Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408628 times)
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 07:42:57 PM

Great stuff, nice to see this coin continue it's path.

One problem, TRC doesn't work with p2pool anymore - it complains of the wallet being too old? I think something needs changing in the p2pool terracoin.py file but am not sure what.....

p3yot3 opened that issue up with Ahmed and p2pool.  I have been following what is going on.  I think we should have an answer on that in the next couple of days.

Ah, great - thanks. I was afraid I was doing something wrong..... Tongue

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Terracoin-PR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:13:10 PM

It looks like difficulty/hashrate has picked up over the last few days. Mine your TRC now before difficulty takes off!
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:25:53 AM

It looks like difficulty/hashrate has picked up over the last few days. Mine your TRC now before difficulty takes off!

This is great news indeed. Terracoin rebooted! Any plans of adding TRC on c-cex? or even on bittrex?
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 01:58:44 AM

This is great news indeed. Terracoin rebooted! Any plans of adding TRC on c-cex? or even on bittrex?

Once we fix the final few issues with the new wallet there will be a hard fork about 3 weeks after that.  The hard fork is necessary to implement the merge mining and DGW.

After that we plan on working on expanding where you can buy TRC and where you can spend TRC.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:08:26 AM

Once we fix the final few issues with the new wallet there will be a hard fork about 3 weeks after that.  The hard fork is necessary to implement the merge mining and DGW.

After that we plan on working on expanding where you can buy TRC and where you can spend TRC.

That is great! slowly but surely, this coin can already be considered vintage! I once saw this TRC trading on btc-e.com, maybe you can also ask those people there to add it back! Smiley
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 02:19:01 AM

That is great! slowly but surely, this coin can already be considered vintage! I once saw this TRC trading on btc-e.com, maybe you can also ask those people there to add it back! Smiley

Yep!  BTC-E is where I first encountered TRC as well.  There has been some talk about one of the top wallets being their cold wallet.

https://bchain.info/TRC/rich/

EDIT:  We are about to hit the 16 million coin mark!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:22:36 AM

Yep!  BTC-E is where I first encountered TRC as well.  There has been some talk about one of the top wallets being their cold wallet.

Just wow, they are really old wallets and had no transactions for more than a year!
Terracoin-PR

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:23:48 AM

Yep!  BTC-E is where I first encountered TRC as well.  There has been some talk about one of the top wallets being their cold wallet.

Without looking back through historical charts, I think Terracoin peaked around $1/TRC before the collapse. The good news is, even with perceived distribution skew, or whatever "negative" history people may see, it is still more evenly distributed than many other blockchains trading at significantly higher volumes and prices.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 02:45:50 AM

Yep!  BTC-E is where I first encountered TRC as well.  There has been some talk about one of the top wallets being their cold wallet.

Just wow, they are really old wallets and had no transactions for more than a year!

Yeah, most of the wallets are really old.  I wish we had a better blockchain explorer (another thing for the list after the hard fork).  I think that there is probably 1 million TRC that have been accidently burnt.  People probably got out of the game, had computer failures, didn't really care, etc.

As TRC_PR said if you look at how it is distributed it is a pretty nice spread.  If some of those wallets are cold wallets from BTC-E, Crypsty  and other exchanges then we can look forward to a steady sell off once TRC is at a good price.  I think this a good thing because it will help protect us from pump and dumps.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 10:57:20 AM

One problem, TRC doesn't work with p2pool anymore - it complains of the wallet being too old? I think something needs changing in the p2pool terracoin.py file but am not sure what.....

p3yot3 opened that issue up with Ahmed and p2pool.  I have been following what is going on.  I think we should have an answer on that in the next couple of days.

I've PM'd rav3n_pl, the dev of the p2pool fork I use - maybe he can give us an insight into the problem.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:03:40 AM

so terracoin is back? wow great. I have to buy some again  Smiley
Terracoin-PR

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:37:41 PM

so terracoin is back? wow great. I have to buy some again  Smiley

Indeed it is. Good time to do it now before interest and difficulty increase!
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:51:15 PM

Congratulations, great to see TRC back!

Dumb question maybe, does anyone know what happened to the original developer? Is there any sign or feedback from him? What about the original website terracoin.org?
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 01:00:29 PM

I've PM'd rav3n_pl, the dev of the p2pool fork I use - maybe he can give us an insight into the problem.

rav3n_pl has replied to my PM & has kindly offered to look into it, time permitting!

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 06:38:33 PM

Congratulations, great to see TRC back!

Dumb question maybe, does anyone know what happened to the original developer? Is there any sign or feedback from him? What about the original website terracoin.org?

He is MIA.  I tried to contact him via some old email addresses that I tracked down.  He never replied.

Someone did renew the domain name for terracoin.org so someone is paying for something.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 06:39:04 PM

rav3n_pl has replied to my PM & has kindly offered to look into it, time permitting!

It looks like he updated the issue on Ahmed's github.  Thanks for contacting him!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:12:17 AM

People should keep on voting for TRC on c-cex.com, TRC is now on 6th place.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 05:28:47 AM

People should keep on voting for TRC on c-cex.com, TRC is now on 6th place.

I created an account on there to vote, and it wouldn't let me vote because I have a zero BTC balance.  No big deal.

They also have the website listed wrong.

This actually happened when we decided to get listed on Cryptopia.  People kept adding TRC with the wrong info.  I am not sure if it was through malice or ignorance, but it doesn't help.

The correct website is terracoin.info and this is the up to date bitcointalk forum for Terracoin.

Let's hope we get enough votes and don't get disqualified!!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Terracoin-PR

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:31:16 PM

Once the new wallet client is released, we'll begin shooting for larger exchanges as well such as Bittrex and Poloniex. With a little luck we will get in and visibility will once again skyrocket.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 12:26:59 AM

Can someone try out mining with the wallet besides p2pool?  I want to make sure the issues that we are having with p2pool are not an overall mining issue.  Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: