Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:36:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:33:13 PM

I store my bitcoin in a few online wallets. It saves a lot of time, but sometimes i concerned about their secure and safety.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:56:39 PM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make​ a transaction.

Online wallets are risky as you have a fear of loosing your bitcoins so the best choice would be to store your bitcoins in offline wallet and for that I think electrum wallet is the best as it has great safety features and won't be possible for anyone to hack your coins.
i do not think that online wallet are risky because i am already using about from 2 years and i do not face any problem so i consider that online wallet is good and secure.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:53:44 PM

I always use online wallets. Ease of use and you don't need the whole blockchain downloaded and updated copy continuesly untill you can make​ a transaction.

Online wallets are risky as you have a fear of loosing your bitcoins so the best choice would be to store your bitcoins in offline wallet and for that I think electrum wallet is the best as it has great safety features and won't be possible for anyone to hack your coins.
i do not think that online wallet are risky because i am already using about from 2 years and i do not face any problem so i consider that online wallet is good and secure.
I strongly agree with you, The most of known online wallets are highly secure. When we talk about blockchain or maybe XAPO. There are top secure. I save my bitcoin in xapo wallet since 3 years and till now i don't have any problems with them. furthermore xapo have a lot of advantage, I mean here
- Transactions without fees.
- Instantly transactions from xapo account to another xapo account.( you don't need comfirmation)

Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:57:44 PM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoins on an online wallet. This wallet is where all my earnings from signature campaigns go.

I store my bitcoin in an online wallet too. I think that is what most of the people here do but I have noticed that some of them have mentioned hardware wallet. I wonder what it is?

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:15:42 PM

Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoins on an online wallet. This wallet is where all my earnings from signature campaigns go.

I store my bitcoin in an online wallet too. I think that is what most of the people here do but I have noticed that some of them have mentioned hardware wallet. I wonder what it is?

Online wallets are a horrible way of storing your coins for various reasons. Most important reasons are that you are not the only entity with control over your coins, your coins are exposed to threats coming from the internet, plus that you rely on the service in question to stay online all the time. In order to prevent the latter situation to form a problem, always make sure that when you do happen to make use of an online wallet service, that you use one that provides you with the private keys. In case the service goes down, you'll always be able to access your coins.

Regarding hardware wallets, here is a handy link -- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:26:36 PM

i store all my bitcoins in online wallet ,becasue its easay to use from anywhere and anytime but we have to secure our online wallets from attackers that's why its better to use 2 fact. authenticaton,but i think its better to use paper wallet as it is saffest way to store your bitcoin.
yes to me i also store my bitcoin in an online wallet. but i remain careful that when the number of my bitcoin exceeded from certain number then i use multi wallet for storing my bitcoins as i do not like to store my all bitcoins in one wallet and so i distribute them in different wallets for security reason.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:28:05 PM

yeah online wallet is very useful for bitcoin because it is very secure and very easy to use and a lot of people are using online wallet for bitcoin.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:38:36 PM

yeah online wallet is very useful for bitcoin because it is very secure and very easy to use and a lot of people are using online wallet for bitcoin.
For me still safe for me to save bitcoin is in desktop wallet which is electrum than online wallet that you have no fully control with your wallet unlike in electrum that you can backup the files and install it in the other wallet.
Online wallet there are possibility that your account can be deleted in the database..  sometimes its happening in other website that someone injecting mysql injector just to get the database or destroy the database.. so beware.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:02:02 PM

Currently I use two wallets. First one is a web wallet that is, a bc.i and the other is a desktop wallet. The latter is the electrum portable which I use at most as savings account trying to don't use to spend for any reasons. I am thinking that may be in the future I need a hardware wallet but till now these two are sufficient for my needs.
Salazarian

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:20:11 PM

I store my bitcoin in a few online wallets. It saves a lot of time, but sometimes i concerned about their secure and safety.
yes that is good i also used different online wallet when my bitcoin are more in number as i do not want to keep my all bitcoin in one wallet and put all the bitcoin in risky as there are always chances to of hacking online wallet that is way is safe to distribute bitcoin in different online wallets.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:25:29 AM

For the last couple of years I have been storing my bitcoins on web wallets only, never used a desktop wallet. There is risk involved, but it is also convenient. There is a probability that India might ban bitcoins in the next month or so. Now I have altogether stopped storing BTC.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:42:43 AM

In an online wallet that has all the authentications possible turned on,for me that's a good way to store your BTC,I know a lot of people will say that you have to store it on a paper wallet for example but I operate with my BTC quite a lot and that wouldn't be possible
The added security features help me have a secure storing of bitcoin though web wallets were termed as third party service providers. It gives much easier access to the transaction requirement with an easier user interface that even a beginner to bitcoin can use it without any difficulty.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:48:22 AM

I have divided them into some wallets. For my daily expenses and a little bit of gambling I use Electrum in my android phone. The coins which I intend to save for a long time that I am mining through GPU-s I withdraw always them in my hardware wallet and they will stay there for quite some time.

Never keep your coins in an online web wallet because sooner or later you will run into trouble.

Minimum recommended wallet from me is a desktop wallet like Electrum and best is a hardware wallet.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 05:59:23 AM

I strongly agree with you, The most of known online wallets are highly secure. When we talk about blockchain or maybe XAPO. There are top secure. I save my bitcoin in xapo wallet since 3 years and till now i don't have any problems with them. furthermore xapo have a lot of advantage, I mean here
- Instantly transactions from xapo account to another xapo account.( you don't need comfirmation)
Online wallets are never secure.  You're just telling a company which is barely regulated to keep your coins and spend them for you.  It's the same thing you do on an exchange.  They could scam you like Gox for all you know.

The most secure way to hold Bitcoin is on a hardware wallet.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:21:16 AM

In an online wallet that has all the authentications possible turned on,for me that's a good way to store your BTC,I know a lot of people will say that you have to store it on a paper wallet for example but I operate with my BTC quite a lot and that wouldn't be possible
for long time storage or long time investment there is no other good way to store it than paper wallet. paper wallet is much more secure than other online wallet. yes for daily use of it or for trading purpose there are many online wallet giving there facilities through that purpose.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:22:25 AM

Online wallets are never secure.  You're just telling a company which is barely regulated to keep your coins and spend them for you.  It's the same thing you do on an exchange.  They could scam you like Gox for all you know.

The most secure way to hold Bitcoin is on a hardware wallet.

I agree with you that hardware wallet  seems safer to keep bitcoin when compared to online wallet that sometimes vulnerable to theft by hackers
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:30:52 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 08:10:32 AM by UCHCHILD

I use to use online bitcoin wallet because I feel more safer than using some other wallet like offline wallet. Though there were some who suggested that it is not secure yet I can say it is for me, I use it for long run already since I met bitcoin Smiley I did not encounter any problem on using online wallet ever. And I guess some people also can prove that it is also secure to use online wallet. I am afraid of using wallet that just stored in my computer.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:48:00 AM

I agree with you, it is good and secure I use and still using online wallet, and I do not have any problem using it in so many years and I am much afraid to use a offline wallet, what if my computer got virus? And just hung up? What will I do? Anyway to recover it?
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:00:36 AM

Currently I do not intend to spend the bitcoin I have. Investing or storing bitcoins for a long time now looks so good to work on big profits in the future. Well, i regret having spent my bitcoin in the past for fun, so maybe this is the right time to save bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:37:09 AM

Currently I do not intend to spend the bitcoin I have. Investing or storing bitcoins for a long time now looks so good to work on big profits in the future. Well, i regret having spent my bitcoin in the past for fun, so maybe this is the right time to save bitcoin.
Great decision, buy and save bitcoin as much as you can and you will be happy for that decision after at least 4 years because the price in that year will be very high and you can spend your bitcoins after 4 years and you can have some fun with your profits. I also regret when i spent my bitcoins in gambling site because i was so greedy and i want to earn as fast as i can but i didn't i know that it is more worthy to hold or invest it rather than playing gambling.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: