they are upstanding gentlemen. Lisk has incredible potential and its entry to market has come at a pivotal time. While Ethereum experiences exponential growth, Lisk arrives with an equally outstanding architecture. Lisk also seems more user-friendly during its early stages of development, unlike the frontier release of Ethereum (although I don't mean to focus on a direct comparison between the cryptos).

Furthermore, once you've done your due diligence and made the decision to participate in the ICO then it's time to assume a more passive role. It is unfair, rather unusual, to participate in the ICO and then quickly take to the forums and demand timelines, transparency, and the like.
There are, of course, no guarantees in the realm start-ups; especially so because of the nature crypto and emerging technologies. Put simply, let the developers develop.

I bought some lisk, I'm looking forward to a roadmap, and I'm looking forward to building Dapps using BaaS.  Grin

Exactly.  Wouldn't the time for all of these questions been BEFORE investing money?  And yes, I realize I am way behind reading these posts.  I'm just commenting as I catch up
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:56:04 PM

Should there be a a new thread for community members that want to be considered for being one of the 101 delegates?

Maybe we could start a list. I'd like to be considered as well.

I'm an IT professional, and would run my node on Vultr.

there is on the official forum

https://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=6

Thank you, Sir!

You have my vote btw. and I hope to gain your consideration as well.
digitron

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:03:18 PM

I'm getting a little worried by all the brandnew accounts asking to become active delegates.
There seem to be lots and lots of them all Very experienced in crypto for years only now got around to BCT.

You do have a point there. Voting for delegates is a lot about trust, and I will surely look at the BCT history of the people I vote for. Accounts that have been registered in the last few weeks only, are off limits. We have to assume they are either brand new to crypto, or have something to hide.

⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |        • Resources   • Website   • Slack
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |   Real World B2B Blockchain solutions  |   Join the TEC - May 1st - Jun 30th
⚫️⚫️⚫️ BlockPool.io  |                                                                 • Twitter   • Blog   • Facebook
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:07:58 PM

I'm getting a little worried by all the brandnew accounts asking to become active delegates.
There seem to be lots and lots of them all Very experienced in crypto for years only now got around to BCT.

You do have a point there. Voting for delegates is a lot about trust, and I will surely look at the BCT history of the people I vote for. Accounts that have been registered in the last few weeks only, are off limits. We have to assume they are either brand new to crypto, or have something to hide.

could be those looking to run multiple delegate nodes. just a guess.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:11:18 PM

Some news from devs ?
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:11:26 PM

I am also thinking of running a node for Lisk. Will I get any votes from you guys?

I already know of a few that I will vote for for sure like Mal, banana....
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:12:29 PM

I present the new Lisk logo/coin

A small stack of coin with one single on the side on top of a wood table

So cute

This one is very similar to lite coin
i do not like it

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
lisker

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 01:17:42 PM

A quick update regarding your attempts on logos. Smiley

Right now we don't have access to the ICO money. Legally (escrow terms) we can get access to it after the first Lisk block was forged. Due to tax reasons however, we will only have access to it once we registered the Lisk entity as a non-profit organisation. This is a process which still takes several weeks.

Once we have access to the money we will hire a reputable and excellent design agency to do a complete rebranding (logo, website, client, mobile client, media kit, design guidelines) with an even better UX than now. So this is being taken care of! We will come up with a new logo and design.

Thank you for your concerns! Feel free to create a thread on our forum and do brainstorming there. So that the design agency can go there later and maybe get a few ideas.

Thanks! Smiley

Very good news! 

www.lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:22:39 PM

Some news from devs ?

You can talk to the devs at
https://lisk.chat
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:30:47 PM

Just to let people know:

Bter has found my UNITY and put it back in my account - after only five weeks!!!

This was completely unexpected on my part - although, I doubt it is a coincidence - so perhaps this latest episode has caused them to get their act together and sort out everybody else's issues too?

I haven't tried to withdraw it yet, I will do so this afternoon.

Don't take this post as showing my approval for Bter - I still consider them to be a risky operation.
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:33:11 PM

A quick update regarding your attempts on logos. Smiley

Right now we don't have access to the ICO money. Legally (escrow terms) we can get access to it after the first Lisk block was forged. Due to tax reasons however, we will only have access to it once we registered the Lisk entity as a non-profit organisation. This is a process which still takes several weeks.

Once we have access to the money we will hire a reputable and excellent design agency to do a complete rebranding (logo, website, client, mobile client, media kit, design guidelines) with an even better UX than now. So this is being taken care of! We will come up with a new logo and design.

Thank you for your concerns! Feel free to create a thread on our forum and do brainstorming there. So that the design agency can go there later and maybe get a few ideas.

Thanks! Smiley

Very good news! 

Thank you for update
we are waiting the lunch
good luck

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
CroDam

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:45:51 PM

Hey all,

I am CroDam.
I have looked all throughout the thread and see that we are little bit short with delegates atm. So I would like to help our community too.
Have gathered a list of people as to who I will be voting for as delegates.

(As of now) My votes are going to:

MalReynolds, PunkRock, Emerge, techbytes, cc001, nextgencrypto, Bitseedmike, bigcabrito, TheRedHawk,
Splatters, Mrboot, Pinkman12345, BTCRoyal(Jan), Th4o, DevKing, djselery, Videodrone, Vega, Trader19, Bitcoinuserx,
Cryptomaik, Simeul, Digitron,  elitecstrike, ZenFR, Nuevo, grajson, Hollowman338, Bysup, CannaBanana

I am also running to become a delegate. So I hope to, in return, receive support and be on your voting list as well.

If there are others who are looking to become delegates on a reliable machine and would like my vote, in return for theirs, let me know.

Best Regards

added you to the list

Thx mate
grajson

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:50:28 PM

Let me just make a few general comments and observations.  
Lots of people are talking about becoming delegates.  This is good.  
Many of these are saying (in one way or another), "Vote for me and I will give you a cut of the rewards" or "I won't vote for anybody that doesn't give me a cut of forging rewards".  This is bad.
The first job of a Lisk Active Delegate is SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.  Not make money for themselves.  Not make money for others.  SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN.
Hi, Mal! What if we cooperate to SECURE THE LISK BLOCKCHAIN and more. We could make reward from delegates more useful for Lisk ecosystem donating them for "DAPP Contest" ran by us and all who will be inspired and joined to us.
I would like to see something like "Delegates Rewards for Dapps Developing" cooperation.
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=111&p=322#p322

I am struck with irony about how this delegate conversation is going.  

Max set up the DPoSWFR (Delegated Proof of Stake With Forging Rewards) system in Lisk for only one reason: offer people rewards and they will be motivated to set up nodes!

Now more and more people are saying they want to set up nodes so they can give the rewards away!  To a pool of voters!  To a Dapp contest reward!  Sooner or later it will be to a charity....or did I already see that?

How is DPoSWFR a motivator to run a node if everybody gives the reward away?  If so many people are so willing to run a node with no personal reward, I say again that Lisk would be better off with NO forging rewards and instead rely on 101 unpaid volunteers to secure the Lisk blockchain.  

Volunteer unpaid nodes would avoid a whole lot of jealousy that's coming like a thunderstorm on the horizon.  When Lisk hits $10 each like Ethereum, running a node is going to be worth $300K+ per year for Active Delegates and $0 per year for Standby Delegates....

amanai, if you're going to give your node reward away, a "Dapp contest" is a very worthy cause to support.

True that. I personally have no intention of giving away the reward if ever I were to be voted as an active delegate, as I myself am a DApp developer and have big usage for the forging rewards like testing, promotion and compensation for myself as well.. Instead of giving part of the reward I can always just donate from my own pocket whenever an event comes up regarding DApp Development

Apart from that I can also give advice to other DApp Developers and join other teams, and of course recruit people for my team as well!

BTW, Lin is not China, there are still good Chinese out there

I completely agree with MalReynolds that sharing reward with voters is simply buing the votes and It doesn't add any VALUE to the project. On the other hand putting your hard work to develop and promote LIsk and projects beeing build on it is adding VALUE. Considering a potential reward $300K+ its clear that just setting up a node on 5$ Vultr it not enough what delegate should do and most likely won't be enough to stay in 101 unless he will pay the voters keep him there.

I hope the competition between delegates will be directed to active promotion  and we gonna win our votes by posting our specific plans how to do so and later what we already done. I think it will be handy if each of us have a one topic on Lisk forum where will be updating his activity.  

In my opinion proper promotion beside hard work needs funds behind and we as delegates gonna have lots of them. The potential revard  $300K+ per year or is just ridiculously high. Of course I would be happy to keep it all, but I also would be happy to have half that sum and additionally satisfaction that I'v done something for the project by popularizing it in my country. I is still a very nice piece of pie to keep me well motivated, and I  even think that keeping all the revard Is a bit unethical to Lisk, considering how big oportunity it gave to us it we should be gratefull and support the project. Thats why Im going to REINVEST a part of the revard (if I'm gonna be voted) in LIsk promotion, the details will be posted on lisk forum.

I also think that the gap between position 101 and 102 will create jealous, only hoping that it will create a drive in them to top 101 by doing something for Lisk and showing it here.  Considering such a HiGH revard per active delegate maybe in future we would need to incerase the amount of Active delegates since there is only specific amount of work and time a one person can sucrafice for the project. Unless the delegates will hire people,  at some point, the revard might be to big and ufair to the rest of comunity.  Maybe 200 or 300 active delegates could do even better job than 100 and it decerase the revard gap between Active and standby delegates, however it would be harder to follow everyone and decide who is actually a doer and shoud earn your vote.

To decerase the gap between active and standby delegates we could for example change the way how the blocks are generated increasing the likehood a specific delegate will be drawn proportionally to the voting power he received. This way active delegates at the end of the list would earn smaller revards. However it might cause that the rich is getting richer effect and its very likely that the pools (the ones who paying for votes) will be on top of the list which means more money for passive people instead active.

Anyone who is not buing votes and plan to do something serious to promote/develop Lisk can coun't on my vote. I trully belive that reinvesting part of revard will actually make delegates  more wealthy, since it incerase the price of Lisk indirectly in the long run.

Just my two cents Smiley

Grajson

Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: