Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408649 times)
Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:18:36 AM

Can someone try out mining with the wallet besides p2pool?  I want to make sure the issues that we are having with p2pool are not an overall mining issue.  Thanks!
I tried to set up a MPOS pool but the stratum complained about the new wallet not understanding getblocktemplate.

Looking at the code, the getblocktemplate call was disabled:
Code:
getblocktemplate is disabled for merge-mining, since getauxblock should
be used instead.  All blocks are required to be merge-mined, thus GBT
makes no sense.

is there a workaround for this, or has it been addressed already ?
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:32:19 AM

Can someone try out mining with the wallet besides p2pool?  I want to make sure the issues that we are having with p2pool are not an overall mining issue.  Thanks!
I tried to set up a MPOS pool but the stratum complained about the new wallet not understanding getblocktemplate.

Code:
makes no sense.

Can getblocktemplate and getauxblock co-exist in the new wallet? If so, maybe we can enable it for now.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 02:39:26 AM

Code:
makes no sense.

Thanks for trying that out so quick.  I can't find the email, but someone else got this error and getauxblock is what should be used because of the merged mining.  We are using the namecoin merged mining code.  I found this wiki about it.  It seems cryptic to me.   Smiley https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

Does anyone who has merged mined with a pool or a p2pool before have an input?  We can use all the help we can get.  Thanks!  

These changes to the code are going to make the coin stronger, but there are going to be some growing pains.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 02:41:17 AM

Code:
makes no sense.

Can getblocktemplate and getauxblock co-exist in the new wallet? If so, maybe we can enable it for now.

They both can't co-exist, sadly.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

hanzac

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:55:32 AM

Code:
makes no sense.

They both can't co-exist, sadly.

If so, someone mining with the new wallet, it will make hard-fork, right? I don't know what's your purpose to let people try out mining with the new software.
If not plan to hard-fork right now, we should only use the getblocktemplate right now, not this getauxblock. After decided to hard-fork, then use the getauxblock.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 03:08:53 AM

If so, someone mining with the new wallet, it will make hard-fork, right? I don't know what's your purpose to let people try out mining with the new software.
If not plan to hard-fork right now, we should only use the getblocktemplate right now, not this getauxblock. After decided to hard-fork, then use the getauxblock.

The purpose of asking people to do that is that we are testing the new code before the hard fork.  We don't want to hard fork to a broken wallet.

We also want to learn about what challenges we will be facing once the new wallet it out.  We want to have answers to questions, and we want to make the experience as painless as possible.

I appreciate your input so please try merged mining Terracoin (you only need to make it work for a minute) and tell us how it goes so we can improve the wallet.  Thanks man!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2016, 02:37:38 AM

We are still working on the fixing the mining issues with the wallet.  Any input will help.

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/issues/14

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

hanzac

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:59:36 AM

Guys, in the https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/blob/master/src/rpc/mining.cpp

You didn't put the method "getblocktemplate" in the RPC commands:
Line 1059: static const CRPCCommand commands[] =

Wink
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 11:12:20 PM

Guys, in the https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/blob/master/src/rpc/mining.cpp

You didn't put the method "getblocktemplate" in the RPC commands:
Line 1059: static const CRPCCommand commands[] =

Wink

I think he fixed it for now.  Thanks!  Merge mining will start once the hard fork happens.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

hanzac

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:13:25 AM

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/issues/18

I believe KGW will also need hard-fork. Because the new blocks created by the new version node are not accepted by the old version nodes.

Can we add some code in the new version node, only when the new version nodes percentage reaches for example 80%, then start mining by enabling KGW & MM?
We can add the code to check the previous blocks (for example, previous 1000 blocks) version, for example, most of the latest block versions are new version, then activate the KGW/MM mining.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 04:34:39 AM

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/issues/18

I believe KGW will also need hard-fork. Because the new blocks created by the new version node are not accepted by the old version nodes.

Can we add some code in the new version node, only when the new version nodes percentage reaches for example 80%, then start mining by enabling KGW & MM?
We can add the code to check the previous blocks (for example, previous 1000 blocks) version, for example, most of the latest block versions are new version, then activate the KGW/MM mining.

Hanzac can you open this idea on Ahmed's Terracoin github as an issue?

Just so we are on the same page, DGW is Dark Gravity Wave difficulty readjustment algorithm.

Also, I think 80% is way too high.  No matter how much we blast everyone about a mandatory wallet upgrade most people/companies are not aware of the new foundation etc.  I think 51% is a much more reasonable percentage.  Once everyone notices that something has changed I think we will be able to more diplomatic about it.

Thanks for the help!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:33:50 PM

Id advise against a percentage based hard fork to be honest. One i don't currently have time to do it. Two it means it could be months till the hard fork happens if at all

Ahmed
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 01:42:17 AM

Id advise against a percentage based hard fork to be honest. One i don't currently have time to do it. Two it means it could be months till the hard fork happens if at all

Ahmed

I was just about to e-mail you.

I agree.  How about we plan the hard fork to approximately happen three weeks from Wednesday the 17th?  I know that the hard fork will be more controlled by the number of blocks mined vs actual calendar time, but that gives us a little leeway.

We will need time to compile the Windows exes, and to inform everyone that the hard fork is going down.

If things are broken on the new wallet after the hard fork will you be available for emergency updates?

I am not doubting your programing skills; I just know from managing past IT roll-outs at my job that all possible disasters should be planned for.

Thanks Ahmed!  Smiley

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 04:56:16 PM

When will the hard fork be?

Good question - do we have an approximate time/date/block when it will happen?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

Ahmed

I was just about to e-mail you.

I agree.  How about we plan the hard fork to approximately happen three weeks from Wednesday the 17th?  I know that the hard fork will be more controlled by the number of blocks mined vs actual calendar time, but that gives us a little leeway.

We will need time to compile the Windows exes, and to inform everyone that the hard fork is going down.

If things are broken on the new wallet after the hard fork will you be available for emergency updates?

I am not doubting your programing skills; I just know from managing past IT roll-outs at my job that all possible disasters should be planned for.

Thanks Ahmed!  Smiley

Yep i'll be around.

Ahmed
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 12:47:43 AM

Hopefully Ahmed can update the code to have it happen 3 weeks from Wednesday the 17th.  I will have a block count once the code has been updated.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:36:01 AM

Hopefully Ahmed can update the code to have it happen 3 weeks from Wednesday the 17th.  I will have a block count once the code has been updated.

This is good news. More time for people to join in the fun!
adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:05:37 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 03:39:55 PM by adorid

at moment on linux wallet works terrible, huge problems with sync... atleast from command line
Did you managed to run auxpow for terracoin? as i tried new wallet doesnt accept new blocks...

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 05:34:38 PM

at moment on linux wallet works terrible, huge problems with sync... atleast from command line
Did you managed to run auxpow for terracoin? as i tried new wallet doesnt accept new blocks...

I guess auxpow will kick in after the hard fork.

I am not having any sync issues on Ubuntu.  I compare the blocks pretty regularly to my old wallet and they are always up to date.  There is a warning saying that the number of blocks are not what is expected.  I believe this is because of lack of mining or when the difficulty drops people hit it hard with their miners.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:46:32 PM

I guess auxpow will kick in after the hard fork.

I am not having any sync issues on Ubuntu.  I compare the blocks pretty regularly to my old wallet and they are always up to date.  There is a warning saying that the number of blocks are not what is expected.  I believe this is because of lack of mining or when the difficulty drops people hit it hard with their miners.

I couldnt sync all chain with new wallet, but then i found old wallet and its working fine. Im using ubuntu 16.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: