January 20, 2013, 06:22:20 PM

Last transaction: 2013-01-11 21:46:26  Sad
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:03:32 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2013, 04:26:45 AM by repentance

The only thing Tom could do to regain some of the trust would be to refund eveybody, build the bASIC devices with his own or some investors money, demonstrate success with a working device and then start selling the devices.

I pretty much agree with this.  The pre-order model for bASIC needs to be abandoned.  If they want to maintain the current order book so that people can keep their places in the queue, then that could be done by way of a token (say $50) deposit with the remainder of the purchase price being paid when the units are actually ready to ship.

They also need to unlock their forum.  These occasional hyperbolic posts from Tom are too much like "from the desk of Tom Williams" reports when all the communication is one way and legitimate questions are remaining unanswered.  To date, not one shred of evidence has been provided that there is a "new team" or that more funds have been secured.  People shouldn't be asked to take Tom's word on these things - Tom should be falling over himself to provide evidence and to answer questions about "what next".

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 03:20:35 PM

Tom trying to save/earn money by delaying BTC refunds as long as possible?

...request refund on Monday (01-14-12), sent follow up on (01-16-12) haven't received a response. I paid via BTC ~90 (was trading at 11.80) totally feel like i'm getting jacked, regarding BTC/USD conversion. ...however the product was clearly priced in USD, but leaves a really bad taste.

FU Tom. FU.

still nothing from Dave... still no BTC refund.

regarding new info on btcfpga.com, makes me wanna stick it out, i mean at this point its ~30BTC cheaper for me to 'buy' one... or not have my refund processed.

is bASIC vaporware? should i stick it out (i paid via btc, will get f'd on refund) and wait for product?
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 03:38:23 PM

still nothing from Dave... still no BTC refund.

is bASIC vaporware?

Well, I think you can answer this yourself.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 03:59:12 PM

If I were him I'd be assembling every FPGA I could possible build with what parts I had left and start hashing to pay back the BTC that was already spent.

more or less retired.
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 04:52:59 PM

i am still saying refund should be processed at the exchange rate at the time the refund was requested.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 05:10:09 PM

If I were him I'd be assembling every FPGA I could possible build with what parts I had left and start hashing to pay back the BTC that was already spent.
Which may yield results for 3-4 weeks.  Clearly not enough.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:56:19 AM

seems theirs a new update with bASIC

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refund request until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Now Let's Get ready to mine some serious coins
your friend always "cablepair"
Tom

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:02:35 PM

seems theirs a new update with bASIC

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refund request until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Now Let's Get ready to mine some serious coins
your friend always "cablepair"
Tom

Welcome to 4 days ago  Grin

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:46:32 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 07:28:33 PM by MrTeal

Looks like Tom might have a new home soon(jail).  I hope this piece of crap rots in there.  
Someone should start a list to keep track of who has received their refund and how many still are outstanding.  At some point if the funds aren't returned I would contact the New York Attorney general and have them start looking into a case of credit card fraud.  

Hey Scammer. Just out of curiosity, you seemed to be on pretty good terms with Tom back when he was setting up TNTMINING and A1BITCOINPOOL for you. Was the breakup really that bitter that you have two follow him around on another set of sockpuppet accounts when you've scammed way more from the community than Tom ever did?

Much love,
Me
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:30:11 PM

Look here: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1048.0

Tom has given up, but promised "EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD."
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:39:58 PM

Tom has given up, but promised "EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD."
Just to confirm, my order was 25 units, I requested a refund for the credit card transactions around the 11th Jan from Dave and I got the money back this morning in my online statements, I did loose a few percent on the $USD vs EUR exchange rate.

But at least they are keeping their word.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:47:58 PM

Just to confirm, my order was 25 units, I requested a refund for the credit card transactions around the 11th Jan from Dave and I got the money back this morning in my online statements, I did loose a few percent on the $USD vs EUR exchange rate.

That's good news...

I find it interesting how Tom blames the community for the shutdown of the company.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:51:55 PM

I find it interesting how Tom blames the community for the shutdown of the company.

Take it with a grain of salt.  His dream's been shattered, he's overwhelmed, and he's not yet had any time away from the drama to develop some perspective.  It's probably a bit too soon to reasonably expect him to be able to take an objective look at what went wrong and why.

I think he's probably a bit hurt that when he announced the project was back on track he wasn't showered with support.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:00:44 PM

That's good news...

Just history repeating itself, he had the form on a smaller scale for all to see, guessing how this was going to end with the hubris shown = it will be an inevitable fail, no surprise there at all

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75091.0;all

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:06:15 PM

Hold up there... as posted on similar thread,

"
Theymos thinks cablepair's email <edit> might be hosed. Refund announcement and forum wipe could be someone still fucking around.

TNO

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/off-topic/789-writing-style-comparison-cablepair-posts-2.html#post11483

"

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

"
Theymos thinks cablepair's email <edit> might be hosed. Refund announcement and forum wipe could be someone still fucking around.

TNO

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/off-topic/789-writing-style-comparison-cablepair-posts-2.html#post11483

"

Or.. or... it could just be Tom after all!  GREAT SCOTT!

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:12:51 PM

"

TNO

"

Or.. or... it could just be Tom after all!  GREAT SCOTT!

could be you.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:42:00 AM

Where did you read this? From his post linked above he takes full responsibility :
Quote from: cablepair
I hope you can please accept my deep apologies, I thought I could pull this off but it was just too much of an undertaking for me, I feel ashamed and embarrassed and I am so sorry that I could not come through for you.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:18:05 AM

Where did you read this? From his post linked above he takes full responsibility :
Quote from: cablepair
I hope you can please accept my deep apologies, I thought I could pull this off but it was just too much of an undertaking for me, I feel ashamed and embarrassed and I am so sorry that I could not come through for you.
His hacked account was rambling about how haters and trolls were giving him a bad name, and was the reason so many people were refunding. It was a blatant case of pass-the-buck whining, but all of his posts over the past day or two have been removed, and his account has been locked. 

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: