Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:47:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 07:32:42 PM

We now have 57 FAQ articles in our Knowledge Base. Smiley

http://support.lisk.io/

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 07:35:17 PM

my advice is to reduce awards delegates up to 3 coins per block first year, up to two coins in the second year and to 1 coins for all other years except inflation in the first year will be 39 %, which is first of all a lot, and secondly, each delegate receives in the first year more than 300K coins with less than 50K, you get a decent amount for the year, isn't it? although this is my opinion
realrover

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:47:59 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked:

Why is there 101 delegates? Wouldn't it be more decentralised with 1001 delegates for instance?

I'm running a node for a delegate on testnet right now, my proposal is at:
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195

The chat in lisk seems to have turned into a voting fest, so I'm a little cautious to participate, although I also want to help vote people I think are valuable as delegates and get voted for too as I want to spend profits on Dapp development to help lisk.

I think it would be better to have more than just 101 delegates, since this is pretty centralized in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Have a nice day!
proto

Joining this great question. I also think that 101 delegates is way too little and it'll be quite possible to gain control over half of them. Where this number came from? What is the reasoning?
Thanks.
bioly

Activity: 200
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:02:49 PM

Maybe LISK should have system similar to DASH? The only diffrence is that we could have lower treshold for start node. What do you think about that idea?
bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:16:21 PM

wow 393 pages on here nice. validated all my passphrases good to go cant wait for this to jump off

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:25:14 PM

my advice is to reduce awards delegates up to 3 coins per block first year, up to two coins in the second year and to 1 coins for all other years except inflation in the first year will be 39 %, which is first of all a lot, and secondly, each delegate receives in the first year more than 300K coins with less than 50K, you get a decent amount for the year, isn't it? although this is my opinion

Yeah, I've wondered about the 101 delegates getting all the reward. I'm all for them getting a percentage of the reward, but if you ignore those non delegate who are staking, then why would they continue to Stake unless they have a whole lot at stake? I think the fairest thing is to reward those who are putting in time as time=money and hardware=money. Delegates obviously (should be) putting in the most time and stakers a percentage of that. Work it out. Maybe the delegates get 60% of the staking rewards and stakers get 40%. It is just going to help the network and such. Anyone?

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
CREATIVE_Life

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:35:16 PM

Lisk — The first modular crypto-currency

Scalability has been a problem with crypto-currencies since Bitcoin’s introduction.

Scalability is the capability of a system, network, or process to handle a growing amount of work, or its potential to be enlarged in order to accommodate that growth.

In order to resolve this, Lisk will become the first truly modular crypto-currency by utilizing sidechains as a solution to scalability. Lisk sidechains allow us to implement various features into the Lisk main network simply as Decentralized Applications (Dapps). This not only makes single features optional, it will also keep the Lisk mainchain streamlined in comparison to other crypto-currencies.
From an architectural standpoint it is rational to apply this modularity prior to the official Lisk launch. Therefore, effective immediately, we have completely removed the current implementation of usernames and contacts from Lisk. In the near future, they will be part of the so called “Core Dapps” which bring new features directly integrated into the client user interface (UI).

The first Core Dapp allows users to create a unique identity on the Lisk network involving information such as username, first name, surname, email, forum/chat username, and/or a description. Dapp developers are be able to access the identity sidechain and use the information within their own dapps, e.g. the name of a Lisk account owner.

Alongside with the other planned Core Dapps (messaging, dapp reviews/ratings, contacts), Lisk not only becomes a decentralized network, it becomes a feature-complete and independent ecosystem. Combined with the many dapps by our users Lisk will form a one of its kind hub for the world, empowering the Internet of Things and motivating many industries.

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-the-first-modular-crypto-currency-dd3e8df87613

Looking forward to this.
Shocked $5 @ launch on polo?

Polo on the first few days can be more than 5 or even $ 10 ...  Smiley
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

I'm starting to think I'm going to dump my coins... the delusion is just too insane. 1 billion market cap on launch? The coin doesn't even have a team in place yet and you are valuing it at 1 billion?

Scalability has been a problem with crypto-currencies since Bitcoin’s introduction.

Scalability is the capability of a system, network, or process to handle a growing amount of work, or its potential to be enlarged in order to accommodate that growth.

In order to resolve this, Lisk will become the first truly modular crypto-currency by utilizing sidechains as a solution to scalability. Lisk sidechains allow us to implement various features into the Lisk main network simply as Decentralized Applications (Dapps). This not only makes single features optional, it will also keep the Lisk mainchain streamlined in comparison to other crypto-currencies.
From an architectural standpoint it is rational to apply this modularity prior to the official Lisk launch. Therefore, effective immediately, we have completely removed the current implementation of usernames and contacts from Lisk. In the near future, they will be part of the so called “Core Dapps” which bring new features directly integrated into the client user interface (UI).

The first Core Dapp allows users to create a unique identity on the Lisk network involving information such as username, first name, surname, email, forum/chat username, and/or a description. Dapp developers are be able to access the identity sidechain and use the information within their own dapps, e.g. the name of a Lisk account owner.

Alongside with the other planned Core Dapps (messaging, dapp reviews/ratings, contacts), Lisk not only becomes a decentralized network, it becomes a feature-complete and independent ecosystem. Combined with the many dapps by our users Lisk will form a one of its kind hub for the world, empowering the Internet of Things and motivating many industries.

Looking forward to this.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:44:25 PM

I can't believe Coindesk hasn't been published an article about Lisk

mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 08:47:02 PM

I'm starting to think I'm going to dump my coins... the delusion is just too insane. 1 billion market cap on launch? The coin doesn't even have a team in place yet and you are valuing it at 1 billion?

Looking forward to this.

Polo on the first few days can be more than 5 or even $ 10 ...  Smiley

@rtrtcrypto Dude stop being so emotional. What coin doesn't get hyped? They are obviously hyping and having some fun.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 08:48:35 PM

I can't believe Coindesk hasn't been published an article about Lisk

ya they had written
http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/lisk-raises-over-5-7-million-usd-in-2nd-most-successful-crypto-currency-crowd-fund-to-date/
but are due for more for sure! ;Wink)

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:51:23 PM

Looking forward to this.

Most projects snort a few lines of hopium, I'm surprised you are surprised. Hopefully reality ends up somewhere between a healthy profit and dreaming.

LiskCryptoFan

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:52:25 PM

That's paid content, hopefully once we have a deliverable they will write about it on their own.

LiskCryptoFan

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:57:07 PM

God I want to bet on this (against you)... I think there is such little chance of what you are expecting. Lisk "eating ETH alive" would mean what? 1 billion market cap and ethereum dropping BEHIND LISK?

If so, I'm willing to bet large sums of BTC against you on time frames as long as 24 months.

Only way I see this happening is if Ethereum has some fatal bug and it implodes. But, I don't see LISK catching up to Eth up there and passing it. If Lisk were to reach 900+ million and Ethereum dropped behind LISK I would pay out. No one will take that bet. Period.

"Users who have some experience with Javascript coding will see a lot of similarities with Solidity"

eth itself does not support javascript coding, unlike lisk that does.

Lisk will eat eth alive, just wait Wink

The bet wouldn't make sense. At a 7 million dollar market cap, I'm better off holding onto my Lisk if I really believe i will hit a 900 million dollar market cap. Betting against you wouldn't make sense even if I was sure you were wrong.  With that being said, I don't think you are wrong.  I think Lisk will hit a nice healthy market cap, but to compare it against Ethereum and the work they've done with their developers seems a little pie in the sky.

I rather evaluate this investment on it's own merits. Do I believe it will generate the type of profit that accounts for my time? Yes.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:59:09 PM

That's paid content, hopefully once we have a deliverable they will write about it on their own.

They're probably waiting Lisk to pay them for a real article. Fucking assholes. They post all sort of crap but somehow misses the second largest ICO and one of the most promising projects of the year.

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:05:26 PM

I'm hoping for a clear road map and hard work from the devs, that (way before 1 billion marketcap speculator frenzy) will get us decent ROI.

God I want to bet on this (against you)... I think there is such little chance of what you are expecting. Lisk "eating ETH alive" would mean what? 1 billion market cap and ethereum dropping BEHIND LISK?

If so, I'm willing to bet large sums of BTC against you on time frames as long as 24 months.

Only way I see this happening is if Ethereum has some fatal bug and it implodes. But, I don't see LISK catching up to Eth up there and passing it. If Lisk were to reach 900+ million and Ethereum dropped behind LISK I would pay out. No one will take that bet. Period.

"Users who have some experience with Javascript coding will see a lot of similarities with Solidity"

eth itself does not support javascript coding, unlike lisk that does.

Lisk will eat eth alive, just wait Wink

The bet wouldn't make sense. At a 7 million dollar market cap, I'm better off holding onto my Lisk if I really believe i will hit a 900 million dollar market cap. Betting against you wouldn't make sense even if I was sure you were wrong.  With that being said, I don't think you are wrong.  I think Lisk will hit a nice healthy market cap, but to compare it against Ethereum and the work they've done with their developers seems a little pie in the sky.

I rather evaluate this investment on it's own merits. Do I believe it will generate the type of profit that accounts for my time? Yes.
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:07:29 PM

When will Lisk be on polo Huh

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:12:58 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 09:30:47 PM by MalReynolds

Why is there 101 delegates? Wouldn't it be more decentralised with 1001 delegates for instance?  I think it would be better to have more than just 101 delegates, since this is pretty centralized in my opinion. What do you guys think?
Joining this great question. I also think that 101 delegates is way too little and it'll be quite possible to gain control over half of them. Where this number came from? What is the reasoning?

The key reason for only 101 delegates is to support the 10 second Lisk blocktime.  The more delegates there are, the more coordination messages you need between them in a given period of time - and it's not linear growth we're talking about here.  Crypti had a grand experiment called "Proof of Time" (PoT) whose goal was to coordinate large to infinite numbers of support nodes in a very short blocktime.   This PoT experiment failed.  When DPoS was grafted into Crypti, the 101 delegates worldwide were deemed the right number to support round-robin block addition every 10 seconds, based on the PoT experience.  Lisk has inherited this hard-won knowledge.

As for "gaining control of over half of them"...The only way to assure this doesn't happen is to verify people are who they say they are as they trickle in slowly one by one to join the testnet.  I'm doing this right now, documenting their ID credentials and performance in a spreadsheet for all to see after launch.  

That's why it's so important to be a Active Delegate on the test net NOW if you want to be an Active Delegate on the main net LATER.  I am betting there will be 1000+ people who will click the button in the Lisk client to become "Standby Delegates" within 24 hours after launch.  Most of them have no idea that they ALSO need to go off to rent a cloud server and set up totally different Lisk software to run a Delegate node.  How will you pick who to vote for out of that mob?  You won't.  You'll go to a spreadsheet I'm making of the people who have already proven they can do the job of an Active Delegate and have already been vetted to be individuals and not sock puppets.  

And you'll vote for the people in this spreadsheet.  The Team.

Wait until this time next week after launch, you'll understand what I'm talking about.  
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:13:17 PM

I'm hoping for a clear road map and hard work from the devs, that (way before 1 billion marketcap speculator frenzy) will get us decent ROI.

Yes, regular updates of the roadmap on trello would be helpful

https://trello.com/b/phawF7x3/lisk

peer2peer360

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:28:10 PM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/04/04/r3cev-microsoft-enters-partnership/

The use of Microsoft’s Azure services by R3CEV and banking consortium will give then access to the company’s fast-growing blockchain technology offerings which already includes the likes of Ethereum, Ripple, Factom, Alphapoint, LibraTax & Lisk

Peer2peer36o

Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: