Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27386 times)
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:16:48 PM

Also, anyone got anymore contact info on Davebuzz or Tom? Or if you seen them hang out in an IRC channel lately, all I got was dave's email.

Someone on IRC said Tom changed his number....

Someone please post pics of him again. His avatar was so cool.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 01:13:12 AM

Also, anyone got anymore contact info on Davebuzz or Tom? Or if you seen them hang out in an IRC channel lately, all I got was dave's email.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107082417778531020969/albums
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 01:43:32 AM

I didn't know that Tom once boxed Mike Tyson.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:07:16 AM

I wonder how many people who don't regularly follow this forum or the btcfpga forum, have no idea about what's happening, and therefore have not asked for a refund.  You know, the people who trusted the bASIC team and believed their money was in good hands?  The people who would never imagine that tom might have "left town".   

Law of the jungle and they are just sol? @Sitrow or any of the other bASIC team members: Will all the customers be contacted w/ the advice from the forums that they should ask for a chargeback or is it up to everyone to discover this for themselves and hope there's money left for their own refund? 

I only found out about the situation the other day, and even then only because I used to mine on OzCoin.
Have sent out emails to everyone involved and I guess I'll be processing a chargeback tomorrow once my bank opens.
Seriously pissed off at the whole thing. Here's hoping Tom has enough cash left to pay everyone back.

This is why you get venture capital, produce a product and then take orders.
Sigma

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:22:23 AM

This whole argument is kind of moot since people aren't getting refunds at all.

Should have received a refund last week. Requested a refund on Jan 6.

Several members of this forum have reportedly received refunds already.

Been waiting for mine since Jan 6. People after me have claimed to have received them.

Also been waiting since Jan 6 and nothing. Although it does say "Refunded" on the order information page, my money has not shown up sadly.
Hopefully it is just held up over the weekend? We shall see I suppose.

If your status is refunded then your refund was processed. It will probably show up on monday or tuesday in your account.

My status has not been changed to refunded (signaling that it has been refunded/processed).

Yep, actually got the refund this morning when it seems my bank woke up. Honestly I am very happy that they seem to be at least responding and refunding still.
Imo still bASIC is simply a problem ridden company and not a scam. If they get their shit together I absolutely would purchase a unit.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:00:13 AM

lol was this page publicly available b4 bASIC started? If it was, and ppl jumped on are deserved to be scammed.

Look at his employment and education!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:39:00 AM

How about this one?

http://cnysensiblepc.com/

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Miles Bennett Dyson

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:01:48 AM

I have got my money back, well most of it. 90$ less, but might be because I use another currency and perhaps conversion fee and difference in value since I payed.
Still no bitcoin for the other orders tho, which should be easiest to pay back especially since the BTC he got is worth so much more now than when he received them.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:19:54 AM

Yep, actually got the refund this morning when it seems my bank woke up. Honestly I am very happy that they seem to be at least responding and refunding still.
Imo still bASIC is simply a problem ridden company and not a scam. If they get their shit together I absolutely would purchase a unit.

Ya it would be really nice. I still have not had my refunds processed since Jan 6. I'm still "Ready to ship", after dozens of emails to all sorts of email address. No reply since I was supposed to "receive my refund within 24 hours" on Jan 11.

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:02:32 PM

I have 2 orders of total 3x 72GH/s units (1/3 which is BTC payed), which I have all requested refunds on. On the old BTCFPGA site it says my CC order is refunded but I do not have received any money in my bank account, and it's been days. And while no status change on the BTC order I also haven't received any btc back even tho Dave said on the forum that all BTC refunds were processed.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Me. Paid with CC in August, CC company says they can only do a charge back within 60 days after I get my bill - so no chance any more.
Order status on btcfpga.com says "refunded" - but nothing hit my account so far. Asked for the refund on 10th.
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

I received my CC refund this morning, I asked for the refund on the 8th I think.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:51:39 PM

The Manual:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136615.0
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:11:36 PM

I received either a refund or charge-back today as well.  Now all that remains is the BTC I paid. Undecided

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:41:24 PM

got my chargeback today too.

Until BTC has more protection for buyers, I don't see myself ever buying any big-ticket items with them in the future.  It seems scams are just too easy.
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:50:50 PM

Until BTC has more protection for buyers, I don't see myself ever buying any big-ticket items with them in the future.  It seems scams are just too easy.

This IMHO is not an issue with Bitcoin, but with the people that allow themselves to get scammed so easily.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 02:57:58 PM

I have 2 orders of total 3x 72GH/s units (1/3 which is BTC payed), which I have all requested refunds on. On the old BTCFPGA site it says my CC order is refunded but I do not have received any money in my bank account, and it's been days. And while no status change on the BTC order I also haven't received any btc back even tho Dave said on the forum that all BTC refunds were processed.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Me. Paid with CC in August, CC company says they can only do a charge back within 60 days after I get my bill - so no chance any more.
Order status on btcfpga.com says "refunded" - but nothing hit my account so far. Asked for the refund on 10th.

Charge backs can go for six months.  Unfortunately for you and according to the item below you had 120 days for merchandise not received which is more then the 60 they told you:

http://blog.unibulmerchantservices.com/visa-chargeback-reason-codes-and-time-limits/

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:47:18 PM

Ah, the lost art of due diligence... You don't need "more protection" - you can protect yourself by treating bitcoins much like you treat cash. You wouldn't just go to a strange neighborhood and hand a couple of thousands of dollars to a hand sticking out from a hole in the wall, the wall having a spray-painted advertisement "will build and deliver advanced, customized, integrated circuits"...? Or would you?

Paying cash to the likes of Sony and Tom - even ngzhang and friedcat, who so far appear much more credible - based solely on the promise to develop and deliver a rather complex product.

The best way to protect yourself when paying cash and cash-like bitcoins is to do research. Get to know the project, get to know the people. Are they trustworthy? Are they competent? Are there any red flags?  Alternatively, just pay a nanny (credit card company) to take care of you: she will gladly do it for a fee. If you are smart, you won't even be paying the fee - they'll find less-then-smart customers to cover it for you.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:25:27 PM

Ah, the lost art of due diligence... You don't need "more protection" - you can protect yourself by treating bitcoins much like you treat cash. You wouldn't just go to a strange neighborhood and hand a couple of thousands of dollars to a hand sticking out from a hole in the wall, the wall having a spray-painted advertisement "will build and deliver advanced, customized, integrated circuits"...? Or would you?

Paying cash to the likes of Sony and Tom - even ngzhang and friedcat, who so far appear much more credible - based solely on the promise to develop and deliver a rather complex product.

The best way to protect yourself when paying cash and cash-like bitcoins is to do research. Get to know the project, get to know the people. Are they trustworthy? Are they competent? Are there any red flags?  Alternatively, just pay a nanny (credit card company) to take care of you: she will gladly do it for a fee. If you are smart, you won't even be paying the fee - they'll find less-then-smart customers to cover it for you.
While I agree friedcat seems credible, everyone else do as well - and have delivered on FPGA products. While I was skeptical of BFL back in 2010, 2 years later I see no reason not to trust Sonny or anyone else there. I've known Tom since before he started BTCFPGA, and likewise trust him to do his best to deliver - and make good on refunds if he can't. Not much personal connection with ngzhang, but his Icarus works okay and he definitely seems to be into Bitcoin hardware for the long haul. I can't say I really see any reason for your graffiti analogy: the ASIC vendors are all basically trustworthy.

P.S. I have no reason to doubt Tycho/Deepbit either.

regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:36:29 PM

No matter how much due diligence you do, there has to be some risk involved.  Pretty much all three of the ASIC vendors BFL, BTCFPGA, and Avalon all have or had decent reputation at delivering a previous product.  There is no way you can tell me there was obvious fraud going on with any of them early on.

Until there is more consumer protection, I don't think bitcoins will achieve enough usage as it is hard to not have the "nanny" protection when shopping online.  It seems like anyone can create a good persona online for a while, but past achievement does not always indicate future performance.
Trance104

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:20:35 PM

Typical BTC drama. I had a preorder with him too.

What a shame.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: