Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:33:43 PM

Yes the bitcoin is used for criminal activities but I do not mind because its maybe also good for the bitcoin.
Plus in fact every currency is used by criminals and that is also already mentioned here by people.
Please, tell me why it may be good that Bitcoin is being used by criminals?

As hard as I am thinking I really can't think of any reason why it would be good for Bitcoin that it's being used for illegal stuff.

Well for one Bitcoin is very anonymous. You can transact here without having the need of disclosing your actual real name.

I also think it can be good for the bitcoin because it will maybe boost the economy and maybe already is so that is why.
I also other currency's have this so it would not be real problem.
I think it is the thought of some people. I don't know how it can be used illegally. May be some illegal transactions, that too we can't find how far it is happening. To my sense it is the technical way to earn money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jod_doj

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:11:05 PM

Yes the bitcoin is used for criminal activities but I do not mind because its maybe also good for the bitcoin.
Plus in fact every currency is used by criminals and that is also already mentioned here by people.
Please, tell me why it may be good that Bitcoin is being used by criminals?

As hard as I am thinking I really can't think of any reason why it would be good for Bitcoin that it's being used for illegal stuff.

Well for one Bitcoin is very anonymous. You can transact here without having the need of disclosing your actual real name.

I also think it can be good for the bitcoin because it will maybe boost the economy and maybe already is so that is why.
I also other currency's have this so it would not be real problem.
I think it is the thought of some people. I don't know how it can be used illegally. May be some illegal transactions, that too we can't find how far it is happening. To my sense it is the technical way to earn money.
people just buy some illegal stuff i think, bitcoin itself is definitely not illegal in most countries but some people use it to buy such stuff as drugs and so on in my opinion

it is being used for making illegal activities and it will always be because it can give people a chance to be anonymous what kinda encourages them to do that
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:29:49 PM

Of course bitcoin is being used for illegal activities, Bitcoin is a good payment method for criminals and it is difficult to check them so that is good for the criminals they can buy some easily stuff or something.
But if Bitcoin is getting more popular there are more people will get to know about it and that is quite bad.
KFCBTC

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:46:00 PM

Of course it is being used for illegal activity, like any currency if you think about it, whenever there are humans there is mis-use and therefore it's not that irregular... I don't think it's the fault of BTC at least.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:15:18 PM

It does not matter that if bitcoin being used for illegal activities but what does matter is bitcoin is used in every activity no matter it is a legal activity or an illegal activity. So usage of bitcoins everywhere which matters most.
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:43:48 PM

I think it is only a rumor or maybe sometime in the past it was used, but it is not frequently used, most of the criminals are illiterate and they do not have any knowledge about bitcoin, and if they started to learn about bitcoin they will also learn the ways of its earning which is much easier and not risky, so they may adopt it.
no,its not rumor,lets see in other case,bitcoin used for gambling,and i believe in some countries gambling is illegal,and this is relize that some countries with illegal gambling there,can't accept bitcoin easily.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:42:03 PM

bitcoin is the payment methode in deep web and there you can find all illegal activities so yes some people use bitcoin like but others use it for life need or just for making money so not all bitcon users use bitcoin for illegal activities.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:14:39 PM

bitcoin is the payment methode in deep web and there you can find all illegal activities so yes some people use bitcoin like but others use it for life need or just for making money so not all bitcon users use bitcoin for illegal activities.

Well yes bitcoin is famous on the dark/deep web but without bitcoin criminals would use any other online payment option like bitcoin. And remember the dark web is just a fraction of fiat money used by criminals.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:13:18 PM

I think it is only a rumor or maybe sometime in the past it was used, but it is not frequently used, most of the criminals are illiterate and they do not have any knowledge about bitcoin, and if they started to learn about bitcoin they will also learn the ways of its earning which is much easier and not risky, so they may adopt it.

I have also saw that there are not much cases occurred with which it is noted that bitcoin is used for criminal activities, Currently the criminals are much less aware with it, as after France attack, I have never saw that in any case the bitcoin is used.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:15:49 PM

Maybe some many people used bitcoin to illegal activities, but i hope you taken from positive side of usability bitcoin.
I think you can not tell people to use bitcoin positiv only to act alone dude
bitcoin is decentralization. someone who can not intervene in the use of bitcoin.
you're free to do anything using bitcoin.
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:30:47 AM

Yes of course it is being used for illegal activity.  Fiat, gold, diamonds, credit cards, etc. are also used for illegal activity.  I don't think it's going to be the cause of Bitcoin's failure.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:31:44 AM

Maybe some many people used bitcoin to illegal activities, but i hope you taken from positive side of usability bitcoin.
I think you can not tell people to use bitcoin positiv only to act alone dude
bitcoin is decentralization. someone who can not intervene in the use of bitcoin.
you're free to do anything using bitcoin.

That's not fair, we are supposed to spread with the positive usage of bitcoin rather than giving description it's usage in the illegal trading and other sectors. Once after being a part of bitcoin, let them learn of their own about the various factors of bitcoin.
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:42:25 AM

I'm willing to bet cash is used for 99.9% of all illegal activity. Bitcoin is a drop in the bucket compared to cash.
SilverPunk

The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:46:19 AM

Yes, bitoin is used on many illegal activities like buying on the blackmarket sites... Use to buy killer etc..it is widely use in the underground transaction in china.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
                                ▒▒▒▒▒▒    
                              ▒   ▒▒▒▒    
                           ▒  ▒▒▒   ▒     
                          ▒▒▒  ▒▒         
             ▒▒         ▒   ▒▒            
            ▒▒▒▒      ▒▒▒▒▒               
          ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ▒▒▒▒▒▒                
        ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  
      ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒       ▒▒       ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒                    ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒         ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
              ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   

STOX..

██
    ████
   ██████
  ████████
 ██████████
    ████
 ██  ██  ██
  ██    ██
   ██  ██
    ████
     ██   
ETH based Prediction Market
             Unparalleled Peer-to-Peer Trading Experience

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
   Token Sale  
  Soon to be announce

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████             ████████       ███████    ███████████    █████
█████████████████   ██████  ███████████   █████   █████████   █████   █████████
███████████████  █████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████████  ██████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
████████████  ████████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████   █████████████  ███████████████████  █████████   ███   ██████████
██████     ███████████████  ████████████         ███████    █████████    ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

WHITEPAPER
ANN
BOUNTY
Rizla2345

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:01:15 AM

Everything that has value is used for illegal activities to some extent. Bitcoin is too. Not sure if there´s any more proportion of criminality in that than any fiat. And of course the total value of bitcoins is microscopic compared to fiat currencies so its share in criminality is microscopic as well.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 807

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:57:04 AM

Everything that has value is used for illegal activities to some extent. Bitcoin is too. Not sure if there´s any more proportion of criminality in that than any fiat. And of course the total value of bitcoins is microscopic compared to fiat currencies so its share in criminality is microscopic as well.

Very well said all currencies not only bitcoin is used for illegal doings as long it has value its still money. It can buy destructive arms and can pay for hoodlums to do bad things. But think of it we should use money for best doings and we should remember that we are humans and make give love humanity dont use bitcoin for illegal doings.

NordicRanger

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:59:25 PM

Yeah the fact that you cannot be traced via Bitcoin is making it the ideal place for online criminals. You will never be able to stop all criminals so just do not focus on them.
kanazawa

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:57:05 AM

there are lot of ways to trace BTC and only few way to hide, but this is like fiat, you can hide fiat in much more places then you can "put" your BTC because you can take BTC in yur hands and cannot invest anywhere to laudring... fiat has a very dirt histiry and people use money this "way" everyday... anyway.. 'course you can use btc in illegal acts, but your had to be very clever to don't let ANY trace in the web, because the "spiders" catching this "spots" are pretty much more clever than "normal" people behind desks searching for fiat that are "Invested" in factories, buildings and lot of huge "social" stuffs.

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:54:01 AM

Yeah the fact that you cannot be traced via Bitcoin is making it the ideal place for online criminals. You will never be able to stop all criminals so just do not focus on them.
you are right. many of which utilize the excess bitcoin transactions are fast and difficult to be detected to conduct illegal activities online, and bitcoin price also remained stable as possible for the transaction of the illegal activity
Zacudis

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:03:43 AM

Actually Bitcoin is being used in all types of illegal ways, First they run it thru a mixer, or multiple wallets, and then run it thru investment type websites or run a website its self.  then after the serious mix.  It is then distributed to multiple users, then to the final transaction Traceable maybe, but it would take a very long time to figure out exactly who, and what it was used for.  think of a spider web with a grass seed stuck in it.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: