Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ethereum Paradox  (Read 99809 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:54:06 AM

Maybe thats what you get up to with all those underage boys and girls over there in the philipines

My gf's 26th bday was March 3. She monitors me 24 x 7. Any more lies (about me or Ethereum)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 03:59:50 AM

Maybe thats what you get up to with all those underage boys and girls over there in the philipines

My gf's 26th bday was March 3. She monitors me 24 x 7. Any more lies (about me or Ethereum)?

So basically you're admitting you're a sex tourist, possible fugitive from the united states and probable pederast.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:13:51 AM

I'm pretty sure Manny would be using you as a punching bag

I'd be grateful if he gave me that opportunity to test my athleticism at my age versus his. It would be a day of honor for me and an experience I would cherish. I am athlete and Manny would soon realize that. I'll probably have a little surprise (about my athleticism) for you fools in a few days I think.

This is pointless though arguing with kiddies using their mobile phones on their moma's sofabed. You will never actually put yourself in a situation where your words have to have be backed up with action. Meritocracy is not in your vocabulary. Back in the day, you faggots were the ones we tied to the pole stripped down to your underwear, with a jock strap taped over your mouth.

You won't be doing none of those things homo.  Maybe thats what you get up to with all those underage boys and girls over there in the philipines.  I hope they execute your pedophile ass by firing squad LOL

Man - you just gave him some serious ammunition there with regard to speaking the Queen's English. Not that I'm the grammar police. I think so long as you can get the idea of what someone is saying that is good enough.

Stoat - although I don't think  you're a bad person (just very enthusiastic over etherium)... you do realise that bumping this thread over and over is not beneficial for Etherium? quite the opposite.

Why not just listen to the critique anonymint gave and accept that you don't have any way to refute it right now. Don't feel bad about it less than 0.01% of the board understands crypto at a deep enough level to argue with smooth, anonymint et al. That and the fact even VB has not come here to offer a quick explanation of how anonymint is wrong is kind of strange. Maybe there is no way to refute it?

I mean if there was just something he is planning to deal with the issue brought up then fair enough. However nothing from him or any Eth core dev since the start. Perhaps ask on the etherium board his opinion?

or

Just wait and see. If Etherium can scale it can scale. If it can not (as i fear it can not after the laymans explanation he attempted to give on the other page) then perhaps they will find another design by which it can.  No point calling names and losing your cool.

Of course it is up to you. Stress is surely a killer.

In the short time I've  been following crypto there always seems to be something new and seemingly better coming out. . Etherium isn't going to end that trend so don't get overly hung up on it.

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:43:42 AM

For someone who made such a big deal about strict Queen's English upthread, it is quite ironic you repeat again another inaccurate use of the English language. I didn't write 'want'. I wrote 'can' and 'required to'. Do you need a dictionary?

Same difference.  You basically implied you wanted to fight me.  Silly really, for a grown man.

not silly at all, it just exemplifies that you are a little twerp that hides behind his internet anonymity. or as he nicely put it, a chickenshit monkey hiding behind a banana tree hurling stones  Grin
in any case, you are not a grown man to start with. something the other twerps in your support group won't be able to tell you, which explains your surprise.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:05:31 AM

So basically you're admitting you're a sex tourist, possible fugitive from the united states and probable pederast.

I've had the same gf for a year. And I am not a fugitive (nonsense how could I be a fugitive and have a valid passport which is required to renew my visa every 6 months). Any more lies about me or Ethereum?

Apparently my gf is older than you. And she is at child bearing age, but you are still at child who isn't ready for responsibility.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 05:31:22 AM

I've had the same gf for a year. And I am not a fugitive (nonsense how could I be a fugitive and have a valid passport which is required to renew my visa every 6 months). Any more lies about me or Ethereum?

Apparently my gf is older than you. And she is at child bearing age, but you are still at child who isn't ready for responsibility.

Why don't you just keep posting technical arguments? That's what he's attempting to move you away from--but I'm sure you know that. He's desperate and his cognitive dissonance is on full-shrill, I'd just keep punching where his head is swelled and cut.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:18:47 AM

Stoat - although I don't think  you're a bad person (just very enthusiastic over etherium)... you do realise that bumping this thread over and over is not beneficial for Etherium? quite the opposite.

The BBC made a video a UK troll.

Why not just listen to the critique anonymint gave and accept that you don't have any way to refute it right now. Don't feel bad about it less than 0.01% of the board understands crypto at a deep enough level to argue with smooth, anonymint et al. That and the fact even VB has not come here to offer a quick explanation of how anonymint is wrong is kind of strange. Maybe there is no way to refute it?

I mean if there was just something he is planning to deal with the issue brought up then fair enough. However nothing from him or any Eth core dev since the start. Perhaps ask on the etherium board his opinion?

or

Just wait and see. If Etherium can scale it can scale. If it can not (as i fear it can not after the laymans explanation he attempted to give on the other page) then perhaps they will find another design by which it can.

Well scaling is not the only problem they can't solve. Another problem is as I explained upthread, that generalized scripting destroys the security of the block chain because it enables scenarios where the 51% attacker can fund his attack by stealing the coins of others.

Ethereum is vaporware.

The unsatisfying part will be that stoat will disappear when Ethereum has failed and he was chicken shit to reveal his true identity, so we won't be able to doxx him in real life.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:27:35 AM

Why don't you just keep posting technical arguments?

Why throws pearls at swine.

Except for one major thing. Reality in something has only one thing. There are not two or more realities. That kind of thinking is theory.

I can prove you are wrong.

What is the reality of 1 billionth person in India today? Obviously you can't possibly know and thus you and he/she have different realities. Fact is that for you to know all the realities in real-time (because history can always be a lie if you did not experience it live) would require the speed-of-light to be infinite, which would thus collapse the past into the future into an infinitesimal point in spacetime and thus nothing could exist. Friction insures multiple realities, and there is no other possible way anything could exist.

You don't realize how ignorant you are, which is typical Dunning-Kruger disrespect.

ilia7777

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:48:10 AM

Back to partitions, I've read about sharding today, the post was written by Vitalik and it describes exactly what is being implemented. It said clearly that if a call from one transaction group is made to another transaction group it would produce "out of range" exception. Its not clear to me why you even discuss the possibility of such calls that would be executed.

The second thing I did I watched an interview with Vitalik where he said that in Ethereum 2.0 they are thinking about getting away from every node executing every transaction. In a paper you quoted before exactly such solution is described with double decker blockchain where one layer is used to simply store the state. This seems to be the exact solution they are going to adopt.

need_war you need to understand that there are no problems in computer science that can't be solved. If particular architecture doesn't work they will change it to the one that works. The whole thing about blockchain with all the excitement around it seems to me like we say in Russia "sucked out of finger" . But that doesn't mean that Ethereum is not gonna work and that we won't be able to make money on it. Crazy youngsters like Vitalik will develop lots of shit on Ethereum just because people have nothing better to do. No point to talk further, what I studied so far is enough for me to start pouring money in mining farm for it.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 07:49:58 AM

The BBC made a video a UK troll.

or

Just wait and see. If Etherium can scale it can scale. If it can not (as i fear it can not after the laymans explanation he attempted to give on the other page) then perhaps they will find another design by which it can.

Well scaling is not the only problem they can't solve. Another problem is as I explained upthread, that generalized scripting destroys the security of the block chain because it enables scenarios where the 51% attacker can fund his attack by stealing the coins of others.

Ethereum is vaporware.

The unsatisfying part will be that stoat will disappear when Ethereum has failed and he was chicken shit to reveal his true identity, so we won't be able to doxx him in real life.

In one of their videos / threads they discussed about only allow a special subset of scrpting types to adress the 'generalized scripting' issue.

You think that's feasable?  

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 07:53:54 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 08:15:08 AM by hv_

Back to partitions, I've read about sharding today, the post was written by Vitalik and it describes exactly what is being implemented. It said clearly that if a call from one transaction group is made to another transaction group it would produce "out of range" exception. Its not clear to me why you even discuss the possibility of such calls that would be executed.

The second thing I did I watched an interview with Vitalik where he said that in Ethereum 2.0 they are thinking about getting away from every node executing every transaction. In a paper you quoted before exactly such solution is described with double decker blockchain where one layer is used to simply store the state. This seems to be the exact solution they are going to adopt.

need_war you need to understand that there are no problems in computer science that can't be solved. If particular architecture doesn't work they will change it to the one that works. The whole thing about blockchain with all the excitement around it seems to me like we say in Russia "sucked out of finger" . But that doesn't mean that Ethereum is not gonna work and that we won't be able to make money on it. Crazy youngsters like Vitalik will develop lots of shit on Ethereum just because people have nothing better to do. No point to talk further, what I studied so far is enough for me to start pouring money in mining farm for it.

Than they need to come over the CAP theorem - could be a bit tricky.  

'Proof' is there:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.msg13490710#msg13490710

Grin

pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:02:06 AM

ether mining is still all GPU and they claim to be ASIC proof... i wouldnt expect Chinese exchanges to list ether until there's some ether mining in China.

Maybe China is developing miners for ETH just like they did with LTC...

They just ASIC'd Dash, any coin with time could be ASIC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1371705.0

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:20:17 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 08:33:06 AM by YarkoL

Did you read https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/12/28/understanding-serenity-part-2-casper/ and the discussion that follows?

As Bob McElrath points out there, the Casper is not exempt from the centralization tendency that is the bane of
proof-of-stake systems. That problem is probably unsolvable in principle.

Why shoot at flies with a handgun?

Vitalik has replied to your comment on the page that I linked above,
so there's some bigger game for you.

“God does not play dice"
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 08:51:08 AM

Did you read https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/12/28/understanding-serenity-part-2-casper/ and the discussion that follows?

As Bob McElrath points out there, the Casper is not exempt from the centralization tendency that is the bane of
proof-of-stake systems. That problem is probably unsolvable in principle.

Why shoot at flies with a handgun?

Vitalik has replied to your comment on the page that I linked above,
so there's some bigger game for you.

To me that sounds he's mostly fine with centralization.

mathgal23

Activity: 150
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:56:20 AM

When will the design details of the new PoS system be shared so we know how they plan to scale?
ilia7777

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:14:05 AM

'Proof' is there:

Grin

Yes applications on Ethereum will not work good for everybody all the time, but so what, it will work most of the time for the majority of participants.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 09:47:46 AM

'Proof' is there:

Grin

Yes applications on Ethereum will not work good for everybody all the time, but so what, it will work most of the time for the majority of participants.

Yep, so all APP Builders with big assets (& risk) behind, will never use ETH as is, rather fork it to private use or use some MySQL or NoSQL stuff...

Edit:  BTC is still seen as a risky experiment, so pls consider ETH as even a more risky one. Just do own risk management for market AND cyber risks.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:21:44 AM

Don't patronise me you duplicitous old fart.  There is nothing in this thread that is even remotely a threat to ethereum. You'd have to be a very guillable person to fall for all the FUD in this thread.  I may be younger than you twerps but I know what bullshit smells like.  Keep this thread bumped for all eternity.  It will only serve as a monument to FUD and sour grapes.

<-- Click here!
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:43:16 AM

'Proof' is there:

Grin

Yep, so all APP Builders with big assets (& risk) behind, will never use ETH as is, rather fork it to private use or use some MySQL or NoSQL stuff...

Edit:  BTC is still seen as a risky experiment, so pls consider ETH as even a more risky one. Just do own risk management for market AND cyber risks.

Here, a fork of Factom seems to be used:

http://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-startup-aims-to-secure-1-million-estonian-health-records/

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 11:02:35 AM

All you have to realise to know ETH is brilliant is to look at the types of people that are FUDing against it.  Scamcoin pumpers,  shit devs,  and now aggressive fugitive pedophiles.

<-- Click here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: