Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073034 times)
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:49:16 PM

Helllloooo Lisk Community!

We have some exciting weeks ahead, we are getting closer and closer to launch, can you feel the hype? Wink

Check your keys! The validator has been officially launched, just login into your ICO account, click "My Lisk Keys" on the header and input your passphrase per exchange! Smiley Easy right?

Also, for those who have not even created their keys: Generate Your Keys before April 4th!

This is important. We need a high number of keys generated (>95%) before being ready for launch or else we will sadly need to postpone the launch until we have reached the desired number. We really don't want to be responsible for so many non-generated keys. Here is where we stand:

• We had 8490 completed exchanges
  • 7059 have been claimed
  • 1432 have not been claimed
  • 17% unclaimed, we need to lower that to 5% (approx. 400 exchanges)

What happens with the people who don't generate their keys? They will be in our possession until they come and get them (most likely). We urge everyone to generate their keys, you don't want to be dealing with the team during the official launch, it is highly likely we will be swamped and support tickets will be delayed.

Thanks for supporting us! And let's spread the word, CREATE YOUR KEYS!
Send letters to them.

Can you send email notifications? Tongue
Is this my responsibility?I have to send or developers? Angry
I guess he was saying to dev, are you a vain person?

What I'm missing is if we're less than 95% passphrase generated for April 4th will you announce a delay of the launch?
So when you talk about those 400 people, you mean that until only 400 are missing you can't launch the coin, but for those 400 you will keep their lisk?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devking

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:56:45 PM

Hi, guys. Installing DAPPs in testnet web-wallet is not works? Or I do something wrong?
I login, click "DAPP store", click "Lisk Guestbook", click install, input the password for current account and get error: "Incorrect master password".
You have to  update default master password in config.json and use the same while
 installing.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:17:36 PM

when does the sig.-camp. ends?

can i remove the lisk sig now?

Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:20:43 PM

it's over since the 3rd week of the ICO....

Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:26:57 PM

You can now validate your passphrases on the ICO website. We will post a more detailed guide later this evening.
Please be 100% sure you insert the exact same passphrase as the ICO website gave you!

Is this a "must do" or just for checking if we got our passphrase right?

The devs are hoping they can validate a big percentile of the accounts. They would like to make sure the generate wallets and passphrases are working correctly prior to the official launch. I've already checked mine, it does not take more than five minutes, it's rather easy. My suggestion for everyone is to go ahead and validate your passphrases, make sure you wrote down the password correctly. It's better to be safe than to be sorry. Smiley
OK, thanks for the heads up.

I am going to do this.
Hopefully the website is safe..
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:31:38 PM

that is a crazy percent of people who have not done this already.

It is, but I have to wonder what percentage of the LISK that actually represents. It could be a bunch of 0.01 BTC exchanges. Otherwise, I'd imagine the owners would be following this a bit more closely.

I wonder if they could change it from percentage of exchanges claimed to percentage of LISK claimed.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:42:50 PM

Has left-pad disaster affected Lisk? Huh
Do all investors understand, that Lisk is very dependant to third parties via hundreds of megabytes of node modules? Roll Eyes
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:47:28 PM

Since now your in the dumb pile, did you make sure to save your keys?

I know ICO participants need to generate keys before Lisk launches, but I thought signature campaign participants don't need to.

The post quoted below gave me the impression that signature campaign participants don't need to generate Lisk keys until after the launch of the coin. I thought participants would be contacted after the launch and asked to generate a key through the Lisk wallet. Did I misinterpret something, should signature campaign participants  generate keys now?

IMPORTANT! The bounty campaign is finished! We will contact you for your Lisk address in the beginning of April and will distribute the bounties as soon as possible.

4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:51:34 PM

You can now validate your passphrases on the ICO website. We will post a more detailed guide later this evening.

Please be 100% sure you insert the exact same passphrase as the ICO website gave you!

Done  Wink

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:52:16 PM

Since now your in the dumb pile, did you make sure to save your keys?

I know ICO participants need to generate keys before Lisk launches, but I thought signature campaign participants don't need to.

The post quoted below gave me the impression that signature campaign participants don't need to generate Lisk keys until after the launch of the coin. I thought participants would be contacted after the launch and asked to generate a key through the Lisk wallet. Did I misinterpret something, should signature campaign participants  generate keys now?

IMPORTANT! The bounty campaign is finished! We will contact you for your Lisk address in the beginning of April and will distribute the bounties as soon as possible.

Please, regardless of what you have read anywhere else that makes you think twice about generating your keys.

100% of LISK investors NEED TO GENERATE KEYS.

This has NOTHING to do with any Signature campaign.  You will not miss out on it if you contacted them early enough to get your name added to the campaign list.

GENERATE YOUR KEYS NOW, YES THAT MEANS YOU.  You the person reading this, Did you generate your Keys?
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:04:32 PM

Has left-pad disaster affected Lisk? Huh
Do all investors understand, that Lisk is very dependant to third parties via hundreds of megabytes of node modules? Roll Eyes

It's not a disaster, it's an inconvenience. It can be got from the Github, no problem.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:10:33 PM

I also just validated all my keys for all transactions.I hope the launch will go on 11th April as planned without any delay.I am also excited to see big things happening in coming days in future.Glad to be part of Lisk community.
sussex

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:13:32 PM

and if your answer is lazy people wont vote!  My answer is how the fuck do you know?  

We know because virtually all elections in any sphere have poor turnouts - and this is when people don't have to pay to vote. It also unfair to class non-voters as "lazy", they could just not have much Lisk, - this will get worse if Lisk's value lifts to any significant degree. I am trying to find some stats from the Crypti voting, which I intend to use how such a voting mechanism is open to simple, cheap manipulation. So, if anyone knows where I might find this, I'd be grateful.

It's all guesses based off of narrow circumstances that need specific types of things to happen in order to be successful.

It's not. Lots of people have admitted this is a potential problem.

This is a reply from Max on the Lisk forum:

"In my opinion people shouldn't concentrate so much on the forging, delegates and DPoS part of Lisk. It's only "a means to an end". They should concentrate on the dapp part. "

This is, as far as I know, the first statement by Max on this subject and he seems to be telling us to not worry our pretty little heads about it - I'm doing my best not to read something into this, but it's getting more difficult not to.  I would have thought consideration of all aspects of Lisk was paramount - it's not like there's a shortage of people to spend time on it. It's also the only contribution I can realistically provide, I'm not a coder, not much of a techie, but I have had an interest in voting and election systems for some time, I do know a little about it.

I'm not sure that Lisk can be called decentralised when it relies on an effectively closed group of 101 delegates.

Rohit Khare's definition of decentralisation states:

"An open decentralized system is one in which the entry of peers is not regulated. Any peer can enter or leave the system at any time."

Does Lisk meet this definition?

I have invested a lot (for me) of BTC into this, so I am not fudding, I want it to work, but this issue is only going to get more pronounced as more money and trolls come into the scene - it needs sorting, one way or another.

I was originally fairly keen on the lottery idea, but my thoughts are changing. It seems to me that if any voting system is going to give advantage to the already well-off, why not just auction the delegate positions? I don't see that there is much difference between an auction and the DPOS voting system as it stands, except it would be more honest. It would also remain true to the ideals of "the market".

Liskar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:27:48 PM

https://i.imgur.com/k1Od4FW.jpg

Done  Wink

Successfully done but..is it normal to have 0 Lisk on the Page???
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:28:40 PM

I'm not sure that Lisk can be called decentralised when it relies on an effectively closed group of 101 delegates.

Rohit Khare's definition of decentralisation states:

"An open decentralized system is one in which the entry of peers is not regulated. Any peer can enter or leave the system at any time."

Does Lisk meet this definition?

I have invested a lot (for me) of BTC into this, so I am not fudding, I want it to work, but this issue is only going to get more pronounced as more money and trolls come into the scene - it needs sorting, one way or another.

I was originally fairly keen on the lottery idea, but my thoughts are changing. It seems to me that if any voting system is going to give advantage to the already well-off, why not just auction the delegate positions? I don't see that there is much difference between an auction and the DPOS voting system as it stands, except it would be more honest. It would also remain true to the ideals of "the market".

This is a problem all smart contract technology has , even ethereum , augur especially . they might as well be called "dumb contracts "

The blockchain is a ledger , secured by a consensus mechanism that is economically difficult to attack the larger it gets . any smart contract that requires any sort of "proof" of the contract being fulfilled , be that an escrow , and exchange , a betting market , anything outside of the blockchain. Then you have shifted the consensus to outside of the security of the blockchain.

People need to confirm the events that took place for the smart contract to be fulfilled, this is why augur runs on reputation because inside the blockchain the smart contract has no single clue what happened outside of the blockchain it is beyond its powers to be able to confirm or verify. So you have to rely on people to confirm what actually happen , Offering an incentive for them to not lie , because the consensus of people is centralized and a hell of alot less secure than the mathematical proofs of a blockchain ledger.

101 delegates isn't exactly fully decentralized but any coin with smart contracts cant be currently , it is impossible, they rely on an outside source to confirm the actions and fulfillment's of the smart contracts that aree outside of the blockchain.

With things like AT (atomic transactions) now there are ways to be able to do trades cross different currencies while still not needing someone to confirm that the transaction went thru , the smart contract can confirm for itself , it has bridged the gap and expanded the purview of the blockchain to another connected blockchain , but still for the majority of tasks people claim smart contracts can deal with, the inescapable truth is , that without a centralized authority that can confirm consensus to events outside of the blockchain , smart contracts are useless.

This is what i think Mal is talking about, this is a temporary solution to the fact that outside consensus is impossible for smart contracts to function without something in place to allow outside consensus , 101 delegates does seem like one of the best solutions currently to allow smart contract to function outside of the blockchain. but obviously as technology develops in the coming years and there are expansions to blockchain tech and the ability to reach consensus on events that take place outside of the blockchain , then it can become more deentralized , more secure and remove any potential bad human actors within the system
Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:33:34 PM

Done  Wink

Successfully done but..is it normal to have 0 Lisk on the Page???

You have 0 lisk in the ICO page from where you've bought lisk?

sussex

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:44:25 PM

This is a problem all smart contract technology has , even ethereum , augur especially . they might as well be called "dumb contracts "

The blockchain is a ledger , secured by a consensus mechanism that is economically difficult to attack the larger it gets . any smart contract that requires any sort of "proof" of the contract being fulfilled , be that an escrow , and exchange , a betting market , anything outside of the blockchain. Then you have shifted the consensus to outside of the security of the blockchain.

People need to confirm the events that took place for the smart contract to be fulfilled, this is why augur runs on reputation because inside the blockchain the smart contract has no single clue what happened outside of the blockchain it is beyond its powers to be able to confirm or verify. So you have to rely on people to confirm what actually happen , Offering an incentive for them to not lie , because the consensus of people is centralized and a hell of alot less secure than the mathematical proofs of a blockchain ledger.

101 delegates isn't exactly fully decentralized but any coin with smart contracts cant be currently , it is impossible, they rely on an outside source to confirm the actions and fulfillment's of the smart contracts that aree outside of the blockchain.

With things like AT (atomic transactions) now there are ways to be able to do trades cross different currencies while still not needing someone to confirm that the transaction went thru , the smart contract can confirm for itself , it has bridged the gap and expanded the purview of the blockchain to another connected blockchain , but still for the majority of tasks people claim smart contracts can deal with, the inescapable truth is , that without a centralized authority that can confirm consensus to events outside of the blockchain , smart contracts are useless.

This is what i think Mal is talking about, this is a temporary solution to the fact that outside consensus is impossible for smart contracts to function without something in place to allow outside consensus , 101 delegates does seem like one of the best solutions currently to allow smart contract to function outside of the blockchain. but obviously as technology develops in the coming years and there are expansions to blockchain tech and the ability to reach consensus on events that take place outside of the blockchain , then it can become more deentralized , more secure and remove any potential bad human actors within the system

Yes, I do understand all of this, but it's not really relevant to my main concern, which is about the way delegates claim their position. However, if the delegate pool was to be made substantially larger, wouldn't any centralisation claims be easier to fend off?

Here's an interesting little thing about predicting voters turnouts... at least, I find it interesting:

There is an (admittedly disputed) formulae for this:

PB + D > C,

P is the probability that an individual's vote will affect the outcome of an election,
    B is the perceived benefit that would be received if that person's favored political party or candidate were elected,
    D originally stood for democracy or civic duty, but today represents any social or personal gratification an individual gets from voting, and
    C is the time, effort, and financial cost involved in voting.

For an average Lisk voter, we can already see that both P and B are essentially zero and I can't imagine D would be very high. C would likely be quite/very high due to the effort of reading about delegates and especially paying to vote.

Now look at it from a (selfish) large Lisk holders/group point of view:

P would be high, because a high Lisk holder or group can put a lot of Lisk into voting and quite possibly affect the outcome. B would be astronomical because he's hoping to get a delegate out of it. We'll leave D as before because we can afford to, and C would be possibly quite high due to cost, but not as high as B, because B is where the profit is.
Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:52:04 PM

Nop, When putting my passphrase here: https://login.lisk.io/ I have 0 Lisk on the Dashboard

After validating the keys successfully of course
That's the web wallet, lisk is not yet released so you have no lisk there, you can see them only in the ico page

devlin

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:52:12 PM

It is possible (some software or Dapp) to make a "pool delegate"? when people will vote for "pool" and receive an % from pool earning (of course deducted cost of hardware run and a fee) This may be attractive for people with not so much coins to join their power. And from their votes to earning some coins, so earning will be spread to a large group. And make sense to someone to use his votes if earning something. Otherwise will be "vote for me and I vote for you" and this is not helping LISK. Of course there will be standalone delegate from some members with community support.
Liskar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:01:28 PM

Nop, When putting my passphrase here: https://login.lisk.io/ I have 0 Lisk on the Dashboard

After validating the keys successfully of course
That's the web wallet, lisk is not yet released so you have no lisk there, you can see them only in the ico page

Okay, all good then, thanks a lot for your answers, very appreciate this
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: