Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:14:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that God exists  (Read 62221 times)
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:12:43 AM

Moloch - I think you have something to answer for. Smiley

I said I came across some quotes, not that I fact-checked them...

I see plenty of sources attributing the quote to either man, and given that Blaise Pascal lived 300 years before Richard Jeni, I'd go with Pascal...

I really don't care who said it first... it's a good quote

It was a joke. I really don't care who said what. Common sense tells me what I need to know about this subject.

Besides, don't we have a thread somewhere that hook-nosed people are evil?    Grin

You're nowhere near the point that we're discussing.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:15:02 AM

I see plenty of sources attributing the quote to either man, and given that Blaise Pascal lived 300 years before Richard Jeni, I'd go with Pascal...

It was a joke. I really don't care who said what. Common sense tells me what I need to know about this subject.

Besides, don't we have a thread somewhere that hook-nosed people are evil?    Grin

If the note in the picture is it, at least we have friends.    Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:18:39 AM

Yeah, yeah, entropy, blah blah.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:34:31 AM

You mean complexity, right?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:43:36 AM

Of course, I don't know where my mind was. Oh yeah, in the real world. Sorry BD.

bonski

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:53:24 AM

I came across a few old quotes about religion...

A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a superstition.
-José Bergamín

You’re basically killing each other to see who’s got the better imaginary friend.
-Blaise Pascal

If God has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor.
-Voltaire

How about the well-known Albert Einstein even though he is so intelligent with high IQ he do believe in God, God is real and God exists.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:54:44 AM

Of course, I don't know where my mind was. Oh yeah, in the real world. Sorry BD.

BD? Do you mean BADecker? Huh. All this time I thought the name was BAD  ecker (a german word for a kind of nut), but it's actually BA  Decker?

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:56:06 AM

-José Bergamín

You’re basically killing each other to see who’s got the better imaginary friend.
-Blaise Pascal

-Voltaire

How about the well-known Albert Einstein even though he is so intelligent with high IQ he do believe in God, God is real and God exists.

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. (Albert Einstein)

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:57:25 AM

-José Bergamín

-Blaise Pascal

-Voltaire

He didn't believe in God, he believed in gods and was quite critical of Judeochristian religious beliefs.

Einstein was not on your side.

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:59:02 AM

BD? Do you mean BADecker? Huh. All this time I thought the name was BAD  ecker (a german word for a kind of nut), but it's actually BA  Decker?

I pronounce it Baaaa Decker... like the sheep
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:59:37 AM

Besides, don't we have a thread somewhere that hook-nosed people are evil?    Grin

If the note in the picture is it, at least we have friends.    Grin

Who the hell cares? I'm sorry! Did I say that out loud? I meant to say: Yes, maybe a nut. A nut case.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:28:11 AM

If god did exist and created the universe how would we have the perspective to know this anyway since we are made up of the same matter as the universe.  You either believe or you dont, maybe for those who believe god exists then its true, maybe for those who dont its not true.  Perhaps the universe is capable of acting out a contradiction like that.
Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:29:31 AM

If you can't prove that it doesn't exist, then it exist. That's the way it works in your divine science.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:36:18 AM

If you can't prove that it doesn't exist, then it exist. That's the way it works in your divine science.

.... not sure if serious?

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:39:33 AM

You seriously serious? I mean really?
So you believe in Unicorns and green maggots then?

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

I thought he might have been being sarcastic.

yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:58:50 AM

I thought he might have been being sarcastic.

Yeah nobody can be dumb enough to make such statement, even BD ^^
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:00:15 AM

-José Bergamín

-Blaise Pascal

-Voltaire

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. (Albert Einstein)

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Thanks. Wouldn't have quoted better.
Basically Einstein was an agnostic. As any objective scientist should be.
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:33:51 AM

My good man - surely you jest.

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:19:11 AM

If god did exist and created the universe how would we have the perspective to know this anyway since we are made up of the same matter as the universe.  You either believe or you dont, maybe for those who believe god exists then its true, maybe for those who dont its not true.  Perhaps the universe is capable of acting out a contradiction like that.

Exactly, the only thing to do is to be an agnostic.

That's the only way decent people can act Wink

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: